GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (MeyerLansky), 114 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,735
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,283
Posts1,057,851
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Mark] #605772
06/19/11 06:05 AM
06/19/11 06:05 AM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
just got done watching the nine episodes, and wow! can't wait for the final episode, and i hope their is either a big battle or at least something really big to end the first season on.

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #605832
06/20/11 06:53 AM
06/20/11 06:53 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
That was good. I hope that next season they splurge a little and use CGI for the direwolves. They are supposed to be much larger, as big as ponies upon adulthood.
I liked the ending and hope the show wins some awards.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #605835
06/20/11 07:26 AM
06/20/11 07:26 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Yes, but you have to wait to next spring!

And you don't even get a full season worth of shows
anymore. Great show, but who wants to wait so long for so little.

Kind of gets your goat up.

I already can't wait for little king prick, gets his just do. To do that to her was just wrong. She should wait one night and slit his throad.

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: fathersson] #605864
06/20/11 08:00 PM
06/20/11 08:00 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
so, who will be the 'main' star for season 2?

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: BAM_233] #605883
06/21/11 07:32 AM
06/21/11 07:32 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Originally Posted By: BAM_233

Well if the series stays true to the books, there won't really be one. It's an ensemble of characters all with some interesting back stories. They have 5-6 major roles that haven't been introduced yet.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #605890
06/21/11 08:35 AM
06/21/11 08:35 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Lilo

Well if the series stays true to the books, there won't really be one. It's an ensemble of characters all with some interesting back stories. They have 5-6 major roles that haven't been introduced yet.

Lilo, how many books are there again?

and the first one is named?

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #605921
06/21/11 04:33 PM
06/21/11 04:33 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss

thats what i heard, but HBO made ned stark the 'star' in their promotions of the show for season 1. will HBO back another 'star' for season 2 promotion or go another route?

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: fathersson] #605940
06/21/11 06:48 PM
06/21/11 06:48 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Originally Posted By: fathersson

Lilo, how many books are there again?

and the first one is named?

The first book is titled A Game of Thrones.
Martin has said he intends to write seven books in the series.
Currently there are four books published ,with book #5 due to be available in hardcover on July 12.
In order the series so far is

A Game of Thrones
A Clash of Kings
A Storm of Swords
A Feast for Crows
A Dance With Dragons

Martin is not a very fast writer and has a number of other interests and things to do besides completing this series. This has led to long gaps between the publication of each new novel. Because of his age (he's in his early sixties) this has led some of his fans to worry that he will kick the bucket before completing the story. rolleyes

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: BAM_233] #605941
06/21/11 06:57 PM
06/21/11 06:57 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI

thats what i heard, but HBO made ned stark the 'star' in their promotions of the show for season 1. will HBO back another 'star' for season 2 promotion or go another route?

I can't find the link now but either in The Atlantic or Entertainment Weekly the producers were asked that question and of course played it very close to the vest. So who can say?

Judging by some people's reactions I think that folks will pick a favorite character and root for him/her. I hope that happens anyway.

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #605946
06/21/11 07:12 PM
06/21/11 07:12 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
thanks for the info lilo. but, yea i wonder what would happen if the series makes it through five seasons, but the sixth book hasn't been released yet. would HBO wait till the sixth is at least finished to be published, make up their own story, or end the series their.

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: BAM_233] #605949
06/21/11 07:23 PM
06/21/11 07:23 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
thanks for the info lilo. but, yea i wonder what would happen if the series makes it through five seasons, but the sixth book hasn't been released yet. would HBO wait till the sixth is at least finished to be published, make up their own story, or end the series their.

Well, word on the street is that HBO has insisted that Martin sign a contract that includes
Click to reveal..
a beheading clause with his head to be displayed on a spike outside headquarters as a warning to other tardy writers, if he's not finished with books 6 and 7 before next year's end.

So they're not worried.. whistle

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: BAM_233] #606213
06/25/11 09:03 AM
06/25/11 09:03 AM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss

HBO will hire Mark Winegardner to write the last book if Martin dies. rolleyes

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Mark] #606218
06/25/11 09:57 AM
06/25/11 09:57 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Originally Posted By: Mark

HBO will hire Mark Winegardner to write the last book if Martin dies. rolleyes

In which case we will no doubt find out that Ned Stark was gay and the true King of Westeros comes from the House of Cleveland... lol

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #606228
06/25/11 12:40 PM
06/25/11 12:40 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
LOL, Lilo - In the words of Furio; "Atsa gooda one!"

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Mark] #606230
06/25/11 01:10 PM
06/25/11 01:10 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
i thought winegardner was sleeping with the fishes...i guess geoff is slipping.

Last edited by BAM_233; 06/25/11 01:10 PM.
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #611562
08/18/11 08:36 PM
08/18/11 08:36 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Gwendoline Christie will play Brienne in season 2. Brienne is a pretty important character. However IMO Christie is tall enough (6-3) to play Brienne, but is NOWHERE NEAR ugly enough.

Brienne in the books has a moral center pretty close to that of Ned Stark. She believes in doing good and keeping her word. But she is also described as bigger than most men and uglier than just about any other women. Her father can't get her married off because not only is she remarkably ugly but she also refuses to marry any man who can't beat her in the joust or melee. And no one was ever able to or willing to do that. I thought the character should be played by someone who looked like Courtney Love or the wrestler Chyna..UGLY. But the author likes the decision so it's all good.

Brienne Cast

Stephen Dillane will play Stannis.
Stannis' essence is a firm belief in the letter of the law. Also resentment. He has tons of resentments and can quote chapter and verse of either the law or the appropriate traditions to back up whatever point he is arguing.

Unfortunately as his younger and more flamboyant brother Renly points out he has the personality of a lobster. Stannis is honestly confused and hurt as to why he is not liked by more people and this confusion just makes him hold on to his resentments more. rolleyes

Stannis does try to do the right thing most of the time even at great cost to himself. But he generally lacks mercy and is somewhat more pragmatic than the highminded Ned.

He's married to an ugly, but loyal wife and has no sons. If Stannis likes you (and he doesn't like many people) you will know that. And if he doesn't like you he'll let you know that too. I like Dillane for this role.

Stannis and Melisandre Casting

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #611570
08/18/11 09:24 PM
08/18/11 09:24 PM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
Gwendoline Christie will play Brienne in season 2. Brienne is a pretty important character. However IMO Christie is tall enough (6-3) to play Brienne, but is NOWHERE NEAR ugly enough.

Brienne in the books has a moral center pretty close to that of Ned Stark. She believes in doing good and keeping her word. But she is also described as bigger than most men and uglier than just about any other women. Her father can't get her married off because not only is she remarkably ugly but she also refuses to marry any man who can't beat her in the joust or melee. And no one was ever able to or willing to do that. I thought the character should be played by someone who looked like Courtney Love or the wrestler Chyna..UGLY. But the author likes the decision so it's all good.

Brienne Cast

Stephen Dillane will play Stannis.
Stannis' essence is a firm belief in the letter of the law. Also resentment. He has tons of resentments and can quote chapter and verse of either the law or the appropriate traditions to back up whatever point he is arguing.

Unfortunately as his younger and more flamboyant brother Renly points out he has the personality of a lobster. Stannis is honestly confused and hurt as to why he is not liked by more people and this confusion just makes him hold on to his resentments more. rolleyes

Stannis does try to do the right thing most of the time even at great cost to himself. But he generally lacks mercy and is somewhat more pragmatic than the highminded Ned.

He's married to an ugly, but loyal wife and has no sons. If Stannis likes you (and he doesn't like many people) you will know that. And if he doesn't like you he'll let you know that too. I like Dillane for this role.

Stannis and Melisandre Casting

i really need to get the first book read, so i can move onto the second book...just a guess is stannis the brother of the ex king robert?

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: BAM_233] #611572
08/18/11 09:30 PM
08/18/11 09:30 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI

i really need to get the first book read, so i can move onto the second book...just a guess is stannis the brother of the ex king robert?

You got it. Stannis is as he sees it, the rightful King. He takes an exceedingly dim view of any other claimants, whether they be the secessionist "King in the North" Robb Stark, Stannis' own younger brother Renly, Joffrey, or other people yet to be introduced.

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #611774
08/20/11 01:37 PM
08/20/11 01:37 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Who was the guy who was the king's hand and had the letter he from the king that he presented in court that that kid's mother tore up? Someone told me he was killed. Is that true?

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: olivant] #611801
08/20/11 03:51 PM
08/20/11 03:51 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Originally Posted By: olivant
Who was the guy who was the king's hand and had the letter he from the king that he presented in court that that kid's mother tore up? Someone told me he was killed. Is that true?

Yes. Ned Stark was the Hand and does not survive the first season (book).

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #613172
08/31/11 08:28 AM
08/31/11 08:28 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
2012 Game of Thrones Calendar
I am getting this. I won't use it at work b/c the depictions of Melisandre and Danerys are bit provocative for my workplace but otherwise I like it, especially the depictions of Jon Snow and Arya.

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #613174
08/31/11 08:54 AM
08/31/11 08:54 AM
BAM_233 Offline
Underboss
BAM_233  Offline
Underboss
damn i love the artwork, but seeing 'the hound' in it surprises me since i just got done reading the first book...is this another back story that hasn't been told yet or is this in the future? (either way what book should i expect to read that part)

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: BAM_233] #613211
08/31/11 06:24 PM
08/31/11 06:24 PM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
damn i love the artwork, but seeing 'the hound' in it surprises me since i just got done reading the first book...is this another back story that hasn't been told yet or is this in the future? (either way what book should i expect to read that part)

It's in the future, Bam. It's mostly in books two and three.

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #613609
09/05/11 10:16 AM
09/05/11 10:16 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Game of Thrones writers discuss season two and look back at season one

HBO’s gripping drama Game of Thrones, based on George R.R. Martin’s bestselling fantasy-novel series A Song of Ice and Fire, has permeated the public consciousness, drawing new audiences to the brutal Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, a land where summers can last for decades and where the threat of winter (and worse) always looms large. The show also did the seemingly impossible in winning over passionate adherents of Martin’s sweeping novels—the most recent of which was released in July—obsessively adapted by writers/executive producers David Benioff and D. B. “Dan” Weiss. After a first season that captivated 8.3 million average gross viewers, Game of Thrones scored an impressive 13 Emmy Award nominations (PDF), including nods for best drama and, for Peter Dinklage, best supporting actor.

The Daily Beast caught up with Benioff and Weiss—currently working around the clock on the second season of Game of Thrones, set to air in 2012—to discuss the Emmy nominations, Emilia Clarke’s snub, “sexposition,” casting for season two, and what’s coming up next season on the addictive and shocking fantasy drama....

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #614644
09/15/11 05:06 AM
09/15/11 05:06 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Looks Good smile There are some minor spoilers discussed within.
Game of Thrones Season Two New Cast Members

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: J Geoff] #614647
09/15/11 05:57 AM
09/15/11 05:57 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: J Geoff
But so much of it is disgusting, especially parts of the dialogue. Gratuitous? For sure.

I haven't see it, but now I will! grin

It took me a few months, but I've been watching it On-Demand, and will continue to do so... halfway thru... BUT it's nothing compared to Spartacus (violence/language) so I'm somewhat let down lol....

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: J Geoff] #614648
09/15/11 06:58 AM
09/15/11 06:58 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
But so much of it is disgusting, especially parts of the dialogue. Gratuitous? For sure.

I haven't see it, but now I will! grin

It took me a few months, but I've been watching it On-Demand, and will continue to do so... halfway thru... BUT it's nothing compared to Spartacus (violence/language) so I'm somewhat let down lol....

Hmm. Interesting. Maybe I will need to watch Spartacus. whistle

But there were a few people complaining of what they called Game of Thrones' "sexposition" scenes. I don't know if Spartacus had similar complaints. It is an adult series and if anything is toned down from the books a tad.

Winter is Coming

Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #614760
09/16/11 02:01 AM
09/16/11 02:01 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Finished Game of Thrones tonight -- wow, quite a number of assholes and disturbing characters on that show! lol Can't wait for next season...!

And yes, Lilo, definitely check out Starz' Spartacus series from the beginning!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: J Geoff] #614845
09/17/11 09:14 AM
09/17/11 09:14 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
The only thing letting down Game of Thrones is the complete absence of trolls,goblins and spooky wizards.....

You just can't take such a show seriously....... tongue

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones [Re: Lilo] #614848
09/17/11 09:40 AM
09/17/11 09:40 AM
MI
Lilo Offline OP
Lilo  Offline OP

MI
Some of that stuff will ever so slowly be introduced in season 2. And if it makes it to seasons 4 or more it will be a minor part of some character's storyline, though it's still mostly off-screen. smile

Winter is Coming

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull