GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Irishman12, Malavita, 1 invisible), 108 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,354
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,181
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
sally dogs #630961
01/22/12 05:07 AM
01/22/12 05:07 AM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline OP
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline OP
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
can anyone give me some info on him...big ange's uncle from mob wives? can't really find much info about him. any help i would appreciate

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: sally dogs [Re: phatmatress] #630967
01/22/12 07:19 AM
01/22/12 07:19 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: phatmatress
can anyone give me some info on him...big ange's uncle from mob wives? can't really find much info about him. any help i would appreciate

Sally "Dogs" Lombardi is another guy that, allthough holding a capo position within the Genoveses, is not that well known.
He lived in Brooklyn and operated out of the Gravesend section and he was big with narcotics.
I find him interesting because I think he inherited the old Ray DeCarlo crew after Frank "Casina" Cucola died in 1975?, and Tommy Lombardi (a relative???) died in 1987.
This crew has always had members based in Brooklyn and NJ.

Sally Dogs was indicted and imprisoned in 1979:

"Joseph DiPalermo, Salvatore Lombardi, George Gillette and Alan Kassebaum appeal from judgments of conviction entered in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, Edward R. Neaher, Judge, after a three-week jury trial. All of the appellants were convicted of conspiring to manufacture and possess with intent to distribute methaqualone, commonly known as "quaaludes," in violation of 21 U.S.C. ? 846. Kassebaum was also convicted of possession of methaqualone with intent to distribute, 21 U.S.C. ? 841(a)(1). Finding no reversible error, we affirm the judgments of conviction."

http://findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19790821_0040413.c02.htm/qx

(Note that one of Lombardi´s codefendants was the notorious narcoticspeddeler Joseph "Joe Beck" DiPalermo.)

And in the 1990s, Sally Dogs was indicted and imprisoned for leading a heroin ring.

"Evidence was adduced that the leader of the conspiracy was Salvatore Lombardi, a resident of Brooklyn, and that other participants included Rita Bologna, Michael Booth, Joseph Viola and defendant. Through wiretap surveillance of the telephone line to Lombardi's residence in January 1992, law enforcement authorities discovered that Lombardi was raising $120,000 to pay a courier fee to obtain a large quantity of heroin. Lombardi's intercepted conversations cryptically identified the various players in the proposed heroin exchange, including defendant - a pharmacologist referred to as "the professor." The People theorized that defendant's role in the enterprise was to test the purity of the heroin."

http://findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.20010215_0000130.ny.htm/qx

At the time of this indictment Sally Dogs had risen to the rank of capo within the Genoveses. However, I believe he was demoted to the rank of a soldier by the bosses because of his constant involvment in the narcotics trade.

Sally Dogs died in 2009.

I found his obituary, published in The Staten Island Advance:

Salvatore "Sally Dog" Lombardi on May 12, 2009. Beloved husband of Rita. Devoted father of Angela, Sallyann, Thomas and Salvatore. Cherished grandfather of Jillian, Samantha, Salvatore, Michael John, Nico and Nicholas. Loving uncle of many. Reposing at A. Guarino Funeral Home, 2625 Harway Ave. (Corner Bay 43rd St.), Brooklyn, NY, Saturday and Sunday 2-5 and 7-9:30 P.M. Mass of Christian Burial at St. Simon St. Jude R.C. Church Monday 10:30 A.M. Interment to follow Resurrection Cemetery, SI.

Last edited by HairyKnuckles; 01/22/12 08:38 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: sally dogs [Re: HairyKnuckles] #630970
01/22/12 09:15 AM
01/22/12 09:15 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
I´m not saying for sure, but the Salvatore Lombardi mentioned in this article (published in the Herald Statesman June 29, 1967) could be "our" Salvatore Lombardi. Note that it says that Lombardi was a member of the Gallo-Profaci gang (!).

"3 of Brooklyn gang are sent to prison

Three purported members of Brooklyn's Gallo-Profaci gang
were sentenced to Sing Sing Prison yesterday in County
Court for the burglary of $30,000 in men's suits from a Eastchester store two years ago.
Shortly after the sentencing, Dist Atty. Leonard Rubenfeld
revealed he is investigating two unsigned, typewritten letters
that asserted over $20,000 in bribe money was being offered
officials for the dismissal of charges against the three.
The three, Alfonso Serrantonio, 28, Salvatore Lombardi, 27,
and Vincent Ciraolo, 37, all of Brooklyn, were sentenced to
from 1 to 5 years in prison each by County Judge Robert E.
Dempsey. They pleaded guilty to first-degree grand larceny
two weeks ago in connection with the burglary.
Although, they each have arrest records in New York City
only Lombardi served any time in the past. His previous jail
time in a record dating back to 1958 amounts to 90 days. Serrantonio arrested nine times on charges ranging from bookmaking to burglary in New York City had a perfect record of acquittals and dismissals before yesterday's sentence."

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull