Spaghetti con Cacio e Pepe
Spaghetti with Sheep's Cheese and Black Pepper

Ingredients:

14 oz (400 grams) Spaghetti (cooked 'al dente')
5 oz (150 grams) Pecorino Romano cheese (freshly grated)
1/3 oz (10 grams) Black pepper (roughly crushed)

Directions:

Pour the cheese into a large bowl.

Sprinkle with all the crushed pepper you have prepared.

Mix the cheese with the pepper. The pepper must be evenly distributed.

Drain the spaghetti but remember to leave some water (the spaghetti should look visibly wet). Drain the spaghetti into a large pan and keep some of the boiling water in case you need it at a later stage.

Put the spaghetti into the large bowl where you have previously put the cheese and the pepper.

Stir energetically in order to coat all the spaghetti. At this stage, the cheese should melt in contact with the hot spaghetti and the water you left in the spaghetti will help to create a nice creamy coating.

If you think the spaghetti coating is becoming too dry, you can add a half ladle of the water you saved before.

When you prepare this dish, be sure your guests are ready around the table so you can serve it immediately. Another tip is to preheat the plates; this will help the spaghetti to remain hot. Serves 4.

That's it!

(This is not my recipe, it is a recipe I tried and recommend, the recipe is from http://www.oreganofromitaly.com/)

Last edited by Santino_Brasi; 11/11/08 09:58 PM.

He - (Simón Bolívar) - was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. "Damn it," He sighed. "How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

So what’s the labyrinth?

That’s the mystery isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape - the world, or, the end of it?