GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (joepuzzles234), 124 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,203
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 53 of 90 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 89 90
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #984478
01/12/20 01:07 AM
01/12/20 01:07 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Was: Revis_Island
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted by Irishman12
With 2019 coming to a close, here's my top ten list for the year. Curious what some of yours looks like:

1) JOKER
2) MIDSOMMAR
3) AVENGERS: ENDGAME
4) ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD
5) THE IRISHMAN
6) SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME
7) IT: CHAPTER TWO
8) STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER
9) KNIVES OUT
10) READY OR NOT

Spider-Man was that good? I have not seen it yet but am looking forward to it.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #984479
01/12/20 01:13 AM
01/12/20 01:13 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
That netflix documentary Don’t fuck with Cats is really interesting. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. It’s a crime documentary kind of along the lines of making a murderer and others. People who treat their pets(animals in general) that way have no place in this world in my opinion.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #984497
01/12/20 04:01 PM
01/12/20 04:01 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Just watched a movie from 2018

RAMPAGE

It was pretty good, very entertaining and fun , Rocks friend.... the Huge Gorilla was very cool.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Revis_Knicks] #984510
01/12/20 06:41 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by Revis_Knicks
With 2019 coming to a close, here's my top ten list for the year. Curious what some of yours looks like:

1) JOKER
2) MIDSOMMAR
5) THE IRISHMAN
9) KNIVES OUT
10) READY OR NOT

I thought so, it was fun. I need to rewatch it so this was after just one viewing. I'd have to update my list anyway. Would take out KNIVES OUT and READY OR NOT and add LUCY IN THE SKY and 1917, since I've seen both since I created this list.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #984511
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by DuesPaid

RAMPAGE

It was pretty good, very entertaining and fun , Rocks friend.... the Huge Gorilla was very cool.

I remember watching that. It was a fun ride. Good popcorn flick. The Rock was good but the stealer for me was Jeffrey Dean Morgan and his southern drawl.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #984516
01/12/20 11:54 PM
01/12/20 11:54 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by DuesPaid

RAMPAGE

I remember watching that. It was a fun ride. Good popcorn flick. The Rock was good but the stealer for me was Jeffrey Dean Morgan and his southern drawl.

Yes. It was Fun, Negan was Awesome Too!

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #984545
01/13/20 01:51 PM
01/13/20 01:51 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I didn’t go through the past pages and check, but has anybody here seen The Joker? I find it really intriguing and from what I can tell Joaquin Phoenix seems totally into the part. Another question, I’m not a huge Batman fan at all but loved The Dark Knight because of Heath Ledger’s fantastic performance, so maybe a dumb question but this is the same joker in relationship to Batman? And I am assuming it’s telling his story of how he got to be the joker. Am I correct? I have HBO on it’s coming on this month, and I think I’m going to check it out

Also, what about “Once Upon Time In Hollywood?” I have to admit the music is appealing and I’m guessing I’ll be able to relate to the era. Has anyone seen it?

😀

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/13/20 01:51 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #984549
01/13/20 02:10 PM
01/13/20 02:10 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by The Italian Stallionette
I didn’t go through the past pages and check, but has anybody here seen The Joker? I find it really intriguing and from what I can tell Joaquin Phoenix seems totally into the part. Another question, I’m not a huge Batman fan at all but loved The Dark Knight because of Heath Ledger’s fantastic performance, so maybe a dumb question but this is the same joker in relationship to Batman? And I am assuming it’s telling his story of how he got to be the joker. Am I correct? I have HBO on it’s coming on this month, and I think I’m going to check it out

Also, what about “Once Upon Time In Hollywood?” I have to admit the music is appealing and I’m guessing I’ll be able to relate to the era. Has anyone seen it?

😀

TIS

Yes TIS, I've seen both. To answer your questions about JOKER, it was my favorite movie of last year and if the Academy doesn't give Joaquin Phoenix the Oscar, they're robbing him of it. I was apprehensive when I first heard the project announced, figuring DC/Warner Bros. would screw it up. But once Joaquin was attached, I became more interested. I saw it twice in the theaters and once since then and have absolutely loved it! A truly powerful film. And yes, this is the Joker in relation to Batman but different than Ledger's Joker. This film is more about the Joker and not about Batman, so don't go in to it expecting action or to see a lot of Batman as this is a character study of how the Joker became the way he is.

As for ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD, again, I've seen it multiple times and enjoyed it. It's on my Top Ten list of 2019 films. I love anything Tarantino so I'm a little biased. It's not his best film but it's far from his worse (it's somewhere in the middle). Definitely worth checking out IMO.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #984586
01/13/20 10:25 PM
01/13/20 10:25 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss

😀

TIS

It was a great movie like Irish said. Once upon a time in Hollywood was also great. Both are two of my favorite movies of the year right behind The Irishman. Another movie I loved was marriage story.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #984587
01/13/20 10:29 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss

1) JOKER
2) MIDSOMMAR
5) THE IRISHMAN
9) KNIVES OUT
10) READY OR NOT

I thought so, it was fun. I need to rewatch it so this was after just one viewing. I'd have to update my list anyway. Would take out KNIVES OUT and READY OR NOT and add LUCY IN THE SKY and 1917, since I've seen both since I created this list.

Is it true that they are not making another Spider-Man movie with Holland? I think I read that somewhere. Also, did anyone see the Oscar nominations? What are everyone’s thoughts?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #984588
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
I saw the HBO new Jason Bateman show. The Outsiders is the name of it. Very interesting so far! Between this and Don’t Fuck with Cats documentary(GREAT watch) on Netflix I am pretty satisfied with the true crime drama this year.

Last edited by Revis_Knicks; 01/13/20 10:31 PM.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Revis_Knicks] #984590
01/13/20 10:45 PM
01/13/20 10:45 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I saw previews of the Jason Bateman series and it looked pretty good. How many episodes have I missed?

😀

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 01/13/20 10:46 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #984592
01/13/20 11:43 PM
01/13/20 11:43 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
ELVIS: THAT'S THE WAY IT IS (1970)

About half of this documentary shows The King, in great shape physically and vocally, rehearsing at an MGM studio for his big Vegas shows with a terrific band including Charlie Hodge, Glen Hardin, Jerry Scheff, Ronnie Tutt, John Wilkenson, and lead by the immortal James Burton, possibly the greatest guitar sideman ever. Two backup choruses join him. Elvis is relaxed, horsing around, but sings brilliantly. The band is fantastic. The second half a composite of shows in Vegas and Phoenix, with a gigantic musical entourage--if he got a million bucks per performance, he'd probably have kept $49.50 after paying everyone off. I thought he sang better in the rehearsals, but it's the show that counts. Here you get to see the Master Showman at his best: confident, in complete control, kissing the gals, walking into the audience, just slaying his fans. Very good. Never be another like him.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Revis_Knicks] #984613
01/14/20 02:48 PM
01/14/20 02:48 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro

1) JOKER
2) MIDSOMMAR
5) THE IRISHMAN
9) KNIVES OUT
10) READY OR NOT

Is it true that they are not making another Spider-Man movie with Holland? I think I read that somewhere. Also, did anyone see the Oscar nominations? What are everyone’s thoughts?

Originally it was reported that no, he was not going to play Spider-Man again and that Disney wouldn't work with Sony on it (Sony owns the rights to the character). But things got sorted out, at least for one more film so there will be a third Spider-Man film with Tom Holland in it.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #984614
01/14/20 02:49 PM
01/14/20 02:49 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
I saw the HBO new Jason Bateman show. The Outsiders is the name of it. Very interesting so far! Between this and Don’t Fuck with Cats documentary(GREAT watch) on Netflix I am pretty satisfied with the true crime drama this year.

Watched episode one on Sunday and episode two yesterday. It definitely has my attention. I haven't read the book but so far I'm invested. Hoping it can sustain and finish as well as it opene

I saw previews of the Jason Bateman series and it looked pretty good. How many episodes have I missed?

😀

TIS

They aired 2 episodes on Sunday and now it'll be once a week so you're only 2 behind.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #984617
01/14/20 06:07 PM
01/14/20 06:07 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
I haven’t read the book either but I really enjoyed both episodes so far.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #984669
01/15/20 06:09 PM
01/15/20 06:09 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
What are some movies that everyone is looking forward to this year?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #984802
01/17/20 07:06 PM
01/17/20 07:06 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
BAD BOYS FOR LIFE

A very entertaining and satisfying conclusion to this trilogy spanning the last 25 years. Martin Lawrence and Will Smith are back to their old tricks again as Detectives Marcus Burnett and Mike Lowrey (respectively). The story follows the 2 aging detectives: Lawrence who's ready to hang it up and retire, while Lowrey still has the need for speeds, action, and women. While enjoying a night on the town, Lowrey is shot and left clinging for his life. Luckily it's not his time yet as he seeks revenge. But he has to go it alone with a new team titled AMMO, as Lawrence makes good on his desire to retire. I'm glad they were able to recast some old faces from previous BAD BOYS films, and while this was an enjoyable and fun ride, it beats out the sequel BAD BOYS II, but can't faze the original. I'm sure this is the end of the road for both characters and it was a nice send off. 6/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #984859
01/18/20 06:34 PM
01/18/20 06:34 PM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
BAD BOYS FOR LIFE

A very entertaining and satisfying conclusion to this trilogy spanning the last 25 years. Martin Lawrence and Will Smith are back to their old tricks again as Detectives Marcus Burnett and Mike Lowrey (respectively). The story follows the 2 aging detectives: Lawrence who's ready to hang it up and retire, while Lowrey still has the need for speeds, action, and women. While enjoying a night on the town, Lowrey is shot and left clinging for his life. Luckily it's not his time yet as he seeks revenge. But he has to go it alone with a new team titled AMMO, as Lawrence makes good on his desire to retire. I'm glad they were able to recast some old faces from previous BAD BOYS films, and while this was an enjoyable and fun ride, it beats out the sequel BAD BOYS II, but can't faze the original. I'm sure this is the end of the road for both characters and it was a nice send off. 6/10

I read that they are moving forward with a 4th one.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Revis_Knicks] #984916
01/19/20 02:58 PM
01/19/20 02:58 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
BAD BOYS FOR LIFE

I read that they are moving forward with a 4th one.

I read that too and honestly, I'm surprised. 8 years between movies 1 & 2 and then 17 years between parts 2 & 3. I think it's fine as a trilogy. Now they're just being greedy.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #984917
01/19/20 04:09 PM
01/19/20 04:09 PM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
This weekend I went to see Ford vs. Ferrari and watched Last Rampage on Netflix. I took my youngest to Ford vs. Ferrari to spark an interest in race cars. He stayed awake for the whole thing and was cheering and mimicking shifting gears same as me. I would recommend it.
Last Rampage was just a random pick. I found it disturbing how Fucked up a father can be. It turns out it's a true story which makes it even more Fucked up. But, it was a good movie. T-1000 did a great job portraying the wicked father.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #985151
01/22/20 09:48 PM
01/22/20 09:48 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
PARASITE

This is a wonderful movie! My first Korean film (I think) and it was a lot of fun. Funny, tragic, completely original and a deep commentary on the class system and what this family was willing to do to have a better life. The story follows a poor family in South Korea. The son is asked by a friend of his to take over the tutoring of his wealthy student while he studies abroad himself. The son does and in the process, attempts to get his family all jobs themselves, all under the guise that they don't really know each other. It should win the Oscar for Best Foreign Film in my opinion. Looking forward to another viewing! If you get the opportunity at any point, this is definitely worth a watch! 7.5/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #985233
01/23/20 11:17 PM
01/23/20 11:17 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

PARASITE

This is a wonderful movie! My first Korean film (I think) and it was a lot of fun. Funny, tragic, completely original and a deep commentary on the class system and what this family was willing to do to have a better life. The story follows a poor family in South Korea. The son is asked by a friend of his to take over the tutoring of his wealthy student while he studies abroad himself. The son does and in the process, attempts to get his family all jobs themselves, all under the guise that they don't really know each other. It should win the Oscar for Best Foreign Film in my opinion. Looking forward to another viewing! If you get the opportunity at any point, this is definitely worth a watch! 7.5/10

I've watched a good few Korean movies over the past two months. Parasite was good but not the best I've seen. I can recommend a few that are, arguably, better.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #985249
01/24/20 12:33 PM
01/24/20 12:33 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
THE GENTLEMEN

Guy Ritchie is back to his old tricks and this film is more in the vein of LOCK, STOCK AND TWO SMOKING BARRELS and SNATCH. However, compared to those, this film desperately tries to recreate the magic of those films but fails in its attempt. As Ritchie is known for, many characters to introduce at the beginning, followed by a lot of misdirection before the final reveal. While it has an impressive cast and McConaughey star shines the brightest, the film was too loquacious for me. Most of the film is told from Hugh Grants POV, who plays an investigative journalist, who's blackmailing McConaughey via his right hand man, Ray (played by Charlie Hunnam). The film will either grip you or leave you bored. And while I wasn't entirely bored, I was somewhat ready for the credits to roll earlier than I would have wished. 5.5/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Moe_Tilden] #985250
01/24/20 12:34 PM
01/24/20 12:34 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
PARASITE

I've watched a good few Korean movies over the past two months. Parasite was good but not the best I've seen. I can recommend a few that are, arguably, better.

Which do you recommend?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #985260
01/24/20 02:48 PM
01/24/20 02:48 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

PARASITE

Which do you recommend?

The Wailing, I Saw the Devil and Memories of Murder are all excellent. The Chaser's pretty good too.

I'd start with The Wailing first. Emotional rollercoaster of a movie that reaches an epic crescendo in the last third. A few of the most terrifying scenes I've ever seen in a movie too, up there with any horror.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #985277
01/24/20 05:31 PM
01/24/20 05:31 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Thanks. i had never heard of I SAW THE DEVIL but heard it made some Top Ten lists for best horror films of the 2010's and I'm a huge horror fan! I'll have to see if i can track these down and add it to the ever growing list.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #985330
01/25/20 06:04 PM
01/25/20 06:04 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
THE TURNING

This is slow burn of a film that often repeats the same scenes but doesn't go anywhere with the finale. Usually even if the film is bad, there's at least a payout in the end. None here. Plot holes, with an ending that's ambiguous and that'll leave you with more questions than answers after sitting through this 94-minute piece of garbage. A film with a very weak story that even actors such as Mackenzie Davis and Finn Wolfhard can't do anything with or shine at all. I only hope the payday was worth it for these 2. Very reminiscent of a messy school project that was done the night before just to have something to turn in. 3/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #985336
01/25/20 06:10 PM
01/25/20 06:10 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

THE TURNING

This is slow burn of a film that often repeats the same scenes but doesn't go anywhere with the finale. Usually even if the film is bad, there's at least a payout in the end. None here. Plot holes, with an ending that's ambiguous and that'll leave you with more questions than answers after sitting through this 94-minute piece of garbage. A film with a very weak story that even actors such as Mackenzie Davis and Finn Wolfhard can't do anything with or shine at all. I only hope the payday was worth it for these 2. Very reminiscent of a messy school project that was done the night before just to have something to turn in. 3/10

That kid really annoys me. The It remake was a steaming pile of garbage and he was one of the many reasons why.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Moe_Tilden] #985339
01/25/20 06:13 PM
01/25/20 06:13 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
THE TURNING

That kid really annoys me. The It remake was a steaming pile of garbage and he was one of the many reasons why.

Really? I really enjoyed his performances in both parts of IT (thought he was one of the bright spots as Richie actually). And I've enjoyed him playing Mike on STRANGER THINGS. Oh well, to each his own. We all have our opinions and are entitled to them. But yes, THE TURNING, avoid at all costs!

Page 53 of 90 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 89 90

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull