GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 125 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,172
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: Tony Mosrite] #568800
03/08/10 08:28 AM
03/08/10 08:28 AM
My own world.
whisper Offline OP
Underboss
whisper  Offline OP
Underboss
My own world.
Does anyone know the name of the song that is playing while Furio is dancing with Carmela? Season ep 4 I think it is.

Thanks.

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: whisper] #568836
03/08/10 01:37 PM
03/08/10 01:37 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
"Vesuvio" by Spaccanapoli.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #568889
03/09/10 09:57 AM
03/09/10 09:57 AM
My own world.
whisper Offline OP
Underboss
whisper  Offline OP
Underboss
My own world.
Cheers mate.

Got some samples in there I wanna flip.

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: Tony Mosrite] #569433
03/11/10 04:25 PM
03/11/10 04:25 PM
Chicago Underworld
Frank_Nitti Offline
"The Enforcer"
Frank_Nitti  Offline
"The Enforcer"
Underboss
Chicago Underworld
Originally Posted By: Tony Mosrite
yes you are right and I didn't oppose it. when I say that "Mikey was planning to have Tony killed all along" I mean he was doing it through Junior, trying to turn him against Tony and eventually helping to manipulate Junior into the attempted hit.

as for Mikey P's motivations, Michael Corleone told us - in the novel, not in the movie - that they had to be personal as much as business. at least he wasn't beaten up over a civillian and in front of other made guys, like Ralphie was, but Mikey a made man himself would never sit with that and would always hold a vendetta feeling towards Tony.
Did Mikey get beat up before or after Tony became privy to Junior's failed coup? I can't remember, but if it's the latter case he's lucky he didn't get more.I guess I'm just not clear on what was 'bothering' you or that you're finding contrived. Mikey was manipulating Junior to whack Tony in part b/c Tony laid his hands on him (which he shouldn't have done, and Mikey is within his rights to respond, but Tony got to him first) and partly to help his own ascent in the family. Either way, it seems Mikey was cannon fodder after Tony discovered Junior's treachery anyhow.

Last edited by Frank_Nitti; 03/11/10 04:27 PM.
Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: Frank_Nitti] #569491
03/12/10 02:22 PM
03/12/10 02:22 PM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Before. And no one cared about or respected Mikey. He was just Junior's little lap dog. Ralph made a lot of money and had a respectable (wiseguy) reputation.

Also, Ralph was in Tony's crew and Mikey was in a different crew.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: Longneck] #569501
03/12/10 03:02 PM
03/12/10 03:02 PM
Chicago Underworld
Frank_Nitti Offline
"The Enforcer"
Frank_Nitti  Offline
"The Enforcer"
Underboss
Chicago Underworld
Thanks, LN. Mikey was definitely a lap-dog when compared to Ralphie who went back to the old days with Tony and Jackie Sr., however, I think Mikey's value lie in the fact that he was a bit more of a modern 'Wall Street' type member when compared to some of the older guys. If fact, Ralphie, Vito, and Mikey were three of the more 'modern' members in terms of the fields with which they made their earnings...Ralphie and Vito for sure, not positive about Mikey but he had the look of a new-age member when compared to some of the others. Chris, too, but he turned out to be worthless.

Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: Frank_Nitti] #569650
03/14/10 11:51 AM
03/14/10 11:51 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
It's no good trying to compare the portrayal of the Mafia's hierarchy and rules from later seasons to earlier seasons. The show's not very consistent in this respect; drama takes priority over rigorously researched accuracy.

Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #569671
03/14/10 02:46 PM
03/14/10 02:46 PM
Chicago Underworld
Frank_Nitti Offline
"The Enforcer"
Frank_Nitti  Offline
"The Enforcer"
Underboss
Chicago Underworld
Capo's right. Those early episodes were designed to do little more than hook American pop-culture back into the story of the Italian-American family(s), which it did, as audiences from all demographics flocked to this show in massive record numbers. But they didn't watch because they were all astute observers of mafia rules and tradition, and the show's producers knew that.

Still, it's fun to go back and talk about all of the Mikey Palmices of the show.

Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: Frank_Nitti] #569844
03/16/10 09:39 AM
03/16/10 09:39 AM
My own world.
whisper Offline OP
Underboss
whisper  Offline OP
Underboss
My own world.
Meadow's Nostrils begin to suit the rest of her face as the show progresses. In the first season, her nostrils are fucking huge. She didn't blossom too bad as the show went on.

Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: whisper] #571691
04/12/10 07:00 PM
04/12/10 07:00 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I just watched the episode where Tony plays golf with Cusimano and his asshole professional buddies. It's one of the few times I felt genuinely sorry for Tony.

He thought he was going to play golf with the gentry, as an equal, but he was really there to satisfy their curiosity. He was like a circus act to them. He gets to play golf with a "better" class of people, and they get to go home and brag that they played golf with a real life crook.

Bunch of jerkoffs.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: olivant] #571953
04/15/10 11:26 PM
04/15/10 11:26 PM
Bay Ridge Brooklyn
roman Offline
Associate
roman  Offline
Associate
Bay Ridge Brooklyn
I find them darker too, but still a guilty pleasure - best show in years!!

Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: roman] #576375
06/30/10 07:52 AM
06/30/10 07:52 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
From NYT

The Travel Advantages of a Brief Stint on ‘The Sopranos’

ALMOST all my travel is for the Nobelity Project, either shooting a film, promoting and showing a film or working with our partners on projects. I traveled to 20 countries on five continents for our feature documentary “Nobelity” and its sequel, “One Peace at a Time.”

Though the trips were sometimes grueling, it was incredible to meet with Nobel laureates like Muhammad Yunus, Steve Chu, Helene Gayle and Desmond Tutu to get their take on how we can provide basic human rights like food, water and education to every child on this planet.

Currently, I’m traveling quite a bit to Haiti, where we’re starting a school reconstruction effort in partnership with Architecture for Humanity, and Kenya, where we’re building Mahiga Hope High School, a model school for rural Africa.

It seems like I’m constantly in the air or at an airport. Because we’re a nonprofit, I’ve learned to make do with economy seating even though I’m 6 feet 7 inches tall and have to wrap my legs around my body to try to get comfortable. Fortunately, I try to stick with one airline to rack up points, and a lot of times I can snag an upgrade.

When I’m on a film trip, I bring tons of gear. I’ve seen people take a look at my carry-on and then make a beeline to another checkpoint.

I don’t take it personally. My bag is big, filled with two high-definition video cameras, a small digital still camera, batteries, chargers, tape and audio equipment. I can never check it all. If my bag got lost, I couldn’t replace this stuff quickly since I’m almost always in remote locations.

Most of my flights are long haul, and I’ve set some personal records.

I used to fly a lot from Dhaka, Bangladesh, back home to Austin, Tex. With all the layovers, it was 44 hours. I thought that was the longest flight ever. But then I beat that time when we screened “One Peace at a Time” at the Maui Film Festival.

I asked Willie Nelson, who is in the documentary, to sing before the screening. He told me he would sing if I showed up. So I flew from Nairobi to London, then on to Chicago and then Austin, to drop off my camera equipment. Then, I boarded a flight to Los Angeles and then another one to Maui. Total time: 54 hours.

I don’t mind talking to seatmates on flights. I always carry a couple of DVDs with me and hand them out. Sometimes people are really interested in the work, and that’s always rewarding.

Other times people are interested in hearing about what it was like to work on “The Sopranos.” I’m always surprised when people recognize me. I had only a small role in the series, playing Janice Soprano’s crazy boyfriend Aaron Arkaway, a born-again, narcoleptic hippie. People love the show, and no matter what part of the world I’m in “The Sopranos” always has a fan base.

I was in Nairobi recently, and I was wandering around downtown looking for a music store so I could buy some instruments for our school. I wasn’t having any luck. Then a young Kenyan man came up to me and said, “Have you heard the good news?” — one of Aaron’s most memorable lines. Turns out, he was a huge Sopranos fan and he was more than happy to help me out.

It was a fun encounter. And the good news for our school? I was able to get them a keyboard and a guitar.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: Lilo] #577627
07/18/10 03:00 AM
07/18/10 03:00 AM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

About the end:

Phil gets whacked in front of his family. Disrespected NY does the same to Tony.

???

Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: Longneck] #577649
07/18/10 02:56 PM
07/18/10 02:56 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Butch gave the go-ahead re Phil. There's no reason NY would jeopardise relations with NJ by taking out the only practical and proven leader of that family.

Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #577650
07/18/10 03:28 PM
07/18/10 03:28 PM
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
Butch gave the go-ahead re Phil. There's no reason NY would jeopardise relations with NJ by taking out the only practical and proven leader of that family.

He gave the go ahead but not to do it in front of his wife and grandkids.

Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: Longneck] #577709
07/19/10 12:41 PM
07/19/10 12:41 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Yeah, but that's still no reason to then jeopardise relations with NJ by taking out their only practical and proven leader.

Taking out Tony on those grounds and doing it exactly the same way would have just sparked another escalating tit-for-tat war, which both families had just agreed to end.

Don't forget Phil was on the lam, and had until that point been very difficult to find; if they pass up the opportunity to whack him there and then, who knows when he'll next be found. Phil no doubt thinks family are off-limits, which is would account for why he's even with them at his time of death. (Imagine Tony putting Carmela, AJ and Meadow through the same risks...)

Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #578751
08/05/10 06:57 PM
08/05/10 06:57 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Someone refresh my memory - what's left of it.

What was the name of the NJ fictional crime family when the series began and was it ever "offically" referred to as the Sopranos?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: olivant] #578753
08/05/10 07:02 PM
08/05/10 07:02 PM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
It's the DiMeo Family. The actual Boss is serving a life sentence in prison. Jackie Aprile is the acting Street Boss, and so on...

I'm not sure about the second point - maybe later on in the series Phil Leotardo's cronies refer specifically to 'the Sopranos' as a 'glorified crew' (as opposed to an actual Family), but it could just as easily be in reference to the vaguer term 'New Jersey'.

Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #580857
09/12/10 02:30 PM
09/12/10 02:30 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
Has anyone been watching Celebrity Ghost Stories? They seem to have a Sopranos star on every episode. Joe Pantoliano was on last nights episode. Here's Michael Imperioli's episode for anyone interested.

You talkin' to me?
Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: Blake] #584558
10/30/10 05:39 PM
10/30/10 05:39 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
'Sopranos' actress Denise Borino-Quinn dies at 46
Oct. 30, 2010, 3:18 PM EST

ROSELAND, N.J. (AP) -- Denise Borino-Quinn, who unexpectedly won a role as a mafia wife on "The Sopranos" as Ginny Sacrimoni after she attended an open casting call, has died. She was 46.

The Farmer Funeral Home in Roseland, N.J., said Borino-Quinn died Wednesday after a long battle with liver cancer. Her husband, Luke Quinn Jr., had died in March.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: olivant] #584641
11/01/10 02:50 AM
11/01/10 02:50 AM
Wellington, New Zealand
veneratio Offline
Sicilian Paisan
veneratio  Offline
Sicilian Paisan
Capo
Wellington, New Zealand
RIP.

"Just when I thought I was out.. They pull me back in"
Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: whisper] #584715
11/01/10 09:54 PM
11/01/10 09:54 PM

J
Jk987
Unregistered
Jk987
J
Unregistered

Originally he was not going to be a regular character on the show. Same thing with Adriana. She was a hostess at the restaurant int he first episode. But they liked her so much they brought her in full time. Same thing went for Vito.

Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: ] #585616
11/12/10 11:25 AM
11/12/10 11:25 AM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
was Janice snorting coke at thanksgiving in the episode "The Telltale Moozadell"?

I'm not sure how her character will develop so I'm guessing this is a hint on something that's about to come but I found it really odd even so.

right after that guy who keeps faling asleep gives a rant about how people shouldn't drink, Janice nods at him but Tony flashes her a signal like she's just snorted a line and has some white leftover on her nose;

couldn't she resist a line over a family dinner? and while I knew it couldn't last much long, I was buying her born again christian mentality lol

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: whisper] #631652
01/26/12 03:23 PM
01/26/12 03:23 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
I'm considering watching these bad boys again from the start.

You talkin' to me?
Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: whisper] #631671
01/26/12 06:08 PM
01/26/12 06:08 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Go on i dare you.. wink

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: Blake] #631673
01/26/12 06:13 PM
01/26/12 06:13 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Blake Peters
I'm considering watching these bad boys again from the start.

I'm about due to watch the series again.

Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: whisper] #631675
01/26/12 06:20 PM
01/26/12 06:20 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
It's been so long and there's probably so much I didn't catch before. Sopranos is one of those shows you get away with watching over. DE NIRO, it definitely won't be a marathon viewing. lol

You talkin' to me?
Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: whisper] #631676
01/26/12 06:24 PM
01/26/12 06:24 PM
ukwiseguy Offline
Made Member
ukwiseguy  Offline
Made Member
Sopranos has amazing rewatchability, although i have wore them out now lol. Wish they had made more episodes even a few more seasons.

Underworld UK

"The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled, Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist"
Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: whisper] #631678
01/26/12 06:29 PM
01/26/12 06:29 PM
Canada
Blake Offline
Underboss
Blake  Offline
Underboss
Canada
Hopefully Jame Gandolfini agrees to do the movie, even though the episodes are pretty much movies themselves.

You talkin' to me?
Re: Random Sopranos Post whoring etc! [Re: whisper] #631689
01/26/12 07:41 PM
01/26/12 07:41 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

I'd like to see a movie for old times sake, but i think they should leave it how it is.

Also i don't know what direction they would take with regards to a story line,And i think one film wont be enough for the film makers they would want at least two..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull