GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 131 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,815
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,300
Posts1,058,175
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Don Vito Corleone vs. Don Domenico Clericuzio #168556
03/26/04 03:13 AM
03/26/04 03:13 AM
manila
Augusto Offline OP
Wiseguy
Augusto  Offline OP
Wiseguy
manila
Don Corleone has a consiglieri, 2 captains, and Luca Brasi

Don Clericuzio has a consiglieri that is somewhat a capo also, a "general" who is also like Luca Brasi (pippi del lena)

Who has a more workable family?

Is it better that a consiglieri isn't part of the operational side and is just an adviser or should the consiglieri also be part of operations?
Is it wise to have a single powerful capo or should there be more than one capo to divide such power?
should there be a comparison at all? for both families are in different circumstances.
if there should be no comparison at all, then my question is, if you are going to put up your own family what is your family structure going to be like?
thanks!

"i'll reason with him"
Re: Don Vito Corleone vs. Don Domenico Clericuzio #168557
03/27/04 12:57 AM
03/27/04 12:57 AM
C
Christian Klee Offline
Wiseguy
Christian Klee  Offline
C
Wiseguy
i'd have a consiglieri that was once a capo so he has the experience in the operational part of the family and also he can be prudent when the family is in war. I'd have a personal council of 3 lawyers for the legal business part of the family. i'd have 3 captains to be stationed triangularly to make a perimeter around the city inwhich i live to act as defense and when at war there are three points where the offensive will come from. i won't have a Luca Brasi but instead i'll have like a deadly viper assassination squad (hehehe). Hmmm fantasies....fantasies...

Re: Don Vito Corleone vs. Don Domenico Clericuzio #168558
03/29/04 11:24 PM
03/29/04 11:24 PM
Holy See
ibidperez Offline
Wiseguy
ibidperez  Offline
Wiseguy
Holy See
Quote:
Originally posted by Augusto:
Don Corleone has a consiglieri, 2 captains, and Luca Brasi

Don Clericuzio has a consiglieri that is somewhat a capo also, a "general" who is also like Luca Brasi (pippi del lena)

Who has a more workable family?

Is it better that a consiglieri isn't part of the operational side and is just an adviser or should the consiglieri also be part of operations?
Is it wise to have a single powerful capo or should there be more than one capo to divide such power?
should there be a comparison at all? for both families are in different circumstances.
if there should be no comparison at all, then my question is, if you are going to put up your own family what is your family structure going to be like?
thanks!
you know, it really depends on what type of don you are...
corleone had his own reasons in choosing to have 2 differnet capos,
on the other hand, clericuzo, as you mentioned, was in a different circumstance. He can't even manage his own family that well.

If a single person is very gifted and able, then by all means, make him the councilor and part of the operations at the same time. However, the life of a councilor is very important to the family, and cannot be gambled by making him part of the operations.

If a capo can be trusted, and will not ever turn against you, then there is no question at all. but if a don is taking precautions, such as Vito, then he should act accordingly.

Death be not proud, though some have called thee Might and dreadful, for thou art not so... One short sleep past, we wake eternally, and death shall be no more: Death, thou shalt die.
Re: Don Vito Corleone vs. Don Domenico Clericuzio [Re: Augusto] #563301
12/27/09 03:29 PM
12/27/09 03:29 PM
holland
P
prodotti Offline
Associate
prodotti  Offline
P
Associate
holland
I disagree on Don Clericuzio having Pippi as his consiglieri.
Pippi is never mentioned as an advisor to the Don, he is much more an opperative captain then a advisor. An even a captain he was not. I always saw Giorgio as the consiglieri to the don. Although he consults with all 4 of them. even Cross and Dante.

Therefore, to my opinion, Don clericuzio was his own consiglieri.

But it depends on what the families goal is. I think that you cannot have a consiglieri that HASNT been operational if you are solely running a crime family. In the case of Don Vito, him having Genco as consiglieri was a much wiser choice then Don Michael having Tom. On the other hand, in the era of Genco, the goal of the Corleone family was much more crime related and therefore needed a street smart consiglieri. Under don Michael, it was much more the goal to get the family into legitamate business, so maybe therefore Tom wasnt such a lousy choise.

Last edited by prodotti; 12/27/09 03:30 PM.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull