1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cups rice
1/2 cup white wine
3 or more cups stock
1 teaspoon salt
Saffron
Grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a heavy skillet. When it is bubbling, add the onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes; do not allow the onion to brown.

Add the rice and stir it well with a spatula; do not allow it to color. Be certain that the onion and rice are well coated with the butter.

Add the wine and let it almost cook away.

Start to add stock, a cup at a time. Let each cup of stock cook away before adding more.

As the rice becomes tender, stir it with a fork to keep it from sticking to the pan. Add salt and a touch of saffron.

When the rice is done, stir in the remaining 2-3 tablespoons of butter and a little grated Parmesan cheese. Serve at once. Serves 4.

That's it!

(This is not my recipe, it is a recipe I tried and recommend, the recipe is from http://www.oreganofromitaly.com/)

Last edited by Santino_Brasi; 11/11/08 09:51 PM.

He - (Simón Bolívar) - was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. "Damn it," He sighed. "How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

So what’s the labyrinth?

That’s the mystery isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape - the world, or, the end of it?