GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Toodoped, RushStreet, Turnbull, 1 invisible), 103 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,354
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,181
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: Lilo] #557963
10/19/09 05:36 AM
10/19/09 05:36 AM
The_Mechanic Offline
Wiseguy
The_Mechanic  Offline
Wiseguy
Yea, maybe someone can explain it better than me....but big Paulie seemed to give the DeMeo crew carte blanche dealing dope, but the gotti crew seemed afraid to do it, partially the reason they took him out at Sparks....besides the fact that "quack quack" was on tape, badmouthing big paul, and john's brother gene, was indicted for dealing smack.

Last edited by The_Mechanic; 10/28/09 08:53 PM.
Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: Turnbull] #561784
12/06/09 06:50 PM
12/06/09 06:50 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Mafia 'number two' is captured by Italian police
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER Last updated at 7:01 PM on 05th December 2009

The number two in Italy's notorious Cosa Nostra mafia has been arrested in a raid, it has been confirmed.

The Italian interior minister said police in Palermo captured Gianni Nicchi in the bust in Palermo, Sicily.

Roberto Maroni describes convicted Mafioso as a "young, dangerous, ambitious, pitiless killer."

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: Turnbull] #563306
12/27/09 03:52 PM
12/27/09 03:52 PM
holland
P
prodotti Offline
Associate
prodotti  Offline
P
Associate
holland
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
All true about RICO, guys.
The real impact of RICO is that, before it was passed, law enforcement had to catch a Mob guy in the act of committing a crime, and get more than one witness to it. RICO made it a crime, punishable by double-digit sentences, to be part of a "criminal conspiracy." "Conspiracy" is very important:" no corroborating witness is required for the government to obtain a conviction. And RICO also eased the burden of proof by simply requiring law enforcement to show that the accused was part of a "pattern" of crimes.
"Corrupt organization" is also very important. That means that if the Mob guy was influencing a labor union (a favorite of Mobs), the union could be characterized as a "corrupt organization."
Two other very important aspects of RICO:
1. A guy who was victimized by the Mob could be considered part of a "corrupt organization" because he "cooperated" with the Mob even though he was forced. So, if you were a degenerate gambler who was into a Mob loan shark for a lot of money that you couldn't pay back; and the Mob guy forced you to "bust out" your business to pay him back; then you could be charged under RICO because your busting out of your business constituted a "corrupt organization." Faced with a double digit sentence, you'd have a big incentive to cooperate with law enforcement against the Mob guy.
2. RICO for the first time specified iron-clad rules for obtaining phone taps and other forms of electronic surveillance that would stand up as evidence in any court of law. Previously, a lot of "bugs" were thrown out by judges as being illegal. Not after RICO, though.
And, yes DMC and DC: it's true that RICO languished for 10 years before Rudy Giuliani, as US Attorney for the Southern District of New York, finally figured out how to use it. He invited Robert Blakely, the lawyer who wrote RICO, to daily brief his investigators and assistant prosecutors on how the law could work. Giuliani, a great fan of the GF Trilogy, called Blakely, "my consigliere." After his huge success in the famous Commission case, prosecutors all over the country figured out that they could heap glory on themselves by using RICO to prosecute the Mob.
The best source on RICO and how it works is Selwyn Raab's "The Five Families," IMO the best Mob book of the last 10 years.

not forget that RICO was also used as a presure to get more information out of a convicted (or trialed) mafioso. Normally a guy would do his time and return into society as a free man, enjoying his wealth that he made before he got caught. RICO changed all that. If he would be out of jail, all his worldy assats would have been taken away from him. His wife and kids would be broke during his absences and would be in the mercy of his family or wealthfare. So after RICO, people chose to rat out their friends much quicklier. It was basically the end of Omerta as I see it.

Last edited by prodotti; 12/27/09 03:53 PM.
Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: prodotti] #572305
04/19/10 09:42 PM
04/19/10 09:42 PM
Baltimore
C
calabresesoldier Offline
Wiseguy
calabresesoldier  Offline
C
Wiseguy
Baltimore
Hey this is a interesting site I have read so many books and been on the internet and didn't know any other people except the feds are interesting in the mob like this. Does anybody have any info of the Pittsburgh Family Today

Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: calabresesoldier] #572309
04/19/10 09:53 PM
04/19/10 09:53 PM
AZ
Turnbull Online content OP
Turnbull  Online Content OP

AZ
Here is a link to a recent post on that subject. You can always try the "search" function at the top of the page.

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...true#Post555972

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: Turnbull] #572587
04/22/10 10:48 PM
04/22/10 10:48 PM
Baltimore
C
calabresesoldier Offline
Wiseguy
C
Wiseguy
Baltimore
Thanks this is my first blog page and I'm learning about this stuff, but I always have been interested in the mob its all I read about and I read quite often.

Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: Turnbull] #572588
04/22/10 10:53 PM
04/22/10 10:53 PM
Baltimore
C
calabresesoldier Offline
Wiseguy
C
Wiseguy
Baltimore
I wanted to know if anyone knows why Frank Nitti killed himself, I really never found much information on that topic. He was the outfit boss, and went to the tracks and killed himself, does anyone know?

Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: The_Mechanic] #572589
04/22/10 10:56 PM
04/22/10 10:56 PM
Baltimore
C
calabresesoldier Offline
Wiseguy
C
Wiseguy
Baltimore
I was under the impression Ruggiero was dealing heroin also. I find it surprising that Gotti was allowed to stay boss, it seemed that he wasn't very well liked throughout the Gambino family, maybe feared.

Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: The_Mechanic] #572590
04/22/10 11:07 PM
04/22/10 11:07 PM
Baltimore
C
calabresesoldier Offline
Wiseguy
C
Wiseguy
Baltimore
Was Bonnano retired when the Galante hit was made or was he just banned from New York? Didn't he and his sons have crews in Arizona and California? I thought Bonnano was out of the picture before the whole Donnie Brasco thing exploded also, or was he running Brooklyn from Arizona?

Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: calabresesoldier] #572592
04/22/10 11:29 PM
04/22/10 11:29 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: calabresesoldier
I was under the impression Ruggiero was dealing heroin also. I find it surprising that Gotti was allowed to stay boss, it seemed that he wasn't very well liked throughout the Gambino family, maybe feared.

Angelo Ruggiero, Gene Gotti, and John Carneglia were the leaders of the heroin ring. They took it over from Angelo's brother Salvatore after he died in a plane crash.

Bosses usually get to keep their title even after they go to prison. But by the late 1990's there was pressure for Gotti to step down and name someone else boss. Nick Corozzo almost became the new boss but he was indicted before that could happen. After Gotti died in 2002, his brother Peter became the new boss. John Jr. had also been acting boss for a time previously.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: calabresesoldier] #572593
04/22/10 11:33 PM
04/22/10 11:33 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Was Bonnano retired when the Galante hit was made or was he just banned from New York? Didn't he and his sons have crews in Arizona and California? I thought Bonnano was out of the picture before the whole Donnie Brasco thing exploded also, or was he running Brooklyn from Arizona?

Bonanno got chased out of New York in the mid-1960's and he was more or less retired from that point on. He didn't have any clout to run the family in New York and certainly not from across the country. His sons and some others had some things going on in Arizona and Calfornia but nothing major that would involve entire crews. It was just them at that point. I've read in one or two places that he was consulted before the hit on Galante but I don't know if that's actually true or not. Where Bonanno comes back into the picture later on is his book "A Man of Honor," which included a chapter on the Commission and inspired Rudy Giuliani to indict the entire Commission in New York in the mid-1980's. Bonanno was called to testify but refused and was jailed for contempt.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: IvyLeague] #572670
04/24/10 12:48 PM
04/24/10 12:48 PM
Baltimore
C
calabresesoldier Offline
Wiseguy
C
Wiseguy
Baltimore
Yes I read that book as well. Then I read War of the Godfathers by Roemer, I think his info was off, but the times didn't add up, in his book Bonnano supposedly went to a small war with the Outfit in the 80's, and it also suggests he took a capo and crew with him to Arizona and Bill his son, had one in California. But as I said I believe a lot of that book to be fiction.

Also, going back to the Bonnano family when Galante was hit, I know why, but who was the boss of the family at the time. Galante was very loyal to Bonnano, his consigliere, before he went away, so maybe Bonnano had some clout. But Rastelli is also listed as the boss at that time, was the family broke up into two factions?

Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: calabresesoldier] #572693
04/24/10 02:29 PM
04/24/10 02:29 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
"War of the Godfathers" is historical fiction. Some of the characters were already dead within the timeframe in which the book was set. Roemer had a lot of balls passing that crap off as "true crime." It belongs on the "mystery" shelf within the fiction section of your local bookstore. But Roemer was an ex-Fed who had enough clout to hook up with a big publisher and dupe the public. The guy is dead, so I really don't want to knock him, but he was everything that's wrong with cops-turned-authors and the publishing business.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: calabresesoldier] #572697
04/24/10 03:19 PM
04/24/10 03:19 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I wanted to know if anyone knows why Frank Nitti killed himself, I really never found much information on that topic. He was the outfit boss, and went to the tracks and killed himself, does anyone know?

I have seen diferent hypotheses on whether Nitti was the Boss of the Outfit in quite the same way that a NY Family Boss would be of a NY Family-with complete and total control. The Outfit was organized a little differently. While I wouldn't say Nitti was a front boss he may have been something closer to a CEO.

In any event Nitti was the identifiable leader of the Outfit and the one who had led the Outfit into the Hollywood extortion cases. When this went bad (Browne/Bioff got arrested and ended up providing information-at first inadvertently and then on purpose to the authorities), much of the initial post-Capone leadership hierarchy was indicted.

Greatly angered, everyone met at Nitti's house to plan strategy. Being the self-serving sort of people they were a consensus was reached that since much of this was Nitti's fault anyway and since he was the guy out front, he should just take the fall for everyone. Ricca was the leader of this faction and the most vocal about it.

Of course Nitti didn't see anything logical about this and was of the opinion that since it was a conspiracy charge everything would be fine if they just all stuck together. Nitti had been in prison before and had ZERO desire to go back.

Nitti and Ricca started screaming at each other and finally Ricca said "Frank, you're asking for it". This was widely understood to be a threat to either do the time or wind up dead. At that Nitti told everyone to leave his house.

The next day he killed himself.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: pizzaboy] #572769
04/25/10 07:47 PM
04/25/10 07:47 PM
Baltimore
C
calabresesoldier Offline
Wiseguy
C
Wiseguy
Baltimore
I thought most is fiction but some was based on some fact if not much. I glad to see the dates and names and times didn't add up to other people as well as me.

Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: Lilo] #572770
04/25/10 07:51 PM
04/25/10 07:51 PM
Baltimore
C
calabresesoldier Offline
Wiseguy
C
Wiseguy
Baltimore
Never heard that story thanks for the input I didn't know that family admin was being indicted at the time of his death. That at least gives a plausible reason why he would have killed himself. Any speculation it was a hit made to look like a suicide?

Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: calabresesoldier] #572781
04/26/10 04:54 AM
04/26/10 04:54 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Any speculation it was a hit made to look like a suicide?

Nope. Nitti killed himself in public in front of witnesses-the crew of a train.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: Mignon] #574127
05/21/10 12:41 AM
05/21/10 12:41 AM
The Wrong Side Of The Tracks
D
Don Rico Offline
Underboss
Don Rico  Offline
D
Underboss
Quote:
The real impact of RICO is that, before it was passed, law enforcement had to catch a Mob guy in the act of committing a crime, and get more than one witness to it. RICO made it a crime, punishable by double-digit sentences, to be part of a "criminal conspiracy." "Conspiracy" is very important:" no corroborating witness is required for the government to obtain a conviction. And RICO also eased the burden of proof by simply requiring law enforcement to show that the accused was part of a "pattern" of crimes.
"Corrupt organization" is also very important. That means that if the Mob guy was influencing a labor union (a favorite of Mobs), the union could be characterized as a "corrupt organization."
1. A guy who was victimized by the Mob could be considered part of a "corrupt organization" because he "cooperated" with the Mob even though he was forced. So, if you were a degenerate gambler who was into a Mob loan shark for a lot of money that you couldn't pay back; and the Mob guy forced you to "bust out" your business to pay him back; then you could be charged under RICO because your busting out of your business constituted a "corrupt organization." Faced with a double digit sentence, you'd have a big incentive to cooperate with law enforcement against the Mob guy.
2. RICO for the first time specified iron-clad rules for obtaining phone taps and other forms of electronic surveillance that would stand up as evidence in any court of law. Previously, a lot of "bugs" were thrown out by judges as being illegal. Not after RICO, though.
And, yes DMC and DC: it's true that RICO languished for 10 years before Rudy Giuliani, as US Attorney for the Southern District of New York, finally figured out how to use it. He invited Robert Blakely, the lawyer who wrote RICO, to daily brief his investigators and assistant prosecutors on how the law could work. Giuliani, a great fan of the GF Trilogy, called Blakely, "my consigliere." After his huge success in the famous Commission case, prosecutors all over the country figured out that they could heap glory on themselves by using RICO to prosecute the Mob.
The best source on RICO and how it works is Selwyn Raab's "The Five Families," IMO the best Mob book of the last 10 years.

You talkin' to ME?

You TALKIN' TA ME!?!?!?!

I don't see nobody else here... You talkin' ta ME!?!?!?!

Last edited by Don Rico; 05/21/10 01:11 AM.

Power wears out those who do not have it.
Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: calabresesoldier] #574128
05/21/10 12:45 AM
05/21/10 12:45 AM
D
Don Rico Offline
Underboss
Don Rico  Offline
D
Underboss

I caught a made-for-TV movie on LIFETIME or some shit, a few years back and in the end, Frank Nitti just "walked upon those tracks" and got himself "runned over"...

... Yeah right.

Power wears out those who do not have it.
Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: Don Rico] #574453
05/26/10 01:50 PM
05/26/10 01:50 PM
AZ

AZ
Originally Posted By: Don Rico

I caught a made-for-TV movie on LIFETIME or some shit, a few years back and in the end, Frank Nitti just "walked upon those tracks" and got himself "runned over"...

... Yeah right.

The Outfit had penetrated and corrupted a key Hollywood labor union. The racket was exposed in a newspaper series in 1943, and the Mob's front man, Willie Bioff, was indicted. He and his co-defendants then ratted out their higher-ups in the Outfit. Paul (the Waiter) Ricca and others in the Outfit demanded that Nitti take the rap and go to jail as a "stand up guy." Nitti had done 18 hard months for income tax evasion previously, and he didnt' want any more time. So, he got drunk, wandered onto the railroad tracks--and shot himself in the head.

Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: Turnbull] #578028
07/25/10 01:38 AM
07/25/10 01:38 AM
NINOFUKNGAGGI Offline
Associate
NINOFUKNGAGGI  Offline
Associate
john gotti is a bitch

Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: Don Rico] #578115
07/26/10 08:53 PM
07/26/10 08:53 PM
The US of Frickin A!!!
Tru_Bizelli Offline
Humble Friend of Yours!
Tru_Bizelli  Offline
Humble Friend of Yours!
Made Member
The US of Frickin A!!!
Originally Posted By: Don Rico
Quote:

You talkin' to ME?

You TALKIN' TA ME!?!?!?!

I don't see nobody else here... You talkin' ta ME!?!?!?!

I never did understand the "union" deal with the mob .. anybody can sum that up in a few sentences?
For i.e. "We're with the Union" ;-) lol

Thanks!

~ Woke Up This Morning And Bought Myself A Gun ~
~ Curtis "Ray Biselliano" Bizelli ~
Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: Tru_Bizelli] #578117
07/26/10 10:09 PM
07/26/10 10:09 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: Tru_Bizelli

I never did understand the "union" deal with the mob .. anybody can sum that up in a few sentences?
For i.e. "We're with the Union" ;-) lol

Thanks!

Are you asking why the mob was attracted to unions or how they used them?
Unions used to be a much larger section of the private marketplace than they are currently. Mob control over or influence in a union means at the very minimum that mob associates or members can get no show jobs, legal income and legitimate health care coverage/pensions. But that's pocket change. Union control means votes which means political influence. And if you control the union not only do you get to extort the working man (union and non union) in a variety of ways , you can do the same thing (extortion/racketeering) to businesses and even municipalities or states. And if you're smart enough and entrepreneurial enough there's no end to the games you can play with pension fund loans and withdrawals. You can throw work to favored companies-i.e those owned by your in-laws or other relatives. You have an inside track to steal whatever goods the union happens to produce. You have a captive market for loansharking and gambling. Depending on the type of union you might even have a reserve force of muscle that you can use for jobs. Back when unions were common and the Mob was strong, there were tons of ways to make money.

Winter is Coming

Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: Lilo] #578522
08/02/10 05:13 PM
08/02/10 05:13 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I think without the unions the mob wouldn't even be half as powerful as they were.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: Turnbull] #578606
08/03/10 10:40 PM
08/03/10 10:40 PM
J
jvanley Offline
Made Member
jvanley  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Many people on these boards, especially younger people, ask questions or make statements about Mob life that are often myths--not realities. I'd like to start a thread that helps clear up the myths. I'll post occasionally, and ask you to post your own ideas, thoughts, explanations. Here's the first:

BEING "MADE" IN THE MOB IS DANGEROUS TO LIFE AND LIBERTY

Many younger people believe that getting "made" in the Mafia is the ultimate glory. Nothing could be further from the truth: Getting "made" is just about the worst thing that could happen to anyone:

First you have to serve an "apprenticeship," during which you'll have to kiss the asses of every member of the crew you hope to join, and turn over most of your earnings to a boss who thinks you're lower than whale s**t. If you're "lucky," the apprenticeship will last for a decade or less. By that time, you'll have convinced the boss that you're dumb and compliant enough to be "honored" by being made.

So, you'll probably be assigned to kill someone you don't know, for a reason that's not explained to you; and take all the risk on yourself with no reward. If you manage to whack the guy without being killed, injured or arrested, your "reward" will be the famous "induction ceremony"--the fingers pricked so that your blood runs together with the Don's (just hope he doesn't have AIDS or some other STD); the burning saint's card, the oath, the kisses on the cheek, etc. Now you've got it made, right?

Wrong! Your troubles have just begun:
You'll be assigned to a crew chief whose purpose in life is to squeeze you dry. You'll be given a "living"--a sports betting operation, some numbers, drugs or loan shark action. But since the Mob is a pyramid scheme, your crew chief will give you a "nut"--an amount that you must kick back to him each week, whether or not your rackets generate enough profit to cover it. He'll set the amount so high that you'll have no time or opportunity to do anything on your own except work for him. And if you fail to meet the weekly nut, he'll hit you with the same "vig" that he charges his loan shark victims--six percent per week.

Oh, and let's not forget your new "brothers" in the Mafia--the guys who kissed you on the cheek when you got made, and now refer to you as "a friend of ours." Every one of them has contacts in law enforcement that they feed info to in return for being left alone to pursue their own rackets. As soon as your ceremony was completed, they were on the phone to their favorite cops, informing them of the newest member of the Mob. Suddenly you're going to get more attention from law enforcement personnel than a visiting head of state. Your "brothers" will see you as insurance for them when they commit high profile crimes: they'll tip off their police pals that you did the dirty deeds. And, if you manage to survive all of that, the Don'll evntually get nailed on a RICO charge, and he'll rat out you and your other "brothers" in return for a free pass to the Witness Protection Program.

"Honored Society"? You'd be better off washing dishes for a living.

This is a great post........

but.....It couldnt be any further from the truth.

For guys like well, ALL of us on this board and 95 percent of the world, it would be infact a scary proposition to take the oath of Omerta.

But to the other 5 percent of the population who call themselfs associates, this is the ultimate glory.

You see, all those guys have an uncle/brother/father/etc who grew up in brookly, howard beach, ozone park, staten island, whatever and all they can think about is getting their button.

They dont care that 95 percent of the people who ever get their button end up dead or in the can.

Guys like US, we would run from a button because we grew up in kansas, Utah, Sunny California, ETC. We have uncles, fathers, brothers who are accountants, personal trainers and car salesman.....not loan sharks, herion dealers, pump and dumps and Enforcers...

My point....

to the average normal world and hard working society, ya a button is a dead end road to jail, death or the witness protection program.

to the other part of the world known as "associates", the button is a right of passage to never have to have a legitmate job drilling rivets at a machine shop, teaching, or mowing 20 yards a day for a hundred bucks.

It is their right of passage to do whatever they want, whenever they want. When they break their rules they die, when we do we get a citation.

Mu point is that what scares you and I does not scare these guys, they live by their own set of rules and have their own set of fears.....an they fear NO ONE, who well.....doesnt have a button.

Last edited by jvanley; 08/03/10 10:50 PM.

FatGirl:Your cute
Me:Ok
FatGirl:So you wanna buy me a drink?
Me:No
FatGirl:Why not?
Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

08/13/2009-jvanley Spanky Bar, 3rd stool from the left
Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: Dapper_Don] #578610
08/03/10 10:59 PM
08/03/10 10:59 PM
J
jvanley Offline
Made Member
jvanley  Offline
J
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
yeah he was running the fam while on the lam and also orderign a bunch of hits on people he suspected of being informers or of double crossing him. read "Gaspipe:confessions of a Mafia Boss" its a good read!

Thats the thing though, everyone THOUGHT Casso was "suspecting" people of being informers....

He actually had a total of 5 FBI agents and local cops on his payroll(we all know about louie and steve) but he had Doug Mcane and others who would go straight to him and say:

"Hey so and so is cutting a deal or rolling over on you"

Then Casso would disbatch a hit team and kill them. No one, I mean no one ever knew other than Burton Kaplan Casso had these people telling him this.

This was infact one of the MAJOR reasons for his downfall, people thought he was killing people for no good reason and was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to paranoid. Well, he wasnt, no one knew he was being told these people REALLY were rats.

In turn, everyone was thinking, my god, am I next? is he going to suspect me?????

FatGirl:Your cute
Me:Ok
FatGirl:So you wanna buy me a drink?
Me:No
FatGirl:Why not?
Me:Well Its tricky pumpkin,If I buy u a drink, every fat girl in here would think I liked fat girls & ask me to buy them a drink also. See ,I dont like fat girls unless im wasted and given Im only one drink deep so far, so you better buy me the drink honey, cause this 20 bucks aint covering the booze and drive thru ill need to take you home tonight

08/13/2009-jvanley Spanky Bar, 3rd stool from the left
Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: jvanley] #578611
08/04/10 12:19 AM
08/04/10 12:19 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
yeah but gaspipe also plotted hits on people like Pete Chiodo who he thought were rats but only turned after the fact. Gaspipe was def a lethal mob boss that name is well earned thats for sure. It was pure genius to have those fbi and nypd people on his payroll. I find him to be probably one of the most interesting mobsters in the last 20 years.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: Dapper_Don] #579677
08/23/10 11:36 AM
08/23/10 11:36 AM
D
DiAmico Offline
Associate
DiAmico  Offline
D
Associate
If this is the wrong place, sorry about it but..

The gambino mob boss John D'Amico, do any of you have any information on the guy? - Execpt that he went away for quite a while, I certainly wanna know more about this fella.

Bobby, right?
Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: DiAmico] #581711
09/27/10 05:46 PM
09/27/10 05:46 PM
Mukremin Offline
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline
Underboss
hey guys i am new on the forums, but i am active in the italian mafia world pretty long. I really like the world of mafia, i am turkish but i always felt warm with italians, not to mention i look like an italian. thats me anyways, but could someone clarify me some things. How did the mob make money on the window stuff that happenedin new york last decade. And is it still true what Jack Falcone (ex fbi) says about that the 5 families make money on every cement and stone that is put on new york. I read the above post about unions. But i need more detail, how doe they really earn money with unions. And whats a no show job?

Up to date mafia charts --> https://cosanostracharts.wordpress.com/
Re: Mob myths, facts and realities [Re: Mukremin] #586272
11/20/10 01:20 PM
11/20/10 01:20 PM
AZ

AZ
Sorry I just spotted your post, Mukremin. And welcome to the Boards! smile
For a thorough understanding of the rackets you cited, you should read Selwyn Raab's "The Five Families," which goes into all of them in brilliant detail. In general, the Mob can dominate a racket like concrete, garbage collection, window replacement, etc., by forming a contractors' "association." This "association" is a Mob front. First they go to the prime contractor for a new office building, and declare that only concrete companies that are members of the "association" will be permitted to work on his site. Then, if you are a concrete contractor, you will be told that you must join the "association" in order to get business. You pay "dues" to the "association" that amount to, say, ten dollars per ton of concrete poured. You tack that cost onto your bill to the prime contractor. He passes that cost onto the building owner, who passes it on to building tenants, etc.

Labor unions have always been a rich source of money and power for the Mob. A Mob will infiltrate a union and have one or more of its members elected or appointed to key positions in the union. Unions have big treasuries made up of dues paid, plus contributions toward pension funds and healthcare. The Mob guys simply plunder the treasuries. Another racket is political power: Mob-controlled unions can endorse politicians, and contribute to their campaigns, in return for political favors. And, Mob-controlled unions can shake down contractors by demanding under-the-table payoffs to officials, as well as dozens of "no-show" jobs. These are well-paid jobs on construction sites that the unions dole out to favored Mob guys who never have to work a single day but still get paid. Hope that helps.

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull