GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 73 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,332
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,698
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,500
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,273
Posts1,057,649
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
characters=who's who #351106
12/20/06 02:04 AM
12/20/06 02:04 AM
C
C_Drum Offline OP
Associate
C_Drum  Offline OP
C
Associate
Hi, new here-my first post. Recently read "Returns", now reading "Revenge". It's been a while since I read the original GF or viewed the movies. I find the new books to be quite enjoyable. My questions; is there a guide that attempts to correlate the fictional characters with the actual people or composites they represent? Some are obvious; Fontane, the Sheas
others I'm trying to figure out. Also is there glossary of the Italian/Sicilian words and expressions used in the dialogue?
Thanks.

Re: characters=who's who [Re: C_Drum] #351141
12/20/06 08:11 AM
12/20/06 08:11 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Hello C-Drum, and welcome to the boards.

As you've pointed out, the Shea brothers are obviously based on John and Bobby Kennedy, and Fontane, as we already know, is based on Frank Sinatra.

The character of Carlos Tramonti in this new book is a mirror image of real life New Orleans boss Carlos Marcello. Marcello, like Tramonti, was also deported to the country that he falsely listed as his original birthplace.

Another character in the book, Eddie Paradise, can at times, be compared to the real life Gallo brothers who once ran the Redhook section of Brooklyn. The aquiring of a lion by Eddie Paradise and keeping it in the basement of his club is something that the Gallo crew did in real life.

In this book there is a raid that takes place during a commission meeting in New York, attended by the bosses of the famlies and the character Carlos Tramonti, that is very similar to a real life raid that took place in New York in 1966.

In real life, the raid of that meeting took place in a New York City restaurant called "La Stella" and New Orleans mob boss Carlos Marcello, along with the bosses of several other families, was in attendance.

If there were ever any doubts of the Johnny Fontane character being based on Frank Sinatra, those doubts will be erased in this book due to the storyline created by Winegardner that touches on some of the things Fontane goes through or went through that compare to many of the things that Sinatra went through in the 1960's in his life.

Hope you enjoy the book. I myself started out enjoying it but found that the farther I got into the book, the harder it became to read. But everyone is different.

If you enjoy real life mob stories and would like to see if you can find similarities to fictional characters in certain books, check out the Organized Crime Real Life Thread right here on these boards.

Please feel free to post any questions that you may have (in the appropriate threads of course ) and enjoy your time here on the boards.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: characters=who's who [Re: Don Cardi] #351160
12/20/06 12:59 PM
12/20/06 12:59 PM
C
C_Drum Offline OP
Associate
C_Drum  Offline OP
C
Associate
Thank you Don Cardi.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull