GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (DE NIRO, 2 invisible), 102 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,406
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,805
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,299
Posts1,058,149
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Season Five: Cold Cuts #218050
06/16/05 10:09 PM
06/16/05 10:09 PM
Pennsylvania
skaggerratt Offline OP
Made Member
skaggerratt  Offline OP
Made Member
Pennsylvania
I just finished watching this episode (I do not get HBO so the DVD collection is the first time I ever watch the new episodes) and I did not understand the ending. After a soccer mom battle between Janice and some other woman, Janice took anger management classes to cope with her problem. She has come to terms with this problem (or as so it seems; not watching the last few episodes of the season) and her family seems content with it. Tony is over their house and along with Bobby, they are having dinner. Tony is making it very open that he is appempting to upset Janice by revealing to Bobby's children at the table about her past. He continues to prode Janice with digs to get her angered and at the end, is screaming obscenities at him and appempting to stab him with a fork or knife. He seems like that his mission (which was complete) was to upset Janice and break her out of her ability to manage her anger. You can tell by Tony's reaction to the telemarketing incident and the following events that he is not at ease with Janices ability to accept and control her emotions. Maybe he is resentful or even jealous of this act. My question to you is that why was Tony so aggravated at Janice and the end of this episode?

Bart, Is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family? No. Well suppose you got a large starving family, is it wrong to steal a truckload of bread to feed them? Uh-uh. And what if your family don't like bread, they like cigarettes? I guess thats ok. Now what if instead of giving them away, you sold them at a price that was practically giving them away. Would that be a crime Bart?
Re: Season Five: Cold Cuts #218051
06/17/05 07:55 AM
06/17/05 07:55 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

I likened it to "misery loving company." For once, Janice seems to be at relative peace, and I think Tony, in some perverse methodology, wanted to see how far he could go before she would crack. He could've been deciding whether it was an authentic change, but in reality, he did it (imho) because he's a sick fuck.

Re: Season Five: Cold Cuts #218052
06/17/05 10:23 AM
06/17/05 10:23 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Tony resented Janice's want to change. Change from her Soprano hot-headedness. He hates Janice's bad temper, as it got him in the news, but at the same time, he couldn't cope with her being a calm person of rationale and logic. I think Janice is much more (naturally irrational than Tony, and that means Tony can at least live in comfort knowing that he is (by means of dignity) superior to Janice.

In making her crack in this episode's finale, he brought her crashing back down to Earth. He couldn't take Janice being happy in herself by falseness. He wanted to bring her back to Sopranoness.

And I agree with Double J that Tony is a "sick fuck," but one which we cannot help but pity in his inevitable downward spiral into self-induced depression and a paranoid, Freudian mess.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull