GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 83 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,152
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: pizzaboy] #472349
02/12/08 11:23 PM
02/12/08 11:23 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
"This is Staten Island - I could swing a dead cat around my head, and every fifth person I would hit is organized crime." - Curtis Sliwa

Fuck him! What a pair off balls to make that kind of stereotypical statement about Staten Island and it's people.

Fucking moron.

POLS RAP SLIWA ON ISLAND SLUR

Didn't they fire Don Imus for making a sacial slur? Why not Sliwa? What's the difference? ;\)

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: Don Cardi] #472391
02/13/08 08:39 AM
02/13/08 08:39 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

"This is Staten Island - I could swing a dead cat around my head, and every fifth person I would hit is organized crime." - Curtis Sliwa

Fuck him! What a pair off balls to make that kind of stereotypical statement about Staten Island and it's people.

Fucking moron.

Didn't they fire Don Imus for making a sacial slur? Why not Sliwa? What's the difference? ;\)

I guess Al Sharpton hasn't gotten involved yet.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: Don Cardi] #472395
02/13/08 09:15 AM
02/13/08 09:15 AM
Philadelphia
BDuff Offline
Philadelphia's Consigliere
BDuff  Offline
Philadelphia's Consigliere
Underboss
Philadelphia

Fucking moron.

I won't even touch that

"When my time comes, tell me, will I stand up?"
Paulie "Walnuts" Gaultiere - The Sopranos

Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: BDuff] #472403
02/13/08 11:15 AM
02/13/08 11:15 AM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
Here is a story about the agent who got proposed for mebership in to the Gambino Family ill post the story then the link as there is a interview with him on the main page.

Only one other undercover agent in history has walked in his shoes; played a role to such perfection as to be offered the Mafia's most sacred blessing.

"I am the second law-enforcement officer ever to be proposed for membership into La Cosa Nostra," Jack Garcia told CBS News chief investigative correspondent Armen Keteyian.

The first, immortalized in the movie "Donnie Brasco," tells the tale of FBI agent Joe Pistone who infiltrated the Bonnano crime family back in the mid-1970s.

Now, for the first time on television, a modern-day Brasco, who still works undercover, tells CBS News how he convinced the notorious Gambino crime family he was one of their own.

"You're always so afraid for your life," Garcia said. "And anyone who tells you otherwise is lying. I mean, things can turn like this (snaps fingers)."

His riveting story begins as Garcia, a Cuban-born immigrant turned FBI undercover agent with a gift for creating characters - from a drug lord to small-time mobsters - for 20 years.

Then he went big-game hunting after the Gambinos, posing as Jack Falcone, a Miami wise-guy.

"Jack Falcone was a knock-around guy from Florida who was a jewel thief, he was a hijacker. He was an individual that was surrounded in Miami by the Cuban culture," Garcia said.

It was the spring of 2003 when Jack Falcone, a.k.a., "Jackie Boy," caught the eye of Gambino capo Greg DePalma who controlled loan sharking, gambling and construction rackets in and around New York.

"They wanted me because I was an earner," he said. "You're not a broken-down garbage can. You're a guy who makes money, and that's what the mob is all about."

Falcone eventually earned DePalma's trust by offering an endless supply of stolen goods - likes cigarettes and televisions - all provided by the FBI.

"Jack, there has to be a moment when the door opens and you realize I am in," Keteyian asked.

"I remember that day distinctively," Garcia said. "I met with him, at which time he presented me with a beautiful diamond pinky ring. He told me he put me on record with the Gambino crime family. 'You're under our umbrella.'"

Wearing a court-authorized wire, over the next two years Falcone secretly recorded DePalma - and other bosses - concocting money-making schemes at restaurants, diners, even a Jewish geriatric center … the FBI monitoring almost every meeting.

In a scene straight out of Hollywood, at one point Falcone was called upon to "talk" to a made man not paying the proper respect to DePalma. It was a meeting that took place right in one Bloomingdales' housewares section.

Things turned ugly. Falcone says he watched a mob soldier pick up a solid glass candlestick and bash the guy over the head.

"In the housewares," Garcia said. "Grabs it, hits him right over the head, cracks his head open. You hear like a melon popping; blood all over the place."

In March of 2005, the FBI swooped in and arrested DePalma, his bosses Arnold Squitieri and Anthony "The Genius" Magale along with dozens of underlings, essentially decapitating the family.

All pleaded guilty except DePalma, who insisted on going to trial, where, before his eyes, his "Jackie Boy" turned into FBI agent Jack Garcia…putting DePalma behind bars for 12 years.

Describe the look on DePalma's face, as he's staring at you when you are on that witness stand.

"It was like, if he could only get his hands around my neck," Garcia said.

Is he worried Greg DePalma wants to put him in the ground?

"What the bureau did, they went out and spoke to the heads of all five families and they told them if anything is to happen to Jack Falcone, the reign of terror will fall upon them," Garcia said.

But what motivated Garcia to put these guys away?

"I saw the faces. They're really like wolves in sheep's clothing," he said. "These are not the people that should be revered… as being these great group of guys. They're not. They're criminals."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/02/12/cbsnews_investigates/main3823627.shtml

If i come across the table and take your f*****g eyes out ,will you remember

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uw-Uw0DUAGo

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pv7H4YkFKs
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #472416
02/13/08 12:28 PM
02/13/08 12:28 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
 Quote:
...Then he went big-game hunting after the Gambinos, posing as Jack Falcone, a Miami wise-guy.

Strange. I heard about this story myself on the radio yesterday while riding in my car. When I first heard it, and again now reading it today, the name Falcone and undercover agent rang a bell for me.

Then I thought to myself that several years ago there was a TV show by the same name...Falcone.

So I looked it up and sure enough I was right.

"Falcone" was a TV series that lasted for one season in the year 2000.

It was based on Joe Pistone's Donnie Brasco. Pistone was a co-writer of the show. And the main character was a guy named Joe Falcone who is an agent working undercover to infiltrate a New York crime family. It was based on the life of undercover agent Joe Pistone.

Now isn't it kind of strange, or even a bit risky, that the real life undecover agent ( Garcia ) took the same name as the TV show undercover agent who actually was based on the real life Donnie Brasco aka Joe Pistone?

Anyway, that aside, this new Donnie Brasco like story with this Garcia aka Jack Falcone, should be real interesting.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: Don Cardi] #472418
02/13/08 12:30 PM
02/13/08 12:30 PM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
That's funny i saw this show advertised in the summer last year but never watched it as it was on at about 3 am,was the show good?

Apart from that it is rather strange and risky that a agent would go by that name i dont think i would have taken that chance

Last edited by chopper; 02/13/08 12:30 PM.

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #472559
02/13/08 05:56 PM
02/13/08 05:56 PM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
Big mob trial unlikely for Gambino defendants

The case against the scores of reputed Gambino crime family members and associates rounded up last week is so massive that it will have to be broken up or risk running afoul of court rules barring massive trials, defense attorneys said yesterday.

Some of the lawyers also said they are having problems arranging jailhouse visits at the federal Metropolitan Detention Center because the key mob defendants are in solitary confinement and are barred from having contact with each other.

Last night lawyers for reputed Gambino consiglieri Joseph Corozzo filed papers saying he and the other defendants were being held in solitary at the request of Brooklyn prosecutors, and asked for his release from detention. Similar requests were expected to be filed today.
The order means only one lawyer at a time is permitted to visit a client, causing some attorneys to miss client visits altogether, sources said. About 18 defendants, including reputed acting Gambino boss John D'Amico, 73, are being held without bail.

Officials at the detention center in Sunset Park didn't return a telephone call seeking comment. Robert Nardoza, a spokesman for the U.S. Attorney's office in Brooklyn, declined to comment.

Yesterday two defendants who were out of town during the bust received bail after pleading not guilty. Well- known Brooklyn restaurateur and alleged Gambino soldier Joseph Chirico, 63, was freed by U.S. magistrate-judge Robert Levy on a $1 million bond. Reputed soldier Jerome Brancato, 76, was freed on $500,000 bond.

The 62 defendants make the Gambino case unwieldy, said attorney Joel Winograd, who is defending Michael Urciuoli, 46.

"The case has so many charges and so many wiretaps and surveillances that it will not be tried for anybody for one to two years," said Winograd.

After the famed 21-defendant Pizza Connection trial went 17 months in 1987, the U.S. Court of Appeals said judges should split up the case if trials might last more than four months with 10 defendants.

"Most of these things don't belong in the same indictment," said D'Amico's attorney, Bob Blossner of Manhattan. "The court will have to put their hand on it at some point."

Susan Kellman, who is defending reputed Gambino captain Leonard DiMaria, thinks Brooklyn prosecutors will have to come up with a plan to divide the case.

But Diarmuid White, a noted Manhattan trial and appeals lawyer, expects plea negotiations to whittle down the defendants. The problem with breaking up cases means delays for some defendants could violate their rights to a speedy trial, he said.

"The judge has to order serial trials and therefore at end of the line have to wait," said White.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyork/ny-nymob0213,0,4016148.story

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #472699
02/14/08 09:46 AM
02/14/08 09:46 AM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
Mob sweep clearing old local murders

In May 2003, Angelo Mugnolo, owner of Sapienza’s Bagels, Deli and Restaurant, currently located on Cross Bay Boulevard in Howard Beach, was shot several times as he was leaving for work, allegedly by Vincent and Richard Gotti and Angelo Ruggiero.

Five years later, the men, classified as “Gambino family soldiers” by Attorney General Andrew Cuomo, are charged with conspiracy to murder and attempted murder.

In a stunning international sting, more than 60 mobsters, including the three men, were arrested last week in the United States and Sicily in what is being called the largest Mafia takedown in more than two decades.

Sixty-two members and associates of the Gambino, Genovese and Bonanno crime families - including the Gambino family’s acting boss John (Jackie Nose) D’Amico; underboss, Domenico (The Greaseball) Cefalu, 61; and consigliere, Joseph (JoJo) Corozzo, 66 - were indicted on 80 counts of racketeering and racketeering conspiracy, encompassing acts of murder, attempted murder, robbery, extortion, loan-sharking, illegal gambling, distribution of cocaine and marijuana, money laundering, mail fraud, bribery of labor officials, embezzlement of union funds, and theft of union benefits.

“NYPD vice detectives smashed a major Gambino gambling ring, and in partnership with the FBI, our Cold Case detectives tracked down killers whose victims, in some cases, were murdered decades ago,” said Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly.

According to Cuomo, the Attorney General’s Organized Crime Task Force (OCTF) and its law enforcement partners developed an informant, identified in reports as Joseph Vollaro, owner of Andrews Trucking in Staten Island, who secretly recorded hundreds of the mobsters’ conversations - thousands of hours - that detailed 30 years of crimes, including eight acts of murder, murder conspiracy and attempted murder:

The murder of Albert Gelb by Charles Carneglia in 1976.

On March 11, 1976, Gelb’s body was discovered in the front seat of a car in Ozone Park with multiple gunshot wounds to his face and body, four days before the Brooklyn Criminal Court Officer was expected to testify at Carneglia’s trial.

The stabbing death of Michael Cotillo by Carneglia on November 6, 1977 in Queens.

The murder of Salvatore Puma, Gambino family associate, by Carneglia while Puma played handball in a Howard Beach park.

The murder of Louis DiBono, Gambino family soldier by Carneglia on October 4, 1990.

The December 1990 armed robbery and felony murder of Jose Delgado Rivera, an armored truck guard, who was shot and killed during a robbery while he and a co-worker were delivering money to the American Airlines building at John F. Kennedy International Airport.

The murders of Robert Arena and Thomas Maranga by Gambino family captain Nicholas Corozzo in January 1996. Luchese family associate Arena and Arena’s friend, Maranga were ordered killed in retaliation for Arena’s failure to return marijuana he had robbed from a narcotics dealer and for Arena’s suspected participation in the murder of a Corozzo crewmember.

The indictment also states that the Gambino family profited from extortion related rackets at construction sites in the New York City metropolitan area, including the proposed NASCAR construction site located in Staten Island and the Liberty View Harbor construction site located in Jersey City.

A Howard Beach resident reacted to the mob takedown with apathy.

“Like they’re in or they’re out,” he said. “They’re going to be here all the time. This is Howard Beach.”

Repeated calls to Mugnolo to find out his reaction to the arrests were not returned by press time.

Overseas, 23 mobsters in Sicily, with alleged relationships with the Gambino crime family, were also arrested.

http://www.queenscourier.com/articles/2008/02/13/news/top_stories/news02.txt

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #472700
02/14/08 09:48 AM
02/14/08 09:48 AM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
Mafia leader Michele "The Pope" Greco died in Rome at the age of 83 after being hospitalized for weeks, a report said.
The former Cosa Nostra chief was serving multiple life sentences at the Rebibbia hospital in Rome before his death on Tuesday, ANSA reported Wednesday.

Greco was known for his mediation skills between Sicilian Mafia families when he reached the organization's top position in 1978.

Greco was arrested in 1986 as part of a "maxi-trial" against hundreds of organized crime members accused of arranging the murders of 78 individuals.

He was sentenced to life in prison in 1987, let out in 1991 on appeal, and arrested again in 1991 after the court overturned the appeal.

''I am a prisoner. Because of an injustice in the 1980s I have been buried alive and have been in prison for 22 years. The dampness of my cell has destroyed my health and I am truly in a bad way,'' he said.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2008/02/13/michele_the_pope_greco_dies_at_age_83/5351/

83 is not a bad age for a mafiosi and dying a natural death is very unheard of.

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #473355
02/16/08 08:46 PM
02/16/08 08:46 PM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
IT'S too bad for Joey Vallaro that so many people want him killed. Otherwise he could make a killing himself on the speakers' circuit with his story of how even in adversity there is opportunity.

In Vallaro's case it would be about how he turned a jail stretch for extortion into a career as a Staten Island trucking magnate.

Always a step ahead, so far at least, Vallaro is the Mafia "rat" at the centre of a 170-page indictment against 62 mobsters and crooks, including the bosses of New York's Gambino family, which resulted in 57 arrests last week. It was a crippling blow to one of the city's notorious Five Families.

Twelve years and a lifetime ago, Vallaro became pals with the Gambino captain Nicholas "Little Nicky" Corozzo while they were in the can. Not long before he was jailed Vallaro and a partner had started a trucking company.

Court documents, referring to Vallaro as "John Doe #4", show that on the outside another Gambino captain, Thomas "Tommy Sneakers" Cacciopoli, recovered a debt owed to Vallaro's company "and, in return, demanded monthly extortion payments from that point forward". After his release from prison in 1999 Vallaro made the payments directly to Cacciopoli, 58, and to stay in business he has since handed over more than $US160,000.

In return, the Gambinos sponsored his business: ushering him into exclusive rights at development sites and granting him permission to start a cement company. When Vallaro wanted to sell after a buyer approached him, he first had to obtain permission from the family.

"In keeping with instructions from Gambino family captains Nicholas Corozzo and Leonard DiMaria to consult them before making any decisions concerning his business, John Doe #4 informed DiMaria of the [buyer's] offer. DiMaria later informed John Doe #4 that the family had agreed to allow him to make the sale, provided he pay $100,000 to the Gambino family," court documents show.

Vallaro's partner did not fare so well: "In early January 2008, Gambino family soldier Joseph Scopo approached John Doe #4 on behalf of Gambino family captain Thomas Cacciopoli and instructed him that when the sale of his cement company took place, John Doe #4 should not provide his partner with the more than $300,000 in sale proceeds due to him, and that Cacciopoli would collect the money himself when he was released from prison."

Long before he OKed selling Vallaro's business, Lenny "Fatso" DiMaria, a family member since the 1970s, had unwittingly given investigators an insight into corporate techniques Gambino-style when he was captured on a surveillance audio tape.

"You have to go bother these people for your money," he was heard telling a subordinate. "Rough them up a little. Tell them 'You're a f---ing stiff' … Crack a face. F--- them up. Don't you do it, send a f---ing kid to rough them up, a f---ing joke."

The most senior of those charged is John "Jackie the Nose" D'Amico, who rose from the rank of soldier to acting boss of the Gambinos. Seventy-three years old and facing racketeering and extortion charges, he may well die in prison like an earlier Gambino boss, John Gotti.

Also indicted are D'Amico's underboss, Dominic "the Greaseball" Cefalu, 61, and Joseph "Miserable" Corozzo, 66, the family's counsellor or consigliere. This trio was the Gambino "administration".

"The Gambino family operated through groups of individuals headed by captains, who were also referred to as skippers, caporegimes and capodecinas. These groups, which were referred to as crews, regimes and decinas, consisted of 'made' members of the Gambino family, also referred to as 'soldiers', 'friends of ours', 'good fellows' and 'buttons' as well as associates of the Gambino family," the indictment reads.

"With the assistance of the underboss and consigliere, the boss was responsible for setting policy, resolving disputes between members and associates of the Gambino family and members and associates of other criminal organisations."

Corozzo's brother, Nicholas "Little Nicky" Corozzo, is charged with the 1996 murder of the Lucchese crime family associate Robert Arena who refused to return marijuana he stole from a drug dealer. Arena was already suspected of killing one of Corozzo's crew - Anthony "Tough Tony" Placido - when Corozzo ordered his killing. A friend of Arena's who happened to be with him when he was shot was also murdered. Of the shooter, Little Nicky is alleged to have said he "did good work".

One longtime soldier who was spared the indignity of a physically demeaning nickname - and possibly with good reason - was Charles "Charlie Canig" Carneglia.

Grey-bearded and with an improbable grey ponytail, Carneglia has allegedly been killing for the Gambinos since the 1970s, and not necessarily always while under instruction.

In 1975 Albert Gelb, 25, intervened when he saw a young woman being harassed in a diner by a man who produced a gun before Gelb disarmed him. The man was Carneglia. Gelb was shot dead seated at the wheel of his car shortly before Carneglia's trial.

Carneglia, 61, has been charged with five murders in all and also is suspected of a notorious hit on one John Favara, who disappeared in July 1980. Favara was the unfortunate motorist who struck and killed Gotti's 12-year-old son. The boy rode his bike into the path of Favara's car. Carneglia is suspected of shooting Favara and of disposing of his body in a cement-filled barrel. Favara's body has not been found.

The FBI this week was making a body count of another sort. In the Gambino takedown they counted three family captains, three acting captains and 16 soldiers. "Once ruled by the powerful Carlo Gambino and 'Dapper Don' John Gotti, the Gambino family has been reduced to a shadow of its former criminal self over the years … but it is far from dead, continuing its efforts to infiltrate such industries as trucking and construction," the FBI said. "Still, the investigations and ensuing indictment represent another crippling blow. A total of 25 alleged Gambino mobsters - including each active leader of the family not already in jail - were indicted."

Among those charged are members and associates of the Bonnano and Genovese crime families and figures from the construction industry and unions. The charges span three decades and involve murder, drug trafficking, money laundering, extortion and various scams.

The Labour Department inspector-general, Gordon Heddell, said the scams involved some of New York's biggest building companies. "Many of these construction companies allegedly paid a 'mob tax' in return for 'protection' and permission to operate," he said. "The Gambino organised crime family caused the theft of Teamsters union dues, and of health and pension funds, directly impacting the welfare and future of many workers."

In addition, Carneglia ran marijuana. Other family members dealt cocaine. Corozzo and DiMaria oversaw illegal bookmakers, and acting captain Frank Cali ran illegal poker machines "including approximately four or five machines in Caf Italia in Brooklyn. Cali split a percentage of the gambling profits with the owner of the restaurant, with 10 per cent off the top going to the administration of the Gambino family," court documents reveal.

"In the 1990s, Cali was involved in overseeing the Gambino family interest in the annual Italian Feast on 18th Avenue in Brooklyn. The Gambino family received a percentage of the fees charged for the booths and rides, which generated tens of thousands of dollars each year. Cali split the money with other Gambino family associates, with 10 per cent off the top going to the administration of the Gambino family."

Joey Vallaro was a good earner for the Gambinos. In January 2006 they allowed him to start a new operation, an excavation business. That alone brought in $30,000 in extortion payments.

The New York Post said the crunch came when he was busted with two kilograms of cocaine in 2004. He turned informant rather than face a possible life sentence.

Contrary to expectations, Vallaro apparently did not enter the witness protection program after authorities swooped on the family: some reports claim that Joey stayed around to make a brazen appearance at a sushi bar last Saturday. It was just two days after the arrests, and two doors from the restaurant run by his now-abandoned wife, Trisha.

He is not expected to reappear until his time comes to testify in the looming Gambino trials. That is especially so since Little Nicky Corozzo, the man who ushered him into the fold, was not home when the police came calling. And he is still out there, somewhere.

You have to go bother these people for your money," he was heard telling a subordinate. "Rough them up a little. Tell them 'You're a f---ing stiff' … Crack a face. F--- them up. Don't you do it, send a f---ing kid to rough them up, a f---ing joke."

The most senior of those charged is John "Jackie the Nose" D'Amico, who rose from the rank of soldier to acting boss of the Gambinos. Seventy-three years old and facing racketeering and extortion charges, he may well die in prison like an earlier Gambino boss, John Gotti.

Also indicted are D'Amico's underboss, Dominic "the Greaseball" Cefalu, 61, and Joseph "Miserable" Corozzo, 66, the family's counsellor or consigliere. This trio was the Gambino "administration".

"The Gambino family operated through groups of individuals headed by captains, who were also referred to as skippers, caporegimes and capodecinas. These groups, which were referred to as crews, regimes and decinas, consisted of 'made' members of the Gambino family, also referred to as 'soldiers', 'friends of ours', 'good fellows' and 'buttons' as well as associates of the Gambino family," the indictment reads.

"With the assistance of the underboss and consigliere, the boss was responsible for setting policy, resolving disputes between members and associates of the Gambino family and members and associates of other criminal organisations."

Corozzo's brother, Nicholas "Little Nicky" Corozzo, is charged with the 1996 murder of the Lucchese crime family associate Robert Arena who refused to return marijuana he stole from a drug dealer. Arena was already suspected of killing one of Corozzo's crew - Anthony "Tough Tony" Placido - when Corozzo ordered his killing. A friend of Arena's who happened to be with him when he was shot was also murdered. Of the shooter, Little Nicky is alleged to have said he "did good work".

One longtime soldier who was spared the indignity of a physically demeaning nickname - and possibly with good reason - was Charles "Charlie Canig" Carneglia.

Grey-bearded and with an improbable grey ponytail, Carneglia has allegedly been killing for the Gambinos since the 1970s, and not necessarily always while under instruction.

In 1975 Albert Gelb, 25, intervened when he saw a young woman being harassed in a diner by a man who produced a gun before Gelb disarmed him. The man was Carneglia. Gelb was shot dead seated at the wheel of his car shortly before Carneglia's trial.

Carneglia, 61, has been charged with five murders in all and also is suspected of a notorious hit on one John Favara, who disappeared in July 1980. Favara was the unfortunate motorist who struck and killed Gotti's 12-year-old son. The boy rode his bike into the path of Favara's car. Carneglia is suspected of shooting Favara and of disposing of his body in a cement-filled barrel. Favara's body has not been found.

The FBI this week was making a body count of another sort. In the Gambino takedown they counted three family captains, three acting captains and 16 soldiers. "Once ruled by the powerful Carlo Gambino and 'Dapper Don' John Gotti, the Gambino family has been reduced to a shadow of its former criminal self over the years … but it is far from dead, continuing its efforts to infiltrate such industries as trucking and construction," the FBI said. "Still, the investigations and ensuing indictment represent another crippling blow. A total of 25 alleged Gambino mobsters - including each active leader of the family not already in jail - were indicted."

Among those charged are members and associates of the Bonnano and Genovese crime families and figures from the construction industry and unions. The charges span three decades and involve murder, drug trafficking, money laundering, extortion and various scams.

The Labour Department inspector-general, Gordon Heddell, said the scams involved some of New York's biggest building companies. "Many of these construction companies allegedly paid a 'mob tax' in return for 'protection' and permission to operate," he said. "The Gambino organised crime family caused the theft of Teamsters union dues, and of health and pension funds, directly impacting the welfare and future of many workers."

In addition, Carneglia ran marijuana. Other family members dealt cocaine. Corozzo and DiMaria oversaw illegal bookmakers, and acting captain Frank Cali ran illegal poker machines "including approximately four or five machines in Caf Italia in Brooklyn. Cali split a percentage of the gambling profits with the owner of the restaurant, with 10 per cent off the top going to the administration of the Gambino family," court documents reveal.

"In the 1990s, Cali was involved in overseeing the Gambino family interest in the annual Italian Feast on 18th Avenue in Brooklyn. The Gambino family received a percentage of the fees charged for the booths and rides, which generated tens of thousands of dollars each year. Cali split the money with other Gambino family associates, with 10 per cent off the top going to the administration of the Gambino family."

Joey Vallaro was a good earner for the Gambinos. In January 2006 they allowed him to start a new operation, an excavation business. That alone brought in $30,000 in extortion payments.

The New York Post said the crunch came when he was busted with two kilograms of cocaine in 2004. He turned informant rather than face a possible life sentence.

Contrary to expectations, Vallaro apparently did not enter the witness protection program after authorities swooped on the family: some reports claim that Joey stayed around to make a brazen appearance at a sushi bar last Saturday. It was just two days after the arrests, and two doors from the restaurant run by his now-abandoned wife, Trisha.

He is not expected to reappear until his time comes to testify in the looming Gambino trials. That is especially so since Little Nicky Corozzo, the man who ushered him into the fold, was not home when the police came calling. And he is still out there, somewhere.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/tales-of-the-mob/2008/02/15/1202760599942.html?page=3

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #473625
02/18/08 02:27 PM
02/18/08 02:27 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
This, in my opinion, is a great article about this whole situation with Vollaro and the effects that he is having on both the mob and the lives of the everyday working class person.

Ripples from mob takedown swamp the working people
The guy who wore a wire against the Gambinos is hardly a hero to his Island ex-employees
Saturday, February 16, 2008
By CORMAC GORDON
STATEN ISLAND ADVANCE

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- The original shock waves have begun to settle after the big Gambino arrests on Staten Island last week.

Family bosses Jackie D'Amico and Jo Jo Corozzo are in lockdown at the federal detention center on Third Avenue in Brooklyn.

Joe Vollaro, the Pleasant Plains resident who wore a wire against the Gambinos, is somewhere known only to the people at the federal witness protection program.

And not, as some have suggested, hanging around the Tottenville mall where his wife runs Dock's Restaurant.

Nick Corozzo, the guy who introduced Vollaro to the mob is, as best anyone can tell, on the run somewhere.

In that regard, everyone involved is pretty much where he is supposed to be.

Except for the collateral damage, of course.

When the mob is involved, there is always plenty of that.

This time around, it's not some poor unfortunate caught in the crossfire on some street corner somewhere, thank goodness. And no stories have surfaced yet of cases of mistaken identity, like the one years ago in Travis when a completely innocent homeowner was gunned down in his driveway.

The people out of luck in this case do, however, include the 40 or so blue-collar workers and secretaries and office staff who came to work last Thursday morning at one of Vollaro's Travis businesses, either Andrews Trucking or Mix Master Enterprises, only to find the Chelsea Road site swarming with cops.

Those Islanders are out of a job.

And a paycheck.

The workers among them who hold union cards are back at the hiring hall looking for a shift here or there across the region.

But day work isn't the same as a steady gig, with benefits and some sense of certainty. And those who weren't union truck drivers are simply looking for another place to work.

The former workers aren't happy, obviously. Not about being out of work. And not about some of the media coverage of Vollaro, which has made him out to be a knight on a white horse taking on organized crime.

"Joe is a drug dealer and a loanshark and a gambler," one of the Islanders from Andrews Trucking said the other day in an interview. "He's a bad guy who got caught selling drugs. It's that simple. He's no hero."

Isn't that the truth.

For some reason, there are people who need to make these stories about a sinner looking for redemption. Or, and this is even more twisted, they characterize the informant as the bad guy for working against the mob.

That's just not the way it is. Ever. The list of criminals who woke up one morning, realized their past sins, and decided to turn over a new leaf and cooperate with authorities is about as long in length as the number of people who believe in Roger Clemens and the Easter bunny.

Joe Vollaro turned against the Gambinos after considering all other possibilities. He cooperated with the government reluctantly, and not without considerable fear.

We're glad he did wear a wire.

But let's not erect any statues, please.

"He's been a criminal since he was a kid," said one member of Local 282 of the Teamsters union who worked for Vollaro. "The Mafia didn't come and knock on his door. He went looking for them."

The problem with becoming partners with the mob is they don't take losses. There is no red ink in the Gambino accounting ledgers. They take theirs first. Off the top. They decide what the percentage will be. No one else has a vote.

A lot of guys who went into business with them have found that out the hard way. Maybe Vollaro is another one of them.

But however it went, because of Vollaro's choices, Island mortgage payments are going missing and college tuitions are being overlooked. Company medical coverage is gone, so doctors' appointments are being canceled.

Vollaro liked to hang around his wife's restaurant, where he looked and played the part of someone important.

Now he's in the jackpot.

"He hurt a lot of people," the driver said.

And isn't that always the way.

----------------------------------------------------------

The people out of luck in this case do, however, include the 40 or so blue-collar workers and secretaries and office staff who came to work last Thursday morning at one of Vollaro's Travis businesses....Those Islanders are out of a job. And a paycheck.

.......some of the media coverage of Vollaro, which has made him out to be a knight on a white horse taking on organized crime.

........"He's a bad guy who got caught selling drugs. It's that simple. He's no hero."

........there are people who need to make these stories about a sinner looking for redemption. Or, and this is even more twisted, they characterize the informant as the bad guy for working against the mob.

........That's just not the way it is. Ever......Joe Vollaro turned against the Gambinos after considering all other possibilities.

.........We're glad he did wear a wire. But let's not erect any statues, please.

.........because of Vollaro's choices, Island mortgage payments are going missing and college tuitions are being overlooked. Company medical coverage is gone, so doctors' appointments are being canceled.

.........He hurt a lot of people," And isn't that always the way.

Well said, The writer hits the nail right on the head!

These guys have absolutely no regard for other people and the affects that they have, because of the choices they make, on other people's lives. They simply couldn't give a damn either way.

The bottom line : It's all about themselves.

Don Cardi cool

Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: Don Cardi] #473671
02/18/08 06:32 PM
02/18/08 06:32 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ

Well said, The writer hits the nail right on the head!

These guys have absolutely no regard for other people and the affects that they have, because of the choices they make, on other people's lives. They simply couldn't give a damn either way.

The bottom line : It's all about themselves.

Absolutely right on the mark! Not only is there no such thing as a victimless crime, but the victims, invariably, are the smallest people in the chain. Every Mob scam costs dearly. No honor among thieves--no heros, either.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: Turnbull] #473672
02/18/08 06:44 PM
02/18/08 06:44 PM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
Thanks for that Don Cardi,a great article \:\)

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #473748
02/19/08 04:48 AM
02/19/08 04:48 AM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
ITALIAN police yesterday captured the top boss of the powerful 'ndrangheta mob, whose clan feuds have bloodied the southern region of Calabria for years.

Pasquale Condello, 57, a fugitive for 20 years, was arrested in an flat in the centre of the regional capital, Reggio Calabria.

Although there was a pistol in the flat, Condello offered no resistance.

In recent years, the 'ndrangheta has eclipsed the Sicilian Mafia in power, especially in cocaine trafficking.

Giuliano Amato, the interior minister, said: "Pasquale Condello was the No 1 boss of the 'ndrangheta. It is the latest, extraordinary operation against organised crime."

Condello was known as "the supreme one" and before his capture had been No 2 on the list of Italy's most dangerous fugitives.

Mr Amato said investigators considered Condello the "Provenzano of Calabria." He was referring to Bernardo Provenzano, the reputed "boss of bosses" of Sicily's Cosa Nostra, who was arrested in 2006 after 40 years as a fugitive.

http://news.scotsman.com/world/No2-on-list-of-.3790251.jp

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #473749
02/19/08 04:53 AM
02/19/08 04:53 AM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
Mafia scion John A. (Junior) Gotti dodged the latest roundup that decimated the Gambino crime family, but feds may be aiming to bring a case against him in Florida, Mafia author Jerry Capeci reported yesterday on the Web site Gang Land News.

Two mob rats linked to a Florida case involving a former Gambino capo are tied to last week's drug charges against Gotti's uncle Vincent and Gambino consigliere Joseph Corozzo, Gang Land reported.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008/02/15/2008-02-15_city_briefs.html

And a link here to Jerry Capeci gang land site with a good article on Junior

http://www.ganglandnews.com/thisweek.htm

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #473886
02/19/08 06:26 PM
02/19/08 06:26 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Thanks for the links, Chopper.
BTW: Do you have the phone number of John Alite's dentist?

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: Turnbull] #473888
02/19/08 06:33 PM
02/19/08 06:33 PM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
Bad picture isnt it

he definetly needs some work done

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #473896
02/19/08 06:39 PM
02/19/08 06:39 PM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
ROME – Italy hailed the arrest of the boss of the Calabrian mafia as a major blow to organised crime, but asked on Tuesday how someone topping the 'most wanted' list for 18 years felt such impunity he didn't even leave his home town.
Investigators believe Pasquale Condello, captured on Monday night in Reggio Calabria on the southern tip of mainland Italy, had directed a bloody feud between clans of the mob, known as the ''Ndrangheta', in which at least 20 people have died.

The 'Ndrangheta has outgrown its more famous Sicilian rival, the Cosa Nostra, largely thanks to its estimated 30 billion euro ($44.17 billion) cocaine trafficking business. It is also involved in widespread extortion and its influence pervades local politics in Calabria.
A clan feud was behind the murder last year of six Italians in Germany, a country where Italian prosecutors say the mob has laundered hundreds of millions of euros since the early 1980s.

Known in local dialect as 'U Supremu' and described by Italy's Interior Minister Giuliano Amato as 'the number one boss of the 'Ndrangheta', 57-year-old Condello has already been given four life sentences for charges including murder.

Police dubbed him 'the Provenzano of Calabria', referring to Bernardo Provenzano, the Sicilian 'boss of bosses' arrested in 2006 near the town of Corleone – a Mafia stronghold made famous in Mario Puzo's novel 'The Godfather'.

From Corleone, Provenzano ran the business via secret messages on scraps of paper called 'pizzini'.

Police said pizzini found in Condello's hideout used such a complex code that it 'made Provenzano look like an amateur'.

Italian politicians congratulated police on Condello's arrest but said the fact that he had not bothered to go further afield than Reggio Calabria, one of Calabria's two biggest cities, suggested he was confident he would not be captured.

'The fact that although Condello was top of the most-wanted list he was hiding in Calabria shows what impunity the mob feels and that there is a secret network allowing mafia bosses to keep running the business as usual,' said Calabrian politician Jole Santelli, a member of parliament's anti-mafia commission.

Another commission member, right-wing deputy Angela Napoli, said it 'shows once more the great protection these criminals enjoy and their ability, despite their legal status, to keep running their illegal business and dominating their turf'.

Police found French champagne and expensive clothes in Condello's hideout. Salvatore Boemi, coordinator of the local anti-mafia unit, said Condello was 'in great shape, elegant and behaving like a true mafia boss'.

Although he was armed and flanked by three people including his grandson and son-in-law, Condello did not try to open fire.

'The 'boss' kept cool and detached and even though he had a gun, he didn't use it,' said Gen. Giampolo Ganzer, head of the special unit of 100 police who carried out the arrest.

Police quoted the moustachioed mobster as telling them before he was flown to a high-security prison that he had 'nothing to do with your investigations or any mafia war'.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/world/20080219-0447-italy-mafia-.html

Obviously people the local police and towns people have been bribed and more than likely local politicians there is no way people can survive on the run without people accepting bribes or favours of some sort.

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #474380
02/21/08 04:55 AM
02/21/08 04:55 AM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
The most powerful and -efficient "holding company" adapting to globalisation is the 'Ndrangheta criminal organisation, Italy's parliamentary anti-Mafia commission warned yesterday.

In a 230-page report intended as a wake-up call to both a domestic audience and Italy's neighbours, commission members said that while Sicily's Cosa Nostra and other regional crime groups had been dealt serious setbacks, the 'Ndrangheta of Calabria, rooted in the "toe" of Italy, was on the rise worldwide.

Its wealth derives from an almost exclusive grip on the import of cocaine into Europe, combined with a systematic infiltration of political and economic life in Calabria, where income is siphoned off through European Union and Italian spending on public works, primarily construction and in the health sector.

"The 'Ndrangheta has met the challenge of globalisation with a most modern -utilisation of ancient planning, through a combination of archaic family structures and an organisation of networks and modules," the commission said, noting a resemblance to the structure of al-Qaeda, the international terrorism network.

Quoting the "scholar of post-modernism, Zygmunt Bauman", the commission said the family's strength derived from being "liquid".

"The international community must understand that the 'Ndrangheta are a menace like international terrorists. Calabria alone cannot deal with it," said Francesco Forgione, the head of the commission.

Globalisation, the fall of the Berlin wall, the enlargement of the EU and the Schengen area had all given impetus to drugs smuggling and the movement of illicit capital, the report said.

Europe could not afford to wake up only to blood in the streets of Duisburg, "having ignored the smell of money" for too long, Mr Forgione said, referring to the murder of six Italians outside a -German pizzeria last August in an inter-clan vendetta. The commission hoped the killings represented a -"systemic crisis" within the leadership.

It also noted with satisfaction the arrest on Monday of Pasquale Condello, a gang leader in the regional capital who had been on the run for more than 20 years. Politicians in Rome asked how he could have stayed so close to home without detection.

In Sicily, strong social movements have raised a collective voice against Cosa Nostra, as seen in the recent drive by business leaders to stop paying extortion money. But in Calabria there has been little public protest against a criminal organisation that keeps a lower profile and has so effectively corrupted local politicians.

Parliament's anti-Mafia commission has been dissolved ahead of general elections in April. Months will elapse before a new commission is formed and members have questioned how effectively a new government will confront the problem of organised crime.

The report was adopted by parliamentarians from parties on both the left and right in a rare demonstration of unity. Members are also anxious to show to the public, ahead of their re-election campaigns, that they have achieved something.

The Mafia will be a hot election issue in Sicily. Salvatore Cuffaro, the head of the island's regional government, resigned last month after receiving a five-year jail sentence in a Mafiarelated trial. He is appealing against the conviction and is running in the national elections for the Catholic centrist UDC party.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f95636b0-e03c-11dc-b0d7-0000779fd2ac.html

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #474381
02/21/08 04:57 AM
02/21/08 04:57 AM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
The owner of the Mount Airy Casino Resort yesterday asked a judge to toss out perjury charges against him, arguing that he is a "scapegoat" in a case riddled with leaks and devoid of evidence that he lied to gaming regulators to win a lucrative slots license.
The motions by Louis A. DeNaples offered a glimpse into the vigorous defense he will wage to beat charges that could land the 67-year-old in jail and cost him his $412 million Poconos casino.

The case has focused a critical eye on the state's fledgling gaming industry and raised questions about how applicants for casino licenses are reviewed.

"This prosecution of Louis DeNaples is the most outrageous of its kind that I have ever seen," lead defense attorney Richard A. Sprague said in a statement yesterday. "When you get past the headlines and the leaks . . . you discover that there simply is no basis for a perjury case against him."

The prosecutor, Dauphin County First Assistant District Attorney Fran Chardo, dismissed the defense assertions, saying: "We wouldn't have brought the charges if we didn't think it was the right thing to do."

"A reasonable juror will conclude that he intentionally lied," he added.

Based on recommendations by a grand jury, prosecutors in Harrisburg last month charged DeNaples, a wealthy Scranton businessman, with lying to state gaming regulators about his alleged ties to crime figures. The figures include two reputed mobsters from northeastern Pennsylvania and two Philadelphia men caught up in the City Hall corruption probe four years ago.

According to witness testimony and records presented to the grand jury, DeNaples either was very close to the men socially or had business relationships with them.

In 71 pages of motions filed yesterday in Dauphin County, the defense attacked the case, point by point, as weak and politically motivated. At the heart of the defense: DeNaples, who has pleaded not guilty, didn't lie to gaming investigators because the questions asked in two interviews in August and September 2006 were not specific enough.

For example, one of the four perjury counts stems from answers he gave about William D'Elia, a reputed mob boss awaiting trial on federal charges of money laundering and solicitation of murder.

DeNaples told regulators that he knew D'Elia as a customer at his auto-parts store and the bank he chairs. But prosecutors maintain that the two are much tighter, that D'Elia invited DeNaples to his daughter's wedding and DeNaples gave D'Elia his dead father's rosary beads.

The defense motions note that DeNaples was never asked specifically about the wedding or the rosary beads.

"The result is a total disconnect between DeNaples' testimony and the allegedly contradictory evidence," the motion states.

The defense also dismissed D'Elia, the prosecution's star grand jury witness, as "a corrupt and polluted source if there ever was one."

In a separate but related filing, the defense argued that DeNaples was caught in the middle of an "unholy triumvirate" of D'Elia, the District Attorney's Office, and the state police, which have "combined their forces as allies."

Defense attorneys were referring to a public dispute between the state police and gaming investigators over who conducts background checks on license applicants.

The feud goes back to 2004 when Pennsylvania legalized slot machines. At the time, the state police unsuccessfully sought to do the background screenings, arguing that the state Gaming Control Board's investigations would not be complete without unfettered access to law enforcement files.

Much of the evidence contained in the charges against DeNaples came from state police investigators.

Another motion seeks volumes of records, such as evidence logs and testimony transcripts, from the prosecution.

The defense also wants any references that Chardo made in the closed-door grand jury proceedings to The Godfather or La Cosa Nostra.

Defense lawyers said Chardo had asked a witness about an annual Italian Civic Association event in which crooner Al Martino performed. Chardo allegedly said, "Al Martino - that's the guy from The Godfather!"

(Martino, a South Philly native, portrayed singer Johnny Fontane in The Godfather and The Godfather: Part III.)

The motion states that "such a comment can have no legitimate purpose" other than to "inflame the grand jurors."

Chardo would not comment yesterday about the Godfather reference, citing grand jury secrecy rules.

DeNaples' team accused prosecutors of breaking those rules time and time again by leaking information about the proceedings to reporters.

"The process employed by the Office of the District Attorney was the most notoriously public grand jury investigation in American jurisprudence," the motion avowed.

Chardo stressed that his office had never disclosed any grand jury information.

After DeNaples was charged, the gaming board indefinitely suspended his license and put a trustee in charge of the casino, which opened in October. DeNaples is not allowed to profit from the slots parlor and cannot even set foot inside.

This month, federal banking regulators suspended DeNaples from his position as chairman of First National Community Bancorp Inc., in Dunmore, Pa., where he is the largest shareholder.

Last week, Standard & Poor's cut Mount Airy's ratings to junk-bond status as a result of the legal problems.

Still, business at the casino has been brisk, according to revenue filings with the gaming board. Mount Airy took in $47 million in wagers last week - its fourth-best week since opening.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/special/pa_slots/20080221_DeNaples_filing_rips_perjury_charges.html

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #474706
02/22/08 12:40 PM
02/22/08 12:40 PM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
The seizure of the assets of the Provenzano and Lo Piccolo clans is a devastating blow inflicted by the State on the Mafia. Hitting at the economic interests of the Cosa Nostra is essential for a definitive victory over Mafia power". The words are those of Anna Finocchiaro, Chair of the PD (Democratic Party) group at the Senate. "The operation completed today by Palermo's police department in connection with the investigation led by special state attorney Roberto Scarpinato and public prosecutor Gaetano Guardi' has been a great success - Anna Finocchiaro stressed - Our compliments are due to police forces and the magistracy for investigative and counter-criminal actions which have borne great results over recent years. The assets of Mafia clans are accrued by depriving the honest part of Sicily of its resources, and of the opportunity for healthy growth in its economy. The seizure of Mafia assets is therefore of double significance, because it not only hits the clans materially, but by transferring the assets to state hands, it has a symbolic value. Which means to say that via the state, honest citizens are able to claim back what has been taken from them, and that the Mafia can not just be combated, but beaten too. I would also like to stress the the appeal made by Scarpinato should be taken with absolute seriousness - Anna Finocchiaro concluded - It is necessary to find out the reasons for the bureaucratic obstacles the attorney spoke of, and to remove these obstacles as soon as

http://www.agi.it/italy/news/200802211811-pol-ren0074-art.html

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #474707
02/22/08 12:41 PM
02/22/08 12:41 PM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
federal magistrate-judge in Brooklyn has given prosecutors until today to turn over tape transcripts or summaries of supposed threats to a reputed Gambino crime family member who is trying to get bail.

Yesterday, Magistrate-Judge Joan Azrack abruptly cut short a bail hearing for Vincent Dragonetti, 43, of Bellmore, son-in-law of fugitive crime captain Nicholas Corozzo, after prosecutors started quoting from surveillance tapes in the case.
Azrack was concerned that defense attorney Henry Mazurek of Manhattan didn't have the opportunity to study the taped conversations being relied upon by Assistant U.S. Attorney Daniel Brownell. He was making the case that Dragonetti, who is charged with racketeering conspiracy and extortion, was dangerous and shouldn't be given bail. Mazurek has put together a $5 million bail package.

The tapes were apparently made by Joseph Vollaro of Staten Island, the main government informant in the big Gambino crime family roundup earlier this month. In one conversation quoted by Brownell, someone -- although it wasn't clear who -- talked about the need to squash someone's head. Azrack thought the comments were serious and might impact any bail decision.

But since the taped conversations weren't quoted in an earlier letter filed by the government to deny Dragonetti bail, Azrack wanted prosecutors to turn over more information to Mazurek.

"I just don't think it is fair to come in here and give extra quotes when defense counsel is hearing them for the first time," said Azrack.

Mazurek told reporters outside court that he thought he was being "sandbagged" by prosecutors quoting from tapes for which he had no summaries or transcripts.

"I don't think that is asking too much," said Mazurek.

Dragonetti's wife, Bernadette, whose father is Corozzo, 67, the reputed Gambino captain charged with racketeering conspiracy, wouldn't comment as she left the courthouse.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyork/ny-nymob0222,0,4081684.story

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #474970
02/23/08 05:32 AM
02/23/08 05:32 AM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
An 87-year-old wheelchair-bound mob leader was sentenced to five years in prison Friday despite his lawyer's pleas that the octogenarian had not eaten in 11 days and was deteriorating from illnesses.

Lawyer Joseph Mure also argued that Ciro Perrone deserved leniency for a lifetime of civic deeds, including dashing into a building to warn residents there was a fire, contributing to the Catholic church and arranging a funeral for a destitute couple whose newborn twins had died.

But U.S. District Judge Robert P. Patterson said the good deeds were not enough to forgive what prosecutors said was a lifetime of crime on behalf of the Genovese crime family.

Patterson said he considered the good things Perrone has done in his life but could not grant his request to be freed or sentenced to as little as a year in prison because "the other conduct is so bad."

Perrone sometimes shook his head as Patterson lectured him. The judge said the only way to stop mob extortion and the accompanying violence was "to give a serious enough sentence that people realize they can't engage in this conduct."

A jury had convicted Perrone of participating in an illegal gambling business and a loansharking conspiracy as a Genovese captain. The government said Perrone used threats of violence to maintain his control over gamblers who could not repay debts.

Mure portrayed his client as someone who was deteriorating steadily in a prison where he had spent the last eight months.

He said Perrone had stopped eating because of the flu, was showering only once a week and was sleeping poorly because he had to go to the bathroom as many as a dozen times each night.

He said Perrone's blood pressure was always high, his arteries were up to 80 percent clogged, vertigo was frequent and he could sleep only up to three hours a night. He also said his arthritis prevented him from feeling his arms or legs and he's so cold all the time that he keeps three blankets wrapped around him.

The judge said he could not consider the medical condition because the lawyer had not included any documentation to back up the claims.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Elie Honig called Perrone an intelligent, able man who was raised in a middle-class family but "chose this life and he lived it for a long, long time."

"This notion of him as a noble human being or hero is absolutely delusional," Honig said.

"Mr. Perrone never accepted responsibility for anything he's done. No remorse," he said.

Before he was sentenced, Perrone declined to address the court.

"I don't want to say anything. I have nothing to say," he said.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wire/newyork/ny-bc-ny--oldmobster0222feb22,0,6080155.story

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #475406
02/24/08 09:14 AM
02/24/08 09:14 AM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
Godfather's arrest fuels fear of bloody conflictSeizure of Calabrian mafia leader could spark deadly war of succession

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/feb/24/internationalcrime.italy

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #476406
02/28/08 11:58 AM
02/28/08 11:58 AM
Toronto, Ontario
D
dontommasino Offline
Underboss
dontommasino  Offline
D
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080228/ap_on_re_us/mafia_arrests

Plea deals have been offered in relation to the arrests of Gambino family members a few weeks back. Let's see how well omerta holds up in this case \:\)

Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: dontommasino] #476857
03/01/08 05:22 AM
03/01/08 05:22 AM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
The Old World mob is moving to New York.

The Sicilian Mafia is trying to re-establish long-dormant ties to mobsters in the United States and New York, according to a report by the Italian anti-Mafia commission.

The legendary Costa Nostra has been sending associates across the Atlantic to rebuild its networks in America that were destroyed during the 1980s, according to an Italian parliamentary report obtained by the British news agency.

The American mob has its roots in Italian organized crime but the two entities have long been separate. That's changing.

When scores of mobsters were rounded up by the feds in the New York area earlier this month, the Daily News revealed that the suspects included reputed Gambino capo Frank Cali, who has ties to the Inzerillo crime family of Sicily.

Inzerillo mobsters have been living in exile in Brooklyn for two decades.

Cali not only shares an allegiance to the same mob code as the Inzerillos, he's related through marriage to Gambino associate Frank Inzerillo. He's also the brother-in-law of Gambino soldier and restaurateur Pietro (Tall Pete) Inzerillo.

Usually, American and Sicilian mobsters cannot be made members of both crime families because they don't share all the same rules. An exception appears to have been made for Cali, the wealthy owner of food import-export businesses. He is alleged to be a member of the Sicilian Mafia as well.

According to the BBC report, the Italian mob has sent its leaders to the U.S. to recruit gangsters who were expelled from Sicily during a bloody mob war in the 1980s.

The Italian anti-Mafia commission found that the Sicilian mob is "re-establishing its links with its American cousins," the BBC reported.

The report also claims that several American food distribution and construction firms are controlled by mob families in the U.S. - and the Italian mob wants a piece of that action, as well as a slice of the lucrative online gambling market.

The anti-Mafia commission puts the responsibility of stopping the Sicilian mob on the shoulders of the Italian government, saying authorities must do more to protect people who have come forward as witnesses against the gangsters.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime...ew_yorks_l.html

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #476858
03/01/08 05:23 AM
03/01/08 05:23 AM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
The indictment of La Cosa Nostra continues in U.S. District Court in Brooklyn this week. After 62 mobsters and associates of the Gambino crime family were arrested and indicted earlier this month, eight more members of the Luchese crime family were indicted Thursday.

The 35-page indictment was unsealed hours after the mobsters and their associates were arrested in New York in the morning. Six of the defendants are charged with racketeering and conspiracy; one defendant is charged with illegal gambling, and one defendant is charged with extortion. The defendants, including longstanding Luchese captain Domenico Cutaia, his son Salvatore Cutaia and his son-in-law John Daudanza, both crime-family soldiers, were arraigned Thursday before a federal judge.

Salvatore Cutaia was specifically mentioned by the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Brooklyn as having been secretly recorded during a telephone conversation making threats to a man in North Carolina who had borrowed money from his father.

“You’re going to make me get on a [expletive] plane and come down to Carolina and go crazy on you,” the younger Cutaia was recorded saying to the man, according to the U.S. Attorney. “I’m going to come down there with 10 guys...”

Michael “Mikey Bones” Corcione, also a Luchese crime-family soldier and made member of the Mafia, is also indicted for racketeering. The racketeering charges brought against the defendants identify predicate acts dating back to the 1980s and include loansharking, extortionate collection of credit, marijuana distribution conspiracy, illegal gambling, bank fraud, extortion and mail fraud. According to the memorandum filed today in support of having three of the defendants detained in jail, the extortions included various threats of violence.

In addition to the racketeering counts, the indictment alleges 17 substantive charges, including illegal gambling conspiracy, mail fraud conspiracy, bank fraud conspiracy and marijuana distribution conspiracy.

Each of the defendants, except one, faces 20 or 30 years in prison if convicted. Additionally, the indictment seeks forfeiture of the proceeds of the racketeering activity, including Baudanza’s house.

http://www.brooklyneagle.com/categories/category.php?category_id=4&id=18854

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #477233
03/03/08 05:03 PM
03/03/08 05:03 PM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
An alleged mob associate from Staten Island who already faced a slew of federal charges after being nabbed in a massive organized crime sweep weeks ago, was indicted today on several drug and weapons charges.

Tottenville resident Michael Urciuoli -- whom federal authorities say is known to his Bonanno family associates as "Mike the Electrician" -- is accused of stowing more than a pound of cocaine and several handguns in his Sprague Avenue home and his car.

During a raid of his home last weekend, police said they found the drugs in a shoebox in the rafters of the garage, in a duffel bag on a workbench and in a dresser, tucked underneath his wife's clothes. They also said they found chemicals to dilute the cocaine, as well as a digital scale, mixing bowls, a plastic spoon and a spatula, all bearing cocaine residue.

A loaded .22 caliber pistol with two boxes of ammo was discovered hidden in a pigeon coop in the garage, police said. When Urciuoli was pulled over in his Lincoln pickup in the 4300-block of Amboy Road, police said they also found four more ounces of cocaine and a loaded .25 caliber pistol in the armrest.

The 43-year-old man's wife, Susan Urciuoli, 40, was also charged.

The top count against both of them, first-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, carries the prospect of 25 years to life in prison if convicted.

The drug bust came just two and a half weeks after Urciuoli was charged in one of the biggest federal organized crime indictments in U.S. history. More than 80 people -- including almost the entire hierarchy of the Gambino crime family, and a few Bonanno crime family associates -- were arrested in the Feb. 6 sweep.

Federal authorities accused Urciuoli of conspiring to extort a granite company.

Urciuoli pleaded not guilty on Feb. 7 to the mob-related charges, and had his wife put up the Sprague Avenue house as collateral so he could make his $1 million bail the next day.

Last Sunday, he was sent back in jail on the new charges -- and, this time, was given no bail. His wife was released on her own recognizance after the couple's arraignment in Stapleton Criminal Court.

Urciuoli was scheduled to make an appearance Thursday in federal court in Brooklyn on the mob charges, but instead was held at Staten Island Supreme Court, possibly to appear before a grand jury.

A notice of indictment was filed with the court clerk today, and Urciuoli is expected back in Staten Island Supreme Court for an arraignment on the new charges this Wednesday.

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/02/reputed_mob_associate_from_sta.html

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #478294
03/07/08 07:51 PM
03/07/08 07:51 PM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
Italian police have seized more than $220m of property and goods from the Calabrian mafia, the 'Ndrangheta.
In dawn raids, heavily armed special forces seized a number of houses, cars, land and businesses in Calabria and the northern industrial region of Lombardi.

The areas are strongholds of feuding mafia clans under investigation for six murders in Germany last August.

Thirty people have been arrested since six Italian men were gunned down in the north-western city of Duisburg.

Several bank accounts were frozen as masked police carried out Tuesday's operation.

The raids came two weeks after Italian police arrested alleged 'Ndrangheta chief Pasquale Condello, 57, in Calabria.

Family ties

But while the seizure of $220m of assets might sound like a resounding success, it is small change compared to the group's profits.

The 'Ndrangheta has almost "exclusive" control over cocaine imports from Colombia, with estimated annual sales of $50bn dollars.

Last week, a parliamentary report noted that its operations have now spread from Italy, to much of Europe, as well as the United States, Argentina and Australia.

The 'Ndrangheta has become a far bigger threat than the Cosa Nostra, and what sets this group apart from other crime syndicates is its structure.

It relies on close family ties, which means it is less vulnerable to turncoats.

It is so tightly organised that it is now one of the strongest, most dangerous mafia groups in the world.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7278427.stm

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Re: Real Life Organized Crime News [Re: chopper] #478296
03/07/08 07:53 PM
03/07/08 07:53 PM
Sheffield UK
chopper Offline
Gaetano Lucchese
chopper  Offline
Gaetano Lucchese

Sheffield UK
Surrounded by guns hanging on the walls of an Italian rifle club, Brooklyn’s own Guardian Angel, Curtis Sliwa, accepted a couple of awards last week from local Republicans. Sliwa, born and raised in Canarsie, was given the Rough Rider award from The TR Group, a Manhattan-based Republican organization that derives its name from the initials of Theodore Roosevelt. Sliwa was further presented with a certificate of recognition from Brooklyn Congressman Vito J. Fossella, who is New York City’s highest-elected Republican.

“Curtis has done a lot to improve the quality of life in New York City,” said Robert Capano, director of Brooklyn operations for Rep. Fossella, whose 13th Congressional District encompasses Staten Island and the Brooklyn neighborhoods of Bay Ridge, Dyker Heights and Gravesend. “Curtis’ work with the Guardian Angels was a big part of that.”

Sliwa, a longtime Republican advocate, founded and still heads the Guardian Angels, a semi-vigilante group whose mission is to protect citizens and prevent crimes at times when the police are not around. Sliwa fully advocates the legal use of the right to make a citizen’s arrest, as well as the application of physical force if necessary.

Sliwa, who had just come from the taping of his “Political Rundown” television show on NY1, was dressed in his customary Guardian Angels uniform, with shiny red jacket and a red beret. He was also wearing his walkie-talkie and had to pause during a taped interview with Moscow television reporters to answer a radio call from one of his fellow Guardian Angels on nearby patrol.

After delivering a vivacious and commanding speech to his Republican supporters last week in the lounge of Tiro a Segno, the city’s oldest ethnic club, which sits unobtrusively on MacDougal Street and has a rifle range in the basement, Sliwa told his harrowing tales of crime-fighting to a Russian film crew. Sliwa spoke about John Gotti’s ordered assassination of him that failed in 1992, when a stolen and altered taxicab picked up Sliwa, and a gunman popped out of the dashboard and started shooting him.

Sliwa was shot multiple times with hollow-point bullets, and when he reached for the door handle to bail out, he realized that the door handles had been sawed off. He managed to dive over the front seat and out the window, where the mobsters left him for dead. But Sliwa survived.

He has always been a survivor. Sliwa grew up on the tough streets of Canarsie and battled the neighborhood kids who grew up to become the criminals that he still fights. Nicholas Corrozo, the Gambino crime-family captain who remains the sole mobster still at large after the recent Mafia takedown by the feds, was the one who devised the method to have him murdered in the taxicab, said Sliwa.

“I grew up with him. I grew up with them all,” he said. “I’ve been battling them since I was a youngster.” The seeds of his anti-crime ideology and community activism began when Sliwa was very young. After being given a scholarship to attend the prestigious Brown University, Sliwa was forced to forego enrolling when he was expelled from Brooklyn Prep School during his senior year for student activism. Instead, Sliwa became the night manger of a McDonald’s restaurant in a crime-ridden section of the Bronx.

It was on the subway known as the “Muggers Express,” which Sliwa rode back and forth from his home to his work, that the concept of the Guardian Angels was born. Sliwa was sick and tired of the crime that he saw plague the riders on the 4 train in the late ’70s. And on Feb. 13, 1979, Sliwa started the group of crime fighters, which now has grown to include more than 100 Guardian Angel chapters worldwide, as well as a nationally renowned Internet safety-program called CyberAngels.

Capano, who grew up in Bay Ridge, remembers the violence and crime that too often posed a threat to him as a youngster on the Muggers Express back then. But Capano, an avid and unstoppable New York Yankees fan, would not be dissuaded from making the long subway journey to the Bronx during baseball season. “It was scary,” he said. But Sliwa put an end to a lot of that.

Even the coat-check woman at Tiro a Segno remembered the Guardian Angels quickly responding to the scene when she was mugged in Greenwich Village years ago. “I like him,” she said. “They’re good.”

Possible mayoral candidate and grocery-store mogul John Catsimatidis, also made some remarks. State Senate candidate John G. Chromczak, who is running as the Republican opponent to Democrat Marty Connor for a seat in the 25th Congressional District, which includes parts of Brooklyn Heights, Carroll Gardens and Downtown Brooklyn, was also in attendance.

http://www.brooklyneagle.com/categories/category.php?category_id=4&id=19002

Aniello Dellacroce

TFI Lucky Star

Happy Hardcore DJ Hixxy
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull