GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 130 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,735
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,282
Posts1,057,844
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: Lilo] #668832
10/04/12 08:03 PM
10/04/12 08:03 PM
S
sitdownsal Offline
Wiseguy
sitdownsal  Offline
S
Wiseguy
alot of these women need a good crack in the mouth,,,,Rhianna she had that coming,,,my friend works for a big name music guy in LA and he saw her pull a knofe on Chris earlier that day..true story

A pint of your blood can fetch you fifty bucks. A shot of cum, three grand. You keep your life simple and you can literally self sustain.
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: sitdownsal] #668844
10/04/12 08:27 PM
10/04/12 08:27 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Originally Posted By: sitdownsal
alot of these women need a good crack in the mouth,,,,Rhianna she had that coming,,,my friend works for a big name music guy in LA and he saw her pull a knofe on Chris earlier that day..true story

She had it coming? Crack in the mouth? mad Maybe she was protecting herself from that asshole woman beater Chris Brown who beat the fu*k out of her a while back.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 10/04/12 08:29 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #668846
10/04/12 08:29 PM
10/04/12 08:29 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
The troll is gone!

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: Lilo] #668877
10/04/12 11:22 PM
10/04/12 11:22 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Lilo

Does this change your opinion of Lennon? Or does it make you more willing to forgive other abusers? What is your standard for bad behavior for artists?
It's easy to condemn artists whose music or books or other output you dislike anyway. But what about when it's someone whose artistic creations mean something to you?

What do you mean opinion, artistic or personal?

I don't think it changes artistic opinion, since I tend to try to seperate the art from the artist. I mean Roman Polanski, great filmmaker. (GHOST WRITER could teach these punk kid directors how to make a thriller) He also should've gone to jail and not escaped to France.

I've always got the impression with Lennon that he was or can be a dick. Absolutely witty, though bipolar and unpredictable when it came to his former Beatle comrades not named Ringo.* It's why journalists loved him, he rattled off whatever shit comes off his brain that day and doesn't care about the consequences.
I remember that one alleged anecdote I remember reading years back, during the early days of the John/Yoko affair (the VIRGIN LOVERS days) and Yoko reached for a newspaper on the table and SMACK! "That's my paper!"

People do tend to tie their fandom of artists with their public life, or the character they present to the public. It's foolish because inevitably they always come up short. How much of Mel Gibson's global fandom was related to his supposed likeable everyguy persona he always put up in interviews? In what indication did you get of his anti-semitism or his short temper or openly sharing his opinion of women and black people when liquored up?

I might just be one of the few peoples who have no interest in "knowing" celebrities or meeting them. (I don't get autographs either.) Hey I like your music or movies, let's not complete that m'kay?

Lennon was a great musician, no doubt about that. But let's just leave it at that. (Seriously me and Lilo couldn't be fans/admirers of Prince if we let his infamous psychotic assholic reputation define if we can stand him or his music.)

*=I'm still marveled how he was the only one who had a good decent relationship with all the Beatles, when the others loathed each other. Maybe he was too likeable? Maybe they didn't respect him enough to be jealous? Who knows.

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #668925
10/05/12 03:19 AM
10/05/12 03:19 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

There's alot of S**T in Albert Goldman bio's about Lennon.. If you want a good Lennon Bio to read then the definitive one is "Lennon by Ray Coleman"

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #668934
10/05/12 06:03 AM
10/05/12 06:03 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Originally Posted By: Lilo

Does this change your opinion of Lennon? Or does it make you more willing to forgive other abusers? What is your standard for bad behavior for artists?
It's easy to condemn artists whose music or books or other output you dislike anyway. But what about when it's someone whose artistic creations mean something to you?

What do you mean opinion, artistic or personal?

I don't think it changes artistic opinion, since I tend to try to seperate the art from the artist. I mean Roman Polanski, great filmmaker. (GHOST WRITER could teach these punk kid directors how to make a thriller) He also should've gone to jail and not escaped to France.

Either or both. Artistic or personal. I also really really try to separate art from the artist. This is easier if the artist happens to be dead (HP Lovecraft , Robert E. Howard, etc) but there are limits. Sometimes the artist is such a **** that I can't ignore that or sometimes the artist's views which are antithetical to mine are a KEY component of his art.

People do tend to tie their fandom of artists with their public life, or the character they present to the public. It's foolish because inevitably they always come up short. How much of Mel Gibson's global fandom was related to his supposed likeable everyguy persona he always put up in interviews? In what indication did you get of his anti-semitism or his short temper or openly sharing his opinion of women and black people when liquored up?

I might just be one of the few peoples who have no interest in "knowing" celebrities or meeting them. (I don't get autographs either.) Hey I like your music or movies, let's not complete that m'kay?

Lennon was a great musician, no doubt about that. But let's just leave it at that. (Seriously me and Lilo couldn't be fans/admirers of Prince if we let his infamous psychotic assholic reputation define if we can stand him or his music.).

Right. You can enjoy the music or art and just leave it there. I'm reading Buddy Guy's (ghostwritten??) autobiography and he has quite a few unpleasant anecdotes to share about various blues icons, most of whom are dead and can't rebut. It's matter of fact, not told in a salacious or gossipy manner. I disagree with people that say for example that because you enjoy Ike Turner music that you by definition support abusing women. Fortunately or unfortunately artistic talent is not only shared by morally upright people. That said I also don't think that just because you're talented you should get a pass when you do wrong. It's tricky, everyone has a different comfort zone.

I thought the article about Lennon was interesting if only b/c he's essentially frozen in memory as Imagine/Give Peace a Chance/Beatles/etc while Brown is struggling against being defined as a violent brute, often by people who were never fans. It's like if I discovered that Buck Owens had been abusive to women (according to book I was browsing he was) and went around trying to define him as that and only that. It would be quite easy for me to be a self-righteous Knight Templar on that issue because I was never a fan in the first place. lol

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #669087
10/05/12 08:37 PM
10/05/12 08:37 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Brown's biggest problem (other than being very recent) was that he never once seemed remorseful or apologized for what he did. Not even staged mea culpa PR like donating to a battered womens shelter or whatever.

I did laugh earlier this year when CM Punk challenged him to a fight. Funny because other than a pro wrestler threatening a celebrity to a never-will-happen fight and scoring good cheap pop from the masses, Brown over-reacted like a dumbass on his twitter page, saying he was a steroid freak, yada yada. He had to remove those tweets after his lawyers advised him on the potential libel.

Brown is an asshole, and a dumbass. He's easy to attack, and hard to defend.

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #670095
10/12/12 07:03 PM
10/12/12 07:03 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
50 years, and the Rolling Stones still won't die. smile

Never thought I would hear Jagger sing about shooting zombies. There's a first for everything. lol

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 10/12/12 07:05 PM.
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #670128
10/13/12 07:54 AM
10/13/12 07:54 AM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

And their first decent song in about 30 years..

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: DE NIRO] #670135
10/13/12 10:46 AM
10/13/12 10:46 AM
California

California
I like the song. smile Then again, I like the Stones. Can't hear a Stones tune without wanting to tap your feet, snap your fingers or get up and dance if you ask me.

On the other hand tho, how long can they possibly continue though? lol

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 10/13/12 10:46 AM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #670136
10/13/12 10:52 AM
10/13/12 10:52 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Depends upon your interpretation of what "die" means whistle.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #670138
10/13/12 10:57 AM
10/13/12 10:57 AM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Biggest mistake the Stones ever made was letting Mick Taylor leave. They were never the same after he left. Don't get me wrong i love the Stones but they were at their best with Mick Taylor and his blues lead guitar. Jagger and Richards wouldn't give him song credits so he walked.

I like the new song. Considering those guys are close to 70 it's actually pretty good. Hope to see them at least one more time.

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: pizzaboy] #670139
10/13/12 11:14 AM
10/13/12 11:14 AM
California

California
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Depends upon your interpretation of what "die" means whistle.

Ha ha ha ha!! lol I know. It's amazing isn't it? The guy looks like death warmed over and he keeps rockin'.

I talked my daughter into going with me to see their movie, "Shine A Light" a couple years ago because I just love their music. We both got a kick out of how totally burnt out Richards looked AND the dangly little ornaments he wore in his hair. lol

Still, damn their music is good.

TIS

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #670155
10/13/12 12:50 PM
10/13/12 12:50 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Still, damn their music is good.

Some vintage 1971 Stones. cool

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: Giancarlo] #670157
10/13/12 01:26 PM
10/13/12 01:26 PM
California

California
Great clip. Wow, how young they all were. Wasn't it Jagger who said he wasn't sure if they'd still be "rockin" at 30?? lol

smile

TIS

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #670345
10/15/12 03:23 PM
10/15/12 03:23 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Prince will be on Jimmy Kimmel next tuesday night the 23rd.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 10/15/12 03:24 PM.
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #670370
10/15/12 05:26 PM
10/15/12 05:26 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #670527
10/16/12 04:59 PM
10/16/12 04:59 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Any LYNYRD SKYNYRD fans here? I was lucky to see the original lineup 3 times before the plane crash. Once in 75, once in 76 and one time in 77 when they opened for Peter Frampton. The J Geils band was also on the bill that day. Really good concert.

Most people will tell you their favorite Skynrd song is Free Bird or Sweet Home Alabama but i always liked Tuesday's Gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nui0NDvSuQ4

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #670534
10/16/12 05:45 PM
10/16/12 05:45 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
I liked some Skynyd, my favorite song being Gimme Three Steps

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: Irishman12] #670537
10/16/12 05:52 PM
10/16/12 05:52 PM
California

California
I can't say I have any of their music, but I do like Free Bird. smile

TIS

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #670943
10/18/12 08:45 PM
10/18/12 08:45 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Rolling Stones(London Concert)tickets selling for thousands.

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=768461

I like the Stones as much as the next guy but no way am i paying more then a couple hundred to see them , maybe 3 hundred if they're really good seats.

My wife is a Stevie Nicks fanatic and i paid the most i ever paid for a couple tickets for one of her shows. I'm too embarrassed to say how much i paid. panic

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: Giancarlo] #670946
10/18/12 09:04 PM
10/18/12 09:04 PM
California

California
I heard on the radio today that one of their concerts will be a "pay for view". smile Don't know any details.

TIS

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #672332
10/26/12 08:09 PM
10/26/12 08:09 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Whatever one thought of his new single (good melody, questionable song structure), it's unquestionably better live.

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #678467
11/23/12 01:23 AM
11/23/12 01:23 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #687288
01/02/13 08:57 PM
01/02/13 08:57 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Interview with bassist Andrew Gouche, who revealed he played on several tracks for Prince's new album out later this year.

http://www.printfriendly.com/print/v2?url=http://bassmusicianmagazine.com/2013/01/andrew-gouche-the-power-of-soul-by-steve-gregory-bass-musician-magazine-january-2013/

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #687548
01/03/13 08:07 PM
01/03/13 08:07 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Interview with bassist Andrew Gouche, who revealed he played on several tracks for Prince's new album out later this year.

http://www.printfriendly.com/print/v2?url=http://bassmusicianmagazine.com/2013/01/andrew-gouche-the-power-of-soul-by-steve-gregory-bass-musician-magazine-january-2013/

Nice. Thanks for posting this.
Walter Hawkins, John P Kee, Joe Sample, and of course James Cleveland are BIG names. Gospel bass can be fun because usually the organ is already holding down the bass lines. So a good bassist can have a lot of freedom. Or he can try to stay out of the organist's way... lol Larry Graham created his idiosyncratic style in part by avoiding the parts his mother was already playing on organ and instead trying to imitate drum parts..

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #688804
01/07/13 07:10 PM
01/07/13 07:10 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Follow this feed: https://twitter.com/3rdeyegirl

Despite claiming to be "over" the Internet, Prince last few days has been uploading bootlegs online. He'll apparently continue to do so in the near future as part of the hype up for a reported new album out later this year.

New song: "Same Page Different Book".

Extended remix of "Laydown" (Originally released on his last album 20TEN).

Another remix (with a disco-flavored hook) of his recent single "Rock & Roll Love Affair."

Rehearsal for "Bambi" (Originally released 33 years ago on his 2nd album PRINCE, and easily one of my all-time favorites of his.)

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 01/07/13 07:14 PM.
Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #688823
01/07/13 07:56 PM
01/07/13 07:56 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Great finds Ronnie!!! I like the mutated version of Bambi.
Amazing that song is that old but I guess it is.

Winter is Coming

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #688912
01/08/13 02:16 AM
01/08/13 02:16 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Re-listening to it tonight, I think I actually enjoy "Same Page Different Book" much more than the radio friendly RNR Love Affair.

Reminds me of "Act of God" (criminally underrated obscure gem) and of course "Sign O The Times" (except obviously not as good by a long shot) in that unlike his usual funk/party/make whopee songs, the guy in his lyrics and tone was obviously angry at something that motivated him. Usually that extra element seems to churn good tracks from artist.

Re: Random Music News/Musings/Debates Thread [Re: ronnierocketAGO] #688913
01/08/13 02:40 AM
01/08/13 02:40 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Now this news is out of the blue.

David Bowie releasing first new album in a decade in March

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2013/01/07/david-bowie-new-album-next-day-where-are-we-now/

He's even just put out the video for the single "Where Are We Now?"

http://www.davidbowie.com/vision?videopremiere=true

Long live the Thin White Duke!

EDIT -

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 01/08/13 02:53 AM.
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull