GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 96 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 64 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 63 64
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: J Geoff] #684086
12/18/12 02:17 AM
12/18/12 02:17 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Daniel Day-Lewis offered "one of the most lucrative deals in TV history" to play Cornelius Vanderbilt in NBC series

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/inde...ry-3327570.html

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #684111
12/18/12 06:27 AM
12/18/12 06:27 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Watched something i taped last night THE DARK CHARISMA OF ADOLF HITLER.

Wow, what a twisted sucker he was, but how the Germans fell for him. Even towards the nd of the war when they were getting the shit kicked out of them they still believed in him. And his henchmen?? The creepy Himmler, the downright spooky Goebbels, and the buffoonish idiot Goring!!!!

Gripping TV, if a somewhat disturbing subject!!

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: J Geoff] #684289
12/18/12 09:34 PM
12/18/12 09:34 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Yogi, we have a friend who lived in London during WWII when he was a little boy. After a few pints, he has been known to break out into the following ditty that he was taught during the war:

(to the tune of the Colonel Bogey March)
Hitler, he's only got one ball,
Goring, has two, but very small
Himmler, has something sim'lar,
but poor old Goebbels
has no balls
at all!

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: Sicilian Babe] #684379
12/19/12 09:46 AM
12/19/12 09:46 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Babe, we used to sing that when we were kids as well, back in the 70's. My kids don't know the song today though. We must have finally forgiven them whistle shhh

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: J Geoff] #684728
12/21/12 12:53 AM
12/21/12 12:53 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
I happened to Netflix the other day the George C. Scott version of 'A Christmas Carol', and of all the countless movies made of that story, that's probably my favorite one.

Why? I suppose I like the stab at mood and atmosphere in the 3rd act when indeed that possible dystopic future is haunted by death and hopelessness. I believe Scott doesn't ham it up as evil Scrooge but instead a more self-aware sense of classyness, which makes him an even bigger dick IMO. Scott facially is able to internalize the conflicting well-buried demons arisen within him.

But maybe most of all, unlike most versions, it doesn't castrate or neuter the political activism of the Dickens book. He wrote it originally as propaganda to shame the rich, the government, and society to quit being so apathetic about the poor and horrendous living conditions for the working class in mid-19th century England. Dickens was furious and hoped his story would be more effective than the political pamphlet he originally was going to pen.

Of course which version people prefer, it probably depends on which one they're most familiar with. The Muppets? Albert Finney? Mickey Mouse? Patrick Stewart? Jim Carrey? Bill Murray?

(speaking of SCROOGED, I would also add Black Adder's pisser parody of the story which you can watch on Netflix Instant.)

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: J Geoff] #684846
12/22/12 01:10 AM
12/22/12 01:10 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Of the many movies coming out this weekend or next week, I caught Tom Cruise's JACK REACHER earlier today. Decent, I kinda enjoyed it. A cheeseburger/airport novel of a movie that you get involved with, but it fades quickly afterwards. But as a murder mystery which I must admit engaged me, mixed with a crowd pleasing vigilante fantasy with my screening audience responding to the action and one-liners. In one regard it's the sort of movie Clint Eastwood used to crank out regularly for decades.

My favorite scene, as silly as it was, was when Robert Duvall refuses to answer any questions for Cruise. Unless he hits a target 3 times at his shooting range. Ridiculous, yet I like that level of earned respect from proving yourself. I'll also commend the very effective car chase sequence, which never deploys the evil shakey cam post-action camera work that most action films use by default anymore.

A little long though, a false step ending more befitting for a comic book movie, a nonsensical conclusion in the aftermath of the mayhem and carnage (at least for me), and one line that's obviously unintentionally hilarious because of Cruise's delivery ("I'll drink all your blood through a boot!"). But otherwise yeah I guess I would recommend this.

But walk, don't run, to go see it. You don't need this movie in your life, nor would you miss it if you never catch it. It's like that next hot dog your heart doesn't need but you'll stuff your face with anyway.

I give this Three and half evil Werner Herzogs out of 5.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 12/22/12 01:14 AM.
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #684937
12/22/12 12:13 PM
12/22/12 12:13 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
The previews of the movie don't look bad but I am not sure what it is about. confused

I've never necessarily been a Cruise fan, but, not very long ago, caught a Cruise movie, "Collateral" (Not to be confused with the Arnold movie), with Jamie Fox which I enjoyed and I think the first Mission Impossible was pretty good.

smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #684953
12/22/12 01:09 PM
12/22/12 01:09 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
The previews of the movie don't look bad but I am not sure what it is about. confused

I've never necessarily been a Cruise fan, but, not very long ago, caught a Cruise movie, "Collateral" (Not to be confused with the Arnold movie), with Jamie Fox which I enjoyed and I think the first Mission Impossible was pretty good.

smile

TIS
I am not a a Cruise fan either, but the film was made in Pittsburgh, so I'll watch it whenit comes to HBO.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: J Geoff] #685232
12/24/12 07:28 AM
12/24/12 07:28 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I am curiously looking forward to Django Unchained. The writer Steve Barnes liked it.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: Lilo] #685255
12/24/12 12:00 PM
12/24/12 12:00 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Lilo
I am curiously looking forward to Django Unchained. The writer Steve Barnes liked it.

I really liked what he wrote there.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: J Geoff] #685284
12/24/12 03:06 PM
12/24/12 03:06 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Has anyone been watching Roots on BET? I haven't watched it since its premier in 1977. Do ya'll remember how big it was? People were rushing ome towatch it. I believe it was the first miniseries and it spawned a whole bunch of such series.

I thought it would have been rebroadcast more often than it has been. I guess its length has mitigated that.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: J Geoff] #685430
12/26/12 02:39 AM
12/26/12 02:39 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
FBI investigated 'It's A Wonderful Life' as communist propaganda

http://www.wisebread.com/fbi-considered-its-a-wonderful-life-communist-propaganda#memo1

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: J Geoff] #685570
12/27/12 06:13 AM
12/27/12 06:13 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Caught the RED DAWN remake at the dollar theatre, and oh boy. This is one of those movies you might have low expectations going into, and it still finds a way to fall short of them.

The original RED DAWN was flawed and at times unintentionally cheesy, but at least as a TWILIGHT ZONE fantasy I found it compelling as a 'what if' where small town USA is military occupied by a foreign power. Remember in such a comic book fantasy, realism isn't as important as believability. I mean Batman is ridiculous, but you never realize that if you accept this movie reality.

But this remake bypasses anything remotely anecdotally interesting in favor of mindless action. Worse it's not even compelling, thrilling mindless action, but the shakey cam post-action kind where you're unaware most of the time what the hell is going on. Would you be surprised this was helmed by a 2nd unit director who worked on QUANTUM OF SOLACE and the Paul Greengrass-helmed BOURNE sequels?

Yes this remake will invite a positive re-evaluation of the John Milius-directed original. North Koreans, the Prince of 3rd world dictatorships, can't feed themselves or do anything militarily except deter a foreign invasion, yet they can attack the American Pacific Northwest and maintain a stable foothold. (To be fair the movie originally was produced with Chinese as the invaders. But Beijing, and it's lucrative box-office for Hollywood, complained and post-production digital magic transformed them into North Koreans.)

Why do the Russians invade too? I get back in the Cold War us being ideological foes fighting to the death, but the corrupt oligarchal faux-republic Russia? Where's their profit in this endgame? Why does this remake make less sense than the original, never exactly respected for any sense of realism?

This movie is lucky that both Chris Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson did this movie 3 years ago (locked up until very recently due to MGM's financial troubles) when they were still relative nobodies for this movie would've (and deserved to) bomb in theatres even more.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: J Geoff] #685580
12/27/12 12:18 PM
12/27/12 12:18 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I watched a movie from 1962, PANIC IN THE YEAR ZERO, starring Ray Milland aand Frankie Avalon. It was kind of cornball by today's standards, but I couldn't pull myself away. It was about an all-American family taking a fishing/nature trip in the mountains when Los Angeles and other cities around the world were destroyed in a nuclear attack. The movie dealt with the struggle for survival with people turning violent and selfish. I imagine it has a bit of a cult following.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: J Geoff] #686190
12/29/12 10:55 PM
12/29/12 10:55 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Here you'll find a list of canceled/renewed TV programs. Can you believe that, once again, Kelsey Grammar's show has been canceled? I don't believe he's had a hit since Frasier.

http://tv.msn.com/canceled-or-renewed/photo-gallery/?photoidx=20

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: olivant] #686191
12/29/12 11:16 PM
12/29/12 11:16 PM
California

California
Thanks for the renews/cancel list SB. Seems like more are cancelled than renewed. Anyway, no real favorites for me. I did watch 666 Park Ave. a couple times and didn't mind it. I was going to watch "Made In Jersey" tonight, I see two episodes are on. Don't know if I'll bother getting into it if it's going. blush

Btw Oli, you probably already know but I heard that Dallas will be having an episode including a funeral for JR. Maybe they already had it, I don't know. confused

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: olivant] #686193
12/29/12 11:26 PM
12/29/12 11:26 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: olivant
Here you'll find a list of canceled/renewed TV programs. Can you believe that, once again, Kelsey Grammar's show has been canceled? I don't believe he's had a hit since Frasier.

Did kelsey win best actor at the golden globes for this show last year? But, yea not a lot of surprises. I wish they would cancel xfactor (really tired of the judges going/leaving every year) and of the animated series (the simpsons I am fine with, but everything else has to die now).

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: BAM_233] #686194
12/29/12 11:33 PM
12/29/12 11:33 PM
California

California
Sometimes I don't think they give some shows enough time for people to watch and form an opinion. I did watch Fairly Legal a couple times. It was ok, but I see it's cancelled too. Fortunately for ME, none of my favorites or any that I regularly watch in the cancelled list.

Simpson has been on forever. It IS funny tho I really don't watch it much (hardly ever actually).

smile

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 12/29/12 11:45 PM.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #686199
12/29/12 11:49 PM
12/29/12 11:49 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
TIS, Dallas starts Jan 28 I think. I heard about the funeral thing, but am not sure. I just don't know if I'll be that interested in it without JR. He was the epitome of duplicitousness.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: olivant] #686211
12/30/12 12:13 AM
12/30/12 12:13 AM
California

California
TIS, Dallas starts Jan 28 I think. I heard about the funeral thing, but am not sure. I just don't know if I'll be that interested in it without JR. He was the epitome of duplicitousness.

I understand how you feel Oli. Dallas without JR may leave the show pretty "empty." Still, it's a nice gesture on the part of cast/crew. It sounds like he was beloved by all. Then again, Dallas without JR Ewing? uhwhat

TIS

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: J Geoff] #686227
12/30/12 02:46 AM
12/30/12 02:46 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Caught WRECK-IT RALPH at the dollar theatre this week, which was a very pleasant surprise. Much much better than I was expecting to be frankly honest. A friend of mine described this Disney animated production as a Pixar film that Pixar didn't produce and I agree. Carries their trademark of usually successful quota of humor, heart, high energy, stunning brilliant detailed imaginative CGI animation, and decently executing an intriguing concept. In fact this was a better 'Pixar movie' than the one Pixar released (BRAVE) this year.

Basically a reworking of TOY STORY except instead of toys coming alive, it's video game characters at an arcade which like WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT also gives an excuse for countless cameos by real video game characters from throughout the decades. (Glaring absence though is a certain Italian Plumber who loves mushrooms.) A Donkey Kong-type villain from an early 1980s 8-bit arcade game is tired of his gig (and being treated like shit by his co-workers) and decides to leave his game and become a hero somewhere else, mayhem ensues. I was particularly charmed when a character from a game produced from a more innocent time has to fend for himself in a HALO-esque mindlessly violent first-person shooter.

It's possibly the first American cartoon movie I've seen since Pixar's THE INCREDIBLES which afterwards I really would want to return to this universe and see what is beyond that rinky a dink arcade. (I suppose PC games, online gaming, and console systems of course.) And if the trade reports are correct, a sequel is happening.

I give this 4 out of 5.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 12/30/12 02:47 AM.
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: olivant] #686233
12/30/12 04:00 AM
12/30/12 04:00 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai

Man, I loved Boss. I was actually looking forward to it. The only respectable show on Starz. ohwell This must have been on HBO, it would've picked up more audience.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: afsaneh77] #686283
12/30/12 04:18 PM
12/30/12 04:18 PM
California

California
Does anyone here watch the SYfY show "Being Human." A new season starts next month but as usual with these cable shows, it's been months & months since it was on. Anyway, not a bad show. They are showing one episode now that I know I saw but geez, it's been so long I can't remember specifics. confused

Btw, there is also a UK version which airs on the BBC (I believe.) Same story,for the most part; same characters but different names. Both are good

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 12/30/12 04:19 PM.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: J Geoff] #686375
12/30/12 11:05 PM
12/30/12 11:05 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Here it is, then: Capo's 2012 in review, with a ranked Top 18, plus all other releases/premieres rated, performances of note and the entire year's viewing tally.

Happy New Year!

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #686377
12/30/12 11:10 PM
12/30/12 11:10 PM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
Here it is, then: Capo's 2012 in review, with a ranked Top 18, plus all other releases/premieres rated, performances of note and the entire year's viewing tally.

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year nice to see a guy who has creditably to rate movies unlike the Rocket

Last edited by DickNose_Moltasanti; 12/30/12 11:11 PM.

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: J Geoff] #686379
12/30/12 11:12 PM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Anyone who wants a good laugh I suggest you rent the movie TED!

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #686380
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

Happy New Year!

Magic Mike..really? LMAO

Let me "X" out of that tab now lol

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: DickNose_Moltasanti] #686382
12/30/12 11:13 PM
12/30/12 11:13 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Thats the next movie to watch on my list

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: Dapper_Don] #686415
12/31/12 05:40 AM
12/31/12 05:40 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

Happy New Year nice to see a guy who has creditably to rate movies unlike the Rocket

I give your bottle of whine 1 star out of 5.

Want my star rating on that? lol

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

Magic Mike..really? LMAO

Let me "X" out of that tab now lol

Capo has great taste in film. I would trust any recommendation he would make.

Re: Movies/TV Random Post Whoring (2012) [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #686416
12/31/12 05:43 AM
12/31/12 05:43 AM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee

Happy New Year!

I feel vindicated that you also liked JACK REACHER, which came off to me as a Clint Eastwood movie without Clint Eastwood.

All good work, son. Keep up your strive for excellence.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 12/31/12 05:44 AM.
Page 30 of 64 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 63 64

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull