GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (British, Thankyoukyle), 95 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,399
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,794
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,292
Posts1,058,082
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Favorite fast food? #600553
04/22/11 12:09 PM
04/22/11 12:09 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
Let's discuss your favorite fast food chains and meals.

I liked White Castle when we lived in NJ. Something perversely tasty about those tiny patties grilled over onions. No White Castles here in AZ.

So, my favorite is In 'n Out Burger. They wisely stick to a limited menu of burgers, fries and drinks. Their Double-Double (two patties with cheese and onions) is tops. They also make their french fries fresh--they put a peeled potato in a gadget that looks like a manual orange juicer, pull the handle, and out come strips of potatoes, which are fried from scratch. The help are all very courteous, clean-cut young people. Sonic makes a reasonably good burger with interesting toppings, but their quality control (especially in hiring) is poor.

McDonald's, and to a certain extent, Burger King, used to be known for exceptionally uniform quality and sanitation--you could be confident that you'd get the same satisfying experience anywhere in the world, which was McDonald's raison d'etre when Ray Kroc founded the chain. Alas, the three McDonald's franchise in our area vary from the pits to just fair, and Burger King isn't any better.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #600557
04/22/11 12:28 PM
04/22/11 12:28 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Nice topic, TB smile.

My favorite growing up was White Castle. I grew up on the corner of 187th Street and Hoffman Street in the Bronx. There was (still is) a White Castle on the corner of Fordham Road and Hoffman Street. They used to give you a numbered ticket for your food and the wait was ridiculous, but it was delicious for a young kid. Today, after several bouts of middle aged tummy problems, I can't even think about it. Boy, how the old Italian women in the neighborhood would yell at us for eating that "meddigahn" garbage, if they saw us walking home with the White Castle bags lol.

Today my favorite fast food is a small chain called "Chirping Chicken." There are maybe half a dozen of them in the city. The one on Amsterdam and 77th is my favorite. When I worked at 76th and Amsterdam, I was there twice a week. They have, in my opinion, the best bird in the city. You get half a chicken, Greek salad and a couple of sides for about 12 bucks. It's delicious, healthy and VERY reasonable for New York City. Hell, a rotisserie chicken at Fairway Market will cost you 15 bucks without the sides.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #600576
04/22/11 02:26 PM
04/22/11 02:26 PM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
The last time I went to NY I stayed on the Upper West Side. I believe it was 95th and West End, but I used to stroll down Amsterdam everyday. I love that neighborhood. Chicken place sounds good.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: pizzaboy] #600585
04/22/11 03:20 PM
04/22/11 03:20 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

FIVE GUYS burgers are the best I've had, also with fresh-made fries, but I've heard IN 'N OUT were good, too. My brother agreed about Five Guys until he had Shake Shack, and now those are his favorite. Will have to try it next time I'm in the city.

I used to love McDonald's, but I never seem to get anything fresh from them most of the time. ohwell Arthur Treacher's Fish and Chips is up there, too.

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Hell, a rotisserie chicken at Fairway Market will cost you 15 bucks without the sides.

$15?? They're like $4.99 or $5.99 here at BJ's. tongue

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: J Geoff] #600586
04/22/11 03:22 PM
04/22/11 03:22 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: J Geoff
FIVE GUYS burgers are the best I've had, also with fresh-made fries

Their hot dogs are awesome as well.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: J Geoff] #600587
04/22/11 03:24 PM
04/22/11 03:24 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Five Guys burgers are awesome. I often pay the toll to get it because there aren't any in the Bronx. But there's one just over the Throggs Neck Bridge on the Queens side (Bayside).

For the record, Geoff. I'd NEVER pay $15 for a friggin chicken. I was just trying to put things in perspective as far as Manhattan prices go.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: J Geoff] #600590
04/22/11 05:35 PM
04/22/11 05:35 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
So, my favorite is In 'n Out Burger. They wisely stick to a limited menu of burgers, fries and drinks. Their Double-Double (two patties with cheese and onions) is tops.

IN-N-OUT's Double-Double is fantastic. I usually get it Animal Style (extra sauce, extra grilled onions, pickles). IN-N-OUT also has a (not so) secret menu for those who want something a little different.

FIVE GUYS burgers are the best I've had...

They're opening one around the corner from my apartment. They'll be opening in about two weeks. I can't wait!

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #600601
04/22/11 10:26 PM
04/22/11 10:26 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Although I try not to indulge, I love fast food. McDonald's and White Castle are my favorite. I don't love Burger King or Wendy's, though. KFC is really delicious, and even Taco Bell has some good stuff on the menu.

When I was a kid, there was a burger chain called Wetson's. Instead of the Big Mac, I think they had a Big W or some such thing. It was a real special treat when my mom took me there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wetson%27s

I also remember going to Horn and Hardart with my mom as a kid. You would put your change in a slot where there was a little window, and the change would open the window and you got your food. They had the world's best rice pudding.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #600603
04/22/11 11:07 PM
04/22/11 11:07 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I liked White Castle when we lived in NJ. Something perversely tasty about those tiny patties grilled over onions.

My favorite growing up was White Castle.

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
McDonald's and White Castle are my favorite.

I'll add my 2¢ and include White Castle on my list. For 74¢ you get a small hamburger that tastes good, is somewhat greasy and slides down without too much chewing (they're nicknamed "sliders"). Eat a dozen of them after having a few drinks and you're good to go.

Pros: Cheap, tasty, fun to eat

Cons: Most of the side orders are not very good (their french fries are TERRIBLE, although their onion rings are passable)

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #600604
04/22/11 11:18 PM
04/22/11 11:18 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I also like their chicken rings. And while I still think McDonald's has the best fries, White Castle's are okay. Don Geoff says that Give Guys are really good, so I'll have to try them one of these days.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #600605
04/22/11 11:31 PM
04/22/11 11:31 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
And while I still think McDonald's has the best fries, White Castle's are okay.

Ewwwwww (White Castle fries). Frozen cardboard.

Do they have any Checkers near you? They have decent burgers and their fries are excellent.

I have to agree about Five Guys fries; they're quite good. Nathan's has great fries, too.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #600623
04/23/11 06:45 AM
04/23/11 06:45 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
McDonald's fries are only good when they're freshly made. If they've been sitting under the heating lamp, fuhgheddaboutit.

I've never been to White Castle, but I've had their frozen sliders, which aren't bad, considering they're frozen.

The best french fries I've EVER had were from Thrasher's, on the boardwalk in Ocean City, Maryland. Big, and greasy. Sprinkle some salt and a little apple cider vinegar on those bad boys, and you're in deep fried potato heaven.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: XDCX] #600639
04/23/11 01:00 PM
04/23/11 01:00 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
Originally Posted By: XDCX
IN-N-OUT's Double-Double is fantastic. I usually get it Animal Style (extra sauce, extra grilled onions, pickles). IN-N-OUT also has a (not so) secret menu for those who want something a little different.

Kindly do tell, XDCX. Please!

Five Guys here has several locations in Phoenix, which is about 95 miles south of here. Haven't tried them. Reviews credit them with excellent burgers and vast assortment of toppings that you self-apply. Their fries only so-so. Reviewers still give the nod to In ' Out.
Arthur Treacher and Wetson are long gone. In the heyday of franchising (early Seventies) Minnie Pearl, Willie Mays (and probably, the homeless guy in the library in Morristown NJ) all lent their names to chains. All folded.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: SC] #600642
04/23/11 01:41 PM
04/23/11 01:41 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Originally Posted By: SC
I'll add my 2¢ and include White Castle on my list. For 74¢ you get a small hamburger that tastes good, is somewhat greasy and slides down without too much chewing (they're nicknamed "sliders"). Eat a dozen of them after having a few drinks and you're good to go.

"Good to go"? That was the problem - you wouldn't stop going...

At the risk of sacrilige, I must say that I never liked White Castle. There used to be two in Brooklyn that were reasonably close (by car) to where I live - one was in Bensonhurst, the other Bay Ridge. The "sliders" (aptly named, unfortunately) tasted like greasy cardboard and the onion rings tasted like they had been soaked in old dishwater. I never saw what the fascination (or nostalgia) was for these unpalatable money-wasters. However, since I appear to be in the minority, I'll admit that it's possible that these two locations were just serving up crap food.

For example:

Just a few blocks walk from my apartment, we had a McDonald's and a Burger King. Over the course of several years, the Burger King went from a nice, clean establishment with good food (and very nice specialty sandwiches) to a dreary, desolate, grimy place with bad food, greasy fries, and everything seemed to be served either at room temperature or just plain cold. In a last-ditch effort to save their business, an Internet Café was added, but to no avail. A once-decent eatery had gone down the dumpers and closed in early 2010. McDonald's is still here, though, but I don't care for their food, the place is way too small (it's in a storefront), and it's usually an overcrowded, rowdy zoo - especially on school days.

Now, the closest "nearby" Burger King is a bus ride away, so if I want any fast food, the only thing near me is a Taco Bell/KFC. And that place used to have a vermin problem. (I know this, because a few years back when I was on line waiting to place an order, I looked up and saw the outline of a rat running around inside one of the ceiling light fixtures. I left immediately.)

So, fast food? Not these days... 'cuz around here it ain't what it used to be. frown

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #600656
04/23/11 04:21 PM
04/23/11 04:21 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California

IN-N-OUT Secret Menu

The Animal Style Double-Double is excellent, as I mentioned, and every now and then I'll get an order of Animal Style Fries...but really...the fries are great as is, so I usually don't bother with the Animal Fries.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #600659
04/23/11 05:15 PM
04/23/11 05:15 PM
G
GerryLang Offline
Underboss
GerryLang  Offline
G
Underboss
The only fast food place I really go to anymore is Chik-Fil-A, it has good customer service, orderly, and clean, plus the nuggets are pretty good. We have Five Guys here in Philadelphia, the burgers are excellent, but the fries are kinda weak, only good thing is they have vinegar on hand for the fries.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #600660
04/23/11 05:30 PM
04/23/11 05:30 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I used to like Ranch 1, but my two local places closed. Their chicken sandwich and fries were amazing. BTW, seems that Arthur Treacher's was bought by Nathan's and that there are some locations that have both menus to offer.

http://nathansfamous.com/PageFetch/getpage.php?pgid=23

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #600695
04/24/11 12:30 AM
04/24/11 12:30 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
When I was a kid, there was a burger chain called Wetson's.

I remember Burger Chef that way -- always went there as a kid (as well as McDonald's). Mmmmm, Big Shef and Super Shef smile

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #600696
04/24/11 12:32 AM
04/24/11 12:32 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

As for chicken, KFC has NOTHING on Popeye's! Wish there was one nearby. ohwell Roy Rogers is pretty good, too.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #600755
04/24/11 03:44 PM
04/24/11 03:44 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I prefer Popeye's to KFC, but my favorite fried chicken (besides my father's) has to be from English's in Maryland. There used to be quite a few English's Family Restaurants around the Eastern Shore area, but they eventually went out of business. There's a diner in Salisbury, Maryland that still serves English's fried chicken, and I remember about once a week, my step-mom would stop by and grab a bucket, plus a side of their delicious red skinned mashed potatoes (with the skin still on) and gravy.

English's fried chicken has a reddish hue to it, and the texture of the breading is more like a crust than normal chicken skin. This keeps all the juices locked in, so as soon as you bite into the chicken, all the juices are released, and it is just indescribable.

Now I want some... frown ohwell

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #600780
04/24/11 08:31 PM
04/24/11 08:31 PM

J
Jk987
Unregistered
Jk987
J
Unregistered

Steak 'n Shake.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: XDCX] #600784
04/24/11 09:08 PM
04/24/11 09:08 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ

IN-N-OUT Secret Menu

The Animal Style Double-Double is excellent, as I mentioned, and every now and then I'll get an order of Animal Style Fries...but really...the fries are great as is, so I usually don't bother with the Animal Fries.

All-RIIIGHT! Thanks,XDCX! smile I bookmarked that page.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: J Geoff] #600785
04/24/11 09:11 PM
04/24/11 09:11 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ

Roy Rogers is pretty good, too.

Geoff, there were several in my general area of NJ. The Fixin's Bar made a square meal (healthy, too) out of a fairly plain burger. They seemed to all closed or been absorbed by another chain. Last one I remember was the one in Penn Station.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #600814
04/25/11 12:57 AM
04/25/11 12:57 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I have no opinion on the Roy Rogers burgers -- never had one -- just the fried chicken. The roast beef sandwiches were nothing special, about on par with (or a step up from) Arby's (which I used to like, too, until the last one I had was spoiled and haven't gone back since)...

But as an aside to fried chicken, the Foodtown by me has great fried chicken. Shop-Rite has terrible fried chicken. And Pathmark seems to be somewhere in the middle, visually, but I won't try them -- their deli area is a disgrace, as bad as their produce, but I get most everything else there (great prices) as it's the closest to me. Well, not great prices for their fried chicken. $1 for a freakin' wing is ridiculous! ohwell

Last edited by J Geoff; 04/25/11 01:02 AM.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #600857
04/25/11 11:10 AM
04/25/11 11:10 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Anyone remember Chicken Delite? There was one in my old neighborhood growing up. Not sure if it was Delite or Delight, but I always wanted to try it, it smelled so good, but my parents never bought it.

Edit: The best fried chicken I ever had out was in a restaurant in Sarasota, Florida. Apparently, Sarasota has an Amish population, and a few Amish restaurants, the most famous of which is Yoder's. The food was phenomenal, ridiculously affordable, and we won't even get started on the PIES!! We ate in two different (one was Yoder's) places, but they were equally good. Highly recommended if you're ever in that area.

Last edited by Sicilian Babe; 04/25/11 11:13 AM.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #600874
04/25/11 01:23 PM
04/25/11 01:23 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Anyone remember Chicken Delite?

I'm pretty sure that's where J.J. Evans worked. Seriously.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #600880
04/25/11 01:36 PM
04/25/11 01:36 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Anyone remember Chicken Delite? There was one in my old neighborhood growing up. Not sure if it was Delite or Delight, but I always wanted to try it, it smelled so good, but my parents never bought it.

You didn't miss much!!! The best part of Chicken Delight was their jingle.... "Don't cook tonight, call Chicken Delight"

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #600882
04/25/11 01:48 PM
04/25/11 01:48 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Anyone remember Chicken Delite? There was one in my old neighborhood growing up.

White Plains Road in the 230's?

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: pizzaboy] #600885
04/25/11 01:54 PM
04/25/11 01:54 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Anyone remember Chicken Delite? There was one in my old neighborhood growing up.

I remember it was right near the Wakefield, so it must have been.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #600886
04/25/11 01:58 PM
04/25/11 01:58 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

I remember it was right near the Wakefield, so it must have been.

Okay, then it's the one I was thinking of, too. After Chicken Delite (Delight?) it became a Kennedy's Fried Chicken. Today I think it's a Dunkin Donuts. Most of the fast food in that neighborhood today is Caribbean. Something like 90 percent of the zip code is either Jamaican or Haitian now.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: pizzaboy] #600901
04/25/11 02:47 PM
04/25/11 02:47 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
The Chicken Delight in our neighborhood in Brooklyn inspired my sister to claim that they sold "polio chickens." sick

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #601103
04/27/11 11:45 AM
04/27/11 11:45 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I've been having a Big Mac Attack for days now. Hope you're all happy.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #601108
04/27/11 12:40 PM
04/27/11 12:40 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Mickey D's???? panic

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #601119
04/27/11 02:14 PM
04/27/11 02:14 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I love Big Macs. I think they are nectar from heaven. I try to avoid temptation, but once in a while, you just have to give in.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Sicilian Babe] #601147
04/27/11 07:05 PM
04/27/11 07:05 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
I used to have a weakness for Big Macs, back in the days when I was young, svelte and foolish.

However, in central New York state, many years ago, there was a competitor of McDonald's called Carrol's. Their version of a Big Mac was called a Club Burger and the sauce was different - and better, IMO. Ultimately, Carroll's was absorbed by Burger King in the 1970's. A real pity.

I can remember back when I was in college, sitting in Carrol's with my girlfriend at the time, shoveling down four Club Burgers at one sitting (with fries and soda) and never gaining a pound. She would just stare at me in silent amazement - or maybe it was horror. My metabolism was a lot different back then! Now, I can feel my waistline expanding just from thinking about the stuff... frown

These days, two Burger King Whoppers would hold me for a couple of days. But I'm not up for taking two buses to get to the nearest one in my area.

On the other hand... whistle

Signor V.

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Signor Vitelli] #601154
04/27/11 07:44 PM
04/27/11 07:44 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Signor Vitelli
I used to have a weakness for Big Macs, back in the days when I was young, svelte and foolish.

You're still foolish, and as for the rest, who cares what happened 200 years ago?

You and me are due for a fast-food run, Brooklyn-style. You bring the Maalox, I'll supply the Imodium.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: SC] #601164
04/27/11 09:14 PM
04/27/11 09:14 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
You and me are due for a fast-food run, Brooklyn-style. You bring the Maalox, I'll supply the Imodium.

Who'll bring the Geritol? tongue

Signor V.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #601399
04/29/11 04:24 PM
04/29/11 04:24 PM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
The old mid-Atlantic chain Gino's, which was great, is trying a comeback:

http://www.ginosgiant.com/

There are still a few Roy Rogers around the DC area.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: mustachepete] #601581
05/01/11 08:26 PM
05/01/11 08:26 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
The Five Guys around the corner just opened yesterday. I decided to stop in today for a burger and fries, and since I just had a Double Double (Animal Style) from IN-N-OUT a couple days ago, I figured it would be the perfect opportunity to compare the two.

First off, when I got to Five Guys, the line was out the friggin' door, but the line was moving fast, so it wasn't that big of a deal. I ordered a cheeseburger (two patties) with grilled onions, jalapenos, and A-1 Steak Sauce (because A-1 on a burger is awesome!) I also got a regular order of Cajun fries and a large iced tea. The total came out to $10.74...FOR A BURGER AND FRIES!!! eek

I waited about 25 minutes before my order was ready, and by this point I'm thinking "For 11 bucks, this better be as good as I remember..."

I grab my order, get home, and dig in. The first thing I notice is my order of fries. Thank goodness I got just a regular order, because there's clearly enough for two people! I can't even imagine how big the large order of fries are. The thing I remembered most about Five Guys were the fries, and they certainly didn't disappoint this time. The Cajun fries are suitably spicy, but not overpowering, and not too salty, either. The fries were better than I remembered, and certainly in a league of their own, as far as fast food french fries are concerned.

Now the burger. They loaded it with the topping I asked for, which is a plus, and it was dripping with melting cheese. When I said I wanted a cheeseburger, they gave me a cheeseburger! The burger itself was delicious, certainly as good as I remembered from the last time I had Five Guys (at least 5 years ago), but since that time...I have experienced IN-N-OUT, the mecca of fast food cheeseburgers, as far as I am concerned. And while the Five Guys burger is universally excellent, it doesn't quite hold up to IN-N-OUT's Double-Double. Both use fresh ground beef (never frozen), fresh ingredients, and they both make your burgers to order. But there's something missing from Five Guys (perhaps a little seasoning to the meat, a little salt and pepper can go a long way) that causes me to give the nod to IN-N-OUT.

Five Guys will certainly get my business again (they're right around the corner, and their fries can't be beat), but the most excellent burger in town (for me) is IN-N-OUT.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: XDCX] #601582
05/01/11 08:39 PM
05/01/11 08:39 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
X -

Oddly enough, your In-n-Out was on tv today (The Travel Channel was showing the best places for hamburgers), and I was thinking about ya.

Your "report" on Five Guys sounds right to me.... a large order of fries can easily feed three people. The only thing I'll differ on is their Cajun Fries. I don't like my food too spicy so I'll stay away from the Cajun (it's nothing more than spices that are shaken on to the fries).

The toppings are free... dunno why your burger cost so much. confused

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #601583
05/01/11 08:46 PM
05/01/11 08:46 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
X, thanks for sharing. I'll go get some napkins to wipe the drool off my chin now.

I love burgers. Although it's not a fast food place, our local pub does buy one get one free burgers on Monday nights. My daughter's 21st birthday is on a Monday this year, so she wants to have beer and burgers that day.

They make the best Jucy Loosey, so I'm looking forward to it myself!

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: SC] #601584
05/01/11 08:49 PM
05/01/11 08:49 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
The burger itself came out to around $5.20, the regular order of fries was $2.39, and the large iced tea was $1.89. Factor in California's 8.75% sales tax, and it makes sense.

The biggest thing that will keep me away from Five Guys is the price. I can get a Double-Double at IN-N-OUT for less than four bucks, and it is excellent. If I have a hankering for fries, however, Five Guys will get my business.

I think next time I'll try a hot dog (on your recommendation, SC.) smile

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: XDCX] #601585
05/01/11 09:03 PM
05/01/11 09:03 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
OK... all three items were $10. That makes sense. If you're eating the food there in the store buy a small soda and save some money. The refills are free.

I haven't had any of their food in a few months (and they're only two blocks away from me).... I've been on a kick to cut out fast food, but I think I'll pay them a visit this week. grin

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #601624
05/01/11 11:24 PM
05/01/11 11:24 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I tried the Five Guys cajun fries once -- and while I love spice and all, I like their regular fries better. And yeah, they give you TOO MUCH. Wish I could try an In & Out to compare, but for me, Five Guys is the best CHAIN burger I've had. I've had better in restaurants, of course -- but that's at twice the cost of even Five Guys, so, of course...

But honestly... FRESH, HOT McDonald's fries are still my favorite. I don't care that they're frozen. wink

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: J Geoff] #601864
05/03/11 08:16 AM
05/03/11 08:16 AM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
I dunno, maybe I'm old fashioned, but paying $10.74 for a burger and fries means that somebody is definitely getting the old IN-N-OUT (Animal style)... and I ain't talkin' about fast food! whistle

Signor V.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Signor Vitelli] #601940
05/03/11 03:08 PM
05/03/11 03:08 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I dunno, maybe I'm old fashioned, but paying $10.74 for a burger and fries means that somebody is definitely getting the old IN-N-OUT (Animal style)... and I ain't talkin' about fast food! whistle

Signor V.

blush lol clap

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Signor Vitelli] #601942
05/03/11 03:32 PM
05/03/11 03:32 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I dunno, maybe I'm old fashioned, but paying $10.74 for a burger and fries means that somebody is definitely getting the old IN-N-OUT (Animal style)... and I ain't talkin' about fast food!

OK. To put it into terms with which you might have a basis for comparison.... the same amount of food at Mickey D's would cost about a dollar more.

The Five Guys burger is easily comparable to McD's Big Mac (and Five Guys tatstes MUCH better). Five Guys' fries <small order> equals three large McD's fries. Plus a large soda from both.

You have to see it and eat it to understand.... it's not just a burger and fries.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: SC] #601945
05/03/11 04:19 PM
05/03/11 04:19 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
I dunno, maybe I'm old fashioned, but paying $10.74 for a burger and fries means that somebody is definitely getting the old IN-N-OUT (Animal style)... and I ain't talkin' about fast food!

OK. To put it into terms with which you might have a basis for comparison.... the same amount of food at Mickey D's would cost about a dollar more.

The Five Guys burger is easily comparable to McD's Big Mac (and Five Guys tatstes MUCH better). Five Guys' fries <small order> equals three large McD's fries. Plus a large soda from both.

You have to see it and eat it to understand.... it's not just a burger and fries.

I think that is the main thing, for me. While $10.74 seems like a lot of money to pay for a burger and fries, it is easily justifiable (for me anyway) when the food is delicious, and you get a lot of it. Five Guys (and IN-N-OUT) certainly give you a lot of bang for your buck.

Hell, I've spent $30 bucks for dinner at Red Robin with my girlfriend, and all we ate THAT night were burgers and fries. The food was delicious, though. (BTW, if any of you ever go to Red Robin, get the A1 Peppercorn Burger. I will go ahead and say you're welcome in advance.)

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #602038
05/04/11 10:45 AM
05/04/11 10:45 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
I really like hot dogs

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: XDCX] #602057
05/04/11 12:15 PM
05/04/11 12:15 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
We have a Red Robin here, right across from In 'n Out and McDonald's. Red Robin has pretty decent burger-and-fries, but I still prefer In 'n Out. That McDonald's is incredibly bad.

Last year, Consumer Reports rated fast food burger chains. In 'n Out and (I think) Carl's Junior topped the list. McD and Burger King came in dead last.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #602062
05/04/11 02:03 PM
05/04/11 02:03 PM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Ultimately - and this is the frustrating part for me - while cost, portion size and food quality are certainly the most important factors in rating fast food, it also comes down to something else: availability.

Sad to say, that here in my part of Brooklyn it's ridiculous that most of the aforementioned franchises simply do not exist. You have McDonald's, Burger King, KFC/Taco Bell, and the occasional Subway. Very little else. And what little else there might be is pretty much only an option if you have a car (I do not) or are willing to take buses or trains.

Quite ridiculous, if you ask me.

Signor V.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Signor Vitelli] #602094
05/04/11 08:54 PM
05/04/11 08:54 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
...but you can probably get kosher Chinese and falafel... lol

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #602106
05/05/11 12:52 AM
05/05/11 12:52 AM
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
Signor Vitelli Offline
Underboss
Signor Vitelli  Offline
Underboss
Bar Vitelli, Queens, NY
...but you can probably get kosher Chinese and falafel... lol

I never really cared for Kosher Chinese restaurants. I like shrimp and some pork dishes, so there goes that. And it never really tastes as good, at least to my palate.

And then there's the price... mad We're back to the old IN-'N-OUT (Animal Style). Ouch! Or maybe that should be, Oy!

Now a good falafel, on the other hand... Yum!

At least I have a decent real Chinese take-out establishment right around the corner from me, and just a few doors down is a pizzeria that has been here for decades. Also on the same block is Adelman's Deli. Across the street is a Turkish restaurant that actually has very palatable fare at very reasonable prices.

So, it's not a total desert out there!

Signor V.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Signor Vitelli] #602113
05/05/11 02:17 AM
05/05/11 02:17 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Now a good falafel, on the other hand... Yum!

Just made/had that tonight. From a mix (from Lebanon -- just add water, wait an hour, roll, then fry), but still pretty good -- bought it at a Turkish market, along with the accompanying Tahini. Standing in for the Tzatziki was a Greek yogurt dip w/ similar flavorings (cucumber/dill/feta -- not enough cuc, too much feta), with plain Greek yogurt added into it to mellow it out a little. Served in whole wheat pitas with sliced tomato (didn't have lettuce). Good stuff!

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: J Geoff] #602460
05/08/11 09:36 PM
05/08/11 09:36 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Had Chinese take-out last night from my favorite Chinese restaurant in Garden Grove (borderline Orange), right across the street from the famed Crystal Cathedral. It's a place called Hong Kong Express. There are locations all over Orange County, but I only go to the one in Garden Grove. They give you a ton of food, the prices are low, and the food is amazing. Their orange chicken is the best I have EVER had, and the rest of their food is fantastic (last night I had orange chicken, spicy shredded pork, and chow mein.)

Dee-lish! smile

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: XDCX] #602529
05/09/11 03:13 PM
05/09/11 03:13 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
Another source of "fast food" is supermarkets. I often buy the wraps and pre-made sandwiches at Fry's, a big chain here. Also, salad bars at some stores can be really good--and quick.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #602536
05/09/11 03:37 PM
05/09/11 03:37 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Another source of "fast food" is supermarkets. I often buy the wraps and pre-made sandwiches at Fry's, a big chain here. Also, salad bars at some stores can be really good--and quick.

I agree, TB. I find this especially true when I'm in Florida. I'm sure you're familiar with the Publix chain down there. Maybe it's just because there are so many demanding New York retirees in South Florida, but the deli and appy sections in those stores have become almost gourmet. I find myself buying things like whitefish salad in a supermarket! That was unheard of just a few years ago.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: pizzaboy] #602591
05/09/11 09:31 PM
05/09/11 09:31 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
I never knew Publix until my folks bought a condo in Hallandale. Clean stores, good food--and, clean toilets in the front of the store! Just try finding a john in a NYC-area supermarket (usually hidden away in the loading dock), and then try to muster the courage to use it. sick

A friend who was a pharmacist in a supermarket says prepared foods are their highest-profitability items.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #602593
05/09/11 09:52 PM
05/09/11 09:52 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
A friend who was a pharmacist in a supermarket says prepared foods are their highest-profitability items.

More than the drugs??? grin

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: J Geoff] #602680
05/10/11 09:23 PM
05/10/11 09:23 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
lol

Probably not.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #602809
05/12/11 03:15 PM
05/12/11 03:15 PM
C
ChristianBay Offline
Associate
ChristianBay  Offline
C
Associate
I mostly eat fast food from McDonald's ... actually I'm not a fan of this meal, as a rule there is added any yuck, just sometimes I want or do not have time to eat.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #655903
07/18/12 11:17 AM
07/18/12 11:17 AM
N
Norris Offline
Associate
Norris  Offline
N
Associate

Subway topped the list of the country's favorite fast food restaurants, beating out burger pushers McDonald's, Burger King and Five Guys. Runners up were Dairy Queen and Wendy's, in second and third place respectively.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #669773
10/11/12 02:45 AM
10/11/12 02:45 AM
USA
H
Hidden Offline
Associate
Hidden  Offline
H
Associate
USA
Fajita pizza and zinger burger are my favorite fast foods.
They are spicy and tasty.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #670552
10/16/12 07:34 PM
10/16/12 07:34 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
mcdonalds
taco bell
kfc

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #671606
10/23/12 01:45 PM
10/23/12 01:45 PM
Wilson Offline
Capo
Wilson  Offline
Capo
For me I would have to say White Castle. Give me 3 Double Jalpeno Sliders and chicken rings with a side of BBQ Sauce. The fries are good too! The original slider is a classic and hits the spot!

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #671732
10/24/12 12:14 AM
10/24/12 12:14 AM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
The Big Mac is the old reliable.
The same with the crunchwrap supreme from Taco Bell.
The last couple of years though, a chicken Burrito from a local cain called Z-Techa.

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: mr. soprano] #698132
02/20/13 05:48 PM
02/20/13 05:48 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
A flyer in my local paper today has coupons for Jack in the Box's new cheeseburger creation: "The Hot Mess." It conjurs obnoxious canine images... sick

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #700183
02/27/13 09:47 PM
02/27/13 09:47 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
Zoning Board in the town next to mine gave approval for a Culver's outlet. Anyone familiar with Culver's? I looked them up on the web--seems they offer more than the usual fast food?

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: NickyEyes1] #700211
02/27/13 11:58 PM
02/27/13 11:58 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
In exile watching star wars an...
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
mcdonalds
taco bell
kfc

Will you bare my children?

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Skinny] #700257
02/28/13 10:46 AM
02/28/13 10:46 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Skinny
Will you bare my children?

You want your kids to run around naked? confused

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #700349
02/28/13 08:53 PM
02/28/13 08:53 PM
M
Mark Offline
Underboss
Mark  Offline
M
Underboss
Zoning Board in the town next to mine gave approval for a Culver's outlet. Anyone familiar with Culver's? I looked them up on the web--seems they offer more than the usual fast food?

TB - Culver's is terrific. They have the best onion rings and fries out there. They have every kind of burger, fish sandwich, etc. Very tasty! You won't be disappointed.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #700431
03/01/13 09:38 AM
03/01/13 09:38 AM
Brooklyn
R
RichieAnimal Offline
Capo
RichieAnimal  Offline
R
Capo
Brooklyn
I like the Jackson hole for burgers

Only the unloved hate
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #700432
03/01/13 09:39 AM
03/01/13 09:39 AM
Brooklyn
R
RichieAnimal Offline
Capo
RichieAnimal  Offline
R
Capo
Brooklyn
When I go to Berlin I get a ton of big macs at McDonald's.

Only the unloved hate
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Mark] #700680
03/02/13 05:54 PM
03/02/13 05:54 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
Originally Posted By: Mark

TB - Culver's is terrific. They have the best onion rings and fries out there. They have every kind of burger, fish sandwich, etc. Very tasty! You won't be disappointed.

Thanks Mark.
Are they more of a sit-down/be served place? Or more like McDonalds etc.?

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #700739
03/03/13 07:33 AM
03/03/13 07:33 AM
Scotland
Camarel Offline
Underboss
Camarel  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Kfc or McDonalds probably..

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Camarel] #700771
03/03/13 12:56 PM
03/03/13 12:56 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
Thanks to all. smile Will give Culver's a try. Local paper says they'll start construction in April, open in July.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #700810
03/03/13 06:58 PM
03/03/13 06:58 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
subway,mcdonals,dominos pizza,burger king

i dont eat fast food often though

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #700841
03/03/13 09:22 PM
03/03/13 09:22 PM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
There's a local place around here called The Hat that has some really delicious food. Their pastrami and roast beef dips are great, and they serve the biggest order of chili-cheese fries you've ever seen. They have some good burgers and hot dogs, too.

The Hat

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: XDCX] #701558
03/08/13 10:39 AM
03/08/13 10:39 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
A fitting song!

he went to the bathroom / didn't even wash his hands / he's fixing my food dude / that aint part of the plan

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #710544
04/14/13 06:30 PM
04/14/13 06:30 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
Sonic
Waffle House
Jimmy Johns {Subs)
White Castle
Hardy's/Carls Jr
Chick Filet
Arby's

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: bigboy] #711240
04/18/13 02:28 AM
04/18/13 02:28 AM
Copperopolis, CA
Pilsner Offline
Button
Pilsner  Offline
Button
Copperopolis, CA
My wife just learned that Kentucky Fried Chicken has plans to eventually get rid of the bones in their chicken and I had to talk her back down from the ledge.

I suppose the bones were slowing America down from the chicken meat.

Steven Gomez is an indie writer in the best (or worst) pulp tradition.
Visit The Noir Factory to get the FREE Ebook "The Standing Eight"
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #712737
04/25/13 09:57 PM
04/25/13 09:57 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
If im on the road in the hick sticks I'll eat that Arby's shit.

Might haveto tomorrow.

Pisses me off.

DP

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Pilsner] #713844
05/03/13 11:36 PM
05/03/13 11:36 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: Pilsner
My wife just learned that Kentucky Fried Chicken has plans to eventually get rid of the bones in their chicken and I had to talk her back down from the ledge.

I suppose the bones were slowing America down from the chicken meat.

LMAO.

I never liked KFC. In gritty neighborhoods of NYC, we have Kennedy Fried Chicken. I remember when I was young when school would let out I would stop by Kennedy Fried Chicken and buy a huge ice cream cone (3 big scoops for $1). Those were always good.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Pilsner] #713968
05/04/13 09:21 PM
05/04/13 09:21 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
Originally Posted By: Pilsner
My wife just learned that Kentucky Fried Chicken has plans to eventually get rid of the bones in their chicken...

...I bet Bloomberg forced them into that to protect NYers from choking... lol

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Dapper_Don] #714116
05/05/13 04:08 PM
05/05/13 04:08 PM
Copperopolis, CA
Pilsner Offline
Button
Pilsner  Offline
Button
Copperopolis, CA

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
I never liked KFC. In gritty neighborhoods of NYC, we have Kennedy Fried Chicken. I remember when I was young when school would let out I would stop by Kennedy Fried Chicken and buy a huge ice cream cone (3 big scoops for $1). Those were always good.

On the west coast, KFC was considered to be the best of the chicken chains. The grittier neighborhoods had Churches Chickens. Around my grandmother's house in East Oakland there were about five franchises!

Steven Gomez is an indie writer in the best (or worst) pulp tradition.
Visit The Noir Factory to get the FREE Ebook "The Standing Eight"
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #714121
05/05/13 04:20 PM
05/05/13 04:20 PM
New Jersey
Five_Felonies Offline
Underboss
Five_Felonies  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey
I bet Bloomberg forced them into that to protect NYers from choking... lol

that would be funnier if it wasn't something that has probably crossed his mind before.

on the topic of fast food, stewarts root beer here in central jersey makes some damn good burgeres/fries/onion rings, and their root beer is the best as far as i'm concerned! the windmill also makes some great bugers, and the hotdogs and cheese fries are also great!

Last edited by Five_Felonies; 05/05/13 04:50 PM.

It's either blue cheese with wings or go fuck yer mudda!
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #714839
05/09/13 12:42 PM
05/09/13 12:42 PM
VanillaLimeCoke Offline
Button
VanillaLimeCoke  Offline
Button
Checkers

Texas Ranch House used to have lots tacos, chicken wings, garlic bread, pizzas not much to drink though. Anyway, they shut down.

Church's Chicken used to sell nice tacos, but they stopped doing so.

Hey there buddy, What’s Up? Patricia told us you were coming. My name is Luke and I’m team hoarden all the way. I ain’t no bad hombre. Everybody’s gonna tell you I got a big mouth though. I spoil the endings to movies. -Dennis from GLASS

Hey, can we keep it under 60? I’m still trying to pay for all this dental work. -Simon from TRUE LIES
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #715267
05/12/13 09:23 AM
05/12/13 09:23 AM
Berlin, Germany
Danito Offline
Underboss
Danito  Offline
Underboss
Berlin, Germany
Döner Kebab is the number one choice in Berlin.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #717631
05/29/13 01:29 AM
05/29/13 01:29 AM
M
MikeMoon Offline
Associate
MikeMoon  Offline
M
Associate
Hi, I am also really like to eat fast food and burger is my favorite it have many reason as like you can eat it in any position if you are walking or during the driving and you can get it form any where.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: MikeMoon] #719521
06/09/13 02:11 PM
06/09/13 02:11 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Never eat it. Fast food for me is celery sticks and hummus.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Danito] #719784
06/10/13 10:46 PM
06/10/13 10:46 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
Originally Posted By: Danito
Döner Kebab is the number one choice in Berlin.

Not surprising, given all the Turks in Germany.

I remember, in the early Sixties, when West Germany was so short of labor in the Onkel Ludi years that hundreds of thousands of gastarbeiter were welcomed. Many worked at Volkswagenwerk AG, which was the symbol (at least in America) of the "German Economic Miracle."

But, another German "fast food" got an unwitting boost from President Kennedy in that era. Making his famous visit to the Berlin Wall, JFK said, "Ich bin ein Berliner."
He meant to say that he was standing, as one, with Berliners. But "ein Berliner" is a German pastry; so what he said to the Germans was, "I am a pastry." He should have said, "Ich bin Berliner."

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #719912
06/11/13 02:53 PM
06/11/13 02:53 PM
Berlin, Germany
Danito Offline
Underboss
Danito  Offline
Underboss
Berlin, Germany
Original geschrieben von: Turnbull

But, another German "fast food" got an unwitting boost from President Kennedy in that era. Making his famous visit to the Berlin Wall, JFK said, "Ich bin ein Berliner."
He meant to say that he was standing, as one, with Berliners. But "ein Berliner" is a German pastry; so what he said to the Germans was, "I am a pastry." He should have said, "Ich bin Berliner."

That's a myth. He said what he meant, and everybody got the message. In some parts of West Germany a donut-like pastry is called "Berliner". In Southern Germany they call it "Krapfen". And in the Eastern parts of Germany (including West Berlin) it's called "Pfannkuchen". But even in West Germany nobody misunderstood him.
We even have a pastry called "Amerikaner". smile

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #719925
06/11/13 03:29 PM
06/11/13 03:29 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Wendys

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Don Smitty] #719926
06/11/13 03:30 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Hi

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Don Smitty] #719927
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Hi

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Don Smitty] #719928
06/11/13 03:31 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Originally Posted By: Don Smitty
Hi

Hi

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Capo de La Cosa Nostra] #719930
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
A fitting song!

he went to the bathroom / didn't even wash his hands / he's fixing my food dude / that aint part of the plan

Lol

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #735604
08/20/13 03:03 AM
08/20/13 03:03 AM
USA
Arina Offline
Associate
Arina  Offline
Associate
USA
I ate Crizma Burger with great fun lol lol lol Its my favorite fast food .

YOU'LL BE BANNED IF YOU ADD SPAM TO YOUR POSTS AGAIN - SC

Last edited by SC; 09/05/13 05:15 PM.
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #753808
12/16/13 10:57 PM
12/16/13 10:57 PM
California
M
Mikey_Sunset Offline
Capo
Mikey_Sunset  Offline
M
Capo
California
In the Bay Area we have a local chain called Nations and they have the best burgers by far. On a national note I'd have to pick Wendys or A&W.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #754004
12/17/13 07:20 PM
12/17/13 07:20 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I tried the triple steak stack from Taco Bell last week. Oh, it was so very delicious.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: dontomasso] #754263
12/19/13 10:44 AM
12/19/13 10:44 AM
fortunato Offline
Made Member
fortunato  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Never eat it. Fast food for me is celery sticks and hummus.

I also never eat fast food, hate it. When I was a little kid my mother would never let me eat any fast food so whenever I would go out with friends that is what we would eat, but then one day around 4:00 in the morning we went to McDonalds and I saw the grossest thing ever and refused to eat fast food ever again.
LOVE hummus though.

If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone.
~ Michael Corlelone

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #754598
12/20/13 05:32 PM
12/20/13 05:32 PM
dgvc63 Offline
Made Member
dgvc63  Offline
Made Member
"big beef with hot" Portillo's or Al's or down to Punky's for a slice.

"There are no friends in crime." ~ Muccanera

"Look everyone right in the eye and walk in like you own the joint." ~ Me

È negli occhi
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: dgvc63] #757273
01/06/14 01:43 PM
01/06/14 01:43 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Thai chicken wrap from Evos.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #763992
02/16/14 03:35 PM
02/16/14 03:35 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
Favorite is the sandwiches from Jimmie Johns,, a gormet sandwich chain which is spreading here in Dixie. They are great subs on "Homemade" rolls. Hardy's is good but not healthy

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #764170
02/17/14 02:59 PM
02/17/14 02:59 PM
C
ChiSox74 Offline
Button
ChiSox74  Offline
C
Button
Portillos's where they make hot dogs the right way just the way Joe Fosco likes em'

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #764366
02/18/14 03:07 PM
02/18/14 03:07 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
We have 5 guys, but I think Cook-out is even better- their burgers taste just like you grilled them in the back yard. They also have about 30-40 varieties of milkshake.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: bigboy] #764456
02/18/14 09:22 PM
02/18/14 09:22 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
Culver's opened near here about 10 days ago. Basically a fast food hamburger place with a more varied menu, including
Reuben sandwich. Pretty good burger with fixings. But In 'n Out is still the champ for me.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #764468
02/18/14 10:23 PM
02/18/14 10:23 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
Went to Zinburger for the first time last week. Although it's not "fast food", it is a burger joint, and I don't get the fuss. It wasn't BAD, but it wasn't even close to the best burger I've ever had. And at $11 for a bacon cheeseburger with no sides included, it really should be!

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #764547
02/19/14 12:01 PM
02/19/14 12:01 PM
Pennsylvania
klydon1 Offline
klydon1  Offline

Pennsylvania
I've slowed down on the burgers. Five Guys is good, but when it comes to getting a fast meal from the counter of a chain restaurant, I go with Chipotle. I've always been very satisfiesd there.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #764757
02/20/14 07:05 AM
02/20/14 07:05 AM
afriendofours Offline
Underboss
afriendofours  Offline
Underboss
Has to be a chicken vindaloo curry for me, with pilau rice and naan bread. Heaven.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #772808
04/13/14 03:42 AM
04/13/14 03:42 AM
afriendofours Offline
Underboss
afriendofours  Offline
Underboss
Sky Scraper Burger from recently.

2 8oz beef burgers and lots of doner kebab meat. Cheese and other garnishes/sauces.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #772809
04/13/14 03:44 AM
04/13/14 03:44 AM
afriendofours Offline
Underboss
afriendofours  Offline
Underboss
A Chicken Maryland - Chinese Take-away is always good, which if your from the UK and eat at Chinese Takeaways, will probably see on the European section of the menus.

Fried chicken breast, sausage, ham, chips and usually comes with battered banana and pineapple with syrup for desert.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #772819
04/13/14 07:00 AM
04/13/14 07:00 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
IN and Out burger.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #781873
06/03/14 05:06 PM
06/03/14 05:06 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
We're getting a Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers outlet here. Anyone have an opinion about them?

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #781884
06/03/14 05:28 PM
06/03/14 05:28 PM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
We're getting a Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers outlet here. Anyone have an opinion about them?

My dog and I drive through one for a hot dog (each) occasionally. They do shoestring fries, which is nice for a change. The hot dogs are competent, on a toasted, buttered bun. A little on the small side. The chili tastes okay, but it's more puree than chunky. They occasionally give my dog a little custard in a dish, and he seems to like that pretty well.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: afriendofours] #781928
06/03/14 08:46 PM
06/03/14 08:46 PM
California
M
Mikey_Sunset Offline
Capo
Mikey_Sunset  Offline
M
Capo
California
Fries at a Chinese place? That's something I've never seen here in San Francisco where we have at least one Chinese restaurant on every commercial block. There are plenty of Chinese and Vietnamese owned donut shops which serve their particular native foods. I've never tried the Chinese or Vietnamese dishes but the donuts are horrible!

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #782032
06/04/14 02:22 PM
06/04/14 02:22 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
When I go to Berlin and I go often. My favorite fast food is pizza and big macs.

Any of you Berliners ever eaten at Sibling Rivalry?

only the unloved hate
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #782393
06/06/14 12:39 PM
06/06/14 12:39 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
I'm relatively strict about my diet 6 days out of 7. But as a cheat meal...well, what to choose. Belgium has an invasion of McDonalds restaurants, but when I go across the border I prefer Burger King or KFC. Other treats are Chinese takeaway, a Döner Kebab or Pasta Carbonara.
Come to think of it, it's been a long time since I last had McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Chinese, Kebab or Carbonara lol

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #790833
07/22/14 04:28 AM
07/22/14 04:28 AM
usa
F
fanaledrinks Offline
Wiseguy
fanaledrinks  Offline
F
Wiseguy
usa
As for chicken, KFC has NOTHING on Popeye's! Wish there was one nearby. It's pretty good, very nice taste to eat.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #790838
07/22/14 05:09 AM
07/22/14 05:09 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
White Castle. Nothing better than a few Belly Bombers, murder burgers, when it's 3:00 am and had a few!

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Beanshooter] #820565
12/23/14 10:52 PM
12/23/14 10:52 PM
New York
PetroPirelli Offline
Underboss
PetroPirelli  Offline
Underboss
New York
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
White Castle. Nothing better than a few Belly Bombers, murder burgers, when it's 3:00 am and had a few!

smile

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #861177
09/24/15 09:50 PM
09/24/15 09:50 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Had KFC tonight, can not even remember last time I ate it.

Really not bad, 2-wings and a breast original.
Potatoe wedges, corn on cob.

I better workout tomorrow.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #861190
09/24/15 11:36 PM
09/24/15 11:36 PM
Baltimore
HandsomeStevie Offline
Underboss
HandsomeStevie  Offline
Underboss
Baltimore
In Colorado they have this sandwich place called Jersey Mikes.. BEST fuckin cheesesteaks ive ever had in my life. Better then any Philly cheese steak ive ever gotten from Genos or Pats in Philly. Also in Denver theres a lot of spanish people, so theres a lot of fast food taco places and mexican food. Some good ones are Rico Pollo and Tacos Rapidos!

Death Before Dishonor
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #861192
09/24/15 11:46 PM
09/24/15 11:46 PM
Baltimore
HandsomeStevie Offline
Underboss
HandsomeStevie  Offline
Underboss
Baltimore

Theres a Freddys like a mile from my house. I have been meaning to try them for a while now but I hear they are good..

Death Before Dishonor
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #861193
09/24/15 11:47 PM
09/24/15 11:47 PM
Baltimore
HandsomeStevie Offline
Underboss
HandsomeStevie  Offline
Underboss
Baltimore
Also In Colorado they have Fire House subs. They are so damn good. Not sure what other states they are located.

Death Before Dishonor
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #861353
09/26/15 09:06 PM
09/26/15 09:06 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Heard firehouse subs really good

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: HandsomeStevie] #861774
09/30/15 12:15 PM
09/30/15 12:15 PM
North America
Mr. Blonde Offline
Capo
Mr. Blonde  Offline
Capo
North America
Originally Posted By: HandsomeStevie
Also In Colorado they have Fire House subs. They are so damn good. Not sure what other states they are located.

For sandwiches, I stick to Which Wich, so I haven't tried Firehouse. What makes Firehouse so good?

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #861830
09/30/15 06:48 PM
09/30/15 06:48 PM
New York
Purple2K Offline
Wiseguy
Purple2K  Offline
Wiseguy
New York
I love Wendy's so much. Their burgers, chicken sandwiches, fries and shakes are the best. Compare them to other restaurants, they can kick their asses.

Last edited by Purple2K; 09/30/15 06:48 PM.
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #862227
10/03/15 04:21 PM
10/03/15 04:21 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I like bellie busters on occasion White Castle. With that crappy orange drink. Have not had them in years. I think I will sneak out and buy them. My wife and kids go nuts if they catch me.

They seem to want to keep me alive those knuckleheads.

only the unloved hate
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Footreads] #862267
10/03/15 09:03 PM
10/03/15 09:03 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted By: Footreads
I like bellie busters on occasion White Castle. With that crappy orange drink. Have not had them in years. I think I will sneak out and buy them. My wife and kids go nuts if they catch me.

They seem to want to keep me alive those knuckleheads.

When we do break.... and go for some off the grid foods...

She like bellie bombers and I want that Kentucky Fuck on the bone chicken.

We both are sick for dayz afterwoods.

However, last time we had the Kentucky Fuck, it was not that bad.

BTW - We call KFC / Kentucky Fuck

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #958142
11/19/18 08:46 PM
11/19/18 08:46 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Had a Wopper today.

It was awesome.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #958147
11/19/18 09:10 PM
11/19/18 09:10 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
hamburger for sure !

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: DuesPaid] #958153
11/19/18 11:14 PM
11/19/18 11:14 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by DuesPaid
Had a Wopper today.

It was awesome.

Did you get the 2 for $6? That's honestly not a bad deal at all. A whopper by itself is $4+, so 2 for $6 is solid!

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Irishman12] #958182
11/20/18 11:19 AM
11/20/18 11:19 AM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by Irishman12
Had a Wopper today.

It was awesome.

Did you get the 2 for $6? That's honestly not a bad deal at all. A whopper by itself is $4+, so 2 for $6 is solid!

Yes Sir, wife had the Sour Dough King, we skipped the fries and rings but had shakes.
She said it was pretty good and she usually hates all that stuff.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #958192
11/20/18 12:34 PM
11/20/18 12:34 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
I'm disappointed in the sourdough. You look at the pictures in the restaurant or the commercials on TV and the buns are sourdough and toasted. But every single one I've gotten was nothing like that. It was just 2 pieces of barely toasted white bread, so I stopped getting it, which is disappointing but I do like sourdough as a bun for my burgers.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: PetroPirelli] #958223
11/20/18 08:56 PM
11/20/18 08:56 PM
VanillaLimeCoke Offline
Button
VanillaLimeCoke  Offline
Button
Originally Posted by PetroPirelli
Originally Posted by Beanshooter

smile

Too bad there’s no White Castles around our way. We always make a yearly trip or try to at least right after Christmas since 2009.

2017 we were unable to make it. But we went twice so far this year.

Hey there buddy, What’s Up? Patricia told us you were coming. My name is Luke and I’m team hoarden all the way. I ain’t no bad hombre. Everybody’s gonna tell you I got a big mouth though. I spoil the endings to movies. -Dennis from GLASS

Hey, can we keep it under 60? I’m still trying to pay for all this dental work. -Simon from TRUE LIES
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: VanillaLimeCoke] #958259
11/21/18 11:15 AM
11/21/18 11:15 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by VanillaLimeCoke
Originally Posted by PetroPirelli

smile

Too bad there’s no White Castles around our way. We always make a yearly trip or try to at least right after Christmas since 2009.

2017 we were unable to make it. But we went twice so far this year.

I do the same. I try to make a yearly trip when I'm back home. Last year I went and for the first time ever was able to try their breakfast because they serve it all day now (which I'm a fan of). My new favorite is their chicken and waffle slider. OH. MY. GOSH!

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #962382
01/25/19 04:33 PM
01/25/19 04:33 PM
Michael_Giovanni Offline
Underboss
Michael_Giovanni  Offline
Underboss
Whataburger. No doubt about it.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Michael_Giovanni] #962388
01/25/19 05:10 PM
01/25/19 05:10 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni

It's overhyped IMO. Food's not bad, but not this great thing the locals make it out to be. Gets more hype because it's "Texas fast food" (stores are only within the state). Now Chick-Fil-A and Panda Express, those are delicious!

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #962390
01/25/19 05:19 PM
01/25/19 05:19 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

What do you guys think of Sbarro and Five Guys?

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #962399
01/25/19 06:52 PM
01/25/19 06:52 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Five Guys is good. Fresh burgers.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Michael_Giovanni] #962403
01/25/19 08:52 PM
01/25/19 08:52 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
I'm disappointed in the sourdough. You look at the pictures in the restaurant or the commercials on TV and the buns are sourdough and toasted. But every single one I've gotten was nothing like that. It was just 2 pieces of barely toasted white bread, so I stopped getting it, which is disappointing but I do like sourdough as a bun for my burgers.

I had to go back and read this again since I KNOW I heard it somewhere else before.......
Wife just said the same exact thing about this BK Sourdough burger.

Originally Posted by Michael_Giovanni

Never had or heard of Whataburger, however have had Five guys, chick fil a , panda exp and Sbarro. Enjoyed them all.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Irishman12] #962423
01/26/19 09:55 AM
01/26/19 09:55 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo

Been eating them lately. I love their fries!

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: DuesPaid] #962427
01/26/19 10:10 AM
01/26/19 10:10 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro

I had to go back and read this again since I KNOW I heard it somewhere else before.......
Wife just said the same exact thing about this BK Sourdough burger.

Sorry to hear that DP but it appears I'm not the only one. Don't know why they advertise it as such then?

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Beanshooter] #962428
01/26/19 10:13 AM
01/26/19 10:13 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro

Been eating them lately. I love their fries!

Lately I've been in the mood/eating Chipotle. I'm not a Mexican food eater. Not a fan of queso or beans and I know that's in a lot of their dishes. Tacos I can eat but very rarely do I crave them. Now breakfast tacos, that's another story. Those suckers are GOOD! Anyway, I'd had Chipotle only once in my life a few years ago. I went just to try it out since everyone was raving about it. Had a burrito and while it wasn't bad, it wasn't anything special either so I never went back. Before I left New York for the holidays I met a friend for lunch and he suggested Chipotle. I didn't care, I just wanted to see him before I left. I got a bowl this time rather than a burrito and man it hooked me. I got it the following weekend when I got back home and have still been craving it since then!

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #962432
01/26/19 10:24 AM
01/26/19 10:24 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
I've never been there Irishman12 . I've been afraid to go and try it because of all the negative publicity in the past about Chipotle. Last thing I need is a stomach problem. I know that it's been resolved but that is what keeps me away.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Beanshooter] #962449
01/26/19 01:40 PM
01/26/19 01:40 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
I've never been there Irishman12 . I've been afraid to go and try it because of all the negative publicity in the past about Chipotle. Last thing I need is a stomach problem. I know that it's been resolved but that is what keeps me away.

Do me a favor fellow posters... stay away from Chipotle..I've worked in a similar concept called "Andale"...meaning quick fast food on Street Rd. in Bensalem P.A...food is shit..only 4 2 weeks..nice church going ppl. but they do not keep up w/ health food standards...stay way from that kinda shit ( chains)& if u want real deal ...go 2 south philly.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: hoodlum] #962455
01/26/19 02:42 PM
01/26/19 02:42 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Originally Posted by hoodlum

Do me a favor fellow posters... stay away from Chipotle..I've worked in a similar concept called "Andale"...meaning quick fast food on Street Rd. in Bensalem P.A...food is shit..only 4 2 weeks..nice church going ppl. but they do not keep up w/ health food standards...stay way from that kinda shit ( chains)& if u want real deal ...go 2 south philly.

Lol Hoodlum! Feel kinda of the same way. Unfortunately Im not from Philly so I guess I'll have to continue eating where the greatest restaurants in the world are, New York City.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Beanshooter] #962487
01/26/19 08:50 PM
01/26/19 08:50 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
[quote=Beanshooter]I've never been there Irishman12 . I've been afraid to go and try it because of all the negative publicity in the past about Chipotle. Last thing I need is a stomach problem. I know that it's been resolved but that is what keeps me away.

Lol Hoodlum! Feel kinda of the same way. Unfortunately Im not from Philly so I guess I'll have to continue eating where the greatest restaurants in the world are, New York City. [What I would n't give 2 eat in N.Y. 4 just 1 day./quote

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: hoodlum] #962490
01/26/19 09:13 PM
01/26/19 09:13 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
I'm sorry Beans, that last post was f##cked up.....I have been 2 N.Y. several times, but when I was in the clothing biz (women's shit mostly..jogging suits & the like in the 80s)...but anyways, I was 2 young 2 appreciate food back in the day b4 I I found my true calling as a Sous Chef …...I don't know how 2 do it but if u look way back in my posts..U can c a post where I was fucked with by Tory Scafidi when I was selling my wares in south philly...back in 1984..I was just a kid & he could have killed me...even on just because I had long hair & came from N.E. Philly...those dudes didn't like metal heads ( hard rock) back then.....if his sis didn't intervene..who knows how many black eyes I would have had....

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #971739
05/19/19 04:32 PM
05/19/19 04:32 PM
VanillaLimeCoke Offline
Button
VanillaLimeCoke  Offline
Button
White Castle is good. We make a special trip up there once a year. My dad loves them.

I like their chicken sandwich and donuts.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #971743
05/19/19 04:54 PM
05/19/19 04:54 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
I never had White Castle breakfast until they made it all day. My new favorite slider is their chicken and waffle one! Unfortunately, I only get to White Castle about once a year since there aren't any near me.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #974312
07/03/19 11:11 PM
07/03/19 11:11 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Years ago I remember we had a Jack in The Box, they were the first with drive through and late night....they had some nasty Tacos that would reverse any hangover effects.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: DuesPaid] #974341
07/04/19 05:00 PM
07/04/19 05:00 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
[quote=DuesPaid]Years ago I remember we had a Jack in The Box, they were the first with drive through and late night....they had some nasty Tacos that would reverse any hangover effects.

Yes ,Dues ,as teens,we always went 4 the tacos after smoking a joint or 2..we actually liked their tacos..

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: DuesPaid] #974384
07/05/19 12:55 PM
07/05/19 12:55 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Years ago I remember we had a Jack in The Box, they were the first with drive through and late night....they had some nasty Tacos that would reverse any hangover effects.

Their sourdough Jack is what I go there for. And they have a breakfast sandwich called the loaded breakfast sandwich which has eggs, hickory smoked bacon, ham, sausage, melted American cheese, and toasted sourdough bread!

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Irishman12] #974410
07/05/19 07:57 PM
07/05/19 07:57 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.

Their sourdough Jack is what I go there for. And they have a breakfast sandwich called the loaded breakfast sandwich which has eggs, hickory smoked bacon, ham, sausage, melted American cheese, and toasted sourdough bread!

Holy smokes, I want that... wish we had one around me.

We have a Arby’s but its far away so we dont go there often.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: DuesPaid] #974474
07/06/19 02:27 PM
07/06/19 02:27 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro

Holy smokes, I want that... wish we had one around me.

We have a Arby’s but its far away so we dont go there often.

I have a Jack in the Box close to me but I don't go very often, but if I do, I get 1 of these 2 sandwiches. Never been a fan of Arby's.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Irishman12] #974481
07/06/19 04:07 PM
07/06/19 04:07 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
No White Castle in AZ. Too bad: when I lived in NJ, I loved to treat myself to WC double cheeseburgers every two weeks. Incredibly tasty.
But, to compensate us here in AZ, we have In 'n Out, the Class Act of semi-fast food.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #974916
07/12/19 11:08 PM
07/12/19 11:08 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
I cant believe we were just talking about Jacks Tacos.

Just saw commercials for Burger King serving Tacos now...... they look just like the nasty Jacks Tacos.

Can’t wait to try them,,,,, hope they are.....” like Jacks”

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: DuesPaid] #975047
07/15/19 12:26 PM
07/15/19 12:26 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro

Just saw commercials for Burger King serving Tacos now...... they look just like the nasty Jacks Tacos.

Yeah I see BK's offering up tacos. I'll more than likely won't try them. I'm not much of a taco/Mexican food person but taco's from Burger King doesn't sound appetizing. Curiosity sure, but quality taste, I doubt it.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Irishman12] #976110
07/30/19 07:08 PM
07/30/19 07:08 PM
VanillaLimeCoke Offline
Button
VanillaLimeCoke  Offline
Button

Yeah I see BK's offering up tacos. I'll more than likely won't try them. I'm not much of a taco/Mexican food person but taco's from Burger King doesn't sound appetizing. Curiosity sure, but quality taste, I doubt it.

That’s what my dad says....at least kind of a little.

So right now Burger King is my favorite restaurant.

Get tacos (although mine w/o cheese and sauce) just lettuce 🥬 and meat 🥩.

Also love the chicken fries there.

Back in like 2011 and 2012 maybe 2013 too... church’s chicken used to have tacos....and those were really good. Almost like Jack in the Box.

I hope my parents are doing this North Carolina trip this year....so we can go to a Jack in The Box.

But it looks you don’t like Jack’s tacos.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #976156
07/31/19 12:46 PM
07/31/19 12:46 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Burger King is one of my favorite fast food places (I'll take them over McDonald's usually). They used to have an Italian chicken sandwich that they'd release once a year that I loved but they haven't put it out in years! I know recently they did a chicken parm which I missed out on but the Italian chicken was a regular chicken sandwich (the long kind, not the circular breast) and instead of lettuce and mayo they used mozzarella and marinara sauce. It was so good!

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #976179
07/31/19 08:19 PM
07/31/19 08:19 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
I love Jacks Tacos,,,,,

I was a fan of the Chiicken sandwich years ago but never had the Italian, I’m sure its good..

The Whopper is the best of The Best Fast Foods.
Then Kentucky Fuck Chicken.

Never had Churches Chicekn or Taco but would love to try

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #980681
11/09/19 03:39 PM
11/09/19 03:39 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Did the Chicken Sandwich Challenge today since Popeye's restocked their inventory. And while Popeye's sandwich is bigger and it's a good sandwich on it's own, compared to Chiclk-fil-A, I'll still take Chick-fil-A over it.

Attached Files 1.jpg
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Irishman12] #980693
11/09/19 09:45 PM
11/09/19 09:45 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
Arizona's only White Castle opened in Scottsdale three weeks ago. It's the largest of their outlets anywhere. We were there last Sunday at 9:20 a.m., just 20 minutes after they opened for business. Already, a line of cars around the property--two hour wait. We joined a long line to get inside--45 minute wait. A medical tent outside staffed by a nurse and police to treat people who pass out in the heat waiting to get inside. I got some double cheeseburgers. Now they stick half a bun between the meat patties, turning it into a mini Big Mac. Spoiled the experience because now there's far more bread than meat and cheese.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #980697
11/09/19 10:19 PM
11/09/19 10:19 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by Turnbull
Arizona's only White Castle opened in Scottsdale three weeks ago. It's the largest of their outlets anywhere. We were there last Sunday at 9:20 a.m., just 20 minutes after they opened for business. Already, a line of cars around the property--two hour wait. We joined a long line to get inside--45 minute wait. A medical tent outside staffed by a nurse and police to treat people who pass out in the heat waiting to get inside. I got some double cheeseburgers. Now they stick half a bun between the meat patties, turning it into a mini Big Mac. Spoiled the experience because now there's far more bread than meat and cheese.

It's just FAST FOOD. Couldn't they wait another day? What a waste of resources.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #980762
11/10/19 08:05 PM
11/10/19 08:05 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
That White Castle story reminds me of the chicken sandwich craze that's been going on at Popeye's Turnbull. First, they had budgeted their inventory in August through the month of September and ran out nationwide in I believe 2 weeks or so (still in August - blew through their entire September inventory without even reaching the month). A man recently was stabbed to death over one in Maryland. Whereas me, I was in the drive-thru yesterday for less than 10 minutes. Although I won't lie, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some White Castle next month when I go back home!

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #980828
11/12/19 10:46 AM
11/12/19 10:46 AM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Offline
Special
mustachepete  Offline
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia

I tried these just to try them. The meat was more of a paste - never again!

I probably do Chick File A more than any other place nowadays. All time favorites are Roy Rogers, which is still around in the mid-Atlantic, and Gino's, which closed 35 years ago, but had a little attempt at a revival recently.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #980856
11/12/19 07:16 PM
11/12/19 07:16 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
I grew up on Roy Rogers as well but haven't seen one for years and the one by me closed decades ago. Would love to try it again sometime.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Irishman12] #980859
11/12/19 08:23 PM
11/12/19 08:23 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

That White Castle story reminds me of the chicken sandwich craze that's been going on at Popeye's Turnbull. First, they had budgeted their inventory in August through the month of September and ran out nationwide in I believe 2 weeks or so (still in August - blew through their entire September inventory without even reaching the month). A man recently was stabbed to death over one in Maryland. Whereas me, I was in the drive-thru yesterday for less than 10 minutes. Although I won't lie, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some White Castle next month when I go back home!

Are they good? They better be if all these people are beating and killing each other over them.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pop...men-throwing-food-trays-at-one-another-8

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #980864
11/12/19 09:29 PM
11/12/19 09:29 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Had a Big Mac yesterday, have not had one in over a year.

Consistency equals Success

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #980911
11/13/19 10:14 PM
11/13/19 10:14 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden

Are they good? They better be if all these people are beating and killing each other over them.

They're not bad but definitely not worth the hype. Like I said in a previous post, I'll stick with Chick-fil-A personally.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Irishman12] #980995
11/15/19 05:55 PM
11/15/19 05:55 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

They're not bad but definitely not worth the hype. Like I said in a previous post, I'll stick with Chick-fil-A personally.

Don't a lot of people boycott Chick-fil-A because of their CEO's personal beliefs about the LGBT community? They don't open on a Sunday, do they? Is that because of his religious beliefs?

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #981011
11/15/19 10:15 PM
11/15/19 10:15 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.

Don't a lot of people boycott Chick-fil-A because of their CEO's personal beliefs about the LGBT community? They don't open on a Sunday, do they? Is that because of his religious beliefs?

I don’t think so, I know a few lesbians who are fans of the food and are true libs , meaning they are tolerant of all, even the people who do not agree or support their life style.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #981048
11/16/19 04:51 PM
11/16/19 04:51 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro

Yes, people boycott Chick-fil-A because of their religious beliefs and they are closed on Sundays (allowing employees the day off and for any to attend church if they so wish). I support them but others have boycotted them.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #985697
01/31/20 09:03 PM
01/31/20 09:03 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Mc EE d’S

Started of my Super Bowl weekend with a Big Mac and Doulbe Cheeseburger.

I Cana get great burgers at home and at many other fantastic restaurants but McDonalds is always consistent and Tasty.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #985711
01/31/20 09:44 PM
01/31/20 09:44 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
So the chicken sandwich challenge is between Chick-Fil-A and Popeye's and for my money, I'd take the Chick-Fil-A sandwich. However, I went out with some coworkers to a local food truck today for lunch and this was their chicken sandwich. And I must say, it beats out both restaurants. We have a new winner in my book!

Attached Files 1.jpg
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #985716
02/01/20 01:07 AM
02/01/20 01:07 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Shawarma in particular at the end of a night out.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #985735
02/01/20 12:26 PM
02/01/20 12:26 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Nice.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #985754
02/01/20 03:47 PM
02/01/20 03:47 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Shawarma's good at any time of the day!

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #985772
02/01/20 09:07 PM
02/01/20 09:07 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
I’m gunna look that up

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #985783
02/01/20 11:39 PM
02/01/20 11:39 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
OH.... sURE iM IN .......

I’m in, ate from Rafique food cart & truck for years in Nyc

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: DuesPaid] #985828
02/03/20 05:58 PM
02/03/20 05:58 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
Recently tried a Culver's in this area. I had a double deluxe with cheese, then a triple deluxe. Pretty tasty sandwich.

Tried Jimmy John's sandwich near here. Not bad at all. A Jersey Mike's opened here recently. Barely a cut above Subway. Awful.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #985868
02/04/20 10:27 AM
02/04/20 10:27 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
Never had Jimmy John's or Jersey Mike's even though they're both around me. Never heard of Culver's though.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Irishman12] #986029
02/07/20 06:10 PM
02/07/20 06:10 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Shawarma's good at any time of the day!

Love Shawarma..I like it w/all the fixins, rst. eggplant..hummus, hot sce.,,also Falafel. Love mediterrainian food period.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: hoodlum] #986030
02/07/20 06:18 PM
02/07/20 06:18 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Anybody have a small but well known hoagie shop chain store called "Primo's" nearby??..AWESOME true Philly hoagies...prob not... b-cause they only source their rolls from Liscio's bakery (seeded) in south philly ,b ut I thought I'd ask anyways..

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #986054
02/08/20 10:53 AM
02/08/20 10:53 AM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Nope, but i am fortunate enough to have a hero shop near by that gets its bread delivered from Arthur Ave in the Bronx every morning other than Sundays.

Sundays they are closed and I respect that, we have few family owned Resturants in my area that are closed every Sunday.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: hoodlum] #986095
02/08/20 10:46 PM
02/08/20 10:46 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
[ Love mediterrainian food period.

Same. Love Mediterranean food as well (plus Indian). Got in to both in recent years and have been a big fan of both.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Irishman12] #986234
02/10/20 03:40 PM
02/10/20 03:40 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly

Same. Love Mediterranean food as well (plus Indian). Got in to both in recent years and have been a big fan of both.

I know , right...Indian Butter chicken rules....also , anything Tandoori..but not 2 hot (spicy]..

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: hoodlum] #986235
02/10/20 05:14 PM
02/10/20 05:14 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.

I know , right...Indian Butter chicken rules....also , anything Tandoori..but not 2 hot (spicy]..

1.14 on this vid,

https://youtu.be/ESu4wyFksYY

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: DuesPaid] #986256
02/10/20 11:08 PM
02/10/20 11:08 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly

1.14 on this vid,

https://youtu.be/ESu4wyFksYY

Pronounced (GHEE)...it is a form of clarified pure butter used by Indian chefs..& is very nice when used properly..seafood,,on the the other hand..is not 1 of the better fortes of Indian educated chefs of a collegiate nature..leaving poultry & lamb &also beef their only desk skills...as far as meat goes..just my 2 cents.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: hoodlum] #986679
02/19/20 07:02 PM
02/19/20 07:02 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
And 2 nite….wife actually cooked...real homemade kielbasa from Czerves (google it) in Port Richmond..Phila...w/ Russian kraut & carmelized onions,..apples & roasted turnips..gotta hand it 2 her ...she's come a long way...(w/my guidance of course.).so proud of her...I stayed in the den the whole time...no instruction...only wine.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: hoodlum] #986736
02/20/20 11:27 PM
02/20/20 11:27 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
And 2 nite….wife actually cooked...real homemade kielbasa from Czerves (google it) in Port Richmond..Phila...w/ Russian kraut & carmelized onions,..apples & roasted turnips..gotta hand it 2 her ...she's come a long way...(w/my guidance of course.).so proud of her...I stayed in the den the whole time...no instruction...only wine.

Very nice, my Da loved Turnips , I remember eating them as a kid and liked them.
It was on the TG dinner table every year.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: DuesPaid] #986746
02/21/20 01:38 AM
02/21/20 01:38 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Yes, Dues...Turnips as well as Parsnips rule in the winter veg. bracket....as we speak..I'm having some Matzoh Ball soup..I love this wintertime comfortfood ...

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: hoodlum] #986781
02/21/20 09:18 PM
02/21/20 09:18 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Yes, Dues...Turnips as well as Parsnips rule in the winter veg. bracket....as we speak..I'm having some Matzoh Ball soup..I love this wintertime comfortfood ...

ENJOY..... i went off today.....

Mc E D’s. Had to get one of those Shamrock Shakes.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: DuesPaid] #986943
02/25/20 06:00 PM
02/25/20 06:00 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Not fast food . but 2 lazy 2 look up Dinner 2nite thread..Made a big pot of Split pea ..w/ the ham hocks & leftover bone from 2 nites ago..real stock..1 bag o' split peas' carrots. onions celery.bay leaves..& Goya ham cubes..wife didn't think I could do it as good as her dad , but she said it was better...she likes it 2 thick 4 my liking..as long as she's happy though i'm cool..secret she don't know..."smoked paprika"..she loves me..!

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: hoodlum] #986989
02/26/20 03:18 PM
02/26/20 03:18 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Not fast food . but 2 lazy 2 look up Dinner 2nite thread..Made a big pot of Split pea ..w/ the ham hocks & leftover bone from 2 nites ago..real stock..1 bag o' split peas' carrots. onions celery.bay leaves..& Goya ham cubes..wife didn't think I could do it as good as her dad , but she said it was better...she likes it 2 thick 4 my liking..as long as she's happy though i'm cool..secret she don't know..."smoked paprika"..she loves me..!

Nice...Smoked Paprika, very interesting.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: DuesPaid] #986999
02/26/20 06:03 PM
02/26/20 06:03 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline OP
Turnbull  Offline OP

AZ
Check out what Consumer Reports says about fast food chains:
https://www.consumerreports.org/cro...st-food-restaurants-in-america/index.htm

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #987008
02/26/20 08:51 PM
02/26/20 08:51 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by Turnbull
Check out what Consumer Reports says about fast food chains:
https://www.consumerreports.org/cro...st-food-restaurants-in-america/index.htm

Not surprised by any of that.

Wish I had some of those West Coast resturants here.

Re: Favorite fast food? [Re: Turnbull] #987162
03/01/20 04:53 PM
03/01/20 04:53 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
THE BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
THE BOSS

The Villa Quatro
KFC recently released a donut and chicken sandwich, which I was able to try today. It was very good and I recommend trying it out!

Attached Files IMG-3119.jpg
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull