GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Brovelli, JCrusher, 1 invisible), 142 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,815
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,300
Posts1,058,171
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
My Basic GF IV Outline #208383
12/21/03 09:15 PM
12/21/03 09:15 PM
Washington, DC
Valadius Offline OP
Capo
Valadius  Offline OP
Capo
Washington, DC
Here's the first installment of my basic outline for GF IV, with more to come:

First scene is Michael's funeral in Sicily. All remaining family members are there, including Vincent. Vincent has charges piling up against him in court back in the states, and he's lost now without Michael. The Corleone Family is in disarray. One by one his uncle's old associates were either killed or sent to jail. He reflects on the stories Michael told him over the years about growing up with Vincent's father, Sonny...

(We hear a voice-over of Al Pacino starting his story, and then we cut to...) a young Sonny Corleone, in the 20's. We have the scene where Sonny finds Tom Hagen in the street and brings him home. Vito takes pity on him and adopts him as his own son. A storyline concerning Vito taking care of the people who ruined his newly-adopted son's life ensues.

Cut back to 1997. Vincent is on trial for some mafia-related charges. The trial is begins smoothly, and then his half-brother Santino Jr. shows up. Santino Jr. had always resented Vincent, but now he came to Vincent for his help. He had made some bad deals with the Cubans down in Miami, and now turns to Vincent to bail him out. Vincent doesn't completely trust him, but decides to take his half-brother under his wing and teach him the finer points of the family business.

Cut back to a teenage Sonny, sometime around 1932. The Don has been building up his power slowly, but it soon appears that there will be a full-scale mafia war. Vito decides that it is now time to tell his oldest son about the family business. He explains the essence of the Corleone Family, and starts him out by giving him a small-time job, tailing a powerful member of another family, to try to pick up any information about his associates, hangouts, etc. He tells his father that the man liked to frequent a certain restaurant in the Bronx. The Don thanks and congratulates his son on a good job. The next day, Sonny watches as the man is killed outside this restaurant. He realizes that he helped kill this man, and comes to terms with it. He is now a cold-blooded killer.

Re: My Basic GF IV Outline #208384
12/21/03 09:27 PM
12/21/03 09:27 PM
Owen Offline
Underboss
Owen  Offline
Underboss
Thats not a bad idea. I am still opposed to a GF4, but that would make a good storyline for a movie, I think if you can write a good story like that for GF4 you would do a great job writing other movies. So keep it up.

Jerry: Ah, you're crazy.
Cosmo Kramer: Am I? Or am I so sane that you just blew your mind?
Re: My Basic GF IV Outline #208385
12/23/03 08:05 PM
12/23/03 08:05 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
I have begun writing a GF4 script (along with half of this board) and I like your approach,mine's a little diffrent, I'm not including Vinnie, mine will focus on the first true Corleone generation. Good ideas though

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: My Basic GF IV Outline #208386
12/24/03 12:38 AM
12/24/03 12:38 AM
Washington, DC
Valadius Offline OP
Capo
Valadius  Offline OP
Capo
Washington, DC
Second installment of my GF IV outline:

Cut back to 1997. Vincent goes to Miami to try to bail out Santino Jr. Vincent, Santino Jr. and Vincent's men arrive at the hotel (I'd like it to be the Sheraton Bal Harbour) and Vincent and his men retire for the night. But Santino Jr. sneaks out into the night, and calls a cab to take him into downtown Miami. We do not see where he goes, as we cut to Vincent waking up with a start, very obviously alone in his bed, right before dawn. He weeps for Mary, closes his eyes, and a series of flashbacks from GF III are shown, such as parts of the "Hey cuz" scene and the scene in Vincent's kitchen. He opens his eyes with the sun now coming over the horizon, and says a few lines as if he were talking to Mary about how he had always loved her and never cared for another woman, that there was a hole in his heart that nothing could fill.

I'll have more soon, but already have come up with a perfect ending, at least in my opinion- Vincent is sent to jail, to life in prison, and the final sequence shows Vincent looking out of the window of his high-security prison cell (the cell has four walls and a door, no bars except on the window), the light on his face, with the music of Michael's Theme playing, and cutting to a view behind Vincent, directly outside of his cell, as the door is slowly closed, a la the end of GF I, and right before the door is shut, we cut back to the previous view of Vincent, who bows his head when the door is closed, and then black. Roll credits. I'll be writing the rest of the outline at least over the next two weeks, so stay tuned.

Re: My Basic GF IV Outline #208387
01/08/04 10:39 AM
01/08/04 10:39 AM
Spring, TX
Cross De Lena Offline
Made Member
Cross De Lena  Offline
Made Member
Spring, TX
Nice work so far, but remember - one of the most intriguing aspects of GF I - III is that real mafia history is incorporated into the fiction of the Corleone story. Without that, any GFIV version will not fit with the others.
Keep up the good work.

"...And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
- Jules' version of Ezekiel 25:17
Re: My Basic GF IV Outline #208388
02/23/04 07:37 AM
02/23/04 07:37 AM
brighton england
matthew Offline
Associate
matthew  Offline
Associate
brighton england
if i were you i would write a full script for your idea and give it to hollywood you never know

keep your friends close keep your enemies closer (al pacino)
Re: My Basic GF IV Outline #208389
02/23/04 11:48 AM
02/23/04 11:48 AM
London
That Moltisanti kid Offline
Made Member
That Moltisanti kid  Offline
Made Member
London
Valadius. That really is great exactly how i'd of done it. i'd love to play the young sonny.

REMEMBER MICHAEL MONTANA MANCINI
Re: My Basic GF IV Outline #208390
02/25/04 09:33 PM
02/25/04 09:33 PM
I
il capo Offline
Associate
il capo  Offline
I
Associate
Hey, Valadius, you have an excellence 5th sense for making The Godfather part 4. Everything you have typed makes perfect sense and is a perfect plot. However, there's just one small thing that I, as well as numerous family members, personally just wouldn't care to see:

If it is possible, not to incorporate any more of Vincento's and Mary's "fling" for each other. I use the word, "fling", because many believe that Vincent's desire for Mary was no more than that. No where in the Godfather 3 did it even make it appear that Vincent was DEEPLY in love with her. "Confused", "horny", "disrespectful", but not "in love". I mean, he didn't say too much when Michael made him the offer of "Mary or Mafia". Mary, on the other hand, could very well have been, because she was young and naive. She, however, displayed her affection more as a childhood crush.

Plus, I think the whole thing with first cousins/any cousins, is just disgusting. I mean, it's just as disgusting as if it was brother/sister.
Then again, it is hollywood, and anything to bring drama to a movie will do just that.
I KNOW THIS IS SUCH AN INSIGNIFICANT POINT I AM MAKING, but weren't you disgusted, too?
I don't know, it's just me venting.......

By the way, send your script into Hollywood, you never know! It sounds like you would do a better job at writting a PASSIONATE storyline for GF4 than the fools in Hollywood!

Re: My Basic GF IV Outline #208391
02/26/04 12:34 PM
02/26/04 12:34 PM
chicago
Plugged_N_Chicago Offline
Associate
Plugged_N_Chicago  Offline
Associate
chicago
I like what I am reading!! This is my FIRST time here so i hope no one mines my posting. But i have been thinking about the possibilities of a 4th installment for over a year now. This is an excellent premise and great continuity so far...
HELLO ALL!!

WHile the mafia was handling their business in the underworld. The Black gangsters settled beefs within their own communities..also known as the 'Chicago Gang WARS' a story yet to be told....
Re: My Basic GF IV Outline #208392
02/26/04 06:50 PM
02/26/04 06:50 PM
Washington, DC
Valadius Offline OP
Capo
Valadius  Offline OP
Capo
Washington, DC
I think I'm reserving the part of young Sonny for myself, but... I have written out a full scene between Vincent and Lucy Mancini that I will post shortly.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull