4 ounces pancetta, finely chopped
Two 14 and 1/2-ounce cans whole tomatoes in juice
1 and 3/4 cups chicken stock or chicken broth
1/2 cup whole milk
5 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 and 1/2 teaspoons dried
12 ounces fettuccine
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Heat olive oil in heavy large pot over medium heat.

Add onions, celery and garlic and saute until vegetables are tender and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.

Increase heat to high; add veal, pork and pancetta and saute until meat is brown, breaking up meat with back of fork, about 10 minutes.

Add tomatoes with their juices, 1 and 3/4 cups stock, milk and thyme.

Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered 1 hour 15 minutes, breaking up tomatoes with back of spoon, adding more stock if mixture is too thick and stirring occasionally.

Season ragu to taste with salt and pepper.

Cook fettuccine in large pot of boiling salted water just until 'al dente'. Drain.

Add fettuccine to pot with ragu and toss to blend.

Transfer to large bowl. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.

Serve, passing remaining Parmesan cheese separately. Makes 4 servings.

That's it!

(This is not my recipe, it is a recipe I tried and recommend, the recipe is from http://www.oreganofromitaly.com/)

Last edited by Santino_Brasi; 11/11/08 09:53 PM.

He - (Simón Bolívar) - was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. "Damn it," He sighed. "How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

So what’s the labyrinth?

That’s the mystery isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape - the world, or, the end of it?