GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (JGil916, CNote, 1 invisible), 106 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,332
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,696
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,499
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,273
Posts1,057,644
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The father of rebel Arcuris in Montreal has died #669572
10/09/12 03:44 PM
10/09/12 03:44 PM
A
antimafia Offline OP
Underboss
antimafia  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Link:

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Domenico+Arcuri+with+links+Rizzuto+clan+died/7363646/story.html

Excerpt:

Domenico Arcuri Sr., a man with links to Rizzuto clan, has died in U.S.
By Paul Cherry
THE GAZETTE
October 9, 2012 2:03 PM

MONTREAL – A man with ties to the Rizzuto clan dating back at least four decades, and whose sons appeared to have been the target of recent firebombings in Montreal, has died in the U.S.

Domenico Arcuri Sr., 79, died Monday in Florida, a state where police sources have said he has spent most of his time over the past decade. According to a spokesperson with the Florida Medical Examiner Office, Arcuri died of cardiac arrest on Monday after a roof collapsed in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. No further details on his death were immediately available....

Re: The father of rebel Arcuris in Montreal has died [Re: antimafia] #669651
10/10/12 07:50 AM
10/10/12 07:50 AM
Quebec, Canada
vito_andolini Offline
Button
vito_andolini  Offline
Button
Quebec, Canada
Yeah, and since the fire-bombings began, no one knew where he had fled to. Seems a little fishy to me, but doesn't change what was to be expected at this point. RIP

Not just getting my stripes, something I can't talk about. Something that was ruining my whole life and he made it right. For what I owe him, I would follow that man into hell.
Re: The father of rebel Arcuris in Montreal has died [Re: antimafia] #669939
10/11/12 07:44 PM
10/11/12 07:44 PM
Montreal
T
Tonymtl Offline
Button
Tonymtl  Offline
T
Button
Montreal
Will his sons come put of hiding for the funeral? That's the big question everyone's asking.

Re: The father of rebel Arcuris in Montreal has died [Re: antimafia] #669954
10/11/12 09:08 PM
10/11/12 09:08 PM
AntonioRotolo Offline
Button
AntonioRotolo  Offline
Button
It was the Arucri's and Montagna against Di Maulo and Desjardins. We all know who's winning that battle, and if you don't it's Di Maulo and Desjardins.

Re: The father of rebel Arcuris in Montreal has died [Re: AntonioRotolo] #669958
10/11/12 09:22 PM
10/11/12 09:22 PM
Montreal
T
Tonymtl Offline
Button
Tonymtl  Offline
T
Button
Montreal
Correction. It's now Rizzuto and co. Vs Arcuri dimaulo and desjardins.

Re: The father of rebel Arcuris in Montreal has died [Re: antimafia] #669962
10/11/12 09:33 PM
10/11/12 09:33 PM
AntonioRotolo Offline
Button
AntonioRotolo  Offline
Button
Naw I feel Arcuri's and di maulo/desjardins are separate. Arcuri's were with Montagna I feel like.

Re: The father of rebel Arcuris in Montreal has died [Re: antimafia] #669964
10/11/12 09:40 PM
10/11/12 09:40 PM
Montreal
T
Tonymtl Offline
Button
Tonymtl  Offline
T
Button
Montreal
I agree. But both groups sided against Rizutto.

Re: The father of rebel Arcuris in Montreal has died [Re: Tonymtl] #670112
10/13/12 12:24 AM
10/13/12 12:24 AM
J
jackbottoxxx Offline
Wiseguy
jackbottoxxx  Offline
J
Wiseguy
I have a strong feeling, all the groups played a huge role in ousting crucial figures.
Then, they turned on each other.
Montagna became over confident. Thinking, he can fast-track his way to power.
DiMaulo/Desjardins felt it was their opportunity. They were not ready to allow a former under-boss from nyc, step over them.
Arcuris carry no weight/balls. All they can contribute, is their contacts in the Montreal area and their loyalty to nyc.
I think, all the parties will have a great deal of explaining to do. If Vito can restore his previous reign, somehow.
Now, unless the Violis in Hamilton factor themselves into the mix. Vito will have to deal with his greedy, opportunistic members and/or retribution from the past.
I'm breaking out my popcorn for this.

Re: The father of rebel Arcuris in Montreal has died [Re: jackbottoxxx] #670160
10/13/12 02:23 PM
10/13/12 02:23 PM
M
Mafialove Offline
Associate
Mafialove  Offline
M
Associate
gotta disagree with you boii, rumor out there is that arcuris got balls of steel but dey just don wan waste they time with low life's like di maulo to control druggie drug trade in Mtl I'm fresh out the pen been hearin a lot of things while servin my time bout them arcuri boys. they only got good things to say bout them let me tell ya, they considered as good boiiis in the pen, but life in the pig pen is different to life in the streets of Mtl. A lot of 2 faces mother fuckas out there. they follow what ever side seems to have more power. These little fires they been tryin to set on their property's are lil pussies trying to lick ass to Vito and get a message to him to say hey welcom back I'm on yo side.

Re: The father of rebel Arcuris in Montreal has died [Re: Mafialove] #670298
10/14/12 11:04 PM
10/14/12 11:04 PM
Montreal
T
Tonymtl Offline
Button
Tonymtl  Offline
T
Button
Montreal
If they got balls of steel than why have they been hiding since August. And to tell me that their hiding is a strategy. I bet they won't even show for their fathers funeral.

Re: The father of rebel Arcuris in Montreal has died [Re: antimafia] #670301
10/15/12 01:10 AM
10/15/12 01:10 AM
M
Mafialove Offline
Associate
Mafialove  Offline
M
Associate
Montreals a mess right now, no body gon convince me that someone's running the show in Mtl. There can be people who be going out day to day who feel it's safe for them to do what they gotta do, but you ain't gonna convince me that they not worryin day 2 day. Back to the arcuri family they ain't to wise if they show up to they father funeral. If they dont show I gotta tip my hat to them and tell em you boys are strong!! Even if they come on out now if you telling me they been hiding since August a lot of things can change in 2months it's to late now they prob ain't got a clue bout what's goin on !

"I didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose me.”
Re: The father of rebel Arcuris in Montreal has died [Re: jackbottoxxx] #670309
10/15/12 02:31 AM
10/15/12 02:31 AM
AntonioRotolo Offline
Button
AntonioRotolo  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: jackbottoxxx
I have a strong feeling, all the groups played a huge role in ousting crucial figures.
Then, they turned on each other.
Montagna became over confident. Thinking, he can fast-track his way to power.
DiMaulo/Desjardins felt it was their opportunity. They were not ready to allow a former under-boss from nyc, step over them.
Arcuris carry no weight/balls. All they can contribute, is their contacts in the Montreal area and their loyalty to nyc.
I think, all the parties will have a great deal of explaining to do. If Vito can restore his previous reign, somehow.
Now, unless the Violis in Hamilton factor themselves into the mix. Vito will have to deal with his greedy, opportunistic members and/or retribution from the past.
I'm breaking out my popcorn for this.

Great post totally agree, I don't think Vito is out for blood just yet though. Feel like he'll bide his time, strike after being out a few years.

Re: The father of rebel Arcuris in Montreal has died [Re: antimafia] #670387
10/15/12 08:44 PM
10/15/12 08:44 PM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
Vito has been boss a long time for a reason. He is not just coming out blasting but he will get some justice eventually i believe.

Re: The father of rebel Arcuris in Montreal has died [Re: Tonymtl] #670435
10/16/12 09:35 AM
10/16/12 09:35 AM
J
jackbottoxxx Offline
Wiseguy
jackbottoxxx  Offline
J
Wiseguy
So far,
I have gathered this bit of information.
The brothers did not attend the funeral.
The Senior who RIP was reported that something fell on him (roofing panel or something), was shaken up until he arrived to the hospital. Then a heart attack hit him and could not recover from it. I guess..... murphy's law???.....

Now... the rumour has it that the brothers are subpoena and cannot show their faces (if they are hiding somewhere and/or are in another country???) and face, being arrested for association with the Rizzuto Family (WTF! is this ItalY!!)and/or have already been detained by police and were not allowed to be seen at the funeral, as the police feared a possible disgraceful attack at the burial ceremonies or shortly, right afterwards.

hmmm... anyone know how to look up; if someone has been subpoena??
Guess you can say, I want to offer the benefit of the doubt rolleyes

Re: The father of rebel Arcuris in Montreal has died [Re: jackbottoxxx] #677223
11/16/12 07:00 PM
11/16/12 07:00 PM
Canada
G
Giordano Offline
Button
Giordano  Offline
G
Button
Canada
http://www.montrealgazette.com/Domenico+...1851/story.html

A Florida medical examiner has declared the death of Domenico Arcuri Sr., a man with past ties to the Rizzuto organization, an accident, but notes “the context is worrisome.”

A report on Arcuri’s death obtained by The Gazette reveals the 79-year-old was on a work site with one of his sons in Florida, on Oct. 8, when the roof of the building they were working on collapsed.

“By report, the decedent was under a roof when the roof collapsed. Although the context of the death is worrisome, the manner of death, at this time, is best classified as accident. Should any probative information pertaining to this case become available, such information may be used to amend this report at that time,” Rebecca MacDougall, Associate Medical Examiner for Broward County, wrote in the report.

Arcuri’s sons, Domenico Jr. and Antonino, have owned construction companies in Montreal for years and a construction firm based in South Florida is registered with the state under their names.

The medical examiner’s report describes how Arcuri Sr. suffered injuries to his head, neck and torso as a result of the collapse and was treated for cardiac arrest before he died. The report does not specify which of Arcuri’s sons was with him when the roof collapsed.

In October, a representative from the medical examiner’s office said it would not comment on Arcuri’s death beyond releasing the report. The “context” referred to as worrisome is an apparent reference to the fact Arcuri’s sons were the targets of serious threats in the weeks leading up to the collapse.

Beginning on Aug. 17, Montreal-area companies owned, or previously owned, by one or both of Arcuri’s sons, were targeted by arsonists. That included three construction companies and, on Sept. 16, a fire was set at the headquarters of Ital Gelati, an Italian ice cream company on Creusot St.

Domenico Arcuri Sr. took control of the ice cream company following the 1978 murder of mob boss Paolo Violi, who owned it previously. At the time, Arcuri Sr. was known to have ties to people loyal to the Rizzuto clan, but he was perceived as having tried to negotiate peace between them and Violi. Violi’s murder has long been considered the key to ushering the Rizzuto organization in as leaders of the Mafia in this city. The elder Arcuri later turned over the company to his sons.

On Oct. 5, reputed mob boss Vito Rizzuto, 66, was released from a penitentiary in Colorado after serving a 10-year prison term for his role in the deaths of three Mafia captains in New York in 1981. He was deported to Canada the same day. His lengthy absence from Montreal, plus the 2006 arrests of other leaders in the organization, apparently weakened its grasp on the Mafia in this city.

Early in 2011, police sources alleged that Domenico Arcuri Jr. was part of a group of five men who tried to generate a consensus over who would fill the void. Being part of that group appears to have been a disastrous choice.

Salvatore Montagna, 40, the more aggressive person in the group, was murdered on Nov. 24, 2011, after he fled from a house in Île Vaudry, just south of the municipality of Charlemagne and next to Repentigny. Raynald Desjardins, 59, another of the men police believed was part of the group, is one of five men currently charged with murdering Montagna.

Desjardin’s brother-in-law, Joseph Di Maulo, 70 — a long-time Mafioso who likely held the most sway among the five in convincing Montreal mobsters to accept a change in leadership — was fatally shot in front of his home in Blainville on Nov. 4.

The fifth man alleged to have been part of the ill-fated group, Antonio (Tony Suzuki) Pietrantonio, 49, was shot, on Dec. 13, 2011, outside a restaurant on Jarry St. E. He suffered injuries that left him in critical condition but survived.

pcherry@montrealgazette.com

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull