GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 87 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,332
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,699
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,500
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,277
Posts1,057,679
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ralph and Pie-O-My #218333
09/25/05 06:15 AM
09/25/05 06:15 AM
MistaMista Tom Hagen Offline OP
Underboss
MistaMista Tom Hagen  Offline OP
Underboss
It was heavily implied that Ralph did set the fire that killed Pie-O-My, but never directly stated or admitted by Ralph. This leaves open the possibility that Ralph perhaps didnt do it, but it was, as he said, a lucky accident wherein he and Tony got a nice insurance settlement out of it.

So my question is, do you feel absolutely sure that Ralph set the fire? Or could you maybe see where he didnt and just got too emotional and angered Tony?

I dream in widescreen.
Re: Ralph and Pie-O-My #218334
09/25/05 08:34 PM
09/25/05 08:34 PM
Warren, NJ
TSoprano Offline
Wiseguy
TSoprano  Offline
Wiseguy
Warren, NJ
This is a good question. If you watch that episode with commentary on both writers discuss this question. One writer stated he believed Ralph did it, the other was less sure and almost leaned the other way. You never get direct confirmation. Best guess though is he did. Why else was he not suprised and not to be found. Also the lack of confirmation is there for another reason. The writer's are indirectly telling you horse murder or not, he deserved death. Killing Tracy, disrespecting the family & the bing, contemplating killing Tony in Season 3, constantly disobeying Tony, and treating others like shit. Horse or no horse his new found spirituality in Whoever did this was just not enough.

Re: Ralph and Pie-O-My #218335
09/25/05 08:47 PM
09/25/05 08:47 PM
MistaMista Tom Hagen Offline OP
Underboss
MistaMista Tom Hagen  Offline OP
Underboss
Yeah I liked how the writers made the viewer feel very sorry for Ralph in the hour leading up to his death. With his son's injury and his church visit and mending things up with Rosalie and Tony, you began to pity him. This is almost a subliminal way to suggest that he was in fact not guilty. Its a great episode either way.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: Ralph and Pie-O-My [Re: MistaMista Tom Hagen] #982855
12/15/19 09:19 PM
12/15/19 09:19 PM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
Just watched Tony beat Ralphie to death, what a scence!!!!!!!

In Sicily, women are more dangerous than the shotgun.
Re: Ralph and Pie-O-My [Re: MistaMista Tom Hagen] #982887
12/16/19 12:58 PM
12/16/19 12:58 PM
DE NIRO Offline
DE NIRO  Offline

And then Chrissy comes to help,high as a kite and Tony is not happy about that.

The Mafia Is Not Primarily An Organisation Of Murderers.
First And Foremost,The Mafia Is Made Up Of Thieves.
It Is Driven By Greed And Controlled By Fear.

Between The Law And The Mafia, The Law Is Not The Most To Be Feared

"What if the Mafia were not an organization but a widespread Sicilian attitude of hostility towards the law?"

"Make Love Not War" John Lennon
Re: Ralph and Pie-O-My [Re: MistaMista Tom Hagen] #982889
12/16/19 01:59 PM
12/16/19 01:59 PM
G
Goldy Offline
Made Member
Goldy  Offline
G
Made Member
Joe Pantoliano said he played the scene as if Ralph didn't set the fire and in his mind it really was an accident and their tempers flared and that was a wrap. I always looked at it like the horse was a metaphor for Tracee, subconsciously on Tony's part. "She was a beautiful innocent creature!!" as he's bashing his head on the kitchen floor. Plus after him and Chrissy go to the Bing to shower and clean up as he's leaving he stops and looks at the poloroid taped on the mirror of Tracee. That scene wasn't there on accident.

When the show was airing on HBO's website they would have little teaser photos of the upcoming episode and there was pictures of Tracee sitting at the table in a restaurant next to AJ that was a real "wtf" moment.....that turned out to be part of the dream Tony had in "The Test Dream" with Tony and family eating with Vin and Annette Benning. They must have deleted the scene where Tracee was sitting in for Meadow. But there was the scene where Tony was looking at Meadow in the kitchen and she turned into Tracee in his mind's eye for a second. Again, nothing was put in this show on accident. He was greatly bothered by what Ralph did that girl that was his daughter's age. Pie O My dying the way that she did where there wasn't 100% conclusive evidence it was an accident sealed Ralph's fate and was the straw that broke the camels back.

Re: Ralph and Pie-O-My [Re: Goldy] #982902
12/16/19 04:51 PM
12/16/19 04:51 PM
Word Wide
MolochioInduced Offline
Underboss
MolochioInduced  Offline
Underboss
Word Wide
Fair enough, the whole scene from Ralph making eggs, swinging the frying pan at Tony to Tony taking the knife off Ralph, up until the fight was over was amazing. When Tony stomps Coco and when Tony punches in the wall after Carmella says she loves Furio that intensity makes it the best!

Melfi also bust Tony’s balls in the ending when she is convinced regarding the criminal mind or whatever, basically Tony is a psychopath that only feels emotional over animals.

In Sicily, women are more dangerous than the shotgun.
Re: Ralph and Pie-O-My [Re: MistaMista Tom Hagen] #983058
12/19/19 11:43 AM
12/19/19 11:43 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Originally Posted by MistaMista Tom Hagen
Yeah I liked how the writers made the viewer feel very sorry for Ralph in the hour leading up to his death. With his son's injury and his church visit and mending things up with Rosalie and Tony, you began to pity him. This is almost a subliminal way to suggest that he was in fact not guilty. Its a great episode either way.

Chase was a genius at doing that, especially with the we "love to hate" characters, throughout the series.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Ralph and Pie-O-My [Re: MistaMista Tom Hagen] #983179
12/21/19 11:52 AM
12/21/19 11:52 AM
G
Goldy Offline
Made Member
Goldy  Offline
G
Made Member
I don't know, him beating Tracee to death and the way he taunted her before hand I didn't feel too much pity for him before Tony rang his bell. Was a long time coming. I felt sorry for his kid, but fuck Ralph. There must have been some other shit there too, Tony was leery of the guy the whole time he was on the show since he showed back up from Miami. They grew up together and he never liked him, so there must be some backstory between them or something Tony knows about they never got into in the show on top what a freak the guy was that we did. He was a great villain though, and Joe did a great job with his portrayal, that's for sure.

I remember watching that scene with Tony and Ralph live, with headphones on......waaaaay back when HBO was one channel, channel 2 on the cable box. What an intense scene.

Re: Ralph and Pie-O-My [Re: Don Cardi] #983190
12/21/19 06:16 PM
12/21/19 06:16 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
Originally Posted by Don Cardi
Originally Posted by MistaMista Tom Hagen

Chase was a genius at doing that, especially with the we "love to hate" characters, throughout the series.

They set it up to have Tony value the life of the horse over the life of a child, further emphasizing his sociopathic mindset.

It's important to note that Justin survives the accident, and that he has a chance of significantly recovering despite the initial grim prognosis. This would mean of course that he would need his father's support, both financially and emotionally, through the rehabilitation process. And, Ralphie's newfound attitude and empathy might have made this possible. Ralphie was so fucked up beforehand that it's easy to dismiss any possibility of him changing, but such a catastrophe involving his son might be the catalyst to do it.

Even most mob bosses might see it this way. No matter how far out of line it was for Ralphie to torch a stable to collect insurance money and kill a horse that the boss had such a connection to, a level headed boss would wait a few months to take any action, solely based on the situation with the kid. And, considering the circumstances, it would likely involve a hefty tax. As the rules go, Pio-O-My wasn't anyone's wife...she wasn't a goomar....And to quote Ralphie,..."it was a fucking horse". Meanwhile, Tony goes right to Ralphie's house like it was AJ or Meadow that perished in the stable. He instigates a fight, resulting in bashing Justin's father's skull into the floor and suffocating him.

Interestingly enough, Tony does take a more common sense approach to Ralphie's situation when Paulie threatens to kill Ralph over the prank call to his mother. Paulie has no kids. "No conception", as Tony put it. He doesn't understand what Ralph is going through. Paulie is such a nut that even Tony is sane standing next to him.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull