GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 83 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,152
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kirkus Review #335129
09/29/06 03:19 PM
09/29/06 03:19 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
It's not online yet, but the Oct 1 issue of Kirkus Reviews will have this to say about The Godfather's Revenge:

Quote:
"Operatic...A top-notch addition to the saga. Winegardner's deft plot-spinning is rivaled only by his sure grasp of Goodfella mise-en-scène, the profanity-laced witticisms, the fashion fetishizing, the cool, long, dark '60s Chevy Biscaynes.... A worthy addition to the chronicle of la famigilia Corleone.

Winegardner breathlessly re-animates these archetypes even more effectively than he did in 2004's The Godfather Returns." -Kirkus, Starred Review

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Kirkus Review #335130
09/29/06 06:02 PM
09/29/06 06:02 PM
The BING
Sopranorleone Offline
Capo
Sopranorleone  Offline
Capo
The BING
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
It's not online yet, but the Oct 1 issue of Kirkus Reviews will have this to say about The Godfather's Revenge:

[quote]"Operatic...A top-notch addition to the saga. Winegardner's deft plot-spinning is rivaled only by his sure grasp of Goodfella mise-en-scène, the profanity-laced witticisms, the fashion fetishizing, the cool, long, dark '60s Chevy Biscaynes.... A worthy addition to the chronicle of la famigilia Corleone.

Winegardner breathlessly re-animates these archetypes even more effectively than he did in 2004's The Godfather Returns." -Kirkus, Starred Review
[/quote]even more effectively

Re: Kirkus Review #335131
09/29/06 06:03 PM
09/29/06 06:03 PM
The BING
Sopranorleone Offline
Capo
Sopranorleone  Offline
Capo
The BING
OOPS mesud up there ^^ I meant to add:
True but 1 is still not that much greater than 0.

Sorry about the mistake

Re: Kirkus Review #335132
10/01/06 11:00 AM
10/01/06 11:00 AM
Kentucky
Mr.MojoRisin Offline
Capo
Mr.MojoRisin  Offline
Capo
Kentucky
I wonder how much the publisher paid for that review.

Re: Kirkus Review #335133
10/04/06 02:42 AM
10/04/06 02:42 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
The full review ...

Quote:

THE GODFATHER'S REVENGE
Author: Winegardner, Mark

Review Date: OCTOBER 01, 2006
Publisher: Putnam
Pages: 504
Price (hardback): $25.95
Publication Date: 11/7/2006
ISBN: 0-399-15384-5
ISBN (hardback): 0-399-15384-5
Category: FICTION
Classification: FEATURE

A star ( ) is assigned to books of unusual merit, determined by the editors of Kirkus Reviews.

Faux Kennedy brothers, elaborate detailings of byzantine Cosa Nostra politics, steamy pulp-fiction prose, a hot murder mystery and a cartoonishly epic cast make this Godfather installment a worthy addition to the chronicle of la famigilia Corleone.

They're baaaaack—dour Machiavellian Michael and long-suffering Connie, tight-lipped, anxiety-prone Irish consigliere Tom Hagen, even poor Michael-murdered Fredo, appearing now as a tuxedo-wearing ghost bearing a fishing rod and squeezing a naked dame.

Winegardner (That's True of Everybody, 2002, etc.) breathlessly re-animates these archetypes even more effectively than he did in 2004's The Godfather Returns. Revenge pits Nick Gerasi, turncoat former Corleone caporegime emerging from exile in a bomb shelter beneath Lake Erie, against Michael in a mano-a-mano bloodfeud. Gerasi's an old-school gangster, miffed at the Godfather's efforts to go legit.

And Michael has other hellhounds on his trail. There's Attorney General Danny Shea, kid brother of philandering Jimmy, the U.S. president Michael finagled into office by means of Hagen's chicanery and a charm offensive by Sinatra-like Corleone flunky Johnny Fontane. Danny's dream is to enter history as the Mob-slayer, and while Michael merely wants to neutralize the threat, rival crime boss Carlo Tramonti, Don of the Big Easy, aims at actually offing Jimmy. At a pasta-mad powwow for the head honchos of all the underworld's Five Families, Carlo advances the assassination plot, only to be interrupted as police crash in to nab Tom Hagen. Turns out his mistress, hard-case blonde bombshell Judy Buchanan, has been shot in the head and Hagen's soon held for questioning.

Winegardner's deft plot-spinning is rivaled only by his sure grasp of Goodfella mise-en-sc'ne, the profanity-laced witticisms, the fashion fetishizing, the cool, long, dark '60s Chevy Biscaynes. Minor characters, from upstart Eddie Paradise to the musically monickered Ottilio Cuneo and Osvaldo Atobello, add varnish to inch-thick operatic mobster atmosphere.

Bloody and bombastic—a top-notch addition to the saga.
© Kirkus Reviews

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull