GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 80 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,352
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,213
Posts1,056,149
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
If no GF4, how bout a spin-off??? #208719
06/09/04 01:58 PM
06/09/04 01:58 PM
New Market, MD
DeathByClotheshanger Offline OP
Underboss
DeathByClotheshanger  Offline OP
Underboss
New Market, MD
Even though there is a Godfather video game and book coming out this fall, which may get the GF4 rumors churning again, how about the idea of a spin-off movie for one of the characters?

Wouldn't you like to see the back story to Luca Brasi? His struggle to choose a family to be loyal to? It is my feeling that he was a kind of free agent... but sided with the Corleone family.

Are there any other characters out there besides him that could be worthy of a film?

One problem you would run into would be the rights of charatcers, and having to recast roles like that of Don Vito, Tessio, Clemenza, etc...

I just can't see anyone other than Brando or De Niro playing those roles. But who knows... De Niro might be up for it if the script is good, I mean he was in Showtime!

Your thoughts?

Re: If no GF4, how bout a spin-off??? #208720
06/09/04 03:39 PM
06/09/04 03:39 PM
Rhode Island
AllAboutTheFamily Offline
Made Member
AllAboutTheFamily  Offline
Made Member
Rhode Island
Wel.......are you crazy or just always on some sort of illegal substance? I'm kidding, I'm kidding but, for y=the love of God, please, I wish, with every fiber of my being, that there be NO spin off of The Godfather. With different people? NO WAY. With De Nero-NEVER. He would never be part of such ludacris.

And did you mean the thing about Showtime-because I hope you were joking.

This may sound a little insulting-but please don't take it that way. But having a spin-off of The Godfather just is'nt my cup of tea.

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners then cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun."-Billy Joel
Re: If no GF4, how bout a spin-off??? #208721
06/09/04 03:45 PM
06/09/04 03:45 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
If a GF4 is made, I'm sure it will have some sort of backstory on some of the minor characters from GF 1 and 2 telling us how they got where they were, but the last thing the trilogy needs is a spinoff. That would quickly kill the greatness of the movies. Leave spinoffs to tv shows and soap operas.

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: If no GF4, how bout a spin-off??? #208722
06/10/04 09:28 AM
06/10/04 09:28 AM
New Market, MD
DeathByClotheshanger Offline OP
Underboss
DeathByClotheshanger  Offline OP
Underboss
New Market, MD
I meant that if De Niro starred in a dirt loaf like Showtime, he should definitely be up for a GF spin-off if done right.

And you mean to tell me that you wouldn't go see a movie about Luca Brasi? Even if the cast, script, and director were top notch?

It wouldn't even have to mention the Godfather.

Re: If no GF4, how bout a spin-off??? #208723
06/10/04 10:11 AM
06/10/04 10:11 AM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I don't know. There's been much discussion about GFIV with many against it. I understand the reasons why, but must admit, deep down, I kind of wish there was, even tho, depending on the completed version, it may not turn out as we would want.

Yet, I think taking a character/s from the GF series and telling his/their story might be a good idea. Instead of continuing or dwelling on the Corleone saga, tell the story of another character, or another of the families. We all like these kinds of movies, and a story about a character we know from the series might be interesting. Most likely if this were to happen, some reference likely would be made to the Corleones, but the story wouldn't have to be a "continuation" of GF saga.

As far as actors, I'm sure there are many very capable actors that would do well. It's just hard for us to imagine when we think in terms of the GF. Thinking in terms of a "new" story is the way to look at it.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: If no GF4, how bout a spin-off??? #208724
06/10/04 10:25 AM
06/10/04 10:25 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Here's an idea for a spinoff - 'Fredo's New World'. Begins immediately after Fredo's murder and we see his spirit ready to enter the pearly gates...only to be turned away by St. Peter who says, 'Sorry, son...not only were you by birth member of a powerful crime organization, but you betrayed your brother and now must pay the price. Since you were just too stupid in life to be capable of TRUE evil, you are saved from the flames of Hell. BUT...you must spend 40 years in pergatory atoning for your faults, learning from your mistakes...at the end of which time you will be re-evaluated for entry into God's Kingdom. And remember...this ain't no fishing trip, one Hail Mary just won't do the trick.

Followed by a series of delightful yet touching adventures and mishaps by which Fredo gradually redeams himself ... just in time to greet kid brother Michael once he's dropped dead in that tomato garden.

The two brothers embrace, this time with not tension, no anymosity, no jealousy...and walk hand in hand through St. Peters gate.

Wait, let me put it another way.

I would rather see them make a GFIV, GFV, and GFVI before accepting the idea of a 'spinoff' (not to mention one about Luca Brasi).

And I think most on the Board know how I feel about a GFIV.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: If no GF4, how bout a spin-off??? #208725
06/11/04 07:18 AM
06/11/04 07:18 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
I don't think it's such a bad idea Deathbyclotheshanger. We're probably in a minority here though. I'd rather accept a spin off than another sequel.

So die all who betray Giuliano

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull