GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 116 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
GF IV Redux - Not Again!! #209254
04/07/05 07:41 PM
04/07/05 07:41 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
Yes, one more time. Since Pacino, Andy Garcia, Keaton, Shire (who did I leave out?) are still alive, couldn't some plot line work its magic as another sequel? A well thought out insight into the characters that might answer some of the questions that have swirled around this board. Unlike GFIII, no rush this time; no need to make any bucks. Just good, old-fashioned movie-making with an incisive look at the characters punctuated with some real time events in Mafia history for whatever period the film covers.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: GF IV Redux - Not Again!! #209255
04/07/05 08:58 PM
04/07/05 08:58 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by olivant:
Yes, one more time. Since Pacino, Andy Garcia, Keaton, Shire (who did I leave out?) are still alive, couldn't some plot line work its magic as another sequel? A well thought out insight into the characters that might answer some of the questions that have swirled around this board. Unlike GFIII, no rush this time; no need to make any bucks. Just good, old-fashioned movie-making with an incisive look at the characters punctuated with some real time events in Mafia history for whatever period the film covers.
It is not a bad idea. The problem that I see with using those actors and actresses is that they have all aged somewhat, and to me it would not be very convincing if they decide to cover an earlier time. I would rather see a younger days version with some other actors that maybe would cover young Sonny, etc. But there is the problem of casting Brando's character. You just might be able to get away with using DeNiro in that role though.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: GF IV Redux - Not Again!! #209256
04/07/05 11:32 PM
04/07/05 11:32 PM
Providence, RI
M
Moscarelli Offline
Capo
Moscarelli  Offline
M
Capo
Providence, RI
Well, to be honest Pacino and Keaton look younger then they did in The Godfather III, in my opinion. Pacino is thinner, and of course the longer hair helps...and Keaton looks as if she has less wrinkles. Now garcia, is another story. As opposed to the handsome Vincent Mancini in the last Godfather installment, he has gotten bloated and...mature. However, I haven't seen an updated picture of Shire.

Nonetheless, I think that it could still happen. Makeup does magic these days, and if garcia can just loose a few pounds, it could definately work out.

I would also like to see De Niro as a middle-aged Vito, it definately would be very entertaining. For some reason, if they do a flashback kind of movie (if they even do a movie) then I feel that it would gain much more acceptance and be a much better movie.

"The toe you stepped on yesterday may be attached to the ass you have to kiss today."
-Former Mayor of Providence, RI, Vincent "Buddy" Cianci
Re: GF IV Redux - Not Again!! #209257
04/08/05 12:47 AM
04/08/05 12:47 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline OP
olivant  Offline OP
O

Texas
The trick would be to manipulate the storyline and cinema effects to present the best possible combination of both. Yes, a series of flashbacks to poingant moments in each character's history could work. I think it would be worth the try.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: GF IV Redux - Not Again!! #209258
04/08/05 04:52 PM
04/08/05 04:52 PM
New Market, MD
DeathByClotheshanger Offline
Underboss
DeathByClotheshanger  Offline
Underboss
New Market, MD
The more and more I think about it, the less I like the idea of flashbacks in a Part IV. It's a cheap ploy to copy the structure from Part II and there's no guarantee that it would work. You'd have different actors playing roles that we've come to know and love, although seeing De Niro as Vito would be awesome. But overall, I just think it kinda stinks.

Any fool can come up with an idea for a movie that takes place after the events in Part III -- which is where the most creative freedom lies -- but the trick is making it worthy of the other Godfather movies, and yes, that's including Part III. My guess is that someone would try to turn it into some kind of Sopranos rip off or something with slick talking guineas and lots of whackings, which is not what the Godfather movies is about.

You need people committed in every aspect of the movie for this thing to work. And with people looking to make a fast buck, I just don't see that happening anytime soon.

But I'd love to see more. I just want it to be good. And today, that might be too much to ask.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull