GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (m2w), 115 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,737
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,283
Posts1,057,856
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
"Sex and the Ziti" *minor spoilers* #215608
02/11/04 02:50 PM
02/11/04 02:50 PM
Staten Island / New Jersey
Just Lou Offline OP
Just Lou  Offline OP

From the 2/11/04 NY Post

February 11, 2004 -- OLD gangsters have infused "The Sopranos" with new blood.

And the result appears to be a rejuvenated series.

That's the cautious conclusion reached after viewing the first four episodes of the mob series' long-awaited fifth season. The tapes were delivered to TV critics yesterday in anticipation of the season premiere on Sunday, March 7, at 9 p.m. on HBO.

The introduction of at least five new characters has apparently helped the show's producers and writers reshape the series, while at the same time renewing the show's original focus on Tony Soprano (James Gandolfini).

He was always the show's most compelling figure, and now he's back at the show's center coping in equal measure with the stresses and conflicts inherent in his dual families - the New Jersey crime organization that bears his name and the wife, son and daughter whose relationships to one another are in flux following Tony's separation from Carmela (Edie Falco) at the end of Season 4.

But it's the arrival of a handful of old-school mafiosi that has provided the show's writers with plenty of opportunities for the mob storylines viewers crave and which some felt were in short supply last season.

The introduction of these old-school hoods is explained in a credible way: Four of them were caught up in a long-ago round of indictments back in the 1980s and served long prison sentences. Now their prison terms are over, and they want back in.

Chief among them are Feech La Manna (Robert Loggia), Phillip Leotardo (Frank Vincent) and Angelo Gerepe (Joe Santos) - all mob veterans poised to play key roles in the series' various mob factions.

In addition, there's Tony's cousin, Tony Blundetto (Steve Buscemi), and a brash female bookie, Lorraine Calluzzo (Patti D'Arbanville).

Without giving anything away, let me just say that D'Arbanville in particular has one of the most challenging scenes of any of the "Sopranos" actors this season. I'll leave it at that, since I don't want to get whacked for squealing.

Acting, of course, was always this show's hallmark, and Gandolfini in particular is at full strength, especially in his scenes with Uncle Junior (Dominic Chianese), Dr. Melfi (Lorraine Bracco) and Carmela.

Tony is still separated from his wife as the season begins, Meadow (Jamie-Lynn DiScala nee Sigler) is still at Columbia and Anthony Jr. is still shiftless and spoiled - the Jack Osbourne of the Soprano family.

Uncle Junior is still under house arrest and may or may not be in the beginning stages of Alzheimers. He's still being cared for by Bobby "Bacala" (Steven R. Schirripa) who - are you ready for this? - has married Janice (Aida Turturro).

Above all, "Sopranos" fans want to know: Was it worth waiting 15 months for?

With fingers-crossed, the answer from here is: Absolutely.

Re: "Sex and the Ziti" *minor spoilers* #215609
02/11/04 03:29 PM
02/11/04 03:29 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Sex and the Zitti?

Thanks Just Lou. Makes me even more anxious to see this new season. At least we have a little insight. According to this writer it was a good idea to add new members to the cast. Janice & Bobby married??? (poor Bobby ) I know the name Patty D'arbanville, but can't place her. Wonder what challenging scene he means??

Anyway, I for one, love getting these tidbits. Don't mind what we've learned so far, as long as no major plot or twist is given.

Thanks for the update.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: "Sex and the Ziti" *minor spoilers* #215610
02/11/04 03:53 PM
02/11/04 03:53 PM
Just Lou Offline OP
Just Lou  Offline OP

Quote:
Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
I know the name Patty D'arbanville, but can't place her. Wonder what challenging scene he means??

TIS
Here's what I found about her:

"Patti is a veteran performer, finding success in all mediums. She has enjoyed a prolific career in film and television. Theatergoers have been mesmerized by her talent as well. Her role in Italian American Reconciliation garnered her not only the audience's appreciation, but the acclaimed Best Actress Dramalogue Award as well.

Patti has successfully worked in her chosen profession all of her life, making her debut in Andy Warhol's Flesh, at the tender young age of 17. She went on to build a successful film career in such films as, The Main Event, Father's Day, The Fan and Celebrity, as well as a multitude of others.

Patti accepted a guest-starring role last year on the popular television series, Third Watch. So impressed with her work, they continue to expand her role. Her other television credits include: New York Undercover, Wiseguy, Crime Story, My So Called Life and South Beach. She has also made a myriad of guest-starring appearances elsewhere on television. Patti has completed filming on the independant feature film, .... And She Was, directed by Frank Rainone and co-starring Vinny Pastore of The Sopranos

Patti is a native New Yorker, originating from Greenwich Village, born on May 25, 1951. Her mother was an artist and her father a bartender. Rounding out the family are her two brothers. While living in Europe for seven years, she spent some time modeling and dated singer Cat Stevens, who wrote the classic, Lady D'Arbanville, about her.

The greatest role Patti has come to play is that of mother to her four children. She and actor, Don Johnson, share a gorgeous son, Jesse, born in 1982. Jesse is a talented musician, as well as a bright student, graduating last year with honors. Patti also shares three beautiful children: Emmelyn, Alexandra and Liam with firefighter, Terry Quinn."

Re: "Sex and the Ziti" *minor spoilers* #215611
02/11/04 05:43 PM
02/11/04 05:43 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Sounds excellent, man! Thanks for this teaser. From what I've seen of the recentmost trailer, it doesn't look one bit a failure.

Normally there's only one (if any) new Mafiosi, and that's usually good enough, so five new main characters will be absolutely awesome.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: "Sex and the Ziti" *minor spoilers* #215612
02/11/04 05:48 PM
02/11/04 05:48 PM
Just Lou Offline OP
Just Lou  Offline OP

Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
Sounds excellent, man! Thanks for this teaser. From what I've seen of the recentmost trailer, it doesn't look one bit a failure.

Normally there's only one (if any) new Mafiosi, and that's usually good enough, so five new main characters will be absolutely awesome.

Mick
With all the new faces, I wonder if some of our "old friends" might not be around too long.

Re: "Sex and the Ziti" *minor spoilers* #215613
02/12/04 06:18 AM
02/12/04 06:18 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
[quote]Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
[b] Sounds excellent, man! Thanks for this teaser. From what I've seen of the recentmost trailer, it doesn't look one bit a failure.

Mick
With all the new faces, I wonder if some of our "old friends" might not be around too long. [/b][/quote]That's what I've been thinking too. Adrianna I think will go. Chris will go (and if this means Michael Imperioli writes more stuff for the show, I'm all for it). Junior will probably kick it too with Old Age. One thing I do know is that it looks one helluva cracking season, and I can't wait!

Mick

Re: "Sex and the Ziti" *minor spoilers* #215614
02/12/04 11:08 AM
02/12/04 11:08 AM
California

California
I'm wondering if Uncle Junior is really losing it? At the end of season 4, we are suppose to think he's faking it, but he may go off the deep end no???

Although, I don't know if they'll go back to it, I am waiting for Tony to find out about Melfi's rape.

I hope they don't whack Adrianna, but there is a good chance. I think she'll come clean with Tony/Christopher this season, but don't know how she'll end up. And Christopher, I don't know. He seems like an important part of the series, so I don't know if he'll go or not. One thing is for sure though, I am definitely looking forward to it.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: "Sex and the Ziti" *minor spoilers* #215615
02/12/04 12:50 PM
02/12/04 12:50 PM
Just Lou Offline OP
Just Lou  Offline OP

Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Just Lou:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
[b] Sounds excellent, man! Thanks for this teaser. From what I've seen of the recentmost trailer, it doesn't look one bit a failure.

Mick
With all the new faces, I wonder if some of our "old friends" might not be around too long. [/b][/quote]That's what I've been thinking too. Adrianna I think will go. Chris will go (and if this means Michael Imperioli writes more stuff for the show, I'm all for it). Junior will probably kick it too with Old Age. One thing I do know is that it looks one helluva cracking season, and I can't wait!

Mick [/b][/quote]I don't think Chris will go, because they've been making his character too important. Junior will probably stay because at this point he's mainly a side character that adds entertainment to the show. IMO, Adriana, Silvio, and anyone from NY might not make it into the last Season. I think Paulie probably stays because he found out at near the end of Season 4 that NY was using him, and he'll be more loyal to Tony in Season 5.

Re: "Sex and the Ziti" *minor spoilers* #215616
02/13/04 08:48 AM
02/13/04 08:48 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Maybe they're building Chris up to put you into a false sense of security. It's hard to say with a show such as the Sopranos isn't it?

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: "Sex and the Ziti" *minor spoilers* #215617
02/13/04 09:32 AM
02/13/04 09:32 AM
Gateshead, UK

Gateshead, UK
Okay, I've just read an article confirming storylines on season five. You've been warned. (SPOILERS AHEAD)......

Paulie will move in with Johnny Sack (who divorces Ginny after discovering his love for the Soprano Family soldier).

Chris kills Adrianna when she overcooks a burger for him, and THEN he discovers she was an FBI agent, so cries himself to sleep, hangs himself, and writes a note to Tony telling him he's gone.

Tony goes off on one, and decides to take it out on Silvio. Silvio calms him down, and Tony falls for him, committing the most obscene (by his standards even!) of his adulterous acts.

With Silvio and Tony now lovers, Chris dead, and Paulie soon to be marrying Johnny Sack, The Sopranos Family is in turmoil, until Carmela takes over the business, whacks Melfi, Junior, and reincarnates Livia in what is rumoured to be a chance for the makers to show off their new CGI skills.

I can't wait!!!!!!

Mick

Re: "Sex and the Ziti" *minor spoilers* #215618
02/13/04 11:35 AM
02/13/04 11:35 AM
Just Lou Offline OP
Just Lou  Offline OP

Quote:
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
Maybe they're building Chris up to put you into a false sense of security. It's hard to say with a show such as the Sopranos isn't it?
You're right. They did the same thing with Ralphie. When you thought he'd get it, he didn't. When you least expect it, he's a goner.

Re: "Sex and the Ziti" *minor spoilers* #215619
02/13/04 11:56 AM
02/13/04 11:56 AM
California

California
I know how full of surprises this show can be, and know that anything is possible. However, aside from Tony (from which this show is based), do you guys really think that it's possible for any of the other main characters (i.e. Silvio, Christopher, Paulie, or even Carmella or the kids for that matter) to either get whacked or be written off? Could be! Do you think Chase considers "character popularity" when he writes these people out??

Then again maybe so. Ralphie was a great "unlikeable" character, and he went away.

TIS

Re: "Sex and the Ziti" *minor spoilers* #215620
02/13/04 12:54 PM
02/13/04 12:54 PM
No where
B
Boss_of_bosses Offline
Underboss
Boss_of_bosses  Offline
B
Underboss
No where
Quote:
Okay, I've just read an article confirming storylines on season five. You've been warned. (SPOILERS AHEAD)......

Paulie will move in with Johnny Sack (who divorces Ginny after discovering his love for the Soprano Family soldier).

Chris kills Adrianna when she overcooks a burger for him, and THEN he discovers she was an FBI agent, so cries himself to sleep, hangs himself, and writes a note to Tony telling him he's gone.

Tony goes off on one, and decides to take it out on Silvio. Silvio calms him down, and Tony falls for him, committing the most obscene (by his standards even!) of his adulterous acts.

With Silvio and Tony now lovers, Chris dead, and Paulie soon to be marrying Johnny Sack, The Sopranos Family is in turmoil, until Carmela takes over the business, whacks Melfi, Junior, and reincarnates Livia in what is rumoured to be a chance for the makers to show off their new CGI skills.

I can't wait!!!!!!

Mick
WHAT THE HELL?!!

Re: "Sex and the Ziti" *minor spoilers* #215621
02/15/04 11:16 AM
02/15/04 11:16 AM
California

California
I was reading also that Frankie Valli will be guest starring in season 5. Didn't know he was an actor.

Remember the "Columbus Day" episode? At the very end of that episode when Tony was talking with Silvio (in the car), and Tony told Sil, something like, "go ahead and call Frankie Valli". I wonder if his appearance will have anything to do with the Columbus Day storyline? Since he's not an actor, I'm guessing it will be a breif appearance, like with Frank Sinatra Jr.

TIS

Re: "Sex and the Ziti" *minor spoilers* #215622
02/15/04 12:47 PM
02/15/04 12:47 PM
Pittsburgh
The Godfather Offline
Made Member
The Godfather  Offline
Made Member
Pittsburgh
I've always loved the ending to that episode, when the guys are driving back and Tony says "you take it up with Frankie when you see him" and Dawn just busts in for the ending credits. So neat.

Re: "Sex and the Ziti" *minor spoilers* #215623
02/15/04 01:25 PM
02/15/04 01:25 PM
California

California
I thought it was pretty neat too Godfather!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull