GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 110 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
The truth about Cleveland #630766
01/20/12 07:28 PM
01/20/12 07:28 PM
C
CleveItalia Offline OP
Wiseguy
CleveItalia  Offline OP
C
Wiseguy
I have been reading these boards for a very long time, years in fact. I have a feel for most of the people on these boards, the ones who actually know what they're talking about, Ivy, phatmat, etc. I would like to finally bring to light and put to rest some of the Cleveland talk that has frequented this board and others for quite some time. This is the main reason why I started this thread and opened an account. After I am done explaining this you can accept what I have to say, or not, makes no difference to me or anyone else for that matter, but this will be my first and last post as I will most likely just go back to reading the boards anonymously every day, like I have for the last few years.

First of all the formal structure of the remaining Cleveland family is done. We don't have anyone in any form of a position. I am one of the remaining few guys left in the area, total there are 10 of us, italian that is. five of the ten are formally "made", the other four would have most likely been "made" as of the early nineties, but never were, one of the “made” is in prison. This doesn't really matter as we consider them part of the inner circle anyway. I am not one of the five formally made members. Outside of the ten of us is loose connection of people we trust and have trusted from the 1960's, which includes three additional italian families and one greek family.
All of the Italian families are very well known in the area. Most have construction companies, subcontracting services, etc. Two others have a real estate business, and the rest work for a local temp staffing company. Most of the remaining guys who have been in trouble eventually just end up working for the staffing company as a mid level manager or local crew leader of a construction firm. The greek family that has been a part of us since shonder walked the streets is still involved, they originated in mansfield around the 1950's and ran a very successful book operation with shonder, and it is still in business to this day, taken over now by the son. He lives in southern ohio and handles action in columbus and cincinnati. He meets with us monthly in Cleveland to discuss currect state of affairs and what else is going on south of Cleveland. Outside of that we don't get into very much of anything anymore that doesn't involve sports betting. There are two major problems in starting this thing up and keeping it sustainable. One problem is that there is literally no italian in cleveland or the surrounding area that can live up to the values and respect of what "used to be". Most the kids of the guys we socalize with have never broken a law in their life, which is a good thing, and they have no intention on leading this type of liftstyle (especially after the thousands that were poured into their college educations). The second problem is that local FBI, police, etc know exactly who we are and what we do and where we hang out. If you want me to be completely honest, it sucks. Remembering what used to be is probably the toughest of all. It is probably a smart move on our part to disband any type of formal structure as for the most part we have all made our money and destroyed enough lives, including our own. It is a rather sobering experience to finally come to terms with the fact that you cannot beat the system, it is impossible and is the main reason why this thing is turning back into what it used to be when it all started, a street gang.
We still meet all the time, couple times a week actually just south of Cleveland. We have contact with most of the other families in the area as far as Detroit and Chicago go. We have contact with New York on only a personal level, as two of our remaining guys know only a handful of guys on the east coast. We don’t do business with any of them. I think it’s funny and frustrating at the same time, to see some young kid get on here and talk about what they think they know about what goes on in the city, Cleveland that is. Like I said before , it’s just really bothered me for a long time and I finally have to say something about it. Take it or leave, PM me if you want, I might respond to a few of the more well respected members on the boards, but that it.

Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: CleveItalia] #630768
01/20/12 07:47 PM
01/20/12 07:47 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Interesting. Welcome aboard.

[Linked Image]
Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: CleveItalia] #630789
01/20/12 10:40 PM
01/20/12 10:40 PM
pittsburgh pa
P
phatmatress Offline
Underboss
phatmatress  Offline
P
Underboss
pittsburgh pa
Originally Posted By: CleveItalia
I have been reading these boards for a very long time, years in fact. I have a feel for most of the people on these boards, the ones who actually know what they're talking about, Ivy, phatmat, etc. I would like to finally bring to light and put to rest some of the Cleveland talk that has frequented this board and others for quite some time. This is the main reason why I started this thread and opened an account. After I am done explaining this you can accept what I have to say, or not, makes no difference to me or anyone else for that matter, but this will be my first and last post as I will most likely just go back to reading the boards anonymously every day, like I have for the last few years.

First of all the formal structure of the remaining Cleveland family is done. We don't have anyone in any form of a position. I am one of the remaining few guys left in the area, total there are 10 of us, italian that is. five of the ten are formally "made", the other four would have most likely been "made" as of the early nineties, but never were, one of the “made” is in prison. This doesn't really matter as we consider them part of the inner circle anyway. I am not one of the five formally made members. Outside of the ten of us is loose connection of people we trust and have trusted from the 1960's, which includes three additional italian families and one greek family.
All of the Italian families are very well known in the area. Most have construction companies, subcontracting services, etc. Two others have a real estate business, and the rest work for a local temp staffing company. Most of the remaining guys who have been in trouble eventually just end up working for the staffing company as a mid level manager or local crew leader of a construction firm. The greek family that has been a part of us since shonder walked the streets is still involved, they originated in mansfield around the 1950's and ran a very successful book operation with shonder, and it is still in business to this day, taken over now by the son. He lives in southern ohio and handles action in columbus and cincinnati. He meets with us monthly in Cleveland to discuss currect state of affairs and what else is going on south of Cleveland. Outside of that we don't get into very much of anything anymore that doesn't involve sports betting. There are two major problems in starting this thing up and keeping it sustainable. One problem is that there is literally no italian in cleveland or the surrounding area that can live up to the values and respect of what "used to be". Most the kids of the guys we socalize with have never broken a law in their life, which is a good thing, and they have no intention on leading this type of liftstyle (especially after the thousands that were poured into their college educations). The second problem is that local FBI, police, etc know exactly who we are and what we do and where we hang out. If you want me to be completely honest, it sucks. Remembering what used to be is probably the toughest of all. It is probably a smart move on our part to disband any type of formal structure as for the most part we have all made our money and destroyed enough lives, including our own. It is a rather sobering experience to finally come to terms with the fact that you cannot beat the system, it is impossible and is the main reason why this thing is turning back into what it used to be when it all started, a street gang.
We still meet all the time, couple times a week actually just south of Cleveland. We have contact with most of the other families in the area as far as Detroit and Chicago go. We have contact with New York on only a personal level, as two of our remaining guys know only a handful of guys on the east coast. We don’t do business with any of them. I think it’s funny and frustrating at the same time, to see some young kid get on here and talk about what they think they know about what goes on in the city, Cleveland that is. Like I said before , it’s just really bothered me for a long time and I finally have to say something about it. Take it or leave, PM me if you want, I might respond to a few of the more well respected members on the boards, but that it.
i lived on the east side 185th for a while in my younger years!

Last edited by phatmatress; 01/20/12 10:41 PM.

I hate Dicknoses!!!!!!
Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: CleveItalia] #630807
01/21/12 02:46 AM
01/21/12 02:46 AM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Russell Papalardo?

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: CleveItalia] #630808
01/21/12 03:01 AM
01/21/12 03:01 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
I went to Cleveland years ago it was boring as shit. I was let down by the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame.

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: CleveItalia] #630811
01/21/12 03:35 AM
01/21/12 03:35 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY&feature=related

But as people from Cleveland say, at least they're not Detroit!

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: IvyLeague] #630842
01/21/12 07:35 AM
01/21/12 07:35 AM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

But as people from Cleveland say, at least they're not Detroit!

I love that video. The best line is "Who the fuck still uses a pay phone?" - that's one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Actually I like Cleveland a lot, great town and the only real city in Ohio.

Now, as for the OP, he could be full of it but based on what I know, his account certainly does have the "ring of truth" to it.

Russell Papalardo is one of the people involved in real estate that the OP mentioned. Dude's a Realtor and you can hire him to sell you a house in Cleveland (for the price of a VCR, as the song goes, haha).

http://www.realtor.com/realestateagents/Russell-Papalardo_Independence_OH__636899243?source=web

He's a related article:

http://www.cleveland.com/countyincrisis/index.ssf/2008/12/dimoras_neighborhood_attracts.html

Last edited by Ivan; 01/21/12 07:50 AM.
Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: CleveItalia] #630847
01/21/12 10:28 AM
01/21/12 10:28 AM
C
CleveItalia Offline OP
Wiseguy
CleveItalia  Offline OP
C
Wiseguy
phatmat - In my younger years that area used to be known as Big Italy. Lot of Italian families lived in that area a million years ago. To show my age I still remember, as a very young boy, Greektown on Bolivar.

Dicknose (lol) - Cleveland isn't the type of city to go downtown and be dazzled by the likes of cadillac ranch or any other number of similar bar/clubs. Cleveland is an old city, and to really appreciate it you have to go to the lesser known areas to outsiders. Slavic village, little italy, westside market. Westside market is a great place, makes me remember growing up, the orignal market used to be, i believe, about in the outfield of jacobs field. But there is also Great Lakes brewery in that area. Lots of great areas to feel the nostalgia of a city that was the backbone of this nation for so long. You are spot on about the rocknroll HOF, I went a few years ago and was less than pleased, it was one of those things you do once and never do again.

Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: CleveItalia] #631591
01/26/12 10:29 AM
01/26/12 10:29 AM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss

excellent post. Thanks cleve

Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: CleveItalia] #631608
01/26/12 12:47 PM
01/26/12 12:47 PM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
Yea I definitely enjoyed your post. No over the top BS...I like it!

Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: CleveItalia] #631740
01/27/12 01:55 AM
01/27/12 01:55 AM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
So if cleveland is basicly dying wouldnt some Ny guys want to go down there and take some of their rackets.I can only imagine if this happend in Philly or jersey it would of been open season.Still if there is no Italian community then recruitment dries up and it becomes a case where the only guys left r the last remaining guys r the final generation

Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: tiger84] #631748
01/27/12 03:30 AM
01/27/12 03:30 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: tiger84
So if cleveland is basicly dying wouldnt some Ny guys want to go down there and take some of their rackets.I can only imagine if this happend in Philly or jersey it would of been open season.Still if there is no Italian community then recruitment dries up and it becomes a case where the only guys left r the last remaining guys r the final generation

Well NY guys don't really know Cleveland. Jersey is a different story because it's right next door and the NY families are already there.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: IvyLeague] #656112
07/19/12 08:20 PM
07/19/12 08:20 PM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo
I am trying to guess the ten. I Think I can come close lol.

was Frank Embrescia a captain ?

Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: strococs] #656116
07/19/12 08:41 PM
07/19/12 08:41 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: strococs

Are you talking about remaining members? The ages below may be a year or two off...

1. William "Billy" DeNova/70
2. William "Billy D" Dileno/74
3. Joseph Gallo/73
4. Joseph "Joe Loose" Iacobacci/61
5. John Iorillo/66
6. Ronald Lucarelli Jr/52
7. John Oliverio/58
8. Russell Papalardo/69
9. Anthony Velotta/69

Possible Members:
Ralph "Bosie" Bucci/61
Nicholas "Nick" Nardi/84

Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: IvyLeague] #656123
07/19/12 09:31 PM
07/19/12 09:31 PM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo

Are you talking about remaining members? The ages below may be a year or two off...

3. Joseph Gallo/73
5. John Iorillo/66
7. John Oliverio/58
8. Russell Papalardo/69
9. Anthony Velotta/69

Possible Members:
Ralph "Bosie" Bucci/61
Nicholas "Nick" Nardi/84

Yeah that's pretty close to what I would of put . I think John Iorillo may have died a few years ago.

Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: CleveItalia] #656141
07/20/12 02:00 AM
07/20/12 02:00 AM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Great article about Iacobacci and some white collar fraud he ran with a young guy from NY. Even had the involvement of the Chicago Outfit, all the way into the late 90's.

http://www.ipsn.org/organized_crime/cleveland_mobsters.htm

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: strococs] #656154
07/20/12 04:12 AM
07/20/12 04:12 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)

3. Joseph Gallo/73
5. John Iorillo/66
7. John Oliverio/58
8. Russell Papalardo/69
9. Anthony Velotta/69

Possible Members:
Ralph "Bosie" Bucci/61
Nicholas "Nick" Nardi/84

Yeah that's pretty close to what I would of put . I think John Iorillo may have died a few years ago.

Yes, Iorillo died in 2008.

[Linked Image]
Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: HairyKnuckles] #656169
07/20/12 09:02 AM
07/20/12 09:02 AM
N
NJBoy55 Offline
BANNED
NJBoy55  Offline
BANNED
N
Underboss
John Iorillo is dead like what Hairy said. My good friend Walter Iorillo (not a hood at all) is from Cleveland, from Mayfield Heights, graduated from Mayfield High School, and is the cousin of John. Just was in Cleveland hanging out with my friend and his wonderful family. What Cleve said is very true about being no more Cleveland branch of LCN there anymore. However, most old mobsters don't get on mob forums and especially don't get into beefs with forum members over their posts. For the people on here, take what he said (as being a member of the Cleveland Mob) with a grain of salt. We don't know the guy. Remember, those of you familiar with the way mafiosi act, you know that they at least try if not really do keep a low profile, and they do care about what others say about them, but don't write on forums about who they were and who they know. They also don't mention the names of people in their criminal organizations. Like what he did. I can tell by the way he writes that he's a pretty articulate individual and he's definitely from the home of the Indians. I'm not calling him a liar, but I just don't believe everything I hear from people, and I find it strange that after one of the other guys that took dumps on me over one of my charts has recently been kicked off this forum he posted this comment and said he is leaving the forum. What a coincidence, over the fact he was one of 3 of them. Hmmm. Could be he's mad his friend got kicked out. Just saying. As far as growing up with mafiosi the ones who run this forum would know more than anybody in my opinion. I do like his post I will say. He did write some interesting stuff and I do think there's some truth to it. Ciao.

Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: CleveItalia] #656174
07/20/12 09:51 AM
07/20/12 09:51 AM
spmob Offline
Underboss
spmob  Offline
Underboss
You just put your good friend Walters full name on on a mob forum cause hes the cousin of an old Cleveland guy cause your trying to prove you know just as much about Cleveland??... cause of your good buddy Walter??? lol... makes no sense. I enjoyed Clevetalia's post and I take your "i know everything about every family" posts with a grain of salt. Let people form there own opinions...just saying.

Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: spmob] #656175
07/20/12 09:55 AM
07/20/12 09:55 AM
N
NJBoy55 Offline
BANNED
NJBoy55  Offline
BANNED
N
Underboss
SP, I am letting people form their own opinions. I formed mine, though. His post was interesting and I enjoyed it as well. Yes, I did mention my friend's name. My name is John Dan Cancilla. I have my name online as well, if you look me up on google and put Campbell, CA next to it you can find me on FB or there could be stuff about me being a pizza chef and singer. No big deal.

Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: CleveItalia] #656195
07/20/12 11:26 AM
07/20/12 11:26 AM
S
ScottD Offline
Made Member
ScottD  Offline
S
Made Member
Cleve-

Did you know Stefano Randazzo?

Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: NJBoy55] #656215
07/20/12 03:25 PM
07/20/12 03:25 PM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo
Originally Posted By: NJBoy55
John Iorillo is dead like what Hairy said. My good friend Walter Iorillo (not a hood at all) is from Cleveland, from Mayfield Heights, graduated from Mayfield High School, and is the cousin of John. Just was in Cleveland hanging out with my friend and his wonderful family. What Cleve said is very true about being no more Cleveland branch of LCN there anymore. However, most old mobsters don't get on mob forums and especially don't get into beefs with forum members over their posts. For the people on here, take what he said (as being a member of the Cleveland Mob) with a grain of salt. We don't know the guy. Remember, those of you familiar with the way mafiosi act, you know that they at least try if not really do keep a low profile, and they do care about what others say about them, but don't write on forums about who they were and who they know. They also don't mention the names of people in their criminal organizations. Like what he did. I can tell by the way he writes that he's a pretty articulate individual and he's definitely from the home of the Indians. I'm not calling him a liar, but I just don't believe everything I hear from people, and I find it strange that after one of the other guys that took dumps on me over one of my charts has recently been kicked off this forum he posted this comment and said he is leaving the forum. What a coincidence, over the fact he was one of 3 of them. Hmmm. Could be he's mad his friend got kicked out. Just saying. As far as growing up with mafiosi the ones who run this forum would know more than anybody in my opinion. I do like his post I will say. He did write some interesting stuff and I do think there's some truth to it. Ciao.

how do you know? mob guys come in all shapes sizes and education levels. I read the posts you are talking about he was just simply stating that greene's kid was not involved in the rackets. He was 16 or maybe 17 when his dad was killed.
Who knows if cleveitalia was involved with lcn or not with out knowing who is is you cant prove it either way. But what he said about Cleveland is true. He never mentioned any names and what he said I can guarantee you the fbi already knows.

Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: CleveItalia] #656217
07/20/12 03:35 PM
07/20/12 03:35 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I only now read this thread and I wonder how I could have missed it. Anyway, sounds to me this guy is genuine. He doesn't brag and isn't claiming that this guy was the most powerful and that guy wasn't.

There are probably many more wise or connected guys visiting this board on a regular basis. I would appreciate it if someone could enlighten us a little bit about Buffalo.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: Sonny_Black] #656228
07/20/12 04:26 PM
07/20/12 04:26 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
I would appreciate it if someone could enlighten us a little bit about Buffalo.

Sonny, this might help! wink

http://a-z-animals.com/animals/buffalo/

[Linked Image]
Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: CleveItalia] #656229
07/20/12 04:27 PM
07/20/12 04:27 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy

Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: HairyKnuckles] #656233
07/20/12 04:37 PM
07/20/12 04:37 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

It would have been funnier if the link didn't reveal so much. wink

I have a question for CleveItalia: When did the Cleveland mob lose its formal structure? Was it right after the big arrests in the early 80s?

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: Sonny_Black] #656266
07/20/12 10:19 PM
07/20/12 10:19 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
I only now read this thread and I wonder how I could have missed it. Anyway, sounds to me this guy is genuine. He doesn't brag and isn't claiming that this guy was the most powerful and that guy wasn't.

Everything he says matches up exactly with what everyone I know who lives there says what's going on.

Note that I don't have any firsthand knowledge myself, so it's possible he's just repeating the same rumors that those people have repeated. But I doubt it; his post seems to have the ring of truth to it.

Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: Sonny_Black] #656278
07/20/12 11:31 PM
07/20/12 11:31 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I would appreciate it if someone could enlighten us a little bit about Buffalo.

It's not considered a viable family anymore. Hasn't really been considered such since the 1990's. It was then that Laborers Local 210 was put under oversight and later declared free of organized crime influence in 2006. The cases in recent years have showed more remnants of a family that once was. Some guys getting popped for this or that, here or there, not much cohesion. In my opinion, they seem comparable to Detroit.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 07/20/12 11:31 PM.

Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: CleveItalia] #656279
07/20/12 11:43 PM
07/20/12 11:43 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
I have a friend that moved there for work and said he can't get a good sandwich. The bread sucks out there, can even't get a seeded or Seseme roll.

Genovese Family."
Re: The truth about Cleveland [Re: CleveItalia] #656280
07/20/12 11:45 PM
07/20/12 11:45 PM
The Jokers Social Club
BANNED
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Out in Western PA and Ohio they just put mayonnaise on everything to make it even worse. LOL
Anyone ever try Primani Brothers they put coleslaw and french fires in a sandwich

Last edited by DickNose_Moltasanti; 07/21/12 01:03 AM.

Genovese Family."
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull