GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 103 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,153
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: FaticoWestIslip] #645373
04/29/12 12:03 AM
04/29/12 12:03 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
i am aware of decicco and that plan but its debateable if they even would have killed john if frankie was whacked, remember that info comes from gravano who hated gotti at that point when he wrote that in his book, wiretaps of other gambino soldiers like frankie loc talk about how the soldiers on the street love gotti and that he was always worried they couldnt earn/werent earning enough

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: JCrusher] #645374
04/29/12 12:06 AM
04/29/12 12:06 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: JCrusher
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
actually i am not a fan of any mobster

funny you bring up casso, cause i am very familiar with casso, gotti, massino, basciano, among others. I have his book and have am very well read up on his case.

remember casso was a perpetual liar... i saw those documentaries, i remember al darco saying sammy gravano was scared of them but they could never get gotti cause the media was around around him

They did the smart thing. Why would you attempt to whack a guy when the media is always around him. Also you answered my question sammy was scared of them so that means gotti was scared because sammy was a hitman while gotti was not

obcourse it was smart im not saying it wasnt,

actually sammy on his account only murdered one person (prob bullshit), while gotti had murdered at least one in his career and had the bergin crew who were hitters as well (helped dispose of the Three Bonanno Capos, and killed Willie Boy johnson, etc), gravano carried out orders for hits on behalf of gotti who was the boss

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 04/29/12 12:07 AM.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: Dapper_Don] #645375
04/29/12 12:07 AM
04/29/12 12:07 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
i am aware of decicco and that plan but its debateable if they even would have killed john if frankie was whacked, remember that info comes from gravano who hated gotti at that point when he wrote that in his book, wiretaps of other gambino soldiers like frankie loc talk about how the soldiers on the street love gotti and that he was always worried they couldnt earn/werent earning enough

I've read pretty much every mob book out ther and study mob culture in college. Sure the younger soldiers liked him but many capos didnt like the fact that they had to meet at the Ravenite every week while the FBI was watching. Daniel Marino,Joseph Corraro,and nicky Corozzo were a few of these capos that didnt like that. the guys was a horrible boss and one of the dumber ones i've seen

Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: Dapper_Don] #645376
04/29/12 12:10 AM
04/29/12 12:10 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

funny you bring up casso, cause i am very familiar with casso, gotti, massino, basciano, among others. I have his book and have am very well read up on his case.

remember casso was a perpetual liar... i saw those documentaries, i remember al darco saying sammy gravano was scared of them but they could never get gotti cause the media was around around him

They did the smart thing. Why would you attempt to whack a guy when the media is always around him. Also you answered my question sammy was scared of them so that means gotti was scared because sammy was a hitman while gotti was not

actually sammy on his account only murdered one person (prob bullshit), while gotti had murdered at least one in his career and had the bergin crew who were hitters as well (helped dispose of the Three Bonanno Capos, and killed Willie Boy johnson, etc), gravano carried out orders for hits on behalf of gotti who was the boss

I dont think gotti personally killed anyone. in 1973 he and angelo helped murder mcbratney but Ralph Galione was the shooter. Yes the bergin crew helped bury teh bodies of the 3 bonanno capos in 81. Gravano may have only killed one but he was present and many of these. also willie boy johnson was killed by tommy pitera in 88

Last edited by JCrusher; 04/29/12 12:10 AM.
Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: JCrusher] #645378
04/29/12 12:13 AM
04/29/12 12:13 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

I've read pretty much every mob book out ther and study mob culture in college. Sure the younger soldiers liked him but many capos didnt like the fact that they had to meet at the Ravenite every week while the FBI was watching. Daniel Marino,Joseph Corraro,and nicky Corozzo were a few of these capos that didnt like that. the guys was a horrible boss and one of the dumber ones i've seen

i also studied the mob on my spare time in college and have read countless books/articles

he was a bad boss agreed, but dumb? thats not true. recent colombo turncoats have openly said that gotti instigated the colombo war by supporting orena to wage war against carmine so orena can win and gotti can have the colombos and the bonannos in his pocket at the commission, that is pretty smart on gottis part.

also massino said that he was told by the genovese that gotti planned to whack him out and put vitale in charge of the family to cement any possible dissent massino had.

Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: Dapper_Don] #645380
04/29/12 12:16 AM
04/29/12 12:16 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss

i also studied the mob on my spare time in college and have read countless books/articles

he was a bad boss agreed, but dumb? thats not true. recent colombo turncoats have openly said that gotti instigated the colombo war by supporting orena to wage war against carmine so orena can win and gotti can have the colombos and the bonannos in his pocket at the commission, that is pretty smart on gottis part.

also massino said that he was told by the genovese that gotti planned to whack him out and put vitale in charge of the family to cement any possible dissent massino had.

You misunderstood me. I wasnt talking retarded dumb I meant the fact taht he wasn't careful where he talked and stuff like that. also my favorite quote by Joe Massino is "John put this thing of our back 100 years" that was funny and true

Last edited by JCrusher; 04/29/12 12:18 AM.
Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: JCrusher] #645382
04/29/12 12:25 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

I dont think gotti personally killed anyone. in 1973 he and angelo helped murder mcbratney but Ralph Galione was the shooter. Yes the bergin crew helped bury teh bodies of the 3 bonanno capos in 81. Gravano may have only killed one but he was present and many of these. also willie boy johnson was killed by tommy pitera in 88

yeah, killed by pitera as a favor from massino to gotti. with every old guy turning rat we find out stuff from the past like gotti's involvement in the borrelli killing, so who knows about johns past

Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: JCrusher] #645383
F
FaticoWestIslip Offline OP
Wiseguy
FaticoWestIslip  Offline OP
F
Wiseguy
Gotti didnt retaliate against Casso because he didnt know it was Casso. Casso used a bomb so that Gotti would think it was the zips. A conversation happened after the bombing between Gotti and Sammy the Bull. Bull asked if he thought it was Chin and gotta said he thought it was "some renegade element"

Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: FaticoWestIslip] #645384
04/29/12 12:27 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
gotti was media hungry and that ultimately hurt him and the family which is true, but the FBI at that point was taking down everybody and the heat on the families was very high. All the wiretaps, surveillance, and increasingly better technology was going to take everybody down at some point regardless if gotti made it easier for the feds.

Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: Ivan] #645385
F
Wiseguy
F
Wiseguy
haha the one handed leprechan. is there anywhere we can listen to this?

Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: FaticoWestIslip] #645386
04/29/12 12:29 AM
04/29/12 12:29 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: FaticoWestIslip
Gotti didnt retaliate against Casso because he didnt know it was Casso. Casso used a bomb so that Gotti would think it was the zips. A conversation happened after the bombing between Gotti and Sammy the Bull. Bull asked if he thought it was Chin and gotta said he thought it was "some renegade element"

casso was def a sly fox thats for sure

Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: FaticoWestIslip] #645388
04/29/12 12:40 AM
04/29/12 12:40 AM
F
Wiseguy
F
Wiseguy
I dont think Gotti and Sammy were scared of Vic and Gas. Just because Al D'arco (darco reminds me of nick caramandi for smoe reason)said Sammy was ducking them. Although casso was freakin nuts, so i can see why they would be.

I think that Gotti was not as awful as most people think.. Yes having everyone come to the Ravenite was stupid and he didnt no much about the construction rackets..but the governemtn had a hard on for Gotti ever since he beat those cases and because the media was obsessed with him (once your on time magazine as a gangster, your done). They were going to get him no matter what. I dont think he could have avoided being prosecuted.

Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: FaticoWestIslip] #645389
04/29/12 12:42 AM
04/29/12 12:42 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
I dont think Gotti and Sammy were scared of Vic and Gas. Just because Al D'arco (darco reminds me of nick caramandi for smoe reason)said Sammy was ducking them. Although casso was freakin nuts, so i can see why they would be.

I think that Gotti was not as awful as most people think.. Yes having everyone come to the Ravenite was stupid and he didnt no much about the construction rackets..but the governemtn had a hard on for Gotti ever since he beat those cases and because the media was obsessed with him (once your on time magazine as a gangster, your done). They were going to get him no matter what. I dont think he could have avoided being prosecuted.

My only point that i originally made was that gotti feared certain people. Usually the people he feared were feared by everyone like demeo and casso.

Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: FaticoWestIslip] #645390
04/29/12 12:44 AM
04/29/12 12:44 AM
F
Wiseguy
F
Wiseguy
Hey Dapper,
that quote that says Gotti killed 10 people and demeo 38... do you know who any of them are besides mcbratney? It must have been around 1983 that Gene said that right.

Last edited by FaticoWestIslip; 04/29/12 12:45 AM.
Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: FaticoWestIslip] #645391
04/29/12 12:45 AM
04/29/12 12:45 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Hey Dapper,
that quote that says Gotti killed 10 people and demeo 38... do you know who any of them are besides mcbratney? It must have been around 1983 that Gene said that right.

Yep around 1983, and I dont know who the ten were.

Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: FaticoWestIslip] #645392
04/29/12 12:47 AM
04/29/12 12:47 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Hey Dapper,

Tommy desimone,joseph spione, tony plate,john favara. Although gotti didnt kill them personally they were all ordered. im not sure who else but i think that wiretap took place in 82 since demeo died on january 10 1983 and both gene and angelo were being investigated for trafficking

Last edited by JCrusher; 04/29/12 01:06 AM.
Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: FaticoWestIslip] #645397
04/29/12 02:50 AM
04/29/12 02:50 AM
M
MurderMachine Offline
Associate
MurderMachine  Offline
M
Associate
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Gambino's most relliable killers of the 70's and 80s in John and Carmine Carneglia. John was definately the main player between the two but was convicted along with Gene Gotti for drug trafficking and Carmine was the most efficient killer for Gotti.

Last edited by MurderMachine; 04/29/12 02:51 AM.
Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: Dapper_Don] #645398
04/29/12 03:05 AM
04/29/12 03:05 AM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
then why do you post so much on mafia message boards? admit it...we all are a lil deep down...

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: phatmatress] #645400
04/29/12 03:13 AM
04/29/12 03:13 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: phatmatress
then why do you post so much on mafia message boards? admit it...we all are a lil deep down...

just interested in the lifestyle

Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: Dapper_Don] #645410
04/29/12 10:14 AM
04/29/12 10:14 AM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa

what sparks your interest so much then? your one to denounce gangsters but post about them 24/7

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: phatmatress] #645411
04/29/12 10:27 AM
04/29/12 10:27 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)

what sparks your interest so much then? your one to denounce gangsters but post about them 24/7

Having an interest in something, is not the same as being a fan of it.

[Linked Image]
Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: JCrusher] #645413
04/29/12 12:16 PM
04/29/12 12:16 PM
F
Wiseguy
F
Wiseguy
jc,
Interesting.. to me Gotti wasnt really that great of a criminal. (and apparently a brutal gambler. haha)I remember he said "best I did was go on a few hijackings". And he was arrested for at least one of the hijackings..I dont think he killed anyone with his own hands. (do we know of anyone?) Although I do think he was a natural born leader of men.

Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: FaticoWestIslip] #645416
04/29/12 01:24 PM
04/29/12 01:24 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Fatico you are absoluetly right about gotti's gambling. Gotti's gambling was so bad that it really damaged the bergin crews profits. This is the main reason why gene,angelo, and john carneglia had to resort to drug trafficing. One of my favorite lines from Angelo was him telling Gene about "his brother that his mother shit out" lol. Now i dont claim to know everything for sure but from what i have researched gotti wasnt a guy who would go our on hits. Mcbratney was the only one and he wasnt even the shooter.

Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: phatmatress] #645426
04/29/12 02:59 PM
04/29/12 02:59 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

24/7? i dont know about that.The whole "secret society" mantra, how the life has slowly decayed over the years due to lack of quality recruits, law enforcement pressure, and cooperators. And how the current crop of wiseguys manages to stay out of jail, how they operate, etc.

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 04/29/12 02:59 PM.

Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: FaticoWestIslip] #645427
04/29/12 03:01 PM
04/29/12 03:01 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
jc,
Interesting.. to me Gotti wasnt really that great of a criminal. (and apparently a brutal gambler. haha)I remember he said "best I did was go on a few hijackings". And he was arrested for at least one of the hijackings..I dont think he killed anyone with his own hands. (do we know of anyone?) Although I do think he was a natural born leader of men.

Your right about being a leader. Gotti was a big Machiavelli buff. He read the prince during his early year in the can and would always quote passages from it to other wiseguys.

Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: Dapper_Don] #645428
04/29/12 03:14 PM
04/29/12 03:14 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
jc,

Your right about being a leader. Gotti was a big Machiavelli buff. He read the prince during his early year in the can and would always quote passages from it to other wiseguys.

Well Carlo was actually the big Machiavelli buff. Gotti did try to read Machiavelli but he wasn't exctly the smartest guy in the world lol. But there is a difference between having soldiers look up to you and being a good leader in my opinion. Sure people like gotti as a tough guy but im sure most of the higher ranking members didnt like the way he conducted buisness with the FBi always there

Last edited by JCrusher; 04/29/12 03:14 PM.
Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: JCrusher] #645429
04/29/12 03:22 PM
04/29/12 03:22 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
jc,

Well Carlo was actually the big Machiavelli buff. Gotti did try to read Machiavelli but he wasn't exctly the smartest guy in the world lol. But there is a difference between having soldiers look up to you and being a good leader in my opinion. Sure people like gotti as a tough guy but im sure most of the higher ranking members didnt like the way he conducted buisness with the FBi always there

"A student of Niccolo Machiavelli, the Italian philosopher, Gambino had a habit of quoting from “The Prince.” Later while in prison, Gotti would also study the writings of Machiavelli, to the point where he could quote whole parables. Gotti strutted proudly in front of the Bergin crew as he relayed orders from the revered family boss."

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/gangsters_outlaws/mob_bosses/gotti/up_4.html

"When the Gambino capos met again before the end of the year, John Gotti was formally elected boss of the family. Fist co-conspirator Frank DeCicco made his nomination.

As a student of Machiavelli, Gotti had a good sense of who in his organization to put into positions of power. DeCicco became his under boss and he made Angelo head of the Bergin crew. Sammy officially took over all of Toddo's operations. Sammy was a very powerful man, but he preferred to remain a shadowy background figure, while Gotti and DeCicco visibly ran the show. Joseph Armone, the elderly capo who had become a member of the Fist, was given new sources of income. And consigliere Joe Gallo remained in his position under Gotti as he had under Paul Castellano.

Most importantly, Gotti understood the value of public relations. Unlike his predecessor and some of the other family bosses, Gotti realized that favorable publicity would enhance his standing with other Cosa Nostra families, with the members of his own family, and, very importantly, with potential jurors and witnesses. By charming the media, he was able to create a public image of himself as a legendary, almost heroic rogue. Yes, he was a gangster. That could not be denied. But to the public he was a popular and likeable guy -- the way Al Capone was revered on the streets of Chicago in 1930. Gotti was very media astute, a fact which confounded his enemies in law enforcement."

http://www.dark-horse.co.uk/john/johnpower.htm

None of these guys including Gambino were smart guys in the traditional sense (college, etc) but they held their own in their world.

Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: Dapper_Don] #645434
04/29/12 03:29 PM
04/29/12 03:29 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
[quote=FaticoWestIslip]jc,

"A student of Niccolo Machiavelli, the Italian philosopher, Gambino had a habit of quoting from “The Prince.” Later while in prison, Gotti would also study the writings of Machiavelli, to the point where he could quote whole parables. Gotti strutted proudly in front of the Bergin crew as he relayed orders from the revered family boss."

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/gangsters_outlaws/mob_bosses/gotti/up_4.html

"When the Gambino capos met again before the end of the year, John Gotti was formally elected boss of the family. Fist co-conspirator Frank DeCicco made his nomination.

As a student of Machiavelli, Gotti had a good sense of who in his organization to put into positions of power. DeCicco became his under boss and he made Angelo head of the Bergin crew. Sammy officially took over all of Toddo's operations. Sammy was a very powerful man, but he preferred to remain a shadowy background figure, while Gotti and DeCicco visibly ran the show. Joseph Armone, the elderly capo who had become a member of the Fist, was given new sources of income. And consigliere Joe Gallo remained in his position under Gotti as he had under Paul Castellano.

Most importantly, Gotti understood the value of public relations. Unlike his predecessor and some of the other family bosses, Gotti realized that favorable publicity would enhance his standing with other Cosa Nostra families, with the members of his own family, and, very importantly, with potential jurors and witnesses. By charming the media, he was able to create a public image of himself as a legendary, almost heroic rogue. Yes, he was a gangster. That could not be denied. But to the public he was a popular and likeable guy -- the way Al Capone was revered on the streets of Chicago in 1930. Gotti was very media astute, a fact which confounded his enemies in law enforcement."

http://www.dark-horse.co.uk/john/johnpower.htm

None of these guys including Gambino were smart guys in the traditional sense (college, etc) but they held their own in their world.

I read about it in Gotti rise and fall. im just going by what i've heard. i mean Joe coffey who was apart of the task force called him a moron and he was the one listening to the wiretaps. also Agent gabriel said that when gotti took over he didnt kknow who controlled what industreis or even soldiers in other guys crews

Last edited by JCrusher; 04/29/12 03:31 PM.
Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: FaticoWestIslip] #645436
04/29/12 03:34 PM
04/29/12 03:34 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
^^^obcourse he wouldnt know what guys controlled what industries, the gambinos had over 200 soldiers and john was a capo of one crew. remember many of the agents were jealous of gotti cause he kept sticking it to them by beating them in court, etc.

Re: Gotti, Demeo, Massino, Sonny Black - on one hit [Re: Dapper_Don] #645437
04/29/12 03:40 PM
04/29/12 03:40 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
^^^obcourse he wouldnt know what guys controlled what industries, the gambinos had over 200 soldiers and john was a capo of one crew. remember many of the agents were jealous of gotti cause he kept sticking it to them by beating them in court, etc.

Im just trying to be honest I mean i dont have any biased toward other mobsters i think they are all bad people. But I cant call someone brilliant or the best mob boss when that clearly wasn't the case

Last edited by JCrusher; 04/29/12 03:49 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull