GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Brovelli), 114 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,337
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,703
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,277
Posts1,057,706
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 58 1 2 3 4 57 58
Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #634962
02/15/12 04:36 AM
02/15/12 04:36 AM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

I think there will be a few new faces in the coming episodes as there due to meet a few unwelcome faces.. smile

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #635015
02/15/12 01:22 PM
02/15/12 01:22 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
DeNiro, Do you think Dale knows about Shane's "escapades"(not to give anything away)or is guessing? Do you think Shane is going 'bad' or he did what he needed to do? When he shaved his head last season I sensed a Travis Bickle wink character emerging. lol

Lori to me sometimes seems unreasonable & bitchy. LOL

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 02/15/12 01:22 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #635034
02/15/12 02:04 PM
02/15/12 02:04 PM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

I think he probably knows what Shane is capable of, Shane shaved his head in season two after he killed Otis.. Np offence but all of the women to me are annoying at the moment, especially Lori.. smile

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #635113
02/15/12 11:13 PM
02/15/12 11:13 PM
California

California

Hey DeNiro, did you see this article? Remember the season finale where that scientist whispered something in Rick's ear? Evidently Andrew Lincoln (Rick) knows that secret. It sounds like it's something to be revealed hopefully this season. I actually forgot about that scene until just reading the story. Love the mystery. smile

TIS

http://news.yahoo.com/walking-dead-star-mum-shows-main-mystery-231622918.html

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #635171
02/16/12 09:57 AM
02/16/12 09:57 AM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Oops, my bad! I saw the title of this thread and thought it was about my in-laws!

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #635224
02/16/12 03:55 PM
02/16/12 03:55 PM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Hey DeNiro, did you see this article? Remember the season finale where that scientist whispered something in Rick's ear? Evidently Andrew Lincoln (Rick) knows that secret. It sounds like it's something to be revealed hopefully this season. I actually forgot about that scene until just reading the story. Love the mystery. smile

TIS

http://news.yahoo.com/walking-dead-star-mum-shows-main-mystery-231622918.html

I remember yes TIS, that's been bugging since the end of Season 1, hopefully to be revealed soon..

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #635475
02/18/12 06:55 PM
02/18/12 06:55 PM
California

California
DeNiro,

Do you by chance also watch "Being Human?" There is a UK version and an American version. I've seen MORE of the American version but also like the UK version. I just don't know the time's its on. confused

TIS

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #635522
02/19/12 05:20 AM
02/19/12 05:20 AM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

I've not heard of this show TIS, i'll have to check it out on IMDB..

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #635789
02/20/12 06:39 PM
02/20/12 06:39 PM
California

California
Yesterday's episode (2-19) was awesome. smile The ending scene with Rick/Laurie. She's really manipulating him isn't she? And what was Rick's "look" at the very end?

Don't know if the UK has the after the episode show called "Talking Dead" where they have people discussing episode just shown. They had a poll re: the guy who was looking for the shooters in the bar. He ended up with his leg mangled/caught on a fence & Walkers all over. His friends basically said, "sorry" and left him to die. The Poll asked what would YOU do. 1) leave him to the zombies 2)amputate leg and save him or 3)take leg only (silly option)? First option won.

Anyway, this show is really getting good. smile

Btw, how is I wonder, that they concluded that you can shoot a zombie to kill him? Seems weird, since they are already dead and yet they either shoot or ax them. Well, then make a bonfire. lol
TIS

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #635790
02/20/12 06:44 PM
02/20/12 06:44 PM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

I agree it's getting better with each episode and the season is moving on nicely now after a slow start. With regards to the guy stuck on the railing, i think i would have left him as now i think we will see his friends come looking for him or something like that.

I also saw the preview for next week and Karl and Shane go head to head which end up with them fighting.. I would like to see Daryl a little more as he's been a bit of an outcast at the moment..

Bring on next weeks episode.. smile

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #635794
02/20/12 07:31 PM
02/20/12 07:31 PM
California

California
Dale really has it in for Shane and now Laurie is trying to get Rick to "eliminate" him, or so it seems no? I don't agree with what Shane did but part of me, at least so far, kind of feels sorry for him. I think he may get blamed for a lot more than he deserves.

Then again, perhaps Andrea telling Shane to improve on his "presentation" may bring a little warmth to him. That being said, it looks like he could be going off the deep end. From Rick's look at the end of yesterday's episode, when Laurie told him about Shane thinking the baby is his (and it very well may be), and by the previews, Rick may be going a little mad as well.

Wouldn't living with zombies all around you make you just a little crazy? lol

Yes, Daryl is hard to figure. Wasn't it his brother they left handcuffed (someone dropped/lost the key) on top of the building? Sometimes he seems ok and sometimes he's just plain mean

TIS

Just found this link, you may already have. Says a little about upcoming episodes.

http://www.amctv.com/schedule#series/The-Walking-Dead

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 02/20/12 07:47 PM.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #635809
02/20/12 09:25 PM
02/20/12 09:25 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING

I think that what Laurie did and said to Rick about Shane last night was outright irresponsible. She is out of control and is creating such problems. Something tells me that the underlying factor in her doing this is one that derives from her own guilt within..the guilt of screwing Shane when she believed her husband to be dead. How long was he supposedly dead for? whistle

I think that it also has to do with her 'woman's intuition' in knowing that the baby is indeed Shanes and NOT Ricks! Remember what she said to Rick when she was rambling to him about Shane and how that baby is Ricks "no matter what."

As for what Shane did in shooting the guy in the knee so he could get away...well that was a borderline decision. He made the guy the sacrificial lamb. It was kind of cold shooting him in the knee. He should have just shot him point blank in the head instead of leaving him to lay there injured to be eaten alive by those walkers. Nonetheless it was a decision that not only saved his own life...but one that saved Carl's life!

And as for Shane going off the deep end with the whole opening of the barn fiasco...turns out it was a good move because it allowed them to finally find out where little Sophia was. had he not done this then they would have still been putting their lives at risk every time they went out there to try and find Sophia.

Is Rick really that much better than Shane? After all Rick blew those 2 guys away in cold blood. Yes he did so because he felt that they were a threat to the rest of them ( which I believe that they were), but on the other side of the same coin Shane has made some of his decisions based on the same feelings that he had about the others possibly being put at risk.

As much as some may believe that Rick is a better person than Shane is, with each episode that goes by we are seeing that they are really not that much different and are becoming even more and more alike!

As for Daryl, I think that he really cares about Carol and is only lashing out at her because he feels bad about not being able to find and save Sophia for her. I also think that Carol has grown to have feelings for him because of the efforts that he has made to try and find Sophia before they found out that she became a walker.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: Don Cardi] #635818
02/20/12 09:38 PM
02/20/12 09:38 PM
California

California
Hey DC, glad to see you can join our Walking Dead conversation. smile You laid it out nicely. As the series progresses, we learn the characters more and like you said, is what Rick did worse than what Shane did? Still Shane's seemed more unforgivable. Then again, for the sake of the story, we must remember what a world these people live in. It's not like it was before. You are ALWAYS on guard from Walkers.

Laurie is totally growing conniving. I too noticed the comment to Rick about the baby..."it's YOURS no matter what." She fears it could be Shanes

I did kind of feel badly for the guy caught up on the fence and I would have tried to help. But, like I said you have to consider the world you're suddenly living in. If that were a real, what a harsh world it would be to live in. Glad we are among the living. wink

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 02/20/12 09:39 PM.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #636576
02/25/12 03:44 PM
02/25/12 03:44 PM
Amsterdam
C
Chopper2012 Offline
Capo
Chopper2012  Offline
C
Capo
Amsterdam
To me, personally, the second season has been a BIG disappointment.

I really, really liked the first season. Thought it was too short. Now, with season two, i feel like the series have become more and more like a soap opera. Some episodes barely have any walkers in it at all, and this is a zombie-show.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: Chopper2012] #636580
02/25/12 03:58 PM
02/25/12 03:58 PM
California

California
I understand what you are saying Chopper. It's true, the Walkers are not shown as often as you might expect. I am enjoying the storyline nonetheless. Yet, I don't know why they do that. confused

FWIW, I've notice on nearly all tv "horror" shows like Walking Dead, Vampire Diaries, Being Human and even True Blood (HBO), as time goes on they have less & less scenes which show transformations into the zombie/werewolf/vampire. I don't know why that is.

It use to be that was the fun part of the film, to see the transformation or the "monster/creature" itself. I remember being awed the transformation scene of "An American Werewolf In London." My favorite part of the movie even if they've come a long way since then. I still love that scene.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 02/25/12 03:59 PM.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #636584
02/25/12 04:16 PM
02/25/12 04:16 PM
Amsterdam
C
Chopper2012 Offline
Capo
Chopper2012  Offline
C
Capo
Amsterdam
Its a shame though, isn't it? Was really looking forward to the second season, and now i haven't even watched the last episode.

I remember watching the first episode of season one. Never have been a fan of the zombie genre, but that was good, exciting television.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #636671
02/26/12 04:27 AM
02/26/12 04:27 AM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

We'd soon get bored it if became a full on zombie fest every episode, i like the story lines and the character development with each episode.. Bring on season 3..

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #636706
02/26/12 01:21 PM
02/26/12 01:21 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
We'd soon get bored it if became a full on zombie fest every episode.

Exactly right DE NIRO. Imagine how boring the show would be, week after week, if they just kept showing Zombies attacking and eating people and the humans continually trying to hide and escape from them? We'd really have negative posts on here about how boring and one dimensional the show is! lol

In my opinion it is excellent writing that makes you care about the human characters on a show like this. In my opinion not showing the Zombies week after week makes it that more interesting and tension filled when they do appear from time to time. Take the last scene in the Pretty Much Dead Already episode. How terrible did you feel for Carol when she had to stand there and find out that her daughter became a walker and then had to watch Rick shoot her? At least for me it was a heartbreaking scene......hence excellent writing and acting.

It is one of the few shows that I watch where I just cannot wait to see next weeks episode. They always leave you wanting more!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #636751
02/26/12 04:50 PM
02/26/12 04:50 PM
Amsterdam
C
Chopper2012 Offline
Capo
Chopper2012  Offline
C
Capo
Amsterdam
Well, i didn't mean it has to be a non-stop gore fest, with walker after walker being shot in the head.

Just a good balance between action, drama and good character development, which to me was the excellent season one. Season two just doesn't cut it for me, but i'm glad you guys are enjoying it.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: Chopper2012] #637070
02/27/12 12:57 PM
02/27/12 12:57 PM
California

California
Good episode last night, centering on Rick & Shane and their friendship. For a while there I thought Rick was gonna leave Shane. I have a feeling they both came to terms BUT Rick's wife will not let it drop. Just my opinion.

smile

TIS

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #637143
02/27/12 06:29 PM
02/27/12 06:29 PM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

I agree excellent one of the best episodes so far. I hope Rick and Shane can put there troubles behind them as they make a great team.

Alot of the main cast din't even appear this episode. The blond lady is also bugging me ..

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #637144
02/27/12 06:35 PM
02/27/12 06:35 PM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

Also the lads leg was nearly severed but he seem to only have a little limp..

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #637146
02/27/12 06:46 PM
02/27/12 06:46 PM
California

California
I can't remember who the kid with the severed leg was? How did he fit into the picture? confused ( Plus, I didn't realize his leg was that bad)even as he was inching toward getting that knife on the ground.

When you say blonde lady, are you talking about the girl that seems to be befriending Shane? I think her name is Andrea. I am expecting them to become friends (or more) and then Lori will get pissed off. Again, just my opinion. Either that or they'll split from the group which seems to be what Shane is leaning toward.

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 02/27/12 06:47 PM.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #637154
02/27/12 07:19 PM
02/27/12 07:19 PM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

The lad who was stuck on the fence in the last episode?

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #638407
03/05/12 06:19 PM
03/05/12 06:19 PM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

Hey TIS, did you watch the latest episode? Don't want to give too much away if you didn't but poor Dale..

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #638412
03/05/12 06:57 PM
03/05/12 06:57 PM
California

California
Hey DeNiro,

I did NOT see it. I plan to watch it soon today on "On Demand."

I saw you posted and hesitated to read it cause I didn't want to find out what happened. I'll check back in when I see it. Were there "major" surprises and/or a really good episode? Can't wait to see it.

smile

TIS

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #638416
03/05/12 07:42 PM
03/05/12 07:42 PM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

Lets just say we won't be seeing a main character anymore.. wink

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #638499
03/06/12 03:17 AM
03/06/12 03:17 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
That last episode was crazy and sad, unfortunately i saw a little spoiler for the rest of the season and lets just say theres another main character who wont make it till the end of the season alive...

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #638517
03/06/12 08:06 AM
03/06/12 08:06 AM
DE NIRO Offline OP
DE NIRO  Offline OP

I have a feeling i know who.

Re: The Walking Dead [Re: DE NIRO] #638580
03/06/12 04:41 PM
03/06/12 04:41 PM
California

California
Well I'm still waiting for it to show on "On Demand." I thought it would be up 24 hours after it showed on AMC. I'm looking forward to it.
smile

Dapper Don, glad to have another person who watches this show. It's fun to get everyone's input. smile

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 03/06/12 04:42 PM.

Page 2 of 58 1 2 3 4 57 58

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull