GangsterBB.NET



Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Neo, m2w, 1 invisible), 53 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Gina's Artroom
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website

>MobPosters.com
>Puzo Amazon Store
>Ebay: Godfather
>Ebay: Scarface

>Live Chatroom
A word from our sponsors...



Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
Justicetechpros, Presti95, Surebaby, Richguy, Gringamania
9857 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 56,957
DE NIRO 44,785
J Geoff 31,011
pizzaboy 23,291
SC 22,902
Mignon 19,066
Turnbull 18,379
Don Cardi 18,237
Sicilian Babe 17,286
plawrence 15,058
Beth E 14,900
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics38,241
Posts965,479
Members9,857
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: Irishman12] #965035
03/01/19 06:29 PM
03/01/19 06:29 PM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 22,902
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 22,902
New York
I-12, you're from the NYC area so you'd understand - it's what you get used to when eating pizza. If you move out of that area and don't have access to a REAL pizzeria you miss it and don't wanna settle for a Saltine with spaghetti sauce on it. ohwell


.
Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: SC] #965064
03/02/19 02:14 AM
03/02/19 02:14 AM
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,845
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,845
n.e.philly
Originally Posted by SC
Originally Posted by olivant
while helping a friend move years ago, I ate a piece of Little Ceasers pizza. That is not pizza. The makers of it should be arrested for fraud and attempted murder.


lol lol

If you don't have access to REAL pizza (i.e. NYC or Chicago or New England) you don't know any better and think that those pizza chains like Dominos or Little Caesars are the real thing. It isn't but ignorance is bliss. ohwell

Geez..SC..not like that u don't..I..or should I say WE here in Philly r pizza snobs & have a great deal of joints that WILL rival ur old school but tried & true joints in NYC...Now..why don't u in ur spare time Google "Stella" pizza phila. ,,w/ the black truffle shavings & a sunny side up w/ runny yolk egg ...or the "Osteria pizzeria" " on Broad st. by our most famous chef Marc Vetri ..just 1once google SC philly pizza & u will c we r nor have been left out in the cold lately..our pizza is rivaling ur old school NY pasty dough shit 4 a while now..lol..


I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: hoodlum] #965094
03/02/19 02:09 PM
03/02/19 02:09 PM
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 18,379
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 18,379
AZ
Here in Arizona, the preferred toppings are cactus and sand...


Ntra la porta tua lu sangu sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #965096
03/02/19 03:18 PM
03/02/19 03:18 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 56,957
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
BOSS

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 56,957
The Villa Quatro
What I will never understand, is how and why people dip their pizza in ranch dressing! AB-SOUL-LOOT-LEE disgusting! It's a southern thing. I have no idea how it got started but I'll never do it. They actually offer it as a condiment. Crushed peppers, Parmesan cheese or ranch.


Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: Irishman12] #965107
03/02/19 05:13 PM
03/02/19 05:13 PM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,451
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Underboss
DuesPaid  Offline
Underboss
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,451
Where ever needed.
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Originally Posted by SC
Originally Posted by olivant
while helping a friend move years ago, I ate a piece of Little Ceasers pizza. That is not pizza. The makers of it should be arrested for fraud and attempted murder.


lol lol

If you don't have access to REAL pizza (i.e. NYC or Chicago or New England) you don't know any better and think that those pizza chains like Dominos or Little Caesars are the real thing. It isn't but ignorance is bliss. ohwell

Geez..SC..not like that u don't..I..or should I say WE here in Philly r pizza snobs & have a great deal of joints that WILL rival ur old school but tried & true joints in NYC...Now..why don't u in ur spare time Google "Stella" pizza phila. ,,w/ the black truffle shavings & a sunny side up w/ runny yolk egg ...or the "Osteria pizzeria" " on Broad st. by our most famous chef Marc Vetri ..just 1once google SC philly pizza & u will c we r nor have been left out in the cold lately..our pizza is rivaling ur old school NY pasty dough shit 4 a while now..lol..


Yeah, Phili has good Food.

Originally Posted by Turnbull
Here in Arizona, the preferred toppings are cactus and sand...


Thats Hysterical.

Originally Posted by Irishman12
What I will never understand, is how and why people dip their pizza in ranch dressing! AB-SOUL-LOOT-LEE disgusting! It's a southern thing. I have no idea how it got started but I'll never do it. They actually offer it as a condiment. Crushed peppers, Parmesan cheese or ranch.


Nope, noway, Ranch on a Pete za.....no Way.


Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: DuesPaid] #965113
03/02/19 06:14 PM
03/02/19 06:14 PM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 22,902
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 22,902
New York
Originally Posted by DuesPaid
Yeah, Phili has good Food.


I never said they didn't. I've had a few different of their dishes and the food is good.


.
Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #967683
03/24/19 07:30 PM
03/24/19 07:30 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 56,957
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
BOSS

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 56,957
The Villa Quatro
Had some Dominoes again today. Tried their Buffalo Chicken sandwich, their Parmesan bread bites and had their Italian Sausage Mariana pasta again. The sandwich wasn't bad but needed more hot sauce. The bread bites were good (and were a 16 count as well) while the pasta was good, but needed more sausage this time around (I didn't have that problem the last time I ordered it).


Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #967686
03/24/19 08:01 PM
03/24/19 08:01 PM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,451
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Underboss
DuesPaid  Offline
Underboss
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,451
Where ever needed.
Nice


Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #979519
10/17/19 05:56 AM
10/17/19 05:56 AM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,313
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,313
MI
October is National Pizza Month.
If you need an excuse to have pizza, the time is now. October is National Pizza Month.

And oh, how Americans love pizza. According to a recent study, 83% of Americans eat pizza at least once a month.
Though we are already halfway through the month, there are still plenty of pizza deals to be had.But first, we have a slice (sorry, couldn’t resist) of pizza news. PizzaPapalis has a new addition to its menu.

Long known for its Chicago-style deep dish and thin pizzas since 1986, PizzaPapalis has added Detroit-style pizza. There are four options available or you can build your own.
Joe Sheena, who started PizzaPappalis with his brother Mark, said the pizza is called Nana’s Detroit-style pizza. It's a tribute to his mother, Mary, whom he calls the leading force in getting him into the food business...

ARTICLE


"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleas old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: Irishman12] #979520
10/17/19 06:08 AM
10/17/19 06:08 AM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,313
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,313
MI
Originally Posted by Irishman12
What I will never understand, is how and why people dip their pizza in ranch dressing! AB-SOUL-LOOT-LEE disgusting! It's a southern thing. I have no idea how it got started but I'll never do it. They actually offer it as a condiment. Crushed peppers, Parmesan cheese or ranch.


lol smile
In the Midwest especially, ranch goes on just about everything.

Quote
It is through chicken wings that ranch made the transition to pizza.
Tim McIntyre, a spokesman for Domino’s, said the company added chicken wings to its menu in 1994. Ranch was sent along with each order of wings, but Americans quickly began dunking pizza in the stuff.
“That’s what I remember from birthday parties when I was young, and on late nights in college,” said Ms. Reisner, 25. “Ranch and pizza, pizza and ranch.”

Other members of her generation agree.
“It’s kind of like a whole extra course,” said Alvin Lim, 31, a culinary student in Providence, R.I. “You eat your pizza, but then you’re probably still hungry, so you stick the crusts in the ranch.”
Ranch on pizza provoked controversy at first, but it is now settled law in much of the country (outside the Northeast, at least).


"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleas old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: Lilo] #979532
10/17/19 02:00 PM
10/17/19 02:00 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 56,957
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
BOSS

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 56,957
The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by Lilo


Ranch on pizza provoked controversy at first, but it is now settled law in much of the country (outside the Northeast, at least).[/i]




[/quote]

No way, not settled law. Maybe it's because I'm from New York but I will never understand it! Marinara sauce, fine. But ranch? I don't care if you got them with the wings, no way.


Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #979545
10/17/19 05:28 PM
10/17/19 05:28 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 115
P
padrone Offline
Made Member
padrone  Offline
P
Made Member
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 115
I'm from NYC originally and went to college in Buffalo (93-97) and most of the kids were from the Buffalo/ Niagara/Rochester area and when we would get pizza and wings everyone would dip their pizza in blue cheese. At first I thought it was nasty but it kinda grew on me. I now live in Philly and would not think of doing that in public!

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: JRCX] #979546
10/17/19 05:31 PM
10/17/19 05:31 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 115
P
padrone Offline
Made Member
padrone  Offline
P
Made Member
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 115
Lived in New Haven, CT for law school and they have the best pizza in the world hands down. Sally's, Pepe's or even Sal and Joe's in Hamden. PS Buffalo pizza sucks

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: padrone] #979587
10/18/19 01:45 PM
10/18/19 01:45 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 56,957
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
BOSS

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 56,957
The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by padrone
Lived in New Haven, CT for law school and they have the best pizza in the world hands down. Sally's, Pepe's or even Sal and Joe's in Hamden. PS Buffalo pizza sucks


A family friend was talking up Sally's and Pepe's last year when I was up (I only get to go up once a year for the holidays). I wasn't able to make it happen with my schedule but I've already told him when I'm coming up this year and we're gonna hit both up. He talks them up too. I want to see what's so special about them.


Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: padrone] #979998
10/25/19 03:34 PM
10/25/19 03:34 PM
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 233
M
Mikey_Sunset Offline
Made Member
Mikey_Sunset  Offline
M
Made Member
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 233
The first time I saw anyone dipping pizza into salad dressing was about 20 years ago. We were ordering pizza for lunch when a co-worker said - "tell them to include some ranch dressing". I thought she was nuts when I saw dipping a slice. I tried it and it's okay for crust, like a soft breadstick but it's not my thing. I tried blue cheese too, it was better but still not something I order with a pie.

Re: Pizza Hunter [Re: Mikey_Sunset] #980038
10/26/19 03:03 PM
10/26/19 03:03 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 56,957
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline
BOSS
Irishman12  Offline
BOSS

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 56,957
The Villa Quatro
Originally Posted by Mikey_Sunset
The first time I saw anyone dipping pizza into salad dressing was about 20 years ago. We were ordering pizza for lunch when a co-worker said - "tell them to include some ranch dressing". I thought she was nuts when I saw dipping a slice. I tried it and it's okay for crust, like a soft breadstick but it's not my thing. I tried blue cheese too, it was better but still not something I order with a pie.


I could see dipping the crust in some marinara sauce or something like that. But yeah, I never got the whole ranch dressing thing either. Sacrilege!


Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC 

Powered by UBB.threads™