GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 62 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,212
Posts1,056,141
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208899
07/26/04 12:00 AM
07/26/04 12:00 AM
Canada
Alex Morello Offline OP
Made Member
Alex Morello  Offline OP
Made Member
Canada
Got any ideas? Please post them here.

Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208900
07/26/04 01:11 PM
07/26/04 01:11 PM
New Market, MD
DeathByClotheshanger Offline
Underboss
DeathByClotheshanger  Offline
Underboss
New Market, MD
You gotta come up with your own around here, bucko...

J/K... me and UB are actully working on a kick-ass Part IV script.

Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208901
07/26/04 03:16 PM
07/26/04 03:16 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
It will take a miracle to make Gf4. GF5? I'll have to kill myself

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208902
07/26/04 03:51 PM
07/26/04 03:51 PM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
Hee hee. I've posted snippets of ideas I have for GF IV in about 10 different threads, so I suppose I'll have to go look them all up and copy and paste. But here are a few points:

1) BASIC STRUCTURE: Dual timelines a/la GF II.

a) "The Happy Years 1927-1941."

Based primarily on the chapters of the GF novel not used in GF I and II. Vito Corleone builds his organization from a neighborhood gang to a major power on the national scene, builds his political influence.

We see how he sets up his organization with Clemenza and Tessio as capos, giving them each authority but not enough so they can challenge his control. We see how Vito builds his association with the younger and brutally savage Luca Brasi.

We see Vito's associations with Young Hyman Roth in bootlegging, Young Frankie Pentangeli, a sidekick of Clemenza's from Italy, in bookmaking and gambling in NYC, a younger Don Altobello and Don Tomassino in Italy. We see Genco's influence as consigliere. Finally, we see Sonny and Tom Hagen in their early 20s- Sonny becoming a feared street soldier and enforcer, Tom a brilliant law student who handles much of the Genco Puro Oil Co. legal business.

Fredo is in his late teens and starting to get involved in criminal activity, tagging along with Sonny, but screwing things up because he lacks nerve and confidence.

Michael and Connie are in high school. Michael follows the lead of Tom in his studies, as Vito tries to steer him into the "legitimate" world. Connie is kept sheltered by Vito and Carmella... they want her never to know what the family is involved in. They want her to never know the details.

Through the end of Prohibition and the Depression, the Corleone family grows in influence, fighting fearsome battles with the other families in NYC and even across the nation. By the late 1930s and the outbreak of war, the Corleone family is perhaps the leading underworld gang in the country.

2) "Epilogue 1983-2004":

It is 1983, a couple years following the murder of Mary Corleone on the opera house steps in Sicily. The Corleone family is gathering at the same NYC church used for the baptism of Michael Francis Rizzi in 1955.

The occasion is the baptism of the first son of Vincent (Mancini) Corleone and Grace Madison Corleone, whom he married about a year following the Sicily attack.

Michael Corleone arrives, walking with a cane, but in reasonably good health. "Uncle, I'm glad you came," Vincent says. "It's been good for me to spend time in Sicily," Michael replies. "For a while, I couldn't come back here. Too many memories." Vincent agrees. "I know. I'm kind of suprised you came at all. I thought you might never come back."

"Nothing can bring back the dead, Vincent," Michael says. "You can sit and mourn for years but you have to go on."

Connie Corleone arrives with a personal assistant at her side. She stops and whispers into Vincent's ear. Vincent nods, intently. She hugs Michael and says, "It's been almost a year." Michael responds, "Vincent says you and he have kept things running, I shouldn't be surprised. He didn't tell me the details, he said they were all taken care of. Getting the family out of that Immobliare deal was brilliant. He doesn't need my advice, if he has yours..."

"Vincent was right," Connie says. "We took care of all the details. ALL the details." She gives him a quick glance. Michael lifts an eyebrow.

"Oh. ALL the details? The details that B.J. Harrison didn't know about?"

"Especially those details, Michael. That guy..." she shakes her head. "He knew too much to just let him leave, but he knew too little to be of any use to us. There really was nothing else to be done with him."

"So he had an ... accident?" Michael asks. His sister rolled her eyes, and shook her head with bemusement.

"Yeah," she said, nearly smirking. "An accident. Decided to take up scuba diving as a hobby. The damnedest thing. Got shot by somebody just as he was going to jump off the dock. C'est la vie."

"But Al Neri was over in Sicily visiting me the week B.J. died, Connie."

Connie Corleone smiled, a chilling, cold, merciless smile. Her eyes were as black as midnight.

"We didn't need Al Neri, Michael." Michael Corleone looked straight at his sister, and nods, almost imperceptibly.

Anthony Corleone arrives. He greets his father, coldly though politely. "Mom told me to come, Dad," he says. "She's not coming, then?" Michael responds." "No, she's not ready for that. But she said I should go see my cousins. She said there were things we neeed to talk about."

"Law practice keeping you busy, I see," Michael responds. "I knew it would," Anthony replies. "When I quit singing, I decided to get into the law all the way. No time to waste."

"No, there isn't," Michael says. "You happy with that?" Anthony swallows. "Dad, when Mary was killed, I just wanted nothing more with any of it. Music, or any of it. I just wanted to make a complete change, take the other fork in the road. Kind of like how you decided to live in Sicily. I just threw myself into school completely. But Mom and I decided there's something I can do. Hang on a minute, I have to talk to Vincent."

"Hey, cousin!" Anthony breaks away from his father, and joins Vincent Corleone in conversation.

Michael pulls Connie aside. "I heard about Mikey," Michael says. "Released yesterday, right? He's going to be here?

"Of course he'll be here, Michael," Connie said. "We've been working on the pardon for, must be 10 years now. Finally Geary came through. You wouldn't think leaning on a Arizona Governor could get a federal pardon, but the President needs that state, and he needs it bad, in the next election. All we had to do was tell Geary that his father, the sainted former Vice President who's been bedridden in the hospital for the last five years with Alzheimer's, was going to have his name splattered in the paper with a 35-year-old murder of a prostitute. Bingo, Governor Geary talks to the President, and Michael Francis Rizzi Corleone gets a federal pardon and walks out a free man."

"He's been in, what, 10 years?"

"Yes, almost 10," Connie says. "I know I wasn't the greatest mother to him and Victor, but ..." her voice trails off.

"Connie, what happened with Victor was not your fault. The drugs... they do that to people. Papa knew that. That's why he never wanted any part of it." She fixes him with a steely look. "I know it wasn't my fault, Michael. But it means if I can do anything for Mikey now, I just have to do it. And that's what I did."

She looks at her son, now in his early 30s, also dark-faced and angular like her mother and uncle.

"He looks so different. I hardly know him. Not the same boy he was when he went in."

"Mother, Uncle Michael," a voice offscreen calls out. "Michael Francis Rizz... Michael Francis Corleone," Michael says. He is obviously happy to see his nephew after such a long time. "I remember the last time you and I were together here. You were about two weeks old."

Mikey laughs. "Yes, Uncle Michael, Mom told me all about it. Many times. She said I should always listen to my Godfather. Other people have told me that, too..."

The baptism ceremony begins. Michael Corleone and Connie Corleone are he godparents. "Vito Alfredo Corleone, do you reject Satan...?"

"I do reject Satan," repeats Connie Corleone. "All his empty promises..."

As the ceremony ends, the crowd disperses, and the four cousins gather in the vestibule.
The reception following the baptism is a gala party, with Grace showing off her new baby. Vincent is proud, but looks about nervously. Another voice off camera calls.

"Hey baby brother! What a bambino! Glad you finally joined the respectable world!" Nervous laughter from all.

Vincent shakes his head and throws a bear hug around the man. He is in his mid-40s, trim and with the dark angular features of the Corleone family.

"Well, Santino Junior," he says, with mock emphasis on the "junior," with a laugh. "I haven't seen you for years, since you went off to Florida to become rich in real estate. Remember how your mom always called me your 'second cousin'? We had good times, ya know? Hung out a lot together. Remember when we were about 15, and you told me the truth?"

"Yeah," Santino replies. "When we were kids, Mom wasn't too happy about us knowing you were our brother - or a lot of the stuff that Dad did. She wanted us to stay out of 'the life,' you know? Sent me off to Florida, sent me to college, made sure I stayed out of it, all that stuff. Heck, I only saw Uncle Mike every two or three years. I almost forgot I was a Corleone. It really hit Mom hard when Frankie died. Sad thing, that boating accident."

"Yeah, it was," Vincent says. "I didn't know Frankie too well - our ages were different and your mom didn't let me hang out with him like I did with you. I knew she always felt that I wasn't really Dad's son ... Too bad, I would have liked to have known my other brother."

"Mom wanted us to both "stay clean," Santino says. "I took Frank in the firm with me. But he just wasn't ... you know. Always doing crazy stuff. Flipping a boat while marlin fishing, what a way to go."

"I heard about the court case," Vincent says. "A bunch of crap, that savings and loan deal. At least you got a suspended sentence out of it. The Feds really nailed you on that one. We tried to push some buttons, but we got no juice down in that court. If you coudla had it tried in New York or Jersey, you woulda had a shot."

"So much for staying clean," Santino says, grimly. "I'm a felon now, too. But with the divorce and bankruptcy maybe it was all for the best, Vinnie, you know?" Santino replies. "It was time for me to get out of Florida anyway. At least Marie lets me see the kids every other week."

"How are the kids," Vincent asks. "They're a handful, Vinnie," Santino answers. "You'll find out in a couple of years yourself. But twins are even worse. Ahh, but little Tino and Lita, they're great..."

"Yeah, a family is important," Vincent said, reflectively. "I remember, when I was very, very young, Uncle Vito ... you know, that's what Ma told me to call him? He told me that. I was four or five, playing with you and Frank at the Long Island house. He told me I always had to remember that."

"Hey, Little Mikey," Vincent says, embracing Michael Francis. "They finally let you walk, eh? Presidential pardon! Madonn'!! How are you feeling, Little Man?"
"Fine, Vinnie," Mikey replies. "I've been waiting years for this day." "I can relate," Vincent nods.

"Oh, would Papa be proud of this," Connie says, beaming, to Michael, standing by her side. "Look at the four of them. Anthony, Mikey, Santino, Vincent - I don't think they've ever been together before. Papa's four grandsons, it's great."

Michael Corleone says nothing but gazes silently at his son and three nephews. Anthony says little, but listens intently to Vincent and Santino's conversation. Michael Francis seems nervous, wary. He radiates nervous energy and seems ready for action, but remains silent.

Vincent, shown deference as the Don, takes the leadership role, but Santino seems insisent on dominating the conversation. Finally, he says, "Uncle Michael, Aunt Connie, there are some things we have to talk about."

Vincent nods, a bit peeved at Santino's aggressiveness, but lets the moment pass. "Yeah, Santino's right, you guys. Come on, Mikey, Anthony, let's sit down and talk."

Then....

"You did good."
Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208903
07/26/04 10:21 PM
07/26/04 10:21 PM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
good dialogue

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208904
07/26/04 10:48 PM
07/26/04 10:48 PM
Canada
Alex Morello Offline OP
Made Member
Alex Morello  Offline OP
Made Member
Canada
EnzoBaker, please continue

Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208905
07/26/04 10:52 PM
07/26/04 10:52 PM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
I'm tacking on bits and pieces as we go.

"You did good."
Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208906
07/27/04 10:51 AM
07/27/04 10:51 AM
North London
Bella Mafia UK Offline
Capo
Bella Mafia UK  Offline
Capo
North London
I think this is superb. I especially like the dual stoyline. Perhaps it would be an idea, considering Connie has turned into a cold, calculating killer, to contrast this with the Connie from the "Happy Years" - a naive, innocent teenager - similar to the contrasts we have in the earlier films between the young, idealistic Michael and the cold Don he becomes.

Good work, EnzoBaker!

...there's people who would pay a lot of money for that information. But then your daughter would lose a father..instead of gaining a husband.
Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208907
07/27/04 04:33 PM
07/27/04 04:33 PM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
I had to think up a good way to get rid of B.J. Harrison.

"You did good."
Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208908
07/27/04 06:06 PM
07/27/04 06:06 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Morello:
EnzoBaker, please continue
Yes please keep it coming. I really enjoy reading your story line. BTW thanks for getting rid of BJ

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208909
07/27/04 11:46 PM
07/27/04 11:46 PM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
SCENE: Early 1982. The Corleone beach house in New Jersey. VINCENT rocks his infant son, and then hands him back to Grace, who leaves the room. The doorbell rings and Santino, Jr. arrives.

He walks into the large living room where a fire is burning in the fireplace. Vincent looks absently into the burning flames. An intercom buzzes, and Vincent answers, "Yes?" and a voice responds, "Your cousin Michael, sir." "Send him in, says Vincent.

Michael Francis Corleone enters, nervously. "Wow, what a place," he says to Vincent. "Easier to get into the city from here than out on the Island, eh?"

"Yeah, not bad," replies Vincent. "Fewer problems. I get along better with the people on this side of the river..."

Santino arches his eyebrow. "Wow, I'm surprised, I heard that people in Jersey weren't real friendly to people moving into the neighborhood."

Mikey doesn't catch the barb in Santino's comment. Vincent does. "Well, that depends, Santino, depends on whether it's in their best interest to be friendly." He gives his brother a thin smile.

"Your uncle and aunt are here, Mr. Corleone," says a young, wiry, compactly built man appearing at the doorway. "Your cousin Anthony, too."

"Fine, send them in," Vincent snaps.

"All came over together, eh?" Vincent says, as the three enter the room. "Made more sense that way," responds Michael Corleone. "We were all staying at the Plaza, figured we'd hire one limo under one fake name. Since my semi-retirement, I'm off the 'hot list,' and Connie is..."

"... an untouchable," Connie says, smugly. "They try to hit me, it's the same as taking out a don. Everybody knows that so they watch themselves."

"And Anthony's a civilian," Vincent says. "So you three were relatively safe coming here."

"Yes, Vincent, but we have to have this meeting," Anthony responds. He speaks softly but directly.

"I always thought you wanted no part of the business, Anthony," Vincent says. "You told me so a few years ago. I always heard your mom was dead set against you ever having anything to do with it. Uncle Michael even said he agreed with that."

"I did," says Michael Corleone. "I still agree with it, but apparently Anthony has changed his mind."

"I did, Dad," Anthony says. "After ... Sicily ... I just lost all the desire to sing, and if you don't have that, you're done. I gave up singing, and finished law school ... I had the desire to make somebody pay... to find those responsible for what happened... and get them. Pay them back forever."

"But most of them are dead," Vincent Corleone says, quietly.

"Most, yes," says Anthony, bitterly. "Most of them are dead - everything fell into place with your plans, and the ones who conspired on the deal met their 'accidents.' But not all of them. There are still some out there who were in on the plot, who set it up, who even planned it - they're not dead yet. But it's my job to make them wish they were."

"And your mother agrees with this?" Michael asks, quizzically.

"Not only does she agree, Dad," says Anthony. "She's the one who told me what I had to do - what we have to do. She wants to make someone pay, too, Dad."

"Doesn't sound like the woman I know," Michael Corleone says, wistfully.

Anthony's response is sharp.

"She isn't the woman you know, Dad. Nothing like the woman you know. That woman died on the steps of that opera house."

Michael Corleone stares at his son. "I understand... I think."

"Good," Anthony says. "Because this will only work if you do understand it. And you too, Vincent and Connie..."

Connie looks on her nephew with a faint smile. "Oh, I understand, Anthony. I understand that you can help this family.. it's what you were meant to do. We need someone for our legal affairs - B.J. Harrison really never knew what was going on, and since he took his little swim with the fishes..." Connie chuckles, silently.

"... He's not much help any more, you know what I mean? With the Justice Department investigations going on, the red tape leftover from the Immobliare liquidations, and civil suits, we have legal business every day. We've farmed it out to contract firms, but we need one lawyer, one law firm, whose job it will be to handle the Corleone legal affairs. We need a lawyer we trust to know what's really going on, and who knows why we want to do things and how we want to do them. We need you to keep the family strong, Anthony."

"You did good."
Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208910
07/28/04 11:52 PM
07/28/04 11:52 PM
Canada
Alex Morello Offline OP
Made Member
Alex Morello  Offline OP
Made Member
Canada
How does it get to 2004? Vincent's son becomes don?

Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208911
07/29/04 05:10 AM
07/29/04 05:10 AM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
Well, you have Vincent (b. 1948-49?, currently the Don from GF III.)

Santino Jr. (b. 1945), now reentering the picture, will take an active role in the family. (Hmmm, possibly, he might think "he was stepped over!!" ) He's also the "legitimate" son, while Vinnie is the 'bastard.' Plenty of fodder for drama and conflict there.

There would be a definite "Michael-Fredo" subtext between Vincent and Santino, except unlike Fredo, Santino Jr. would be anything but a bungler - in fact, his raw business smarts would be the best in the family. He built a real-estate empire from scratch into multi-millions, then was wiped out in a dubious criminal case before seeking to join the family business. And despite the sibling rivalry, Vincent and Santino are good friends.

Anthony, (b. 1951), has now taken an active role in the family (although who knows exactly why? Can you function in the Mob with revenge as your sole motive? Doesn't that lead to rash decisions?? And who would it be that Anthony and Kay would hold ultimately responsible for the death of Mary? ) Anthony's legal skills and public performance background make him the perfect replacement for B.J. Harrison (and more importantly, the true successor to Tom Hagen.)

Michael Francis Rizzi Corleone (b. 1955) has now been pardoned after a decade in prison. He actually completed an MBA degree while in jail. He is also assuming a larger role in the family. He would have the street cred and the cellblock smarts and toughness none of the other cousins would have. He combines Vito's street toughness with Michael's judgment. He might actually be the most capable leader of the bunch.

As of 2004, Santino Jr. is 59, Vincent is 55, Anthony is 53, and Mikey is 49.

As of 1983, when we are (re)introducing them into the saga, Vincent is 34, Santino 38, Anthony 32 and Mikey 28. (my timeline was off a couple years on his age and time in prison. we could change it to 'he spent 8 years in prison.')

Of course, given the "life expectancy" of those involved in Corleone family business, I'd say the odds aren't real good all four of those guys would survive to 2004.

I'd say the odds are particularly bad, considering the hot-headed nature of Vincent and the ambitions of Santino Jr, that both of them would make it that far.

But one or two of them probably would.

Vincent would be highly subject to making some grave miscalculation like his father did and probably getting himself whacked in the process, or maybe arrested by the Feds. When this happens, Santino Jr. would be the logical successor.

I don't seen Anthony as having any desire really to be Don (or would be considered a serious successor by Connie or Michael, who would at least to some extent be calling the shots), just to use his legal skills on behalf of the family, again much like Tom Hagen.

So you'd have no shortage of family contenders to be the Don.

Since I'm literally making this up as we go along, what the heck.

Michael dies in 1997 - we know that. The extent of his involvement with family business from 1980-1997 would of course be a prime topic of GF IV.

Since his health was not very good in 1980, it's fair to assume Michael would not be in tip-top shape for all of that time span. Although, in the death scene, he doesn't look ALL that horrible for the age of 77 - in fact, he looks about 77.

By 1997, Connie is 74, and can't be taking too much of an active role anymore. But throughout the 1980s, when she is in her 60s and from all indications in good health, she certainly can.

In the 'next generation' (if we're looking ahead to GF V or VI ), you'd have Vito Alfredo (Vincent's son), born 1983, and Santino Jr.'s twins Sonny and Carmelie born 1981 in the mix. Presumably the four cousins would have a few more kids in the mid-to-late 1980s who would enter family business in the early 2000s.

* Oh yeah - I forgot Victor Rizzi Corleone's son Gianni (born 1972 when Victor was 20, unmarried, and involved with drug trafficking and his death by OD). He'd be "making his bones" in the late 1990s/early 2000s... He'd be the 'bridge generation' from the four cousins born in the 40s/50s to the great-grandchildren of Vito Corleone.

So a bare-bones outline of the 'epilogue' events of GF IV:

1983: Santino Corleone Jr. named as chief executive officer of The Corleone Corp. (Board of directors consisting of Co-Chairs Michael and Connie Corleone, and operations manager Vincent Mancini Corleone); Anthony Corleone accepts appointment as general legal counsel; Michael Rizzi Corleone named VP of personnel operations. Corleone Corp. profits, largely soaked up by the cost of buying out of the Immobliare deal in 1980-81, skyrocket.

1987: Justice Department investigation of Corleone Corp. Several other organized crime groups battle the Corleones on a variety of fronts. Anthony Corleone prepares legal defense strategy, to effectively insulate Vincent, Connie and Michael from any illegal activities. Vincent ignores Anthony's advice and is implicated in a major RICO case.

1988-1993: Vincent Corleone is convicted on multiple RICO counts, and the case works its way through appeals.

1993: Vincent Corleone enters prison on a 5-8 year sentence. Santino Corleone, Jr. is appointed acting Don by decision of Michael Corleone and Connie Corleone.

1992: Gianni Corleone, 20, who was being raised together by Santino and his wife Kate in Florida before their 1984 divorce, returns from active duty in the Gulf War, where he is discharged following a minor injury during battle after gaining the rank of lieutenant.

He asks his uncle Mikey for an entry-level management position in the Corleone Corp. Showing a ruthless affinity for organization, he quickly is taken under his uncle's wing, and also becomes a favorite of his grand-uncle, Michael Corleone. But Santino, rememebering Gianni's rambunctious teen years, keeps a wary eye on him. (Gianni's grandmother Connie also fears Gianni may take too much after his father, Victor.)

1995: Michael Corleone, 75, suffers a serious stroke, drastically handicapping his health. He can walk only with a cane, and his ability of speech is impaired. Connie Corleone and a staff of attendantss tend to him at their Sicilian winter home.

1997: Michael Corleone 77, dies at his Sicilian villa. Shortly before his death, he is visited by his ex-wife Kay. He never speaks again after this meeting.

1999: Vincent Corleone is released from prison. He expects to reassume control of family operations, but two major obstacles are in the way: intense Justice Department scrutiny, and the fact that family operations have prospered under Santino's leadership the past five years.

Major factions of the family feel Santino is better suited to the leadership role, but Vincent believes he deserves to get it back. Rival underworld families/gangs look to capitalize on the split between the Corleones. An uneasy truce develops as Vincent accepts he doesn't have enough support to force Santino out.

2001: Tino Corleone (Santino III), 20, in pre-law studies at Rutgers University, begins work as an apprentice paralegal to VP for Legal Affairs Anthony Corleone in the Corleone Corporation.

His twin sister Lita, majoring in communications and public relations at NYU, begins an internship under Corleone Corp.

Senior PR Director Dominic Abbandando, himself nearing retirement age. Lita Corleone and Dominic Abbandando's son Nicolas, 24, begin a romance.

Later that year Santino Corleone is attending a business conference in New York City on the morning of Sept. 11. He is killed in the World Trade Center attack.

At an emergency meeting called at Vincent Corleone's New Jersey shore home, Connie Corleone addresses the assembled family members - Vincent, Anthony, Mikey, and Gianni (now a rising 'capo' in the organization.)

Santino's children Tino and Lita, who assist in Ground Zero rescue efforts immediately after the attack, attend the meeting, although previously they had not been involved in extra-legal family activities. In the aftermath of their father's death, both say they are ready to handle the truth. Connie agrees.

The family concludes that Vincent cannot function as head of "underground" operations because of the intense scrutiny from the Feds. Vincent will have to remain a powerless public figurehead while Michael Francis Rizzi Corleone becomes the Don.

Vincent has no choice but to appear to accept the decision, but inwardly he is furious - he feels Connie has maneuvered her own son into becoming the Don. He also feels somewhat backstabbed by Anthony.

Anthony explains the legal maneuvers the family is using to get the Feds off its back.

2002:

In a private meeting with her son Michael, Connie outlines several ranking Federal officials who will have to be eliminated in order to defuse the Justice Department probe.

Gianni is assigned to attend to the task, and does. He delegates the hit to button men, through two buffers so he can claim he never knew anything about the order. The hitmen are killed in a shootout with the federal agents, but six Feds are killed.

Connie makes the mistake of sending this order by e-mail to Gianni, and the e-mail is intercepted by federal investigators (in fact, forwarded to them by a senior member of the Corleone legal team. ).

Connie Corleone is indicted on six counts of consipiracy to commit murder of federal officers. It is obvious the Feds are getting information from deep within the family.

2003: Connie Corleone's conspiracy murder trial proceeds. The prosecutors introduce evidence of dozens of other hits she has authorized since 1981.

It is revealed that B.J. Harrison, during his employment by the Corleone Corp. was in fact working as a Federal informant. Prosecutors are supplied with physical evidence implicating Connie Corleone as the actual murderer of Harrison. This additional murder count is added to the case, since there is no statute of limitations.

Under federal statutes, as the actual murderer of Harrison, Connie could face the death penalty. Anthony Corleone, heading the defense team, in his summary to the jury, observes that no 80-year-old defendant, much less a woman, has ever been convicted and sentenced to death in U.S. history, and such a sentence would be pointless, since the defendant would almost certainly die of natural causes before appeals were finally exhausted.

Connie Corleone is convicted and sentenced to death - the first member of the Corleone family ever successfully prosecuted for a murder. Even though the execution will almost certainly never take place, the federal government goes to the extraordinary length of actually setting an execution date of April 28, 2007.

Connie Corleone is confined to a correctional care facility a short distance Ellis Island. On a dark and stormy night ( ) in 2004, she dies overlooking the quarantine ward where Vito Andolini spent the first 3 months of his life in America in 1901.

Michael Corleone realizes his mother had been set up by someone inside the family. He gathers information from his own informant in the Corleone legal firm - legal assistant Tino Corleone. Michael tells Tino what needs to be done. Late at night, Anthony Corleone sits at his desk in a darknened wing of Corleone Corp. headquarters in Manhattan....

"You did good."
Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208912
07/30/04 02:00 AM
07/30/04 02:00 AM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
Brief Casting Call: Godfather IV

The Happy Years

Vito Corleone

Carmella Corleone

Sonny Corleone

Michael Corleone

Tom Hagen

Fredo Corleone

Genco Abbandando

"You did good."
Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208913
07/30/04 02:01 AM
07/30/04 02:01 AM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
Connie Corleone

Sal Tessio

Pete Clemenza

Frankie Pentangeli

Hyman Roth

Luca Brasi

"You did good."
Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208914
07/30/04 02:31 AM
07/30/04 02:31 AM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
Coda 1983-2004:

Michael Corleone and Vincent Mancini-Corleone:

Connie Corleone:

Santino Corleone, Jr.:

Michael Francis Rizzi Corleone:

Gianni Corleone:

Tino Corleone (Santino III):

Lita Corleone:

"You did good."
Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208915
07/30/04 02:32 AM
07/30/04 02:32 AM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Have you ever thought about submitting your wonderful storyline to the execs. at Paramout?? Just a thought.

I was wondering if you would ever bring in Victor or not. Enzo How could Victor be a Rizzi if Carlo was whacked right after the baptisim?

Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208916
07/30/04 11:51 AM
07/30/04 11:51 AM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
Heheh. Well you never know what Paramount might be looking at?

About Victor, I gave a little thought about it, but the storyline was already getting pretty crowded. My understanding was that Victor was a couple years older than Michael Francis (he had to be, since Carlo was whacked immediately following Michael F.'s baptism and couldn't have fathered any kids later than that.)

The only reference we get in GF II and III about Connie's sons is in GF II in the boathouse scene, where Michael chews out Connie because her "kids are already getting in trouble with the law." That would have to be Victor who couldn't have been any older than maybe 10 years old at the time (1959).

Victor getting involved in crime and drugs early, probably having a kid out of wedlock, and possibly getting killed as a young man would also seem to be logical.

Michael Francis would also be involved in crime early, and logically might end up in jail - which would explain fairly logically where he was during GF III.

(The 35-year-old case of Sen. Geary and the prostitute works its way back in to explain how pressure is put on to get Michael Francis a Presidential pardon.)

Anyway, in deciding which of Connie's sons should be incorporated into the storyline, obviously it would have to be Michael Francis, since he was the innocent baby at the baptism during the climactic scene of GF I - the "day that settles all family business" - and became the actual godson of Michael Corleone. So him rising to the role of Godfather himself some day would seem to be almost predestined.

I also assume that Connie would have dropped 'Rizzi" as the boys' last name - she knows that Carlo was responsible for the death of Sonny, whom she idolized. She'd want to erase any reference to 'Rizzi' in their names. She's always seen herself as a Corleone, anyway. She'd want her sons to be Corleones too.

Another issue would be what to do about Sonny's son Frank (who gives Vito the get-well card on his sickbed in GF I.) But again I don't think it's good to clutter up the story line with too many cousins who appear completely out of nowhere. Whatever happened to Frank, he was out of the picture by the time of GF III, so some kind of semi-logical explanation has to be dreamed up for that.

Santino Jr, we can explain away that Sandra Corleone (Sonny's wife) tried very hard to steer him out of the criminal life, and into respectable business away from the rest of the family. Since he would have been in his late 30s by the time of GF III, you'd have to figure he had just moved in another direction with his life.

But major setbacks in his life - getting caught up in the S&L scandal of the 1980s, financially ruined, convicted of a felony, and divorced by his wife - would be the shock that might send him back to the "family business."

Anyway, it's fun to work on this stuff. I'll keep tacking on bits and pieces as we go...

"You did good."
Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208917
08/02/04 12:26 AM
08/02/04 12:26 AM
Canada
Alex Morello Offline OP
Made Member
Alex Morello  Offline OP
Made Member
Canada
arnold as luca brasi, thats quite disturbing...

Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208918
08/02/04 12:42 PM
08/02/04 12:42 PM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex Morello:
arnold as luca brasi, thats quite disturbing...
I'm just having some fun there. Although come to think of it... why not?

"You did good."
Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208919
08/02/04 12:44 PM
08/02/04 12:44 PM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
Or how about ....

as Luca Brasi??

(Remember, Rocky Balboa was originally supposed to be a Mafia muscle man in Philly... )

"You did good."
Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208920
08/03/04 04:06 PM
08/03/04 04:06 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
What about Jay London as Luca?

Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208921
08/06/04 03:36 AM
08/06/04 03:36 AM
Happy Valley
Freddie C. Offline
Underboss
Freddie C.  Offline
Underboss
Happy Valley
The Rock would be a great Luca

"The Dewey Decimal System... What a scam that was!"
Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208922
08/06/04 04:38 AM
08/06/04 04:38 AM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
Yeah or maybe ...

:rolleyes:

"You did good."
Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208923
08/07/04 12:25 AM
08/07/04 12:25 AM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
OK, well anyway, my GF IV would cover "the happy years" in the 1930s and Vito's rise in the underworld.

Then, the epilogue to the death of Mary Corleone, picks up in about 1982, and the interactions of the four grandsons of Vito in running the family empire.

The epilogue segment would work toward a conclusion which would be triggered by Michael Corleone's death in 1997, and Vincent Corleone's release from federal prison later that year.

Santino Corleone Jr., who has been serving as Don since Vincent went to jail in 1992, wants to hold on to power. Vincent wants to return to control. Anthony and Michael Francis agree that Santino should remain Don, with the assent of Connie, now serving as the dark eminence of the entire family.

This uneasy balance of power holds until GF IV ends on the morning of September 11, 2001.
The camera pans over the early-morning shadowed gravestones in the New York Cemetery, over the stones of Fredo Corleone, Santino Corleone, Carmella Corleone and Vito Corleone. The camera slowly passes over the stone of Michael Corleone, 1920-1997, then lifts over the skyline and pans down the Manhattan city streets...

The camera stops as a limousine pulls up to the curb outside the World Trade Center. Santino Corleone, Jr. gets out, flanked with several bodyguards in suits. They move toward the entrance. As they pass through the doors, a high-pitched roaring whine rises and people outside the doors all stare upward. The scene cuts quickly back to the cemetery and the screen goes black.

GF V begins in Corleone, Sicily, in 1894. Antonio Andolini is a successful farmer and small merchant in the Sicilian countryside. He lives with his young son, Paulo, and infant son Vito, and his wife Maria Constanzia Andolini. His brother Frederico and father, Michale Andolini, are important local businessmen and landowners, popular with local residents who prosper under their protection.

Michale Andolini holds a position of reverence in the community, tempered with respect and in some cases, fear. Their prosperity is threatened by a rival local capo, Don Ciccio, an obnoxious young punk who sees the Andolinis as a threat...

The scene flashes back to New York City, 2001. The Corleone cousins are discussing who will replace Santino Jr. as Don.
Vincent fully expects to reassume the position he had held for a decade before entering prison. He points out that he always had the trust of "Don Michael, rest in peace."

"That was the plan before I went in, Aunt Connie," Vincent continues. "Santino would handle things until I got out. Well, now I'm out and Santino is dead. We didn't plan it that way, but it's my turn again. That's what Uncle Michael wanted."

Connie Corleone responds with an icy stare. "Michael is dead, Vincent," she states flatly. Anthony Corleone says nothing.

Michael Rizzi Corleone sits at one end of the long conference table, at his mother's right hand. On his right hand is his nephew, Gianni Corleone, in an expensive suit.

Then, Connie declares that Michael Francis (Rizzi) Corleone will now become the Don. The room falls silent for a moment. Vincent is furious and frustrated, and he's not the only family member feeling that way...

The scene flashes back to Sicily in 1894. Michale Andolini finds his son Frederico in the fields, murdered by men sent by Don Ciccio. The body is discovered by Antonio Andolini's wife Maria Constanzia. The widowed Michale is grief-stricken at his son's murder, but Maria Constanzia is inflamed by the murder of her father's brother. She beseeches both Antonio and Michale to avenge Frederico... "How will our sons live without honor?"

The scene changes to New York City, 1974. Michael Corleone is talking to a bedridden Tom Hagen. Hagen is haggard and drawn, obviously weak after a battle with cancer. They discuss Michael's plans to take the family 'legitimate,' and what has to be done with the already criminally-involved sons of Connie Corleone.

As they speak, a phone rings informing them that Victor Rizzi Corleone, 20, has been found dead of a drug overdose in Brooklyn. "We'll have to do something about his kid, Michael," Tom Hagen says in a whispery voice. "Santino will take him in," Michael says.
"Yeah, he will," says Hagen. "He acts like he's out of the family, but he's still in. That's what's best for the boy..."
"What about Mikey?" Michael Corleone asks. "He's in trouble too, Mike," Hagen responds. "It'll be all we can do to keep him out of jail. He's looking at hard time." He coughs and draws a raspy breath. "I can't make court anymore..."

"Have Harrison handle it," Michael Corleone responds, dismissively. "Harrison can't handle this one," Hagen says, wearily. "What can we do, then?" Michael asks. "We need a federal pardon," Hagen responds. "How do we get it?" Michael asks.

Hagen picks up the bedside phone and makes a call. "Get me the Vice President," he says...

The scene returns to 2003...Anthony Corleone talks to his cousin, Tino Corleone, about legal matters affecting the family. Segue to Lita Corleone visiting her aunt, Connie, in a prison hospital facility overlooking Ellis Island...

Don Michael Francis (Rizzi) Corleone looks out from his office window over New York City. From an office a floor below, Vincent Corleone stares out the window...

"You did good."
Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208924
08/15/04 01:54 PM
08/15/04 01:54 PM
Canada
Alex Morello Offline OP
Made Member
Alex Morello  Offline OP
Made Member
Canada
I wonder how you're part V could end....

Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V #208925
08/15/04 03:40 PM
08/15/04 03:40 PM
EnzoBaker Offline
Capo
EnzoBaker  Offline
Capo
Probably with the deaths of Michale Andolini in Sicily in about 1894, Tom Hagen, Victor Corleone and Frank Corleone in about 1974, and Connie Corleone and Vincent Corleone in about 2005.

It would be a very, very dark storyline. Instead of all the Corleone family enemies eating it in the climactic scenes of the movie, which has been the case in GF I, II and III, and probably IV, in V ... the Corleones would be the ones to eat it.

"You did good."
Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V [Re: EnzoBaker] #399232
06/08/07 08:04 AM
06/08/07 08:04 AM
J
jess82 Offline
Associate
jess82  Offline
J
Associate
Some good ideas but please don't bring back that annoying reporter Grace as Vincent's wife she is the most annoying character in the whole series. Anyway I really love the part where Connie is sentenced to death in old age and she dies looking out to the quartine station where Vito stayed all those years ago. It is also a good concept for a Corleone to be sentenced to death in their old age because Vito never showed Ciccio any mercy despite being old and weak when he murdered him. Then Connie showed Alto Bello no mercy on his 80th birthday when she decided to kill him So it is a case of you reap what you sow

Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V [Re: jess82] #399551
06/09/07 01:55 AM
06/09/07 01:55 AM
My own world.
whisper Offline
Underboss
whisper  Offline
Underboss
My own world.
I think Vito's cat should make an appearance after living for so long.Eventually he could take over the family.

The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters. Cus D'Amato
Re: Storyline for Godfather part IV AND V [Re: whisper] #407237
06/27/07 02:41 AM
06/27/07 02:41 AM
Silver Spring, Md
I
ibarramedia Offline
Made Member
ibarramedia  Offline
I
Made Member
Silver Spring, Md
I like the concepts of EnzoBaker's script except for the part where Connie is prosecuted and sentenced to die. That's just my personal opinion though... Really and trully, if a Godfather part iv will ever be made, the story had better be really good and tie up loose ends. This is something no one excpects and it could be similar to Rocky Balboa. Everyone thinks Rocky V was the end but Rocky Balboa after all these years, put a great ending to a series. The Godfather part IV could be the same.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull