GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 117 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,359
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,218
Posts1,056,200
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: If There Were To Be A Godfather IV... [Re: yakuza] #716481
05/20/13 02:47 AM
05/20/13 02:47 AM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
Might as well bring this one back up.

I wonder if Paramount might be spurred by the success of the reboot of the Star Trek franchise with a new cast in classic roles.

"You did good."
Re: If There Were To Be A Godfather IV... [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #717624
05/29/13 12:35 AM
05/29/13 12:35 AM
Las Vegas, Nevada
Jimmy_The_Gent321 Offline
Soldier
Jimmy_The_Gent321  Offline
Soldier
Wiseguy
Las Vegas, Nevada
I don't like the idea of CGI. I believe that we should just leave the movie and it's sequel as it is, a Classic. And the chances of Coppola directing another Godfather is slim to none and without Coppola directing, the movie just wouldn't seem right. That is of course my opinion and I could easily be proven wrong. Who really knows how properly it could be executed.

Re: If There Were To Be A Godfather IV... [Re: Yurkin] #727436
07/17/13 07:39 PM
07/17/13 07:39 PM
T
The_Little_Man Offline
Associate
The_Little_Man  Offline
T
Associate
Originally Posted By: Yurkin
I think people underestimate Anthony. In fact, in a way, he's a lot like Michael.

Michael went against his father's wishes to continue college. What did he do? He joined the Marine Corps.
Then after the murder in the restuarant, Michael became the man he was today. (or..in the movie grin )

I think Anthony has the same air about him. He went against HIS father to do what he thought was right, or what he wanted. If push came to shove, I think Anthony could become as strong as his father.

And I think push came to shove when he saw his baby sister murdered in front of his very own eyes.

I'm with you on that.

What if Vincent asked Anthony to oversee the still-legitimate side of the Corleone family business? Anthony gradually gets drawn into the darker side of what it is to be a Corleone, but at the end, after the death of Vincent, he walks away from it.

A side thought: I always thought it would be cool if Michael's death actually turned out NOT to be natural causes -- maybe Connie, in true Sicilian fashion (and perhaps going a little loony toon over time, as well), waited for the perfect opportunity to kill Michael, to revenge all the "wrongs" he'd done her over time. (He wouldn't be the FIRST old man she'd poisoned, after all...)

Last edited by The_Little_Man; 07/17/13 07:40 PM.
Re: If There Were To Be A Godfather IV... [Re: The_Little_Man] #727643
07/18/13 05:12 PM
07/18/13 05:12 PM
New Market, MD
DeathByClotheshanger Offline
Underboss
DeathByClotheshanger  Offline
Underboss
New Market, MD
After Mary's death, Anthony would want no part of the family business, legit or not.

In my fantasy Part IV, I envision Anthony taking revenge on Vincent...blaming him for Mary, and in turn, becoming part of the family, which is something his father wouldn't want now after losing one child to the business.

I envision a Part IV with Vincent's death, and Anthony closing the door on Michael, a la Kay, in Part I.

Re: If There Were To Be A Godfather IV... [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #727985
07/19/13 07:55 PM
07/19/13 07:55 PM
T
The_Little_Man Offline
Associate
The_Little_Man  Offline
T
Associate
Taking that a little further, then, Anthony could essentially be working from within, DELIBERATELY doing all he could do to bring down the Family. Revenge is a very Sicilian thing, after all -- I think they do it better than almost anyone, at least in the world of the Godfather! wink

Re: If There Were To Be A Godfather IV... [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #734207
08/13/13 01:12 PM
08/13/13 01:12 PM
belgium
joffrey_le_belge Offline
Associate
joffrey_le_belge  Offline
Associate
belgium
I've long thought a sequel to the Godfather trilogy was obsolete, nonetheless recently I've started to think some otherwise,

because to me, you absolutely need Al Pacino in a sequel, and as we saw him die at the end of the 3rd, that rules out any possible return, but we saw him die much older then he was when Vincent Mancini took over,

having read "the omerta" (which had some good ideas, but was but so/so in the end), some of it's ideas could be recycled as sequel of the Godfather,

we could have Michael Corleone form a "secret" champion for the Corleone's, a sicilian from their hometown (who as youngster whose father has been murdered, to echo the start of the Godfather),

movie could start opposite as the ending of the first, the power of the Corleone's on the decline, and the elimination of the Corleone topmembers, Michael Corleone being shot, Vincent Mancini, Anthony Corlone, the capo's,

the "ennemy's" (powerfull south american drug cartel with connections in the US and sicilian maffia, and CIA connections) would have set their eyes on the legitime assets of the Corleone's (banks, real estate companies) they want to use to whitewash their drugs money,

the "heir" of Michael would then come forth (in flashbacks we see how Michale 'trained' him), taking head of the family, Anthony and Vincent would now him adult children also (could make a love story with one of the daughters and the "heir")

Michael Corleone, would just as father before survive to his wounds and be the consiglieri his father was to him, fulfilling the Corleone revenge, before returning to Sicily where we see him die as the end of the 3rd, the "heir" of the Corleone's could then turn the Corleone's (the remaining off course) finally on the legit path and eliminating every remaining treath to the Corleone's, and becoming himself the next big Don,

the time period would off course be the 70/80's

well that would be how I could live with a sequel smile

Re: If There Were To Be A Godfather IV... [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #735992
08/22/13 05:57 AM
08/22/13 05:57 AM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Coppola says in his commentary of the films on DVD and Blu-ray that he envisioned a final film with Puzo in which there would be one more scene between Michael and Vincent before Michael's death. So that means that a fourth film would probably take place in 1996-97.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: If There Were To Be A Godfather IV... [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #785180
06/22/14 12:51 AM
06/22/14 12:51 AM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
Pacino is now 74, the age Michael Corleone would be in 1994.

Garcia in recent photos has looked a lot like ... uhm... Francis Ford Coppola, with beard, etc etc.

Talia Shire is 68 and seems semi-retired, although she does attend Hollywood functions and could probably make an appearance as a late-70s Connie.

Franc D'Ambrosio has never appeared in another movie, although he has done a lot of opera and stage work, so theoretically he could play Anthony -- unless Paramount wanted to recast with a bigger name.

I think ANY Godfather IV would almost have to include a couple of Vito's other grandchildren: Santino Jr., Sonny's legitimate son, and Connie's son Michael Francis Rizzi-Corleone, the baby shown being baptized during the mob massacre at the end of GF I in 1955.

Santino could be explained as having left the Corleone family orbit and moved away to Florida to pursue "legitimate" business during GF III.

Michael Francis could be shown as the result of Connie's neglectful parenting in GF II -- it was commented at the time (1959-60) that her older son, Victor, had already been involved in crime, so it would be no big stretch to explain that Michael Francis had been in trouble with the law much of his youth and was off in prison in 1979-80 when GF III took place.

IMO, over the years and multiple divorces, Connie would have dumped the surname Rizzi and any other of her husband's names, and returned to the use of her maiden name -- she always considered herself a Corleone above anything else -- and probably changed her sons' names too.

So by the mid-1990s, Michael Francis Rizzi-Corleone would be about 40 -- an age for which Robert Downey, Jr., 49, could easily pass.

Downey certainly resembles Pacino enough it would be no stretch to sell him as his nephew (or Connie's son).

The theme of GF IV could be Vincent's tenure as Don running into trouble due to bad decisions such as getting involved in narcotics trade, and Santino Jr. and Michael Francis competing to take over after his downfall.

Anthony could return as the "Tom Hagen" figure serving as the legal brains of the family -- his loyalty would be crucial to decide which cousin would take control.

So you would have Sonny's illegitmate son leading the family into disaster, with Sonny's legitimate son and Connie's son competing to replace him -- with Michael's son advising them all.

Last edited by EnzoBaker; 06/22/14 01:00 AM.

"You did good."
Re: If There Were To Be A Godfather IV... [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #886463
06/29/16 05:20 AM
06/29/16 05:20 AM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
It would be nice to see Pacino play Michael Corleone one last time and not phone it in like he did in 3. I'm watching Two For The Money right now, and honestly I can't think of any character Pacino has played similar to old Michael from 1 and 2. He's a totally different person now. Can't even picture him playing that serious Michael Corleone character. Just imagine him doing GF 4 and nailing the old Michael. Being convincing. That would be something. Nothing wrong with hoping. Like hoping this Scorsese Hoffa movie actually gets done.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: If There Were To Be A Godfather IV... [Re: Italian_Mafia_Boss] #918291
08/11/17 08:49 PM
08/11/17 08:49 PM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
For that matter, the only indication that the death of Michael Corleone took place in 1997 is off-camera commentary by FFC.

There is nothing in-story continuity in GF III that indicates any particular year it has to be.

Obviously Michael is very old and now mostly blind, but really that could be anywhere from 1985 to 2015.

Michael was born in 1920, so he could be an aged and sickly 65, or he might be a well-preserved 95. Some people do reach a kind of 'aging plateau' and don't look much different at 90 than they did at 70.

So that could open quite a bit of flexibility for a possible GF IV. The date of the death scene isn't set in stone.

Last edited by EnzoBaker; 08/11/17 08:55 PM.

"You did good."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull