GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (DanteMoltisanti), 126 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,360
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,203
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: Turnbull] #637996
03/03/12 01:42 PM
03/03/12 01:42 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
Frosty seemed like he had an alcohol problem, that is what I got from reading his post, which were often incoherent. Another reason why I think alcohol is worse than most drugs, only on alcohol does one make an ass out of themself on internet forums.

Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: GerryLang] #638033
03/03/12 05:05 PM
03/03/12 05:05 PM
Scotland UK
gemini_killer Offline
Capo
gemini_killer  Offline
Capo
Scotland UK
Originally Posted By: GerryLang
Frosty seemed like he had an alcohol problem, that is what I got from reading his post, which were often incoherent. Another reason why I think alcohol is worse than most drugs, only on alcohol does one make an ass out of themself on internet forums.

I felt kinda bad for him at times, I also found most his posts difficult to understand, so I just didn't respond ... after reading this thread though I believe he has crossed the line and made a lot of people uneasy...I suppose the guys got some issues that he should get some help with, and I don't think the booze is helping ya know ...

just sayen... wink

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn. -Frank White

You say your 72, if they come back and tell me to give you a message - and if you want to defy it ... I assure you that you will never reach 73 - Joey "the clown" Lombardo
Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: HairyKnuckles] #638047
03/03/12 06:16 PM
03/03/12 06:16 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Originally Posted By: Skinny_Vinny
btw- Cesare Bonventre died in Maspeth Queens.

Still trying to find out where he lived and if his son got into "the life".

Bonventre´s address was listed at 2042 83rd Street in Brooklyn. I think that´s in the Bensonhurt section.
There is a Giaccomo "Jack" Bonventre (born in 1966?) listed as a Bonanno member, but I doubt very much that he is Cesare´s son. If the date of birth is 1966, Cesare would have been in his teens when Jack was born.

Interesting. I always figured him to be a Bushwick Bonanno.

There is a Cesare Bonventre listed on the White Pages. He lives in Maspeth and is 27, which is the exact age his son would be.

Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #638048
03/03/12 06:58 PM
03/03/12 06:58 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)

Bonventre´s address was listed at 2042 83rd Street in Brooklyn. I think that´s in the Bensonhurt section.
There is a Giaccomo "Jack" Bonventre (born in 1966?) listed as a Bonanno member, but I doubt very much that he is Cesare´s son. If the date of birth is 1966, Cesare would have been in his teens when Jack was born.

There is a Cesare Bonventre listed on the White Pages. He lives in Maspeth and is 27, which is the exact age his son would be.

Bonventre was, what you call, a "Bushwick Bonanno". He was with the Knickerbocker crew. But he didn´t live in the area. Neither did Catalano who I believe lived in the Middle Village section in Queens.
The Cesare Bonventre you found on the White Pages seems to be Bonventre´s son. The Jack Bonventre, I mentioned, is probably not related to him in any way.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: HairyKnuckles] #638265
03/04/12 11:01 PM
03/04/12 11:01 PM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens

Bonventre was, what you call, a "Bushwick Bonanno". He was with the Knickerbocker crew. But he didn´t live in the area. Neither did Catalano who I believe lived in the Middle Village section in Queens.
The Cesare Bonventre you found on the White Pages seems to be Bonventre´s son. The Jack Bonventre, I mentioned, is probably not related to him in any way.

There was actually a time when being a "Bushwick Bonanno" meant living there too. That whole Bushwick/Lower Ridgewood area was Bonanno territory going back before I was born.

Remember the Troutman Street ambush? Cypress Gardens massacre?

I'm guessing that Catalano lived in that part of Ridgewood or Bushwick when he came as an immigrant then moved to Middle Village which is an extension of that area.

So many Italians lived in those old tenements before working their way up to Maspeth or Middle Village or wherever.

Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #638289
03/05/12 05:22 AM
03/05/12 05:22 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)

There was actually a time when being a "Bushwick Bonanno" meant living there too. That whole Bushwick/Lower Ridgewood area was Bonanno territory going back before I was born.

I'm guessing that Catalano lived in that part of Ridgewood or Bushwick when he came as an immigrant then moved to Middle Village which is an extension of that area.

So many Italians lived in those old tenements before working their way up to Maspeth or Middle Village or wherever.

You´re probably right Vinny.

There might have been a few non Bonanno members operating in the Bushwick area but it was mainly a Bonanno stronghold for many, many years.
In the 1970s, and early 1980s, the so called "zips" mostly hung out on Knickerbocker between Myrtle and Flushing, a flourishing "Sicilian" area at that time.

Vinny, how about the area today? Is it still "Sicilian"?

[Linked Image]
Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: HairyKnuckles] #638296
03/05/12 07:09 AM
03/05/12 07:09 AM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens

You´re probably right Vinny.

There might have been a few non Bonanno members operating in the Bushwick area but it was mainly a Bonanno stronghold for many, many years.
In the 1970s, and early 1980s, the so called "zips" mostly hung out on Knickerbocker between Myrtle and Flushing, a flourishing "Sicilian" area at that time.

Vinny, how about the area today? Is it still "Sicilian"?

No. The neighborhood is now Puerto Rican as you near Myrtle and Knickerbocker and it's Mexican/Ecudaorian as you near Flushing and Knickerbocker.

Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: Mussolini14] #638502
03/06/12 04:50 AM
03/06/12 04:50 AM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
I'm reading The Sixth Family.

Up to the part where Pietro Licata is killed in front of his wife outside their Middle Village home.

Safe to say Cesare was the shooter with Baldo driving?

Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #638509
03/06/12 06:39 AM
03/06/12 06:39 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
I'm reading The Sixth Family.

Up to the part where Pietro Licata is killed in front of his wife outside their Middle Village home.

Safe to say Cesare was the shooter with Baldo driving?

Perhaps.
But there are conflicting versions regarding how the killing was carried out. Licata´s wife told the police that a yellow sedan, pulled up just as her husband opened the gate to the driveway leading to their home. She said one occupant of the car rolled down a window and then she heard a shotgun blast and saw her husbund fell to the ground. She couldn´t see what the shooter looked like.
However, another witness told the police that a short, stocky man wearing a dark-colored coat and on foot, shot Licata and cooly walked away. He turned the corner and got into a yellow car, apparently alone.
I tend to believe the second witness because Licata´s wife, I believe, had been in a state of shock which limited or blured her memory of what happened that night. This is a fully normal reaction with witnesses close to the victim.
So a short, stocky man doesn´t sound like Bonventre.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: Mussolini14] #638679
03/07/12 03:29 AM
03/07/12 03:29 AM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
I guess the short stocky man description would point to Salvatore Catalano. Coincidentally there was another short stocky man running around with a gun that year.

Thanks for the info. In "The Sixth Family", they use Licata's wife's version.

Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: sdchili] #638813
03/07/12 08:16 PM
03/07/12 08:16 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: sdchili
Whats doin consiligiere? I thought we did not refuse someone's right to free speech..

Reminder : It is a privilege, granted by the owner of this site, to become a member and post here....not a right. So therefore the rules that have been implemented by the owner of this site MUST be adhered to.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: Mussolini14] #638821
03/07/12 09:16 PM
03/07/12 09:16 PM
LCN1987 Offline
Mannaggia alla miseria
LCN1987  Offline
Mannaggia alla miseria
Capo
Freedom of Speech and straight up disrespect of rules are two VERY different things.

Glad to see this clown gone.

Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #644014
04/16/12 01:00 AM
04/16/12 01:00 AM
Sands Point, NY
PrimeMinister Offline
Associate
PrimeMinister  Offline
Associate
Sands Point, NY
Cesare Bonaventre was actually from 83rd Street in Bensonhurst Brooklyn. His younger brother Vito used to hang around 20th Avenue (not involved in LCN).

Last edited by PrimeMinister; 04/16/12 01:01 AM.
Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: PrimeMinister] #644016
04/16/12 01:48 AM
04/16/12 01:48 AM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
Originally Posted By: PrimeMinister
Cesare Bonaventre was actually from 83rd Street in Bensonhurst Brooklyn. His younger brother Vito used to hang around 20th Avenue (not involved in LCN).

Cesare Bonventre is fascinating.

Had he not been killed in 1984, you have to figure he would have become a media star during the Pizza Connection trial, because of his look.

It was mentioned that Rusty Rastelli "grew tired of his kidnapping plots". I was wondering what plots Bonventre was involved in because I've never heard of LCN doing this for money.

Does anyone know the address he was killed at? I know it's just three blocks from Metropolitan and Flushing in Maspeth. For some reason I think it's 54th St between Flushing and Grand.

Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: TonyG] #644018
04/16/12 03:58 AM
04/16/12 03:58 AM
Tampa and Queens
S
Skinny_Vinny Offline
Capo
Skinny_Vinny  Offline
S
Capo
Tampa and Queens
Originally Posted By: TonyG
He was one of Carmine Galante's killers. They found 5 different slugs in him, and there were only 3 shooters that arrived.

But only two shooters went to the courtyard. One stayed in the restaurant to keep the staff at bay. A fourth gunmen may have waited outside while the driver stayed at the wheel.

So I'm guessing that the shooters had a shotgun in one hand and handgun in the other and used both. The number of different bullets may not indicate the number of actual shooters.

I think there were four sho

Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: Mussolini14] #644037
04/16/12 10:13 AM
04/16/12 10:13 AM
Mooney Offline
Capo
Mooney  Offline
Capo
There was only one shooter of course, ICEMAN! Duh! lol lol

"Thank God for the American Jury System" - Nicky Scarfo
Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #644212
04/17/12 11:43 AM
04/17/12 11:43 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

Cesare Bonventre is fascinating.

Had he not been killed in 1984, you have to figure he would have become a media star during the Pizza Connection trial, because of his look.

It was mentioned that Rusty Rastelli "grew tired of his kidnapping plots". I was wondering what plots Bonventre was involved in because I've never heard of LCN doing this for money.

Does anyone know the address he was killed at? I know it's just three blocks from Metropolitan and Flushing in Maspeth. For some reason I think it's 54th St between Flushing and Grand.

Actually, Ive read in a bunch of old news reports/indictments (old as in the late 80s/early 90s) of guys doing kidnappings for ransom (usually always associates), there was the case of Frank Santoro who was bragging he was going to kidnap the son of Vinny Basciano, we all know what happened when Vinny found out, he found him and shotgunned him himself

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: pizzaboy] #692759
01/25/13 02:32 AM
01/25/13 02:32 AM
The Jokers Social Club
DickNose_Moltasanti Offline
BANNED
DickNose_Moltasanti  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Jokers Social Club
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
You did what you had to do, SC. I'm only posting this because I know how you're torn when you have to ban someone. The guy called you out and that's that. I can't tell you how many times my heart went in my mouth when I'd see that he replied to one of my posts.

Frosty,

If you're reading this (and I suspect that you are), you should try to get yourself some help. Whether it's the booze, or an anger management type of thing, just do the best you can to fix the problem. But make no mistake, you DO need help. I wish you well.

PB

I was away and believed I missed this but its hilariousness lol oo the anger!!

Random Poster:"I'm sorry I didn't go to an Ivy-league school like you"

"Ah I actually I didn't. It's a nickname the feds gave the
Genovese Family."
Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: Skinny_Vinny] #692776
01/25/13 10:18 AM
01/25/13 10:18 AM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
There was a shooter in the hit on Galante that the other shooters called Sal twice.

"In the back Sally" and then something like "Get Him Sal". Was that Sal Catalano?

If it wasn't Catalano then who was the shooter the others called Sal? Anybody know?

Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: Mussolini14] #692777
01/25/13 10:27 AM
01/25/13 10:27 AM
G
gamms Offline
Was: sitonmyface11
gamms  Offline
Was: sitonmyface11
G
Underboss
lol.baldo and the big guy were asshole buddies in coleman.lol.

Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: HairyKnuckles] #692847
01/25/13 06:50 PM
01/25/13 06:50 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss

Did Bonventre have more then one son? Because according to an old article in Time Magazine Bonventre's widow gave birth to their only son after he was murdered.

So if he had a son that was born earlier then that it must of been with someone else besides his wife.

Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: Giancarlo] #692913
01/26/13 05:51 AM
01/26/13 05:51 AM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
There was a shooter in the hit on Galante that the other shooters called Sal twice.

"In the back Sally" and then something like "Get Him Sal". Was that Sal Catalano?

If it wasn't Catalano then who was the shooter the others called Sal? Anybody know?

Well, if we go by Frank Lino´s testimony for example, five guys were directly involved in the Galante murder. Santo Giordano was most likely the getaway driver. His fingerprints were found in the getaway car, on the inside of the window at the drivers side when the car was located. Also Anthony Bruno Indelicato´s fingerprints were later found inside the car which helped convict him in the Commission case.
Four men exited the car and one of them stayed outside Joe and Mary´s while the other three went inside. Frank Lino claimed that the three men were Dominick Trinchera, Anthony Bruno Indelicato and Russell Mauro. Lino said that Trinchera was the one who threathened the restaurant staff (and according to policeinvestigation, the man who said "in the backyard, Sal"). Indelicato was the one who shot Turano and Coppolla to death, while Mauro was the actual shooter of Galante, assisted by Bonventre (one of two Galante bodyguards that day) who also fired one or two shots into Galante´s body.
So who was this Sal? Well, my own theory is that "Sal" was actually a nickname for Mauro, derived from his first name Russell. I haven´t seen any mentions of Mauro being nicknamed "Sal" anywhere, but if you think about it, it is plausible. Another theory is that the witness, when questioned by the police right after the murder, simply lied about the name. This is fully understandable for more than one reasons.
I´m not sure, but none of the later Bonanno turncoats mentions Sal Catalano as being on the scene. But he was most likely involved with the murder in some way. One interesting fact is that Cesare Bonvente, Baldo Amato and Catalano went into hiding after the hit probably to escape LE. Catalano went to Sicily and stayed there for five months. During his stay in Sicily, Catalano got married, if memory serves me right.

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo

Did Bonventre have more then one son? Because according to an old article in Time Magazine Bonventre's widow gave birth to their only son after he was murdered.

So if he had a son that was born earlier then that it must of been with someone else besides his wife.

I think he had only one son. The Jack Bonventre mentioned by me in the post above, is not the son of Cesare but the son of Antonio, another Bonanno made member.

There were a lot of Bonventres involved with the Bonanno Family throughout the Family´s history dating back to the early 1900s. All of them hailed from Castellamare del Golfo and they were probably all related to eachother in one way or the other. There were three Vito Bonventres, one of them killed in 1930. Other Bonventres were Anthony (also killed in 1930), Giuseppe, Giovanni (John), Martin (made in the 1950s and son of Peter, the uncle of Joe Bonanno who had offered Bonanno a job as a baker, mentioned in Bonanno´s memoirs) and the father and son, Antonio and Jack, mentioned above.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: Mussolini14] #692922
01/26/13 10:45 AM
01/26/13 10:45 AM
Massachusetts
southend Offline
Underboss
southend  Offline
Underboss
Massachusetts
was wondering when someone would mention the bonventres Joe Bonanno often referred to in his book

Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: Mussolini14] #692962
01/26/13 06:14 PM
01/26/13 06:14 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Thanks Hairy.

Bonventre's son was born in 84 i believe so that would make him around 29 years old today. I wonder what he's up to these days.

Does anyone know Cesare Bonventre's fathers name? Most likely his son was named after his father being the first son born to Cesare. I assume Cesare's wife was sicilian too, i saw her in one of the photo's from the Bono wedding, i thought she looked pretty good. wink

Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: Mussolini14] #692964
01/26/13 06:20 PM
01/26/13 06:20 PM
A
andrewc Offline
Made Member
andrewc  Offline
A
Made Member
i can't see cesare being faithful to his wife

Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: Giancarlo] #757117
01/05/14 01:39 PM
01/05/14 01:39 PM
M
montalbano Offline
Associate
montalbano  Offline
M
Associate
Hi I am new to this forum so go easy.

Cesare Bonventre, as Skinny Vinny said, was a fascinating character.

His son appears to be in end-stage renal failure and is being transplanted (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5THbx9lMjMU)-seems like a lovely guy.

His father I can't see being 6'9''......maybe 6'5''?

I have photos of him from Ralph Blumenthals book and what is on the internet, but does anyone have any rare ones?

thanks

Martin

Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: montalbano] #757132
01/05/14 05:27 PM
01/05/14 05:27 PM
Secret location (WITSEC)
HairyKnuckles Offline
Underboss
HairyKnuckles  Offline
Underboss
Secret location (WITSEC)
Good find Martin and welcome aboard!

I really hope Cesare does well. He seems like a good kid.

There were pictures of Bonventre´s dead body posted on the other forum some time ago. I´ll see if I can find them.

Last edited by HairyKnuckles; 01/05/14 05:29 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: HairyKnuckles] #757147
01/05/14 06:47 PM
01/05/14 06:47 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
There were pictures of Bonventre´s dead body posted on the other forum some time ago. I´ll see if I can find them.

Hairy i already posted them here....they're in one of the threads on Bonventre.

Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: montalbano] #757159
01/05/14 07:27 PM
01/05/14 07:27 PM
T
tiger84 Offline
Capo
tiger84  Offline
T
Capo
Originally Posted By: montalbano
Hi I am new to this forum so go easy.

Cesare Bonventre, as Skinny Vinny said, was a fascinating character.

His son appears to be in end-stage renal failure and is being transplanted (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5THbx9lMjMU)-seems like a lovely guy.

His father I can't see being 6'9''......maybe 6'5''?

I have photos of him from Ralph Blumenthals book and what is on the internet, but does anyone have any rare ones?

thanks

Martin

Wow if that is cesars son talk about paying for the fathers sin.There are alot of people who will be happy about this that cesar did wrong to even though the kid had nothing to do with it

I dont think thats cesars son because they said he was half irish.I really dont think cesar was the type of guy to marry a non sicilian

Last edited by tiger84; 01/05/14 07:48 PM.
Re: Cesare Bonventre [Re: Mussolini14] #757203
01/05/14 10:27 PM
01/05/14 10:27 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

He's another zip who got to big for his britches is that the correct saying. He got wacked out like anyone else don't know why people fascinated with him. No one avenged him. He would have got 20 yrs n the pizza trial anyway. He got found in the 55 gallon drum in new jersey. Massino had gab infiniti wacked for that but rusty must have gave the ok. Wonder why they wanted the body gone but I read that was a bona no thing

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull