GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 155 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,203
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: Mussolini14] #633654
02/07/12 09:48 PM
02/07/12 09:48 PM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Mussolini14
Originally Posted By: JasonAnthony74
Originally Posted By: m2w
Quote:
It makes you feel better to think that the glorious LCN is still the top dog in the criminal underworld? I bet you have a John Gotti poster hanging on your bedroom wall!

yes they are still in new york and a couple of other cities, if you think they are not the top dogs in new york youre talking out of your ass no matter you live there and me not
of course they are much less strong than they used to be in the past but being the biggest priority in some areas it means they are the strongest there i don't think fbi would be so interested in going after them if they were a bunch of nobody like you claim

Yes, in New York LCN is still strong. New York is one of the last areas where LCN is a big force. But they've lost a lot of strength and influence, partly due to law enforcement crackdowns and partly because of the shifting demographics and emergence of other ethnic criminal groups. I never said they were a nobody; I said they are not the top criminal force anymore. If the mob was so big and bad, they would own and run all the major moneymaking rackets and share profits with nobody. But it's not like that. The LCN has to work with other groups; or, on a smaller scale, focus on small gambling and loansharking operations within their own boroughs.

Small gambling and loansharking? Some families run huge operations, the biggest in the country and the laws are tougher on all syndicates now days, not just the mafia. Look at the gang stats posted by NickyScarfo- Gangs were at there peak in the early-mid 90's and have declined steadily. It much harder for all criminals now day and I don't know why you people are acting as though the cops and prosecutors only use new laws, new forensics and other new technology ect on the mafia and when it comes to other criminals they are only use 1950's technology and procedures.
Also the mafia has always worked with others so your comment that they are now forced to work with other groups because they are so weak is moot. I guess your not up on your mob history or you would know that's exactly why Lucky Luciano killed his boss, because his boss didn't want to work with other ethnics.

Wrong! Luciano wanted to work with other ethnic groups because it was the best way to maximize profits. That was then. Today, La Cosa Nostra is forced to work with others as a way to "stay in the game" so to speak. There are too many emerging crime competitors for LCN to have a monopoly. They have to work with others mainly because LCN is no longer the absolute top dog. IF they were the top dog, they could get away with dictating to other groups and basically using other groups to do their dirty work. But nowadays, many other groups work as equals with LCN, not just as lackeys, runners, and hired muscle, but as equal competitors.

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: botz] #633655
02/07/12 10:01 PM
02/07/12 10:01 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Quote:
They have to work with others mainly because LCN is no longer the absolute top dog. IF they were the top dog, they could get away with dictating to other groups and basically using other groups to do their dirty work.

cos nostra is involved in tons of fields with virtually no competitors, the only field where there are competitors is the drug traffick
i think the mafia let this field a bit down coz in the states the sentences for this crime are too high not because of other competitors, people could get even 40 years there for drug it's not so worth, its not like italy where you take 7 years at most

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: botz] #633656
02/07/12 10:03 PM
02/07/12 10:03 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Quote:
The New York Mob is slowly going the way of the Mickey Mouse Mafia (Los Angeles family): bye-bye. Law enforcement success combined with stoolies in their own ranks have severely decimated the once-powerful Cosa Nostra

i understand youre talking totally out of your ass lol

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: botz] #633672
02/08/12 01:34 AM
02/08/12 01:34 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

While I don't want to get into this pissing match, a few things...

Originally Posted By: "JasonAnthony74"
Exactly. The Mafia (LCN) still has this reputation in a lot of people's minds as being this all-powerful and unrivaled criminal group that makes every other criminal group run scared. In many guys minds, a made man can walk on water. I mean, I don't worship criminals or extoll the virtues of any criminal group, but to me, the facts are clear: The American Mafia has not been the top criminal group in the USA for a long time. There's way too much competition. Changing demographics played a huge role. LCN lost its influence in the prisons, too. Lewisburg no longer has a Mafia Row. Nowadays, LCN members in the can have to use other ethnic groups for protection.

Getting into who is most powerful is oldest and most futile of discussions on these OC forums. It can depend on any number of factors and which ones you choose to use. So I take it all with a grain of salt. And that includes the recent articles below which still put the Mafia at the top. In my view, while there are strong arguments that could be made for the LCN still being the top criminal organization in the greater New York area, that obviously can't be said in the rest of the country where it just doesn't have the same presence.

http://articles.cnn.com/2008-07-16/justice/fbi.mob_1_traditional-mob-joseph-massino-crime-groups?_s=PM:CRIME

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/item_Sg70KTTLwQcQykvdx9ftrI

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704115404576096392318489246.html

Yes, in New York LCN is still strong. New York is one of the last areas where LCN is a big force. But they've lost a lot of strength and influence, partly due to law enforcement crackdowns and partly because of the shifting demographics and emergence of other ethnic criminal groups. I never said they were a nobody; I said they are not the top criminal force anymore. If the mob was so big and bad, they would own and run all the major moneymaking rackets and share profits with nobody. But it's not like that. The LCN has to work with other groups; or, on a smaller scale, focus on small gambling and loansharking operations within their own boroughs.

Changing demographics have certainly been a big part of it, though more on the Italian end than on emerging ethnic groups. Italian-Americans entering the mainstream has led to the general attrition, in both quantity and quality, of the Mafia. This, along with law enforcement, has had a much bigger impact than that of rival crime groups.

Furthermore, except for the drug trade, it's a stretch to say that the mob "has" to work with other crime groups. Like the old days, it more often than not chooses to for mutual profit. And one thing that still differentiates the New York families from other groups in the city is that the Italians are not as geographically confined in terms of ethnic neighborhoods. That's probably been the one upside for the mob in being Americanized.

Wrong! Luciano wanted to work with other ethnic groups because it was the best way to maximize profits. That was then. Today, La Cosa Nostra is forced to work with others as a way to "stay in the game" so to speak. There are too many emerging crime competitors for LCN to have a monopoly. They have to work with others mainly because LCN is no longer the absolute top dog. IF they were the top dog, they could get away with dictating to other groups and basically using other groups to do their dirty work. But nowadays, many other groups work as equals with LCN, not just as lackeys, runners, and hired muscle, but as equal competitors.

Again, with the drug trade, this is often true. But where it still maintains a significant presence, especially New York, the mob has been able to keep control of it's staple rackets like gambling and loansharking (which bring in millions over all). And, while the mob may partner with Russians in a stock scam or use Albanians as muscle for robberies or collections, it's not like it needs help from other groups to make a sweetheart contract between a developer and a mobbed up union or run their sports betting operations.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: Scorsese] #633674
02/08/12 01:40 AM
02/08/12 01:40 AM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
Originally Posted By: Scorsese
people can agree to disagree about the albanians. When it comes to things like gambling and labour rackets and their history then yeah they are a cut above the rest. But what im saying is on the street in this day and age when it comes down to it they are on the same level as most other groups. No one needs to really go to them for anything and no one needs to work with them.

Mussolini, the five families are a domestic american syndicate. Very few of them are connected to sicilian gangsters in sicily.

I beg to differ. The Genovese, Gambino's and Bonnano's have strong ties to Sicily. So if you consider 60% to be very few then I guess you are correct.

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: JasonAnthony74] #633676
02/08/12 01:51 AM
02/08/12 01:51 AM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario
The worship of Italian-American mobsters is alive and well I see......

I think you are just butt hurt because you are not Italian but grew up with many Italians and were always jealous of them because they could relate to the movies and TV shows and you couldn't. So deep down what you are really saying with comments like "street gangs are more powerful " and "no one fears the mafia anymore" is " I'm superior to those Italian guys who picked on me when I was younger" and trying to convince yourself that "I'm not intimidated anymore by the Italian bullies who picked on me when I was younger"

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: JasonAnthony74] #633678
02/08/12 01:56 AM
02/08/12 01:56 AM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario

yes they are still in new york and a couple of other cities, if you think they are not the top dogs in new york youre talking out of your ass no matter you live there and me not
of course they are much less strong than they used to be in the past but being the biggest priority in some areas it means they are the strongest there i don't think fbi would be so interested in going after them if they were a bunch of nobody like you claim [/quote]

Yes, in New York LCN is still strong. New York is one of the last areas where LCN is a big force. But they've lost a lot of strength and influence, partly due to law enforcement crackdowns and partly because of the shifting demographics and emergence of other ethnic criminal groups. I never said they were a nobody; I said they are not the top criminal force anymore. If the mob was so big and bad, they would own and run all the major moneymaking rackets and share profits with nobody. But it's not like that. The LCN has to work with other groups; or, on a smaller scale, focus on small gambling and loansharking operations within their own boroughs. [/quote]

Small gambling and loansharking? Some families run huge operations, the biggest in the country and the laws are tougher on all syndicates now days, not just the mafia. Look at the gang stats posted by NickyScarfo- Gangs were at there peak in the early-mid 90's and have declined steadily. It much harder for all criminals now day and I don't know why you people are acting as though the cops and prosecutors only use new laws, new forensics and other new technology ect on the mafia and when it comes to other criminals they are only use 1950's technology and procedures.
Also the mafia has always worked with others so your comment that they are now forced to work with other groups because they are so weak is moot. I guess your not up on your mob history or you would know that's exactly why Lucky Luciano killed his boss, because his boss didn't want to work with other ethnics. [/quote]

Wrong! Luciano wanted to work with other ethnic groups because it was the best way to maximize profits. That was then. Today, La Cosa Nostra is forced to work with others as a way to "stay in the game" so to speak. There are too many emerging crime competitors for LCN to have a monopoly. They have to work with others mainly because LCN is no longer the absolute top dog. IF they were the top dog, they could get away with dictating to other groups and basically using other groups to do their dirty work. But nowadays, many other groups work as equals with LCN, not just as lackeys, runners, and hired muscle, but as equal competitors. [/quote]

Actually I'm right. Give me one example where the mob was "forced" to work with another ethnic group.

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: Mussolini14] #633780
02/08/12 03:52 PM
02/08/12 03:52 PM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member

I think you are just butt hurt because you are not Italian but grew up with many Italians and were always jealous of them because they could relate to the movies and TV shows and you couldn't. So deep down what you are really saying with comments like "street gangs are more powerful " and "no one fears the mafia anymore" is " I'm superior to those Italian guys who picked on me when I was younger" and trying to convince yourself that "I'm not intimidated anymore by the Italian bullies who picked on me when I was younger"

I grew up in Southern California; I don't think I ever came across an Italian. Now, Asians and Latinos are another story.

But back to you. You obviously have this romantic vision of the Mafia as being some sort of noble, honorable organization to be worshipped and fascinated by. That's your perogative to think that way of course, but you are about as deluded as they come. You sound like a elementary school kid arguing with his best friend over which super hero is more powerful, but in your case, your super hero is The Mafia!
You must either not be Italian and therefore not qualified to be in the mafia, or maybe you are Italian but don't have the wherewithal (and the anti-social tendencies) to be a made mafia member. Either way you have some sort of deep-seated fascination with the mob. Alas, to each his own!

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: botz] #633786
02/08/12 04:02 PM
02/08/12 04:02 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Quote:
I grew up in Southern California

and you obvioulsy know nothing about mafia and east coast you talk from the heart of street gangs...
you compared the losangeles family with the new york one lmao

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: m2w] #633790
02/08/12 04:07 PM
02/08/12 04:07 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Come on, guys rolleyes.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: pizzaboy] #633791
02/08/12 04:12 PM
02/08/12 04:12 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
i think this topics gone a bit off track.

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: botz] #633793
02/08/12 04:15 PM
02/08/12 04:15 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
its been like this forever. m2w always just sucks me into an argument. i cant resist smile

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: Five_Felonies] #633801
02/08/12 04:46 PM
02/08/12 04:46 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
five felonies this arguments moved onto the ny gang territory thread.

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: m2w] #633854
02/08/12 08:18 PM
02/08/12 08:18 PM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member
Quote:
I grew up in Southern California

and you obvioulsy know nothing about mafia and east coast you talk from the heart of street gangs...
you compared the losangeles family with the new york one lmao

I said New York Mafia was going the way of the Los Angeles Mafia. I didn't compare the two. Just the end result. Learn to read more critically. Take you time, slow down, and try to ingest what you read.

And, you don't have to grow up in or live in New York to know a lot about the New York LCN.

You can do research from anywhere; you can read from anywhere.

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: botz] #633856
02/08/12 08:27 PM
02/08/12 08:27 PM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
The West Coast's last mob bust was like '88-'92. And '92 was when those guys were sentenced, tying up legal system with excellent attorneys.

It will be decades before the NY mob is even remotely resembling the L.A. mob, which is defunct I might add.

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: Nicholas] #633865
02/08/12 09:23 PM
02/08/12 09:23 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Nicholas
The West Coast's last mob bust was like '88-'92. And '92 was when those guys were sentenced, tying up legal system with excellent attorneys.

It will be decades before the NY mob is even remotely resembling the L.A. mob, which is defunct I might add.

The last significant case involving anyone from the LA mob was when Bobby Panaro (who was actually from Buffalo), Steve Cino, and others were indicted for the Herbie Blitzstein murder in Las Vegas in 1997. Jimmy Caci was busted a few years after that for conspiracy involving counterfeit traveler's checks.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 02/08/12 09:23 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: IvyLeague] #633900
02/09/12 12:56 AM
02/09/12 12:56 AM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Forgot about Blitzstein.

I read a really good article in a British magazine about an undercover Fed who worked with the Vegas mob, well whatever remenants of it in the late 90's around Blitzstein's death,
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2003/nov/01/weekend.clarelongrigg

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: Nicholas] #633905
02/09/12 02:12 AM
02/09/12 02:12 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Nicholas
Forgot about Blitzstein.

I read a really good article in a British magazine about an undercover Fed who worked with the Vegas mob, well whatever remenants of it in the late 90's around Blitzstein's death,
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2003/nov/01/weekend.clarelongrigg

Yeah, I believe that was part of "Operation Thin Crust" by the FBI in the 1990's.

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: JasonAnthony74] #638691
03/07/12 09:51 AM
03/07/12 09:51 AM
Ontario
M
Mussolini14 Offline
Capo
Mussolini14  Offline
M
Capo
Ontario

I grew up in Southern California; I don't think I ever came across an Italian. Now, Asians and Latinos are another story.

But back to you. You obviously have this romantic vision of the Mafia as being some sort of noble, honorable organization to be worshipped and fascinated by. That's your perogative to think that way of course, but you are about as deluded as they come. You sound like a elementary school kid arguing with his best friend over which super hero is more powerful, but in your case, your super hero is The Mafia!
You must either not be Italian and therefore not qualified to be in the mafia, or maybe you are Italian but don't have the wherewithal (and the anti-social tendencies) to be a made mafia member. Either way you have some sort of deep-seated fascination with the mob. Alas, to each his own!

Which is why your IP address shows you are in New Jersey right? Let me guess. You are just there on work related business right?

Anyway back to the topic at hand. There is a big difference in an "associate" of a 1% club than of a mafia family in that a much higher % of biker associates are legit people with real 9-5 jobs. Where is live the 1% club was called "Saintans Choice" before they patched over to the HA and at their parties there were more Toyota plant employees than outlaw bikers who's criminal resume consists of smoking weed. Granted I am sure there are some mob associates who are not necessarily criminals but I think generally to be a mob associate one has to be more dedicated to a criminal lifestyle than to be considered a 1% associate.

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: Mussolini14] #638844
03/08/12 03:12 AM
03/08/12 03:12 AM
J
JasonAnthony74 Offline
Made Member
JasonAnthony74  Offline
J
Made Member

Which is why your IP address shows you are in New Jersey right? Let me guess. You are just there on work related business right?

Anyway back to the topic at hand. There is a big difference in an "associate" of a 1% club than of a mafia family in that a much higher % of biker associates are legit people with real 9-5 jobs. Where is live the 1% club was called "Saintans Choice" before they patched over to the HA and at their parties there were more Toyota plant employees than outlaw bikers who's criminal resume consists of smoking weed. Granted I am sure there are some mob associates who are not necessarily criminals but I think generally to be a mob associate one has to be more dedicated to a criminal lifestyle than to be considered a 1% associate.

I'm in Southern California.

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: botz] #664584
09/05/12 03:56 PM
09/05/12 03:56 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
My opinion :
Is the American Mafia still strong in New York in sophisticated criminal activities ?

Yes, in those fields they even have a monopoly.

Are they still the top in drug trafficking or extortion in NYC ?

No, they have received far too much competition in these fields. Russians, Albanians, Chinese, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, African-Americans, Jamaicans, Koreans,...have agressively muscled in on these activities.

The American Mafia will still be strong in NYC for a long time, but in Detroit, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Tampa,...they are dying out. Sad but true.
In the West Coast and the South organized crime is controlled by Mexicans, Chicanos and other Central Americans, Rednecks, African-Americans, Chinese, Southeast Asians and Armenians. The influence the Mafia has there, is neglible.
Florida ? It's all Cuban, Colombian, Haitian and Redneck stuff going on down those parts.
The Patriarca family used to be big in New England, but nowadays the Irish are still stronger in that area ( I'm sure ).

Some people may find this highly unpleasant, but really the only area where the Italian-American mafia still has a lot of influence is the NYC area.

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: botz] #664585
09/05/12 04:09 PM
09/05/12 04:09 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
in extortions i think they are still big and other groups are little or no involved in it
in the drugs i think in new york theyre still on the top
in new jersey they are very strong i dont know where you read theyre dying over there when 20% of people is italian and 6-7 families active there
i think in the north-east and south florida is still quite strong
at national level i think it's the single strongest organized crime group

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: botz] #664586
09/05/12 04:15 PM
09/05/12 04:15 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
nyc, new jeresy, philly, boston, and chicago all have a strong presence. And a couple of other areas have smaller presences than the other cities i listed. They're not big on drugs but extortion is still a big thing for the mob

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: m2w] #664590
09/05/12 04:29 PM
09/05/12 04:29 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
in extortions i think they are still big and other groups are little or no involved in it
in the drugs i think in new york theyre still on the top
in new jersey they are very strong i dont know where you read theyre dying over there when 20% of people is italian and 6-7 families active there
i think in the north-east and south florida is still quite strong
at national level i think it's the single strongest organized crime group

Extortions...only within their own community. Other ethnic groups extort their own community.
The Mafia the top guys in NYC when it comes to drugs ? Not by a long shot. Albanians and Chinese have much better connections for heroin, cocaine is much more handled by Hispanics and Blacks, Meth is controlled by Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs,...What's left for the Mafia ?
They may be still strong in New Jersey yes, it was wrong to say their dying over there. But the DeCavalcante family had to deal with a massive blow.
The Mafia isn't strong at all in South Florida. The only city they where strong was Tampa, but there has been no news on them for a long period. Not because of the so called 'secretive' way of doing business. The Tampa mob has always been relatively small and it is said they now have completely fallen in the shadow of other criminal gangs.
The Patriarca family may still be relatively strong, but the strongest in Boston ? I really don't think so. Someone I talked with ( who himself was Italian ) agreed that the Irish are still stronger in Boston than the Italians. Eventhough the Irish themselves aren't major players in the USA anymore.

For some it may be a bitter pill to swallow, but the American Mafia isn't what it used to be anymore. In a lot of areas they are dying, in others they are already dead, in other areas they still are strong ( northeast, Chicago,...). But they have completely lost the almost monopoly position the once had.

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: TheKillingJoke] #664592
09/05/12 04:39 PM
09/05/12 04:39 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke

The Mafia isn't strong at all in South Florida. The only city they where strong was Tampa, but there has been no news on them for a long period. Not because of the so called 'secretive' way of doing business. The Tampa mob has always been relatively small and it is said they now have completely fallen in the shadow of other criminal gangs.
The Patriarca family may still be relatively strong, but the strongest in Boston ? I really don't think so. Someone I talked with ( who himself was Italian ) agreed that the Irish are still stronger in Boston than the Italians. Eventhough the Irish themselves aren't major players in the USA anymore.
as far as florida is concerned, all five families have crews in south florida, with the genovese and gambino families stil very influential. miami is where most of the action is anyways, not tampa, although the gambino family has pretty much taken over what was left of that family and have a presence there. as far as boston is concerned, the irish might have been top dogs in years past, but now? not likely as even with all the shit the patriarca family has been through, they are still much more organized than the what little is left of the winter hill gang.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: botz] #664594
09/05/12 04:41 PM
09/05/12 04:41 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
i think you downsize the mafia too much and hype other groups too m uch, i don't see a single new criminal group in the states even close to the mafia of even 20 years ago
that's coz i say i think the italian mob is still the most powerful at national level although in many part of the country is not even present
but most of the other groups are just local and their influence is limited to a city or a neighbourhood
i doubt for example that blood and crips or mexican gangs have any sort of cooperation national-wide, they just operate at local level

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: Five_Felonies] #664596
09/05/12 05:01 PM
09/05/12 05:01 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
Originally Posted By: TheKillingJoke

as far as florida is concerned, all five families have crews in south florida, with the genovese and gambino families stil very influential. miami is where most of the action is anyways, not tampa, although the gambino family has pretty much taken over what was left of that family and have a presence there. as far as boston is concerned, the irish might have been top dogs in years past, but now? not likely as even with all the shit the patriarca family has been through, they are still much more organized than the what little is left of the winter hill gang.

The guy I talked to said that Irish stuff is still more prevalent in Boston than Italian organized crime. But the Italians might be smarter.
I think as far as drug trafficking goes the Mafia isn't very strong in Miami.
Now when you talk about racketeering, then yes the Mafia is the top.

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: m2w] #664601
09/05/12 05:13 PM
09/05/12 05:13 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
i think you downsize the mafia too much and hype other groups too m uch, i don't see a single new criminal group in the states even close to the mafia of even 20 years ago
that's coz i say i think the italian mob is still the most powerful at national level although in many part of the country is not even present
but most of the other groups are just local and their influence is limited to a city or a neighbourhood
i doubt for example that blood and crips or mexican gangs have any sort of cooperation national-wide, they just operate at local level

I never said there will be one new group that will be as influential as the Mafia has ever been. It's just that a lot of different criminal groups have muscled in on the drug and arms trade especially. None of those groups have a monopoly position over this, but they all want to have a piece of the pie.
But I think that the old American Mafia is beginning to show its signs of aging. Like Irish-American OC has greatly diminished or Jewish-American OC has almost completely disappeared, I'm beginning to think the the American Mafia will be going down the same road in the next 25 years or such. There's no denying in the fact that a lot of families aren't very active anymore or that even the membership of the more relatively powerful Mafia groups has fallen dramatically ( take a look at the Outfit for example).
I agree that the other groups are mostly local and they have a limited influence. And as far as 'homegrown' American OC goes, the Mafia may still be the strongest even though Biker Gangs, African-American OC ( not talking about lame gangs consisting of 12-year olds, I'm talking about the real deal) and White Supremacist and Chicano Prison Gangs are gaining strenght in their areas.
And in terms of labor unions, racketeering,...yes the Mafia is still the one and only. But drug and weapons trafficking ? I really don't think they still have a lot to say in those departments.

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: botz] #664606
09/05/12 05:35 PM
09/05/12 05:35 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
concerning drug trafficking you're right that the mafia is little involved today although i think in new york and other areas is still quite involved
i also think they sure have connection with montreal and canada concerning drugs

Re: Jack Tocco(detroit mafia)vsTaco Bowman(Outlawsmc) [Re: botz] #664607
09/05/12 05:39 PM
09/05/12 05:39 PM
M
m2w Offline
Underboss
m2w  Offline
M
Underboss
Quote:
And as far as 'homegrown' American OC goes, the Mafia may still be the strongest

it's what i say, the mafia is probably still the strongest group at national level although much weaker than the past

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull