GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (m2w, Malavita), 94 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,737
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,283
Posts1,057,858
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #640332
03/16/12 07:11 PM
03/16/12 07:11 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
How about "Barbie Girl" by Aqua? Or "Macarena"? Or "I'm Too Sexy"? All way worse than the Starship tune! Ha!

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: Mark] #640352
03/16/12 08:44 PM
03/16/12 08:44 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Worse song ever FACT... I even own this as a kid..

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #640992
03/20/12 07:45 PM
03/20/12 07:45 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee
Dirty Minds Think Alike: The Forgotten Rivalry of Prince and Rick James

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/feature/156...e-and-rick-jam/

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #641109
03/22/12 01:11 AM
03/22/12 01:11 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
You know, I never knew a-ha were that popular.

5 One-Hit Wonders who Deserve Your Respect

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-one-hit-wonders-who-deserve-your-respect/

~Props to the Devo props!

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #641115
03/22/12 05:38 AM
03/22/12 05:38 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Kiss & Motley Crue Attack Rihanna

Quote:
We're sick and tired of girls getting up there with dancers and karaoke tapes in back of them," Simmons told the crowd at the press conference, reports Billboard.com. "No fake bull***t. Leave that to the Rihanna, Shmianna and anyone who ends their name with an 'A.'"

The ironic thing of course is that although Kiss was a fantastically commercially successful band in their heyday they were not widely considered then or now to be excellent or frankly even good musicians. They were known for exalting the stage show above any other consideration. Simmons in particular was known to be a greedy SOB who cared much more about the dollar signs and bs stage performances than anything having to do with music. In short KISS was EXACTLY what they are accusing Rihanna of being.

And that goes DOUBLE for Motley Crue who really were the 80's equivalent of the Jackson Five, The Partridge Family, Peter Frampton, etc-something safe and musically lame but that was loved by teen girls and sold bazillions of records because of that. No one talks about the musical honesty of Motley Crue or what skilled musicians they were. People talk about the various groupies they had, what they looked like in their tight pants and long hair, and their copious consumption of drugs and alcohol. They were EXACTLY the sort of "hair band" that was mocked by the 90's grunge movement.

I am not a Rihanna fan. I don't like or dislike her music. It's just not my thing.

But this idea that it's not "real" music unless you're playing a guitar thru an overdriven amp is silly. There is an jealousy that you see in a lot of rock bands. On the one hand they claim to be of greater musical integrity as compared to pop/dance. But on the other they are insanely jealous of the fact that dance-pop is what is in right now. Jazz, blues, classical musicians and others could make the same claims of musical fraudulence about rock in general and KISS/Motley Crue in particular that Simmons makes about Rihanna. A wealthy senior citizen wearing makeup, high heels and spitting fire/fake blood is going to criticize the musical integrity of a singer? Right...........

Lastly, anyone with the mellifluous name of Chaim Witz rolleyes certainly has no business making fun of other's names. lol

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #641207
03/22/12 09:26 PM
03/22/12 09:26 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Lilo, Did you ever read "Look Me In The Eye"? It's the story of the young man who was later diagnosed with Asperger's (hence the title, since he was incapable of sustaining eye contact) who put all of KISS's flaming guitars together. It had never been done before and he was able to produce these "tricks" out of his garage.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #641278
03/23/12 04:42 AM
03/23/12 04:42 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I didn't read that book, SB? Worth picking up?

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #641364
03/23/12 04:23 PM
03/23/12 04:23 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Oh hell yes. That actually might be my favorite solo Beatle album.

Paul McCartney to release deluxe edition of Ram in May

The deluxe edition, besides including the special edition with remastered album and disc of outtakes/B-sides/non-album singles, will include the Mono version of RAM and THRILLINGTON, that random as fuck instrumental "reinterpretation" of RAM that Paul produced in the late 70s.

Quote:
"Ladies and gentlemen, this is an album from a long, long time ago, when the world was different. This is an album that is part of my history - it goes back to the wee hills of Scotland where it was formed. It's an album called RAM. It reminds me of my hippie days and the free attitude with which was created. I hope you're going to like it, because I do!" Paul McCartney, 2012

http://www.paulmccartney.com/web/guest/news/-/blogs/paul-and-linda-mccartney-s-legendary-album-ram-set-for-deluxe-reissue?_33_redirect=%2fweb%2fguest&#p_33top

*=Produced in those sessions was Paul's first released non-Beatle single: "Another Day."

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: Lilo] #641390
03/23/12 07:17 PM
03/23/12 07:17 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted By: Lilo
Kiss & Motley Crue Attack Rihanna

Quote:
We're sick and tired of girls getting up there with dancers and karaoke tapes in back of them," Simmons told the crowd at the press conference, reports Billboard.com. "No fake bull***t. Leave that to the Rihanna, Shmianna and anyone who ends their name with an 'A.'"

The ironic thing of course is that although Kiss was a fantastically commercially successful band in their heyday they were not widely considered then or now to be excellent or frankly even good musicians. They were known for exalting the stage show above any other consideration. Simmons in particular was known to be a greedy SOB who cared much more about the dollar signs and bs stage performances than anything having to do with music. In short KISS was EXACTLY what they are accusing Rihanna of being.

And that goes DOUBLE for Motley Crue who really were the 80's equivalent of the Jackson Five, The Partridge Family, Peter Frampton, etc-something safe and musically lame but that was loved by teen girls and sold bazillions of records because of that. No one talks about the musical honesty of Motley Crue or what skilled musicians they were. People talk about the various groupies they had, what they looked like in their tight pants and long hair, and their copious consumption of drugs and alcohol. They were EXACTLY the sort of "hair band" that was mocked by the 90's grunge movement.

I am not a Rihanna fan. I don't like or dislike her music. It's just not my thing.

But this idea that it's not "real" music unless you're playing a guitar thru an overdriven amp is silly. There is an jealousy that you see in a lot of rock bands. On the one hand they claim to be of greater musical integrity as compared to pop/dance. But on the other they are insanely jealous of the fact that dance-pop is what is in right now. Jazz, blues, classical musicians and others could make the same claims of musical fraudulence about rock in general and KISS/Motley Crue in particular that Simmons makes about Rihanna. A wealthy senior citizen wearing makeup, high heels and spitting fire/fake blood is going to criticize the musical integrity of a singer? Right...........

Lastly, anyone with the mellifluous name of Chaim Witz rolleyes certainly has no business making fun of other's names. lol

Got my tickets. Gonna see them September 22 at Jones Beach. Seen KISS before, never seen Motley Crue

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #641738
03/26/12 11:46 PM
03/26/12 11:46 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
George Harrison ‘Early Takes’ Album Announced

Quote:
George Harrison fans have also been exposed to a number of unreleased demo tracks over the years through unofficial releases. Some of those demos, along with other rarities, will see a U.S. release on May 1 with the release of Early Takes Vol. 1, a set of ten songs featured in Martin Scorcese's October 2011 George Harrison documentary.

Quote:
Here’s the track listing for ‘Early Takes’:

1. My Sweet Lord (demo)
2. Run Of The Mill (demo)
3. I’d Have You Any Time (early take)
4. Mama You’ve Been On My Mind (demo)
5. Let It Be Me (demo)
6. Woman Don’t You Cry For Me (early take)
7. Awaiting On You All (early take)
8. Behind That Locked Door (demo)
9. All Things Must Pass (demo)
10. The Light That Has Lighted The World (demo)

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/george-harrison-early-takes-album-announced/

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #642181
03/30/12 12:20 PM
03/30/12 12:20 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Springsteen is still a boss apparently. (skip to 1:30)

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #642415
04/02/12 12:04 PM
04/02/12 12:04 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I enjoy some of the insignificant tidbits I hear when I listen to the morning radio show. For instance, here is their list of top songs about "Money." I'm good with the top two, Pink Floyd & Dire Straits, and most of the others, but they forgot the Beatles "Money"(That's What I Want). smile

TIS

http://kearth101.radio.com/2012/04/02/cha-ching-top-ten-songs-about-money/

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #642419
04/02/12 01:04 PM
04/02/12 01:04 PM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I enjoy some of the insignificant tidbits I hear when I listen to the morning radio show. For instance, here is their list of top songs about "Money." I'm good with the top two, Pink Floyd & Dire Straits, and most of the others, but they forgot the Beatles "Money"(That's What I Want). smile

That's a bizzare omission. It's a pretty big rock 'n roll song. Youtube has cover versions available by Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Stevie Wonder, The Supremes.

The original was by Barrett Strong:

I don't know how well-known this is: John Lennon had a little portable jukebox that he took on the road with him? "Money" was one of the 45s he kept in it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lennon's_jukebox

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: mustachepete] #642421
04/02/12 01:19 PM
04/02/12 01:19 PM
California

California
Thanks! I remember the original and like it. Usually the originals are the best version, however, I admit a little bias but I REALLY like the Beatles version better. smile

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #642457
04/02/12 06:17 PM
04/02/12 06:17 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
I really liked the album TUG OF WAR, but I hate that song. I hate it. Arguably the cheesiest thing Macca ever composed (and that's saying alot.)

Ebony and Ivory: A history of the hit 30 years after its release

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ebony-ivory-paul-mccartney-stevie-wonder-snl-305404

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #642564
04/03/12 12:17 PM
04/03/12 12:17 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Have you not heard Frog Chorus then Ronnie??

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #642675
04/04/12 10:42 AM
04/04/12 10:42 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Yes I've heard that and yes, I still think "Ebony & Ivory" is still cheesier.

(Of course I'll hold the controversial, shocking minority opinion that there's nothing technically wrong with "Frog Chorus"? It's just goofy, as with say "Uncle Albert," a track I once dismissed for being absolutely silly...but that's the point and part of the Macca charm, a lack of pretentiousness that we arguably got too much of in the early/mid-70s.)

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #642679
04/04/12 11:28 AM
04/04/12 11:28 AM
California

California
I never minded Ebony & Ivory but I still like "Uncle Albert." Silly but a good song, much like Ob Li Di, Ob La Da, which makes you just wanna get up and dance. smile

As a matter of fact, I actually had a Great "Uncle Albert". LOL He got a kick out of that song even tho he couldn't quite figure it out. I mean how many songs have the name Albert in them? lol

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 04/04/12 11:29 AM.

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #642738
04/04/12 10:56 PM
04/04/12 10:56 PM
California

California
Sons of the Beatles MAY be forming a group???? uhwhat How interesting would that be? Obviously they'd NEVER be the Beatles but they sure come from talented roots. smile

Why is it Julian is not in it I wonder? I think he's a little older than the others but to me, he looks and sounds much like his father. They should include him.

Anyway, check out the pictures. OMG, George's son looks so much like him. They ALL resemble there fathers IMHO. smile

TIS

That news comes from an interview the BBC did with James McCartney, son of Beatles frontman Paul McCartney. James, who played guitar on two of his father’s most recent albums, said he’d like to record and tour with other Beatles offspring. (Darn. The name “The Offspring” is already taken. How about “Here Comes the Son?”)

He’d certainly have a qualified bunch to work with. Sean Lennon, Zak Starkey and Dhani Harrison are all musicians — and Starkey is the unofficial drummer for The Who.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/thebigblog/201...ames-mccartney/

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #642809
04/05/12 06:12 PM
04/05/12 06:12 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Speaking of Paul, the podcast Fab 4 Free 4 All (aka Fab Fourum) this past week just reviewed one of Macca's obscure records: 1986's PRESS TO PLAY.

Honestly I've never explored that one, because I thought the lead single ("Press") was very forgettable. Anyway that podcast highlighted two stand-out tracks from PTP: a damn good tight rocker ("Angry") that he composed with Phil Collins on drums and Pete Townsend on guitar. Another a little gem I already knew and dug("Stranglehold") but which I didn't know was from PTP.

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #642851
04/06/12 08:04 AM
04/06/12 08:04 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Electronic Dance Scene Tempts Investors

Quote:
Electronic Dance Concerts Turn Up Volume, Tempting Investors
By BEN SISARIO
One Friday afternoon last month, 60,000 tickets at $100 and up went on sale for a major music festival at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., before the headliners had even been announced.

It sold out in three hours.

The festival with the fervent following was the Electric Daisy Carnival, a two-day event next month dedicated to the concert industry’s new favorite genre: electronic dance music. Long considered a marginal part of the music business that subsisted in clubs and semi-legal warehouse raves, dance has now moved squarely into the mainstream, with a growing circuit of festivals and profit margins that are attracting Wall Street.

For an industry increasingly reliant on aging headliners — like Bruce Springsteen, Madonna and the Rolling Stones — the appeal of a genre with fresh stars and a huge young audience is undeniable.

“If you’re 15 to 25 years old now, this is your rock ‘n’ roll,” said Michael Rapino, the chief executive of Live Nation Entertainment, the world’s largest concert promoter.

Two weeks ago, 165,000 fans went to the Ultra Music Festival in Miami to revel in the pulsating bass and wave glow sticks in the dark. Similar numbers have turned out for events in Los Angeles, Las Vegas and Dallas. With the boom, artist fees have exploded. Top D.J.’s like Deadmau5, Tiësto and Afrojack can earn well over $1 million for a festival appearance and $10 million for a Las Vegas nightclub residency, talent agents say.

Having developed on the margins, electronic dance music — high-energy waves of mechanized sound that, at its best, creates a communal experience for a sea of strangers — is dominated by a network of independent promoters.

They include Insomniac, which presents Electric Daisy Carnival; Hard Events, another nationwide promoter; Ultra, whose namesake festival in Miami has expanded to Brazil, Argentina and Poland; and Made Event, behind the Electric Zoo festival in New York.

Their success has attracted a clutch of potential investors from inside and outside the music world. The insiders include Live Nation and A.E.G. Live, the two biggest corporate promoters.

The outsiders include Ron Burkle, the supermarket magnate who made an unsuccessful bid last year for the Warner Music Group, and the media mogul Robert F. X. Sillerman, according to people involved in investment talks who declined to be identified discussing private agreements.

Mr. Sillerman — who transformed the concert industry in the 1990s by consolidating regional rock promoters into what is now Live Nation — declined to comment for this article, as did a representative of Mr. Burkle....

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #642879
04/06/12 01:16 PM
04/06/12 01:16 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
I can't blame those fans, in this age of Nikki Minaj.

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #643054
04/08/12 01:54 PM
04/08/12 01:54 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
This weekend we have the Master's golf tournament down in Augusta, Georgia. But a Grantland (ESPN associated website) article covers the town's other claim to fame: it's famous native son who grew up in a whorehouse, lived a brief young life of petty crime, and escaped Augusta to become the Godfather of Soul

James Brown's Augusta

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7783231/james-brown-other-side-masters

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #643456
04/11/12 08:14 PM
04/11/12 08:14 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Axl Rose: I Will NOT Attend Rock and Roll HOF Induction

Axl Rose has shot down the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ... claiming he REFUSES to attend the Guns N' Roses induction ceremony on April 14 ... as long as his old bandmates plan to attend.

Rose just fired off a strongly worded letter to the Hall ... saying, "I won't be attending The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction 2012 Ceremony and I respectfully decline my induction as a member of Guns N' Roses."

He adds, "I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf."

"Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of "Guns N' Roses."

Axl also notes he's aware that certain former GNR members have taken "jabs" at him recently ... and he doesn't want to appear anywhere he is "not wanted or respected."

"In regard to a reunion of any kind of either the Appetite or Illusion lineups, I've publicly made myself more than clear. Nothing's changed."

The diss won't be news to Slash ... who recently told Rolling Stone, "[Axl] hates my guts ... It's over a lot of different stuff; I don't even know. There's just no communication between us."

source: TMZ

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 04/11/12 08:19 PM.
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #643534
04/12/12 06:41 AM
04/12/12 06:41 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Springsteen Tour

Quote:
A new Springsteen album was already in the pipeline when Clemons died, and "Wrecking Ball" was released last month amid a flurry of appearances: a performance at the South by Southwest festival in Austin, Texas, (where Springsteen gave the keynote speech); a soul-drenched Sirius XM-sponsored broadcast at the Apollo Theatre in Harlem, N.Y.; and now a tour the E Street Band launched with almost no rehearsal. They stop tonight at The Palace of Auburn Hills.

"There were a lot of discussions about what to do because of the loss of Clarence," says E Street Band guitarist "Little" Steven Van Zandt, of the pre-tour meetings.

"I think we made a lot of good decisions. Don't replace the irreplaceable. You're going to find people to play the (musical) parts of Clarence and Danny, but you're not going to replace them. And you don't want to put pressure on someone standing in that spot. So we have a five-piece horn section with two sax players who take turns playing Clarence's parts..."

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #643536
04/12/12 06:42 AM
04/12/12 06:42 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
This weekend we have the Master's golf tournament down in Augusta, Georgia. But a Grantland (ESPN associated website) article covers the town's other claim to fame: it's famous native son who grew up in a whorehouse, lived a brief young life of petty crime, and escaped Augusta to become the Godfather of Soul

James Brown's Augusta

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7783231/james-brown-other-side-masters

Good find, thanks.

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #643546
04/12/12 09:55 AM
04/12/12 09:55 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #643557
04/12/12 11:37 AM
04/12/12 11:37 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Axl Rose: I Will NOT Attend Rock and Roll HOF Induction

Axl Rose has shot down the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ... claiming he REFUSES to attend the Guns N' Roses induction ceremony on April 14 ... as long as his old bandmates plan to attend.

Rose just fired off a strongly worded letter to the Hall ... saying, "I won't be attending The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Induction 2012 Ceremony and I respectfully decline my induction as a member of Guns N' Roses."

He adds, "I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf."

"Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of "Guns N' Roses."

Axl also notes he's aware that certain former GNR members have taken "jabs" at him recently ... and he doesn't want to appear anywhere he is "not wanted or respected."

"In regard to a reunion of any kind of either the Appetite or Illusion lineups, I've publicly made myself more than clear. Nothing's changed."

The diss won't be news to Slash ... who recently told Rolling Stone, "[Axl] hates my guts ... It's over a lot of different stuff; I don't even know. There's just no communication between us."

source: TMZ

What a idiot, he's overrated anyway. I don't why him and slash fell out but he should get over himself..

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: DE NIRO] #643561
04/12/12 11:52 AM
04/12/12 11:52 AM
California

California
I didn't realize there was a problem with Axl and GNR. I didn't think they were a group anymore. confused

I think Axl is overrated too. Yet the band was popular and did make a mark in music history.

I HATED his version of "Knocking On Heaven's Door." Just awful! panic But then, I love "November Rain" (especially Slash's solo). All & all Axl can't sing IMHO.

TIS

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #643575
04/12/12 01:25 PM
04/12/12 01:25 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Axl is talented. Unfortunately, not as talented as he thinks he is, and that's his problem.

Axl isn't the first or will be the last musician who's ego is better than the Rock HOF's building. I feel bad for GNR fans because this would've been a fine opportunity to close that book on that band on a civil, pleasant note. Instead the story is how big of a d-bag is Axl? A big one.

Compare that in contrast with the great Iggy Pop, who by his own admission said he had "an emotional moment" when he got the news that the Stooges were going in. And considering all the shit a guy like Iggy has gone through, take that admission into consideration.

Talking Heads hated each other, but they attended their HOF induction. ABBA have refused (lucrative) reunion offers for decades, and they all still attended their HOF induction. The Police showed up, and that was a minor miracle in itself.You can stand being near folks you hate for a few hours, you're not required to like them again.

Unfortunately Axl's nonsense reminds me of when Paul McCartney bailed out on the Beatles' HOF induction because he "didn't want to relive the past." Which is rich because his concerts for the last 25 years basically been Beatle greatest hits shows. (You're lucky to get the occassional Wings hit.)

I've posted that Beatles HOF induction video before, which you dig up at YT. George Harrison has never been at ease with the public at such things, but he showed up. I'm sure he would rather eat nails than be there with Yoko Ono, but hell he was still there. Ringo was there too, drunk as a skunk and obviously embarrasing his buddy George. But he held his head high and earned respect from me.

Paul got over his "past" problems and years later inducted John.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 04/12/12 01:41 PM.
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull