GangsterBB.NET
Who's Online
10 registered (mldetroit, Christy_Tic, GottisGirl, sbhc, olivant, TommyGambino, DiMaggio, blacksheep, TheAustralian, 1 invisible), 78 Guests and 37 Spiders online.
Shout Box

Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Gina's Artroom
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
>Gangster TV Listings

>MobPosters.com
>Puzo Amazon Store
>Ebay: Godfather
>Ebay: Scarface

>Live Chatroom
Wanna help out?

More from MobPosters.com

Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday AD.
Today on TV
August 23, 3:27 am
Time (ET) Movie Chan
Unable to connect to DB
Newest Members
Butane, AZ, woofwoof2020, Brighter, Don_Fultiano23
8569 Registered Users
Top Posters
Irishman12 54605
DE NIRO 42878
J Geoff 30309
The Italian Stallionette 24857
SC 21931
Mignon 18738
pizzaboy 18388
Don Cardi 18185
Sicilian Babe 17199
Turnbull 16670
plawrence 15058
Beth E 14900
Forum Stats
8569 Members
20 Forums
30175 Topics
772688 Posts

Max Online: 663 @ 05/27/12 05:37 PM
Topic Options
#627769 - 01/04/12 06:12 AM Lilyhammer (Netflix original series)
J Geoff Offline
The Don

Loc: New Jersey, USA

Another good reason to try out Netflix, if you don't already have it:

After he testifies against a Mafia boss, ex-gangster Frank Tagliano enters the witness protection program and asks to be sent to Norway. Despite the peaceful surroundings, it's not long before Frank strays from the straight and narrow.

Netflix locks release date for mobster series "Lilyhammer"
Quote:
By Kurt Orzeck | Reuters – 10 hrs ago

LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Netflix is no longer hunting down a release date for "Lilyhammer," its new original series starring Steven Van Zandt as a mobster in witness protection. The first eight episodes of the comedy-drama's first season will be available for online streaming in the U.S., Canada and Latin America starting February 6.

Netflix had said it was planning a first-quarter rollout for the show, in which the E Street Band guitarist plays a mobster reminiscent of his "Sopranos" character, Silvio Dante.

The one-hour show -- which is set in Lillehammer, Norway, where New York transplant Frank "The Fixer" Tagliano tries to make a new life for himself -- was developed by and is a production of Norway's Rubicon TV AS. "Lilyhammer" will also air on Norwegian TV, Netflix Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos recently told TheWrap.

"It's a very quirky, funny, serious show that I think people are really going to love," he said. "It's a really fun thing to watch, because it is a really familiar character in a totally unfamiliar place. It's 'Northern Exposure' meets 'Sopranos.' "

"I am very careful with my choices and this project was so exciting to me because of the wonderful writing, the rich characters and the fascinating culture of Norway," Van Zandt, who is also executive producing the show, said in a statement. "Netflix is the perfect home for such a unique show."

Among the other original series Netflix has planned is David Fincher's "House of Cards," due in the fourth quarter or early 2013. The company is also planning to relaunch "Arrested Development" next year.

"Lilyhammer" was created by Anne Bjornstad and Eilif Skodvin and developed by Rubicon TV AS. It was written by Bjornstad, Skodvin and Van Zandt.

I'll let you know how it is. Or, Try Netflix for free (if the link works)

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | FourSquare | Yelp | GetGlue | MapMyWalk

#627772 - 01/04/12 06:23 AM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
Dapper_Don Offline

Underboss

Loc: Bronx, New York
im looking forward to it, i liked silvio dante in the sopranos

#627883 - 01/04/12 09:14 PM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs

Underboss

Loc: Australia
This looks pretty interesting, its the first Ive heard of it.

Although I must say, Im torn between my love for Silvio Dante and the annoyance I'll likely feel with his wig again.

#627935 - 01/05/12 06:29 AM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
J Geoff Offline
The Don

Here's the trailor...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

#627996 - 01/05/12 06:28 PM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Loc: Throggs Neck
I guess Stevie isn't afraid of being typecast lol.

I'm looking forward to it, though.

#628141 - 01/06/12 08:08 AM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
phatmatress Offline

Underboss

Loc: pittsburgh pa
looks damn good thanks for sharing!

#628278 - 01/07/12 08:32 AM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
Mickey Meatballs

Underboss

This actually looks awesome, but why does he have to wear the wig? Is Little Stevie bald under that bandanna or what?

‘Little Steven’ lands big role in Norway
March 29, 2010

Steven Van Zandt, who moved on from Bruce Springsteen’s band to play a gangster on “The Sopranos” TV series, looks set for a new run of sorts. He’s been cast as a gangster again, this time in a new series being made for Norwegian Broadcasting (NRK).

Steven Van Zandt PHOTO: Wikipedia
“I missed my gangster,” Van Zandt told newspaper Aftenposten last week. He also appeared on the popular Scandinavian talk show Skavlan Friday night, to chat about his new role.

He says he’ll play a new gangster character, a New York mafia boss who “gets into trouble” with his higher-ups and needs to disappear. He takes part in a witness protection program and agrees to be relocated to Lillehammer in Norway, “because he loves winter sports” and had seen Lillehammer on TV when it hosted the Winter Olympics.

The series, called an action comedy, will be called “Lilyhammer,” a reflection of the town’s mispronunciation by many non-Norwegians, and filming will begin in January. Producer Trond Berg Nilsen claimed it will be a “quality” series that hopefully will appeal to an international audience.

“Even though he’s been a mafia boss in New York, he winds up as an immigrant in Norway and experiences absurd situations and cultural collisions,” Berg Nilsen told Aftenposten.

Van Zandt, who has performed in Norway several times and works with Scandinavian bands, said he’s delighted to play a part. “It’s a good script, a good role … and I just couldn’t give up the gangster role,” he told Aftenposten.

He also remains keen on Norwegian and Scandinavian music, claiming on the Skavlan show that Scandinavia is producing some of the best rock and roll music in the business at present.

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2010/03/29/little-steven-lands-big-role-in-norway/

#628281 - 01/07/12 11:40 AM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica]
SC Offline
Consigliere

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
This actually looks awesome, but why does he have to wear the wig? Is Little Stevie bald under that bandanna or what?

Yes. When he was younger he was involved in a car accident and his scalp was damaged.... he lost his hair as a result.

#628314 - 01/07/12 09:13 PM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
Mickey Meatballs

Underboss

Oh.

#628315 - 01/07/12 09:13 PM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
Mickey Meatballs

Underboss

Guess that makes me a bit of a dick.

#632318 - 01/30/12 06:23 AM Lilyhammer (Netflix original series)
IvyLeague Offline

- Walter White

#632320 - 01/30/12 06:44 AM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
IvyLeague Offline

Sorry for the double post in the other thread. I did a search for it and nothing came up. confused

- Walter White

#632321 - 01/30/12 06:47 AM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
J Geoff Offline
The Don

It happens wink

#632323 - 01/30/12 07:04 AM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED

Underboss

Loc: The Jokers Social Club
I think him making that big stupid ugly face has gotten a little old.

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."

#632900 - 02/03/12 10:42 AM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
AmericanCrime Offline

Capo
Excited to see this honestly. It's a unique take on the gangster genre. Really interesting stuff.

#633435 - 02/07/12 12:17 AM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
J Geoff Offline
The Don

This started up today via streaming -- can't wait to do a marathon! Pretty good reviews so far on Netflix....

#634399 - 02/12/12 06:33 AM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
Nova24 Offline

Made Member
Watched the first episode. Not very good so far.

#634405 - 02/12/12 07:30 AM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED

Underboss

Loc: The Jokers Social Club
I wonder if he ever changes facial expressions while banging his wife or goomahs.

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."

#638795 - 03/07/12 08:54 PM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
Chopper2012 Offline

Capo

Loc: Amsterdam
Anyone else watching this at the moment? Watched the first two episodes, not really impressed yet, although it has its funny moments.

#638864 - 03/08/12 11:18 AM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
phatmatress Offline

Underboss

Loc: pittsburgh pa
the first two were the best...it just gets worse

#638865 - 03/08/12 11:47 AM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
Chopper2012 Offline

Capo

Loc: Amsterdam
Yeah the second episode ends with the cops thinking 'Silvio' was some kind of terrorist? Didn't really capture me.

#639288 - 03/10/12 06:44 PM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
J Geoff Offline
The Don

I haven't started yet - I keep forgetting!

#762722 - 02/09/14 05:54 PM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
afriendofours Offline

Made Member
Im on the last episode of series 1, i thought it was pretty decent.

The series is pretty much just Silvio Dante in Norway/Witness Protection.

Worth a watch overall.

Edited by afriendofours (02/09/14 05:54 PM)

#764598 - 02/19/14 05:37 PM Re: Lilyhammer (Netflix original series) [Re: J Geoff]
Dago_From_Chicago Offline

Wiseguy
its good, i like it.

Moderator:  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC