2 (35-oz) cans plum tomatoes, including juice
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
1/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 lb dried linguine

Directions:

Put tentacles from octopus head (just below eyes) and discard head.

Fill a 6 to 8-quart pot three-fourths full with water and bring octopus to a boil (do not salt water; it will make octopus tough).

Simmer until tender when pierced with a fork, about 1 hour.

Drain and cool slightly. Rinse under cold running water to remove as much of purple outer coating as possible without removing suction cups.

Drain well and cut crosswise into 1 and 1/2-inch pieces.

While octopus simmers, chop tomatoes, reserving juices.

Saute garlic and red pepper flakes in olive oil in a 6 to 8-quart heavy pot over moderately high heat, stirring, until golden, about 1 minute.

Stir in parsley and basil.

Add tomatoes with juices and bring to a boil.

Simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes.

Add octopus and cook until very tender when thick parts are pierced with a fork, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper.

Meanwhile, boil linguine in a large pot of salted water until 'al dente', then drain well.

Serve octopus sauce over linguine. Makes 6 servings.

That's it!

(This is not my recipe, it is a recipe I tried and recommend, the recipe is from http://www.oreganofromitaly.com/)

Last edited by Santino_Brasi; 11/11/08 09:51 PM.

He - (Simón Bolívar) - was shaken by the overwhelming revelation that the headlong race between his misfortunes and his dreams was at that moment reaching the finishing line. The rest was darkness. "Damn it," He sighed. "How will I ever get out of this labyrinth!"

So what’s the labyrinth?

That’s the mystery isn’t it? Is the labyrinth living or dying? Which is he trying to escape - the world, or, the end of it?