GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 116 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
'Sopranos' Actor Indicted in NY for Robbery, Drugs #209811
08/04/01 01:07 AM
08/04/01 01:07 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
'Sopranos' Actor Indicted in NY for Robbery, Drugs

August 3, 2001 1:03 pm EST

By Chris Michaud

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Actor Robert Iler, who plays the troubled teen-age son of a mob boss on the hit HBO television show "Sopranos," was indicted on Friday on charges stemming from the alleged robbery of two other teen-agers in July, authorities said.

Iler, 16, and two others were charged with robbery in the second degree, a felony that can carry a sentence of up to 15 years in prison, said Manhattan District Attorney Robert Morgenthau. Sixteen-year-olds are charged and sentenced as adults under New York law.

Iler was also charged with marijuana possession, which carries a maximum fine of $100. He and his co-defendants will be arraigned in State Supreme Court on an as yet undetermined date.

The charges stemmed from a July 3 incident in which two teen-age tourists were allegedly robbed of $40 in Manhattan shortly before midnight on a street on the Upper East Side. Iler and two other youths were arrested nearby after the alleged victims pointed them out to police.

Also charged were Michael Cournede and Alban Selimaj, with Cournede additionally accused of possession of a box cutter, a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in prison.

Iler plays A.J. Soprano on the hit HBO drama about New Jersey mobsters. As the sulky teen age son of mob boss Tony Soprano, his character has variously smoked pot, vandalized his high school and been expelled for cheating on tests.

According to the criminal complaint, Iler and his friends threatened the victims of the robbery saying "Give us your money. Do you wanna' die? Do you wanna' die?" The victims flagged down police and with the officers spotted the alleged robbers sitting on a park bench several blocks away.

Iler's attorneys have said he had his back turned and neither saw the incident nor heard any demand for money.

David Chase, the "Sopranos"' creator and executive producer, has said he took Iler at his word that he was innocent. "If he says he didn't rob anybody, then he didn't. It's as simple as that for me," he said in an earlier statement.

Iler has said he was "terribly embarrassed" by his arrest and was sorry for putting his family and friends through an "extremely difficult" time.

Iler and his co-defendants have been out on bail since shortly after their arrests. A juvenile arrested in connection with the incident is being dealt with in juvenile court.

###

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: 'Sopranos' Actor Indicted in NY for Robbery, Drugs #209812
08/04/01 04:02 AM
08/04/01 04:02 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Stupid kid (Robert Iler)....What was he thinking?

Robert Iler and tv dad James Gandolfini

Re: 'Sopranos' Actor Indicted in NY for Robbery, Drugs #209813
08/04/01 01:40 PM
08/04/01 01:40 PM
H
h8machine Offline
Wiseguy
h8machine  Offline
H
Wiseguy
What pisses me off about it because he plays the son of a bigshot on a show he thinks he can be a bigshot in real life.

Sticking someone up with a letter opener, now I've heard it all. Why didn't those tourists pick up a brick and smash his face with it

Re: 'Sopranos' Actor Indicted in NY for Robbery, Drugs #209814
08/06/01 04:13 AM
08/06/01 04:13 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
There was a televised news report that the NYPD (Police) was investigating Iler to see if he could be tied to other (similar) crimes.

UPDATE : See link to newspaper article (below)

NEW YORK POST ARTICLE ON ROBERT ILER

[ August 06, 2001: Message edited by: SC ]

Re: 'Sopranos' Actor Indicted in NY for Robbery, Drugs #209815
08/21/01 02:18 PM
08/21/01 02:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
Unregistered

He'll be found not guilty, or no contest dont worry