Tortelloni di Ricotta e Spinaci In Salsa di Pomodoro
Ricotta and Spinach Tortelloni in Tomato Sauce

Ingredients:

5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
12 garlic cloves, sliced
6 large tomatoes, chopped (about 5 cups)
1 cup chopped fresh basil
1 10-ounce package spinach leaves, stems trimmed

1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Ground nutmeg
24 square wonton wrappers

Directions:

Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.

Add onion and half of garlic; saute 5 minutes.

Add tomatoes and 3/4 cup basil. Cook 15 minutes to blend flavors, stirring often and adding water if dry.

Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Chill.)

Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat.

Add remaining garlic; saute 1 minute.

Add spinach; cook until most of liquid evaporates, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Drain and cool. Squeeze out liquid.

Place spinach in processor. Add ricotta and blend well.

Blend in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Season filling to taste with nutmeg, salt and pepper.

Place 1 wonton wrapper on work surface. Brush edges with water.

Place 1 scant tablespoon filling on 1 half.

Fold diagonally in half, forming triangle. Press edges to seal.

Overlap 2 ends together; press to adhere. Repeat with remaining wrappers, water and filling.

Place in single layer on floured baking sheet. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover with plastic; chill.)

Working in batches, cook tortelloni in pot of boiling salted water until 'al dente', stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer to bowls.

Meanwhile, bring sauce to simmer.

Spoon over pasta. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup basil. Makes 4 servings.

That's it!

(This is not my recipe, it is a recipe I tried and recommend, the recipe is from http://www.oreganofromitaly.com/)

Last edited by Santino_Brasi; 11/11/08 09:54 PM.

He - (Simón Bolívar) - was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. "Damn it," He sighed. "How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

So what’s the labyrinth?

That’s the mystery isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape - the world, or, the end of it?