GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 118 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,215
Posts1,056,176
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #629517
01/14/12 07:44 PM
01/14/12 07:44 PM
massachusetts
scarfacetm Offline
Underboss
scarfacetm  Offline
Underboss
massachusetts
I can't help but wonder if she actually means more of the crazy outfits.

"Death is the answer to all problems. No man, no problem."

"I'd rather be hated for who i am, than loved for who i am not"
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: scarfacetm] #629518
01/14/12 07:57 PM
01/14/12 07:57 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Remember how outrageous they thought Madonna was with her cone shape bras, garage sale type outfits and such? I think an all-meat outfit tops that. lol I couldn't believe that.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/14/12 07:58 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #629519
01/14/12 08:01 PM
01/14/12 08:01 PM
massachusetts
scarfacetm Offline
Underboss
scarfacetm  Offline
Underboss
massachusetts
Apprently it seems that the trend now adays in music is to look as trashy or as stupid as you can.

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #629529
01/14/12 08:46 PM
01/14/12 08:46 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I like Lady Gaga, not so much for her music, but for lessons of acceptance that she imparts to her "monsters". However, that song is a blatant rip-off of Madonna's.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #629533
01/14/12 09:16 PM
01/14/12 09:16 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Remember how outrageous they thought Madonna was with her cone shape bras, garage sale type outfits and such? I think an all-meat outfit tops that. lol I couldn't believe that.

TIS

IMO, the Egg hatching topped that non-PETA friendly wardrobe.

Originally Posted By: scarfacetm
Apprently it seems that the trend now adays in music is to look as trashy or as stupid as you can.

I would argue that to a degree in variations, this has always been the case. Rlbid Elvis the Pelvis horrified America's parents. But in truely purposefully outrageous visual get-up, let's start from the early 70s and go forward. David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Elton John, Sex Pistols, Madonna and so forth. I could also bring up or the newly-Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inducted Red Hot Chili Peppers back in their heyday 90s performing an awards show only in their clean tighty whities.

But specifically, let's bring up Prince, which my man Lilo can back me up here with my point. When he had his first major hit ("I Wanna Be Your Lover") back in 1979, Warner Bros. had him set-up as the supposed new Stevie Wonder, and he pretty much looked and composed like your typical late 70s R&B/Disco black music act that can be imagined. (Afro goes without saying.) Nothing controversial. At least from my end.

So how does he follow that up the very next year? DIRTY MIND, he tosses all that in favor of wearing a trench coat, leg warmers and a bikini thong on stage, all while singing explicitely about oral sex, sibling incest, and alot of bad words too.

And this was in 1980, the year Reagan was elected. I'm un-PC for saying this, but a black man dressed* like that back then and still now in a black neighborhood would get his ass kicked into oblivion. Pure and simple. So the latest shock is nothing new, just pushing the envelope further and further along. The envelope aint been shredded yet folks.

*=I remember that infamous anecdote when Prince at that time opened for the Rolling Stones at the L.A. Colliseum. He starts off with "Jack U Off"....and to say the least, the crowd you would expect at a Stone concert violently reacted negatively to a black guy in a thong singing about masturbating another dude. Garbage, beer, and food thrown at him, including a whole fried chicken (I bet it was Jake Blues) and he ran off the stage.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 01/14/12 09:18 PM.
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: Sicilian Babe] #629534
01/14/12 09:17 PM
01/14/12 09:17 PM
California

California
I couldn't tell you all her songs. I can't say I mind her singing, she's just really out there. lol

But you're right, I know she does do a lot for equal rights and that's always good. smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #629537
01/14/12 09:30 PM
01/14/12 09:30 PM
massachusetts
scarfacetm Offline
Underboss
scarfacetm  Offline
Underboss
massachusetts
That's all well and good, but he didn't dress up in an outfit made of perfectly good meat or any of the wierd stuff she wears. Then you have kesha or whatever her name is that copies her. then you got these "teen idols" like Miley Cyrus who dresses like an out right skank.

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #629538
01/14/12 09:34 PM
01/14/12 09:34 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
"Born This Way" producer DJ White Shadow has addressed Madonna's criticism, via Twitter:

Quote:
And obviously: someone should take there old lady meds before they are allowed to talk in public. No memories having motherfucker.

Quote:

I obviously do not hate Madonna, or belittle her talent or achievements, however, if she thinks we stole a song from her she is wrong.

Somebody call the grammar police!

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #629545
01/14/12 10:03 PM
01/14/12 10:03 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Old lady meds? Really? Let's see Gaga 28 years from now, if she looks half as good as Madonna looked sitting on that couch. And, honey, Madonna did it first, and she did it better.

As for the meat dress, I would imagine it gave off a bit of an odor after a while, especially under those hot stage lights. sick I wouldn't want to have been the one standing next to her.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: Sicilian Babe] #629557
01/14/12 11:09 PM
01/14/12 11:09 PM
California

California
Seriously, I thought that a while back Madonna commented on the song w/o criticizing it. I thought this story was over. Evidently no. lol

TIS

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #629654
01/15/12 06:29 PM
01/15/12 06:29 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Ryan Seacrest tweets:

Quote:
Just got a tip Madonna dropped by @JayLeno today...she said the super bowl halftime show will be "nipple-free" this year.

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #629817
01/16/12 02:49 AM
01/16/12 02:49 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Lenny Kravitz drops free Mix-tape

http://www.giantstep.net/releases/2937#download

Clint Eastwood: "Beyoncé is the next Ella Fitzgerald"

Quote:
Q: Did you discuss music with Beyonce, that we will see in your next film, a remake of A Star is Born?

A: She asked if she could write stuff for the movie, I said yes, great. But I also told her I would make one or two things very classical. Still classicism. But I dont want Beyoncé to be too classic! She has a superb voice. She could become a new Sarah Vaughan or the next Ella Fitzgerald. She has the same class. I dont know if she knows their music but I intend to do a good education for the movie !

Coachella 2012 Both Weekends Sold Out

http://www.craveonline.com/music/articles/181203-coachella-2012-weekend-1-tickets-sold-out

And I promise, one last Madge-related newsbit for awhile. But anyway, funny how she still somehow finds a way to be "controversial."

Madonna Angers Anti-Drug Group With New Album Title

Quote:
closing that case wasn't in the cards for anti-drug group Canabis Skunk Sense because the spokesperson for the group, Lucy Dawe, told The Sun that she thought naming the album M.D.N.A. was "an ill advised decision."

Putting aside the notion that the anti-drug campaigners' name sounds more like a shop that sells various "tobacco" pipes for "herbal" enthusiasts, the reasoning behind this claim is that Madonna's new album title closely resembles the name of a criminalized drug called MDMA (but you may know it better as Ecstasy, E or X).

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Madonna_Angers_Anti_Drug_Group_With_New_Album_Title/13610480

Hey Drug War soldiers, that...is stupid. How stupid? Look it up. *sips tea*

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #629950
01/16/12 11:34 PM
01/16/12 11:34 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Mentioned in the '12 Dead Pool, but again worth noting:

Quote:
Funk and pop saxophonist Jimmy Castor died today at 2:30 p.m. in Las Vegas from causes that are currently unknown. He was 64.

While he had several notable hits, it was his 1972 single, "Troglodyte (Cave Man)," that had the most success. It's been certified gold by the RIAA and, in terms of more current music, has been sampled by a slew of hip-hop acts.

N.W.A. used it on two different tracks, "Gangsta Gangsta" and "The Dayz of Wayback," and Audio Two had it on the DJ Clark Kent mix of "Top Billin'."

Most recently, you probably heard Castor's "I Just Wanna Stop" on Kanye West's "We Don't Care" off his debut, The College Dropout.

There isn’t any easy way to explain how much influence Jimmy Castor has had on music, tangible or otherwise. But it’s important to frame Castor outside the novelty of “Bertha Butt Boogie.” Castor put the fun in funk, and pioneered a dense, full-throttle style.

http://www.prefixmag.com/news/rip-funk-musician-jimmy-castor/60607/

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #630132
01/17/12 08:54 PM
01/17/12 08:54 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Some home videos you hope never go public.

1987, a 6th grade Angelina Jolie (badly) covers "Purple Rain."

http://www.drfunkenberry.com/2012/01/17/..._medium=twitter

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 01/17/12 08:54 PM.
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #630134
01/17/12 08:59 PM
01/17/12 08:59 PM
California

California
LOL! I'm sure Angelina will be happy to see this surface.

lol

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #630138
01/17/12 10:42 PM
01/17/12 10:42 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Beyonce’s latest “lighter skinned” album photo causes controversy

http://www.scandalscelebrity.com/2012/01...es-controversy/

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #630139
01/17/12 10:46 PM
01/17/12 10:46 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Oh Elton, he sure aint gonna live down anytime soon his "guarantee" of winning the Golden Globe only to lose it.

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #630210
01/18/12 10:53 AM
01/18/12 10:53 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
New Discovered Fly species named after Beyonce

Quote:
A newly discovered horse fly in Australia was so "bootylicious" with its golden-haired bum, there was only one name worthy of its beauty: Beyonce.

Previously published results from Bryan Lessard, a 24-year-old researcher at Australia's Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization, were recently announced on the species that had been sitting in a fly collection since it was captured in 1981 — the same year pop diva Beyonce was born.

He says he wanted to pay respect to the insect's beauty by naming it Scaptia (Plinthina) beyonceae.

Lessard said Beyonce would be "in the nature history books forever" and that the fly now bearing her name is "pretty bootylicious" with its golden backside.

"Bootylicious" was the title of a song by Beyonce's previous group, Destiny's Child.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 01/18/12 10:53 AM.
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #630636
01/19/12 11:06 PM
01/19/12 11:06 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
New Bruce Springsteen album coming out!

WRECKING BALL cames out March 6. Earlier today The Boss released the setlist and the album's first single "We Take Care Of Our Own," which I must admit is actually pretty good.

Quote:
1."We Take Care of Our Own"
2."Easy Money"
3."Shackled and Down"
4."Jack of All Trades"
5."Death to My Hometown"
6."The Depression"
7."Wrecking Ball"
8."You’ve Got It"
9."Rocky Ground"
10."Land of Hope and Dreams"
11."We Are Live"
12."Swallowed Up" (iTunes Bonus Track)
13."American Land" (iTunes Bonus Track)

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 01/19/12 11:07 PM.
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #630669
01/20/12 08:58 AM
01/20/12 08:58 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

Quote:
The path to a career in classical music often passes through Carnegie Hall. The stop is usually an appearance with a major orchestra or a debut recital, often financed by patrons, institutions or the artist. Sometimes Carnegie itself presents the performer.
Lola Astanova, 26, will play Chopin, Rachmaninoff and Scriabin at her Carnegie debut. She also sees fashion as “a way to express yourself artistically.”
On Thursday evening the Uzbekistan-born pianist Lola Astanova will make her Carnegie debut in a benefit for the American Cancer Society. But Ms. Astanova — 26, little known in the classical world, and given to provocative poses and scanty outfits — will do it her own way, with an eye-popping brew of publicity, image making and celebrity stroking.

A benefit performance is not a rarity of course. But Ms. Astanova, her publicists say, will be borrowing $850,000 in jewelry for the event from Tiffany & Company, a concert sponsor. And she will be playing one of Vladimir Horowitz’s Steinway pianos.

Lola Astanova

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #630782
01/20/12 09:08 PM
01/20/12 09:08 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Zappa, evidently, was not a huge KISS fan.

Quote:
Schneckloth: What about those who feel that synthesizer, and electric instruments in general, somehow detract from the humanity of the music being played?
Zappa: Let me tell you something about that kind of thinking. People who worry about that are worried about their own image as a person performing on the instrument. In other words, the instrument is merely a subterfuge in order for the musician to communicate his own personal, succulent grandeur to the audience--which to me is a disservice to the music as an art form. It's the ego of the performer transcending the instrument. Now when you start talking about humanity--who cares about that? If you're going to play music, I think the music is important. And I think the guys that say this makes it less human aren't really talking about the feel of the music, they're talking about something that's going to get in the way of the audience understanding how swell they are. You've seen soloists get up there--they're not playing music, they're playing their egos out. And there are whole bands of people who get together to do nothing but explain to the audience through their instruments how fabulous they are. Well, who gives a shit? I don't want to go and see somebody's deep inner hurt in a live performance. I don't want to hear their personal turmoil on a record, either. I like music.

Schneckloth: Can't it be a moving thing to hear somebody express his soul through, say, a very sad-sounding trumpet solo?
Zappa: I don't care about souls; that's the Maharishi's department. See, I take a real cold view about that stuff. I think that music works because of psycho-acoustical things--like the way in which a line will interact with the harmonic climate that's backing it up. And all the rest of it is subjective on behalf of the listener. Maybe you WANTED to hear a sad trumpet solo, but it wouldn't be sad unless the notes he was playing were interacting in a certain way against the background. The best test is: if it was a 24-track recording, take the same trumpet solo, change the chord progression behind it, and see if it sounds sad any more. People see and hear what they want to see and hear. If you're in the mood, or have a deep, personal need for sad music or soul-searching or sensitivity in that stuff, you'll find it wherever it is. You'll go into an art gallery and be totally amazed by the things you see, whereas I might go into the gallery and go hah? This is a gross example, but say a person buys a Kiss album and listens to it and has a moving experience from it. I mean, are they wrong?

Schneckloth: Well, people go crazy at their concerts, and that may be understandable.
Zappa: I'm not talking about their concerts. Take the fire bombs away, take the blood capsules and the rest of that stuff away. Just listen to the record. There are people who listen to the records and get off on them.

Zappa Interview

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: Lilo] #630850
01/21/12 11:33 AM
01/21/12 11:33 AM
California

California
I really have never quite figured out what this song is about but I just love it. It makes me do cartwheels across the floor. lol Remember the "Nero" look? Isn't that what they called the jackets? Ha ha I don't even remember if Procol Harum was an English or American group.

TIS

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #630931
01/21/12 06:44 PM
01/21/12 06:44 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

This is what i found on Wiki TIS..

"Reid got the title and the starting point for the song at a party. He overheard someone at the party saying to a woman, "You've turned a whiter shade of pale," and the phrase stuck in his mind.[7][8] The original lyrics had four verses, of which only two are heard on the original recording. The third verse has been heard in live performances by Procol Harum, and more seldom also the fourth.[9] The author of Procol Harum: beyond the pale, Claes Johansen, suggests that the song "deals in metaphorical form with a male/female relationship which after some negotiation ends in a sexual act."[8] This is supported by Tim de Lisle in Lives of the Great Songs, who remarks that the lyrics concern a drunken seduction, which is described through references to sex as a form of travel, usually nautical, using mythical and literary journeys.[10] Other observers have also commented that the lyrics concern a sexual relationship.[7]"

*Content taken Wikipedia
Whiter shade of pale

Great song by the way.. smile

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: DE NIRO] #630935
01/21/12 07:47 PM
01/21/12 07:47 PM
California

California
Thanks for the link DeNiro. smile

Considering the era in which it was released, all travel references could definitely be a "trip" of one kind or another that's for sure. lol All that being said, I'm with you, it IS a great song. If I'm not mistaken, it was last used in the movie, "The Big Chill."

smile
TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/21/12 07:48 PM.

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #630936
01/21/12 07:50 PM
01/21/12 07:50 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Hey, TIS - (sorry for off topic!) Don't forget that Lifetime Movie tonight about Drew Peterson!

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: Mark] #630940
01/21/12 08:08 PM
01/21/12 08:08 PM
California

California
Oh I forgot. When is it on, do you know off hand? Tonight? confused (not that it won't be repeated a hundred times) LOL

Nevermind, I see your post says tonight. Damn, I forgot. I want to see Alcatraz too. I'm torn.

Edit again: Oh good Alcatraz is NOT on today. I must have the day wrong. smile

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/21/12 08:13 PM.

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #631098
01/23/12 12:35 AM
01/23/12 12:35 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
You know what song she should cover? "Money."

Katy Perry re-releasing remixed Teenage Dream

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2012/01/katy-perry-readies-teenage-dream-rerelease/#more-61391

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #631300
01/24/12 01:39 AM
01/24/12 01:39 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Opps?

Quote:

Giving his opinion of the US in the Sixties on new BBC show How The Brits Rocked America, Paul McCartney, 69, claimed: “We felt it was a little bit backwards.”

Sir Paul will have to do some explaining at home to his New Yorker wife Nancy or keep her out of the room while the show is on.

The couple, who married in October last year in London and spend most of their time in the US, may be forced to deal with a fair few retorts, especially after Sir Paul went on to declare: “They were a little bit in the dark ages so [The Beatles] were very unusual. When we went on The Ed Sullivan Show that was really over the edge.”

http://www.express.co.uk/features/view/297523

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #631433
01/25/12 02:06 AM
01/25/12 02:06 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Cocaine and Multi-million dollar fortunes don't mix well.

Whitney Houston Is ‘Broke As A Joke’

Quote:
The Bodyguard star, 48, who sought help for her crack addiction last year, has lost her fortune, a source close to the singer exclusively revealed.

Whitney Houston Through The Years

“Whitney’s fortune is gone,” the source said. “Music industry heavy hitters are supporting her and her label is fronting her cash against her next album, but no one knows when that will be released.”

The six-time Grammy winner has blown through an enormous fortune that she amassed over decades of stardom.

Bobby Brown Passed Out On Flight

“She might be homeless if not for people saving her. She is broke as a joke.”

Bobby Brown’s ex-wife’s financial woes have her so cash strapped she’s been begging friends for help.

Hollywood Stars Who Have Been To Rehab

“She called someone to ask for $100,” the source said.

“It is so sad. She should have Mariah Carey money, and she’s flat broke.”

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/01/whitney-houston-financial-problems-broke-bobby-brown

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #631588
01/26/12 09:38 AM
01/26/12 09:38 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Her 18th Week at #1 Gives Her Longest Run Since Whitney Houston Soundtrack

So what else is new? For the 18th non-consecutive week, XL/Columbia Grammy darling Adele’s 21 will be the #1 album. That’s based on one-day sales reports from those on and offline retailers who haven’t closed shop to set up Newt Gingrich campaign headquarters.

Adele’s chart-topping performance will send her past Billy Ray Cyrus’ Some Gave All, with 17, and turn her sights to the Bodyguard soundtrack, which logged a total of 20 weeks at #1, ending on May 29, 1993, the longest previous run.

(source: Daily Double)

Quote:
Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain" takes over atop the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart, dethroning Rihanna's "We Found Love," featuring Calvin Harris, after 10 weeks and making history in the process.

As Adele's set "21" leads the Billboard 200 album chart for a 17th week, "Fire" is the third single to top the Hot 100 while "21" has sat atop the album tally. First single "Rolling in the Deep" began a seven-week Hot 100 reign the week of May 21, 2011, when "21" was in its sixth week in charge of the Billboard 200.

Follow-up "Someone Like You" crowned the Hot 100 the week of Sept. 17, 2011. In the song's fifth and final week at No. 1 (Nov. 5), "21" returned to the Billboard 200 apex for a 13th frame.

With "21" at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 four another four weeks as of this week, "Fire" (Adele's third career Hot 100 topper) makes the set the first by a single artist to have led the Billboard 200 concurrently with three Hot 100 No. 1s. (Source: Billboard)

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 01/26/12 09:40 AM.
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull