GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 109 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,735
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,282
Posts1,057,844
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Grand Theft Auto V [Re: ChardeeMcDennis] #742483
10/01/13 05:37 PM
10/01/13 05:37 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
Originally Posted By: ChardeeMcDennis
Originally Posted By: Scorsese
Also how many chances do you get to rob the armored truck.

which one?? lol

lol ya as many times as you see one.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Grand Theft Auto V [Re: Dellacroce] #742496
10/01/13 06:49 PM
10/01/13 06:49 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
its hard finding one though. i caught one randomly without the blip on the radar but was being chased by the cops so didn't have the chance to rob it.

Re: Grand Theft Auto V [Re: scarfacetm] #742518
10/01/13 08:54 PM
10/01/13 08:54 PM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest
Originally Posted By: scarfacetm
Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
Seriously, I have played half the game, and I have major reservations now about all the hype it received. The characters, despite a few interesting lines here and there, are basically the same and boring all game: Mike whining about his shitty life, Trevor a lunatic sociopath, Franklin reciting the line "come on dawg" about ten thousand times.

And really besides the graphics, its a basic scripted linear game ala Call of Duty with some marginally boring side missions and traffic movements. The choices on the heists make zero difference. That isn't to say there are some really cool scripted missions.

I got another question. Why does Trevor, supposed criminal mastermind with connections in OC, act like Mike returning from the dead as a fucking rat is A-OK with him (after getting his buddy wasted and ruining his life) and then proceeds to help the FIB? Really?
Play the other half and you'll find out that he isn't A-OK with it at all.

I have, but the question remains. He went nuts over the dead partner and not the rat stuff. It was clear from day one, moment one, that mike was a rat and admitted as such. Trevor accepts this at face value- just wanting to help the FIB along with pull heists with his best friend. Franklin does similar despite being a G from the hood. It's among the most bizarre and nonsensical story lines I have ever seen. Maybe in the GTA universe ratting doesn't make a difference.

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Grand Theft Auto V [Re: LittleNicky] #742531
10/01/13 11:03 PM
10/01/13 11:03 PM
massachusetts
scarfacetm Offline
Underboss
scarfacetm  Offline
Underboss
massachusetts
Seriously, I have played half the game, and I have major reservations now about all the hype it received. The characters, despite a few interesting lines here and there, are basically the same and boring all game: Mike whining about his shitty life, Trevor a lunatic sociopath, Franklin reciting the line "come on dawg" about ten thousand times.

And really besides the graphics, its a basic scripted linear game ala Call of Duty with some marginally boring side missions and traffic movements. The choices on the heists make zero difference. That isn't to say there are some really cool scripted missions.

I got another question. Why does Trevor, supposed criminal mastermind with connections in OC, act like Mike returning from the dead as a fucking rat is A-OK with him (after getting his buddy wasted and ruining his life) and then proceeds to help the FIB? Really?
Play the other half and you'll find out that he isn't A-OK with it at all.

I have, but the question remains. He went nuts over the dead partner and not the rat stuff. It was clear from day one, moment one, that mike was a rat and admitted as such. Trevor accepts this at face value- just wanting to help the FIB along with pull heists with his best friend. Franklin does similar despite being a G from the hood. It's among the most bizarre and nonsensical story lines I have ever seen. Maybe in the GTA universe ratting doesn't make a difference.
Considering the feds they were working with weren't really the good guys and cleared all their records, and they manage to boost a shit ton of money, i think trevor doesnt mind. I'm sure the way trevor sees it, he can use it to his advantage, nab tons of cash, root out any competition in his meth business. Franklin is trying to get out of the whole gang lifestyle, so him working with the feds doesn't suprise me, because if one thing is very clear in the GTA universe, in all of them, is that money makes the world go round, and, being able to boost millions upon millions and getting away with it simply because the feds need you to clean up their dirty work, doesn't sound too bad to me.

"Death is the answer to all problems. No man, no problem."

"I'd rather be hated for who i am, than loved for who i am not"
Re: Grand Theft Auto V [Re: scarfacetm] #742540
10/02/13 04:57 AM
10/02/13 04:57 AM
ChardeeMcDennis Offline
Button
ChardeeMcDennis  Offline
Button
Considering the feds they were working with weren't really the good guys and cleared all their records, and they manage to boost a shit ton of money, i think trevor doesnt mind. I'm sure the way trevor sees it, he can use it to his advantage, nab tons of cash, root out any competition in his meth business. Franklin is trying to get out of the whole gang lifestyle, so him working with the feds doesn't suprise me, because if one thing is very clear in the GTA universe, in all of them, is that money makes the world go round, and, being able to boost millions upon millions and getting away with it simply because the feds need you to clean up their dirty work, doesn't sound too bad to me.

this

Last edited by ChardeeMcDennis; 10/02/13 04:58 AM.

"It's not personal Sonny, it's strictly business"
Re: Grand Theft Auto V [Re: Sonny_Black] #742849
10/04/13 12:03 AM
10/04/13 12:03 AM
Midwest
LittleNicky Offline
Underboss
LittleNicky  Offline
Underboss
Midwest

Should probably ask Mr. Kierney. I guess if you're Italian, you should be in prison.
I've read the RICO Act, and I can tell you it's more appropriate...
for some of those guys over in Washington than it is for me or any of my fellas here
Re: Grand Theft Auto V [Re: Sonny_Black] #743067
10/05/13 02:30 PM
10/05/13 02:30 PM
So-Cal
vinnietoothpicks26 Offline
BANNED
vinnietoothpicks26  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
So-Cal
People need to hop off of Rock Star. This game is not that good.

Frank Costello: Fucking rats. It's wearing me thin. Mr. French: Francis, it's a nation of fucking rats.
Re: Grand Theft Auto V [Re: vinnietoothpicks26] #743091
10/05/13 07:37 PM
10/05/13 07:37 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Originally Posted By: vinnietoothpicks26
People need to hop off of Rock Star. This game is not that good.

You say that and then offer no explanation as to why you think it isn't that good. If you have an opinion of something, please, elaborate.

I, on the other hand, thought the game was terrific (and no, I'm not a Rockstar fanboy). I think the multiple main characters created a fresh new feel to the game, and effectively eliminated the disconnect I felt from previous iterations (i.e. when GTA IV's Niko Bellic would lament about wanting to leave the criminal life, and yet he would take assassination jobs over a payphone from a guy he didn't even know). I found myself playing the game differently with each of the three characters. Trevor is a psychopath, and I played him accordingly. Franklin was more of a thug trying to leave the streets he was raised in, and so it wasn't uncommon for me to help an innocent bystander who was being robbed, and return their money to them. I played Michael somewhat middle of the road. I was able to connect with these characters more than previous characters in the series, because they each had a distinct personality, and it made me make decisions with their characters that I felt they themselves would make.

The vibrant, colorful setting of Los Santos is also infinitely more interesting than the gray cityscape of Liberty City. Rockstar nailed the culture (or lack thereof) of Los Angeles and Hollywood, and kicked it up quite a few notches. Los Santos is a caricature of Los Angeles, but it is closer to the real thing than one might think.

Los Santos is also the biggest world that Rockstar North has created to date, and while it may seem smaller than San Andreas from the GTA of the same name, the land mass is exponentially bigger, and by Rockstar focusing on one city (and surrounding countryside) instead of three, the city feels much more alive and vibrant. This is Los Angeles fully realized in video game form, and it is awesome.

I like that they brought back car customization and purchasable properties, as well. Also, you can purchase vehicles through the in-game "web browser", and even buy and sell stocks in the game's stock market (instead of NASDAQ, it's BAWSAQ). There are some missions early on in the game where Franklin is tasked with taking out certain business entrepreneurs, and at the beginning of each mission, Lester drops a stock tip as to what stocks to buy once this man has been killed. Pay special attention to those tips, because you can make a lot of money!

I haven't tinkered with the online game yet, but I'm sure it's pretty sweet.

As for knocks against the game, I noticed a few glitches throughout my play through, such as NPCs getting stuck in strange places. For instance, I walked into Michael's house once and his wife was standing on the kitchen table. There are also some frame-rate issues and some texture pop-in, but nothing game breaking.

There are going to be people out there that will hate this game before they even play it. It's the same with Call of Duty. People hate it for it's mainstream success, and will point out the smallest flaw and blow it up into the biggest, game-breaking bug in the history of mankind, and call for the immediate demise of the people who develop these games. My advice: just play it. If you like it, great! If you don't, great!

Personally, I loved it!

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Grand Theft Auto V [Re: Sonny_Black] #759338
01/19/14 01:26 PM
01/19/14 01:26 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
any of you guys play this online?

Re: Grand Theft Auto V [Re: Sonny_Black] #761899
02/04/14 11:47 PM
02/04/14 11:47 PM
Eastern Europe
S
Slava Offline
Button
Slava  Offline
S
Button
Eastern Europe
GTAIV was much better IMO, it's still my favourite video game.

I loved Liberty City in GTAIV because it was more gritty and felt more like real criminal environment. Organized crime was well researched, you had the 5 families plus a family based on DeCavalcante and other ethnic gangs/OC. Bohan (Bronx) was a cool ghetto, Hove Beach (Brighton Beach) felt like propper lower middle class crime infested immigrant neighbourhood and Alderney (New Jersey) had that Sopranos vibe. GTA V just feels like you're on a holiday compared to that.

I also like Niko as the character more and could relate to him because I'm Slavic and non-American. But he's not only cool because of that, he's a badass criminal, served in the army and is a hired hitman. His story and character felt real, plenty of Serbs became ruthless criminals after the war, many of them went abroad. The story in general was much better in IV. V characters don't really convince me, Trevor is over the top.

I feel that GTAV moved too much away from the criminal theme.

Last edited by Slava; 02/04/14 11:53 PM.
Re: Grand Theft Auto V [Re: Sonny_Black] #761901
02/04/14 11:50 PM
02/04/14 11:50 PM
Eastern Europe
S
Slava Offline
Button
Slava  Offline
S
Button
Eastern Europe
double post sorry

Last edited by Slava; 02/04/14 11:51 PM.
Re: Grand Theft Auto V [Re: Sonny_Black] #768892
03/20/14 01:11 PM
03/20/14 01:11 PM
S
slumpy Offline
Capo
slumpy  Offline
S
Capo
I'm hoping this eventually gets a PC port - But I do agree with Slava, GTA IV is definitely a more interesting game in terms of playing a character involved in OC.

Re: Grand Theft Auto V [Re: Sonny_Black] #769084
03/21/14 03:18 PM
03/21/14 03:18 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I finished the game which is unusual for me.

The ending just came out of nowhere. Kinda anticlimactic. I was kind of just like "heh".

I also wasn't that impressed by the size and scope of the game. It wasn't that big.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Grand Theft Auto V [Re: Moe_Tilden] #772576
04/11/14 12:24 AM
04/11/14 12:24 AM
In a van down by the river!
Longneck Offline
Longneck  Offline

In a van down by the river!
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
I finished the game which is unusual for me.

The ending just came out of nowhere. Kinda anticlimactic. I was kind of just like "heh".

I also wasn't that impressed by the size and scope of the game. It wasn't that big.

I agree. It seemed small, I hardly ever finish games so quickly. It was a very nice game and neat but somehow underwhelming at the same time.

Long as I remember The rain been coming down.
Clouds of Mystery pouring Confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, Trying to find the sun;
And I wonder, Still I wonder, Who'll stop the rain.

Re: Grand Theft Auto V [Re: Sonny_Black] #778047
05/15/14 04:23 PM
05/15/14 04:23 PM
P
paulcastellano Offline
Associate
paulcastellano  Offline
P
Associate
GTA V is a flawed game that still manages to be better than most of the other games out there. Yes, the story was weak and the online was a flop, but the auto customization, vast overworld, visual prowess, superb acting among other feats really distinguish.

Rockstar's marketing campaign definitely hyped this game to be the second coming so disappointment toward it, in that context, is understandable.

Re: Grand Theft Auto V [Re: Sonny_Black] #781599
06/02/14 08:21 AM
06/02/14 08:21 AM
afriendofours Offline
Underboss
afriendofours  Offline
Underboss
Only GTA game i haven't played, now regretting selling my PS3, but trying to save up for a PS4 though.

Last edited by afriendofours; 06/02/14 08:21 AM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull