GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 131 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,412
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,814
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,300
Posts1,058,171
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
'Sopranos' Actor Pleads Guilty to Petty Larceny #210111
04/23/02 05:40 PM
04/23/02 05:40 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
\'Sopranos\' Actor Pleads Guilty to Petty Larceny
Tue Apr 23, 5:00 PM ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Robert Iler, the teen-age actor who plays the troubled son of a mob boss on the TV show "The Sopranos," pleaded guilty on Tuesday to petty larceny and was sentenced to three years probation.

Iler could have received one year in prison for the misdemeanor, but under the terms of a plea agreement, prosecutors recommended the lighter sentence and Manhattan Supreme Court Judge Daniel FitzGerald accepted it.

Iler and three friends allegedly robbed two teen-age Brazilian boys of $40 on July 3, 2001, outside a New York delicatessen. The victims later identified Iler and his friends as the culprits.

The 17-year-old Iler, who plays A.J. Soprano, the sulky son of Tony Soprano on the hit HBO show about an organized crime family in New Jersey, made no statement after sentencing.

But his manager, Jeff Mitchell, said, "He wanted me to express how sorry he is for all the grief and trouble everyone went through."

In pretrial hearings that began on Monday, the police officer who arrested Iler testified that when he searched the actor he found a hot marijuana pipe and marijuana.

Also pleading guilty with Iler was one of his co-defendants Alban Selimaj, 17.

Michael Cournede, 20, who will go to trial next month, was found holding a box cutter when police searched him the night of his arrest.

One of the victims said the muggers brandished a box cutter and said, "Give us your money. Do you wanna die, do you wanna die?"

The fourth alleged mugger, who has not been identified because he is under 16, is being tried in family court

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: 'Sopranos' Actor Pleads Guilty to Petty Larceny #210112
04/23/02 05:55 PM
04/23/02 05:55 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Thanks for that update, J Geoff (and the link)! Poor stupid kid! I hope he learned his lesson. I gotta' hand it to him, though. At least he didn't try to wiggle out of it by saying that the show made him do it (hmmm...wonder if it did?!?)!

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: 'Sopranos' Actor Pleads Guilty to Petty Larceny #210113
04/23/02 09:19 PM
04/23/02 09:19 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
gee, he had so much to lose over something like that. Where was his head that day...People would kill to even get a chance to have a part in a hit show....I bet they write it in next seasons plot line, you wait and see.

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: 'Sopranos' Actor Pleads Guilty to Petty Larceny #210114
04/24/02 12:43 AM
04/24/02 12:43 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
He got off easy. Celebs usually do. Notice that he didn't have to face the pot charge, either.
Now, what would I]really[/I] be neat, in the upcoming Sopranos season, is if Pacino makes a guest appearance and tells Carm, "Do you know that your son A.J. was arrested on some petty larceny charge you know nothing about?"

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: 'Sopranos' Actor Pleads Guilty to Petty Larceny #210115
04/24/02 09:46 AM
04/24/02 09:46 AM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
yes but she wasn't jet setting around the world...three years is light..how about some good old fashion labor, cleaning streets, feeding the poor in dirty rundown food kitchens and oh yea emptying bed pans in the hospital wards. A few more years and he will be just another child star gone astray. The books are full of them.
Next you will hear him cry "No one pays attention to me" or "My parents took all my money and blew it, I'm broke"...pass me a tissue will ya.

Re: 'Sopranos' Actor Pleads Guilty to Petty Larceny #210116
04/24/02 10:48 AM
04/24/02 10:48 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Gonna go off topic here. But I've got a point to make.

It depends how much weed was on him. Half the time the cops don't find its worth the paper work. I know plenty of people back when I was at school who got caught with it. Just a tiny bit. All the cops do is keep it or throw it away infront of your face. It wastes too much police time. Since it's been downgraded here in England police work has been much more effective in other crimes. Only if enough is found on you thats good enough to deal is the only time the cops would ever do anything.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: 'Sopranos' Actor Pleads Guilty to Petty Larceny #210117
04/24/02 11:41 AM
04/24/02 11:41 AM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
great point, but they will normally take the little piss-ant and squeeze him for someone higher up the food chain...

Re: 'Sopranos' Actor Pleads Guilty to Petty Larceny #210118
04/24/02 02:06 PM
04/24/02 02:06 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Yeah, but not often, C.D. Unless it's a big amount of grass, they'll usually just try to scare the accused (well, if it's a youth...I got caught with a roach once!). They'll usually save the interrogation room for the "heavier" dope, like heroin and coke (or the more dangerous dope like PCP/angel dust, crack, etc.). Then, more often than not, it doesn't matter how little the amount, they'll try to nail the pusher if they can by, as you say, "squeezing" the little guy.

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull