GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 94 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,332
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,698
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,500
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,276
Posts1,057,663
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 91 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 90 91
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #960854
01/05/19 01:50 PM
01/05/19 01:50 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by DuesPaid
Originally Posted by Irishman12
ESCAPE ROOM was better than I was anticipating. I felt it had a lackluster of an ending but prior to that, it was a pretty fun, and at times, pulse raising ride. Not overly grotesque as it's PG-13 and while I can't endorse everyone to see it at the theater, I would recommend catching it when it's available on a streaming service/HBO.

I’ll check this with the crew.
So far no one heard of it yet but we are usually late on the scene.

It didn't have a big marketing campaign. Really just saw previews before other movies.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Irishman12] #960863
01/05/19 04:00 PM
01/05/19 04:00 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Mr. Church// Netflix,,Eddie Murphy in a non comedic very serious role that was entertaining as a gentleman who was hired as a cook/caretaker of a woman who has cancer & dying as well as her young daughter in tow who @ 1rst doesn't conform to the adjustment ,then become close after the mother 's death(played by Natasha McElone of Californication fame)...no spoiler alert here, so if ur passing time , I recommend it for a feel good movie.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: hoodlum] #960865
01/05/19 04:02 PM
01/05/19 04:02 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by hoodlum
Mr. Church// Netflix,,Eddie Murphy in a non comedic very serious role that was entertaining as a gentleman who was hired as a cook/caretaker of a woman who has cancer & dying as well as her young daughter in tow who @ 1rst doesn't conform to the adjustment ,then become close after the mother 's death(played by Natasha McElone of Californication fame)...no spoiler alert here, so if ur passing time , I recommend it for a feel good movie.

I watched that with my ex-girlfriend. One of the benefits of her refusing to watch horror movies or movies with violence in them is that every now and then I'd come across something like this that I'd never watch otherwise.

Pretty good movie IIRC.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #960874
01/05/19 04:28 PM
01/05/19 04:28 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Nice.... we will check it out.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #960931
01/06/19 01:17 PM
01/06/19 01:17 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I re-watched the original "The Mummy" (1933) for the umpteenth time. A very high-class production, with a great script, brilliant acting by Karloff in the title role, and tasteful, convincing sets. More a love story than horror, it scares by suggestion rather than by hitting you over the head with gruesome scenes. Perhaps the best of the great 1930's monster/horror films.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Turnbull] #960952
01/06/19 04:21 PM
01/06/19 04:21 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by Turnbull
I re-watched the original "The Mummy" (1933) for the umpteenth time. A very high-class production, with a great script, brilliant acting by Karloff in the title role, and tasteful, convincing sets. More a love story than horror, it scares by suggestion rather than by hitting you over the head with gruesome scenes. Perhaps the best of the great 1930's monster/horror films.

I love movies from the 1930's. I'd also add DRACULA, FRANKENSTEIN and THE INVISIBLE MAN to this list.

I saw BUMBLEBEE yesterday. I went in with some high expectations after the amount of positive reviews the film garnered and while it was an enjoyable, at times heartfelt, nostalgic film, by the end of it I was kind of burnt out (either from the movie itself or the TRANSFORMERS franchise as a whole). Not a bad film in any sense and definitely better than probably the last 3 or 4 installments of the franchise, but I could go a few more years without another.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #961180
01/09/19 09:37 AM
01/09/19 09:37 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #961194
01/09/19 02:20 PM
01/09/19 02:20 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Not a bad list. I've seen about half of them:

-SLENDER MAN - Yes, was terrible and that's what I expected going in to it. Nothing redeeming about it. Avoid it at all costs.

-TRUTH OR DARE - Another film that I knew was going to be terrible going in to and it didn't disappoint. I have both MoviePass and AMC A-List so I take flyers on these types of films but yes, they're both bad. TRUTH OR DARE not as bad as SLENDER MAN, but both are pretty awful.

-HALLOWEEN (2018) - I saw it once in the theater and once again recently. It got a lot of good reviews going in to it and while I thought it was a good movie, I wouldn't say it was great.

-ANNIHILATION - Very good movie with a mind trip of an ending. It's on my list for another watch but I wouldn't consider it a horror film really (more Sci-Fi).

-I haven't seen REVENGE or SUMMER OF '84 but they're both on my list.

-A QUIET PLACE was good as well. I hear they're making a sequel, which at this time, I'm kind of against. You don't see much of the monsters as it's left more up to your imagination.

-MANDY - I tried watching Monday night and I fell asleep during it. That's not at all a reflection on the movie. I tried watching a documentary last week and I fell asleep during that too. I think I'm just trying to get back on my sleep schedule. I'm hoping later this week/this weekend I can give it another shot but from what I did see, it is kind of a slowly paced movie.

-HEREDITARY was by far my favorite horror movie of last year and it's on my list for a second viewing. Looking forward to it again! Definitely this generation's ROSEMARY'S BABY!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #961453
01/12/19 02:36 PM
01/12/19 02:36 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
I rewatched UNBREKABLE last night and SPLIT today in anticipation of GLASS next week. UNBREAKABLE is such an underrated film and I feel gets over looked so much. The expectation for this when it came out, right after THE SIXTH SENSE, was unrealistic in my opinion (similar to JACKIE BROWN by Quentin Tarantino after his prior release of PULP FICTION). This was only my second time seeing SPLIT and while James McAvoy and Anya Taylor-Joy put in some great work, the movie as a whole I feel is just decent. Nothing exceptional. I've heard some bad reviews about GLASS already and I hope it's a good movie!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #961456
01/12/19 03:06 PM
01/12/19 03:06 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I, too, plan on watching Unbreakable again tonight in anticipation of watching Glass when it comes out.

Like you, I thought Split was no more than decent. Interesting concept and a great performance by James McAvoy but I felt it was a bit formulaic. Thought there could have been a better movie in there somewhere.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #961532
01/13/19 05:39 PM
01/13/19 05:39 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Just finished watching MANDY. A very enjoyable ride, visually beautiful and glad to see Nicholas Cage back with a hit. For me, I'd say the only negatives were the pacing was slow at times and I felt it could have used a better soundtrack. Not that the one used was bad but felt a better sound could have put this over more in my opinion. If you get the chance, check it out and see what everyone's talking about!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #961539
01/13/19 06:31 PM
01/13/19 06:31 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I watched Unbreakable and I thought it was good but there were a good few things I had problems with.

Off the top of my head it's a bit convenient that the person Samuel L. Jackson's been looking for all his life, his polar opposite and arch enemy, is right on his doorstep in the same city. The flashback scene where the old dude tells Samuel L. Jackson's character that if there ever was a fire on floors 1, 2 or 3, that everyone in the hotel they were drinking in would be burned alive was hackneyed. We discover that Bruce Willis's character has visions of people's indiscretions every time he brushes up against them, and at one point towards the end of the movie, in a terminal, every person he brushes against seems to be a rapist or murderer. And speaking of, one of these people, ends up playing a crucial role as a villain near the end of the movie that seems very tacked on almost as an afterthought.

I just thought the movie had a good premise but a lot of it was poorly written and cliched and I don't know if the twist works if you put any thought into it.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #961689
01/15/19 02:21 PM
01/15/19 02:21 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
I've been in the mood for some giallo's so last night I watched YOUR VICE IS A LOCKED ROOM AND ONLY I HAVE THE KEY. It was decent with a somewhat decent twist at the end. Was worn out of the cat meowing by the end of it honestly. The husband in the film, played by Luigi Pistilli, was a real piece of sh*t. But Edwige Fenech was absolutely stunning back in the day!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #961741
01/16/19 01:58 AM
01/16/19 01:58 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
I finally watched Gotti. Now I understand why it went straight to video.

Travolta gave a good performance. Although he overplayed Gotti, he still captured the guy's essence.

However, the story was so disjointed that I don't see how anyone other than Mafia aficionados could make heads or tails of it.

I expect much, much better from a Travolta movie.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: olivant] #961778
01/16/19 03:18 PM
01/16/19 03:18 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by olivant
I finally watched Gotti. Now I understand why it went straight to video.

Travolta gave a good performance. Although he overplayed Gotti, he still captured the guy's essence.

However, the story was so disjointed that I don't see how anyone other than Mafia aficionados could make heads or tails of it.

I expect much, much better from a Travolta movie.

Yeah it was pretty bad. I saw it in the theaters via MoviePass and as you said, the story was all over the place.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #961798
01/16/19 06:28 PM
01/16/19 06:28 PM
afriendofours Offline
Underboss
afriendofours  Offline
Underboss
I.D.(1995)

"Four policemen go undercover and infiltrate a gang of football hooligans hoping to root-out their leaders. For one of the four, the line between 'job' and 'yob' becomes more unclear as time"

6/10 - one of my favorite British movies, captures the football hooligan element of the 1980/90s here in the UK well at the time.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #961847
01/17/19 03:25 PM
01/17/19 03:25 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Watched EVIL EYE last night. An early one (1963), shot in black and white and featuring a very young John Saxon (to my surprise) and a very lovely Leticia Roman. This was my first introduction to Mario Bava's work and the film was taken seriously (unlike some of the other sleazy giallo's that I've seen - which I don't mind by the way). Just stating this wasn't in that same category. For me, giallo's hinge on the end of who the killer is and what his/her motive is and in this, I didn't buy in to it too much. A nicely shot film with a decent storyline. Thanks for the recommendation olivant!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #961878
01/18/19 12:25 PM
01/18/19 12:25 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
GLASS

I saw this last night and I absolutely loved it! I didn't read any reviews going in to it but I heard they weren't positive. I really don't understand why? The story was incredibly strong and engaging. The cast was all top notch. Shyamalan always has his twist at the end (which in this case, was actually 2). Definitely better than SPLIT and as good, if not better, than UNBREAKABLE. I'm sure the story will end here but if Shyamalan decided he wanted to continue it, I'd be down for some more. I know it's too early in the year but I could see this being in my Top 10 all year, or worst case scenario, an honorable mention by years end. Go see it! 7.5/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #961946
01/19/19 05:02 PM
01/19/19 05:02 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Some more giallo's I recently watched. I'd seen BLOOD AND BLACK LACE before and I understand it's hailed as one of the great giallo films and even though I did enjoy it more a second time around and I did like the reveal of who the killer is (which is somewhat rare in the horror genre) overall, I wasn't a huge fan of the film. I guess I'm into more of the trashy 1970's giallo's like TORSO and STRIP NUDE FOR YOUR KILLER. And I was mistaken earlier, EVIL EYE was not my introduction to Mario Bava as I'd seen BLOOD AND BLACK LACE before. I also watched THE THIRD EYE and I was not a fan at all. It was nice seeing Frank Nero (the original Django) as I've never seen his movies before; however, at least in my mind, giallo's are mostly of the "who done it" variety. Whereas with this film there's no surprise at all about who the killer is as it's established to the audience very early on in the film. I'll continue checking out the others you recommended olivant that I can track down.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #962007
01/20/19 05:42 PM
01/20/19 05:42 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
THE FORBIDDEN PHOTOS OF A LADY ABOVE SUSPICION is one of the better giallo films I've seen recently. A woman (played by Dagmar Lassander) trying to get off of drugs and alcohol, is blackmailed by a mysterious man to sleep with him after he provides evidence of her husband killing a co-worker. Once together, this mysterious man photographs the encounter to further blackmail her into sleeping with him. However, every time she goes to the police with evidence, the evidence disappears. Is she really imagining all of this? If not, why won't anyone believe her? It's streaming on Amazon and was recently released by Arrow this Tuesday on Blu-ray. Olivant, I tried watching A...FOR ASSASSIN but Amazon already removed it! mad Hopefully they put it up again soon. Other than that I think the only other one I was able to track down is FIVE DOLLS FOR AN AUGUST MOON (which I'll watch probably tomorrow).

Watched the Director's Cut of STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON last night (first time seeing this version of the film). Not a whole lot was added to it other than maybe some more nudity. However, this is definitely one of the better musical biopics in recent memory. These can be hit or miss for me. RAY I didn't care for, even though Jamie Foxx won an Oscar for it; NOTORIOUS and ALL EYEZ ON ME sucked IMO. Whereas STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON, WALK THE LINE and BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY are some of the better ones. Looking forward to ROCKETMAN later this year!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #962055
01/21/19 11:12 AM
01/21/19 11:12 AM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss
Over the weekend I watched Sergeant York (1941) and The Seven-Ups (1974) a good crime movie set in New York.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #962061
01/21/19 12:51 PM
01/21/19 12:51 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
I watched Glass. I am in agreement with you Irishman, despite the reviews, the movie is great. With its completion, it makes up the trilogy and makes it one of the best trilogies out there. The flaw of it is that it leaves the movie studios to make as many spinoffs as they want. Glass is a good movie that MNS has written in a long time.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #962070
01/21/19 01:38 PM
01/21/19 01:38 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
I watched Glass. I am in agreement with you Irishman, despite the reviews, the movie is great. With its completion, it makes up the trilogy and makes it one of the best trilogies out there. The flaw of it is that it leaves the movie studios to make as many spinoffs as they want. Glass is a good movie that MNS has written in a long time.

I agree. I've heard that he's done with these characters so there won't be a fourth but I hope the studio doesn't try to do any spinoffs. Leave it like it is. I think it could have ended any better.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #962289
01/24/19 03:26 PM
01/24/19 03:26 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
LET THE RIGHT ONE IN

So I'm a little late to the party on this one as this film was released back in 2008. It's a Swedish horror film about a young 12-year-old boy named Oskar who's being bullied at school. Eli moves in next door to him who says she's 12-years-old as well, however, there's a catch: she's a vampire. This is a beautiful story about love, companionship and finding ones self. Honestly, I loved this and am looking forward to seeing it again. It is an impactful movie that I endorse seeing if you're in the mood or able to track it down.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #962354
01/25/19 11:17 AM
01/25/19 11:17 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Let The Right One In is good. I do not care much for the remake, Let Me In.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #962367
01/25/19 01:44 PM
01/25/19 01:44 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Let The Right One In is good. I do not care much for the remake, Let Me In.

I'm not familiar with that. Is that an American version?

SERENITY

This movie is a mess from the jump. For almost the first act I was under the impression I was the victim of a bait-and-switch as the story shown during the previews (you know, Anne Hathaway trying to hire Matthew McConaughey to kill her abusive husband), was nowhere to be found. No, the entire first act subjects us to watch Matthew McConaughey miss out a few times on the big fish he's trying to catch, while simultaneously sleeping with Diane Lane. Almost to the point of feeling scammed, the story finally does pick up where it promised it would lead us. And in doing so, especially with the "big twist" in the script, this managed to pinch out one big, steamy pile of dog crap. The twist was completely out of left field and totally lame. I'm very disappointed in both Anne Hathaway and Matthew McConaughey as they're both Oscar winners and better than this. I wouldn't even advise a viewing of this when it comes to streaming or HBO. Hard pass! 3/10

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #962679
01/29/19 03:33 PM
01/29/19 03:33 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Saw REVENGE (2017) last night. Nice try. A decent show but nothing more than ordinary. Really don't understand the hype around it?

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: J Geoff] #962761
01/30/19 09:39 PM
01/30/19 09:39 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Debating getting a streaming device to stay current.

Have cable and feel it does not offer enough.

Any advice?

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #962778
01/30/19 11:42 PM
01/30/19 11:42 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly

Any advice?

Firefox..LOL.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion, Part III [Re: DuesPaid] #962806
01/31/19 11:58 AM
01/31/19 11:58 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro

Any advice?

Do you already have Amazon Prime? That's not a bad one for Prime members. The standard is still probably Netflix, however, I do know their prices went up recently. Filmstruck shut down towards the end of last year but the Criterion Channel is launching on April 8. I just signed up for it yesterday.

Yesterday I watched SUMMER OF '84. I was pretty disappointed in this. I love nostalgia (especially for the '80s) but this I felt tried too hard for it and felt it tried too hard to be in the realm of STRANGER THINGS to a certain extent. Furthermore:

SPOILERS

I don't like movies that tell you who the killer is from the beginning. The entire movie you're trying to figure out if they really did it or not and by the time you get to the end and find out they actually did do it, I always feel it's a let down. It reminded me of REAR WINDOW in this way which I'm not a huge fan of. I like Hitchcock and I understand the point of the movie is for the main characters to prove the killer actually did do it, but for my money, I'm not in to these type of films.

Page 44 of 91 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 90 91

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull