GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 125 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,214
Posts1,056,172
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Anthony like Michael... #207811
05/21/03 09:08 AM
05/21/03 09:08 AM
israel
mark00 Offline OP
Wiseguy
mark00  Offline OP
Wiseguy
israel
When michael was young he didnt want to be in the family buisness, and didnt want to be like his father, and anthony was exactly like him.

this could be interesting for gf4, something like : anthony trying to be the head of the family, and vincent fighting him about it...

it appearce anthony got michaels genes...

Re: Anthony like Michael... #207812
05/21/03 07:01 PM
05/21/03 07:01 PM
UK
Family Honour Offline
Underboss
Family Honour  Offline
Underboss
UK
Quote:
Originally posted by mark00:
When michael was young he didnt want to be in the family buisness, and didnt want to be like his father, and anthony was exactly like him.
Yes Mark00, but I think that was where the similarity ended!! I could never envision Anthony as any sort of Family man ever !!
Anthony is a paradox of Michael if you like. In my opinion anyways Kay would never let him near the family business even if he wanted it (unlike Moma Corleone who was a true Italian Mafia wife and accepting of the life of Don Vito and allowed probably unquestioningly for her youngest son to live it!!
Besides I dont think he had 'what it takes' you know what I mean :p

FH

Re: Anthony like Michael... #207813
06/12/03 03:53 PM
06/12/03 03:53 PM
New Olreans
Irish_Consigliere Offline
Wiseguy
Irish_Consigliere  Offline
Wiseguy
New Olreans
Not to mention that Michael didn't really have a choice. If his father was going to be saved Sollozzo had to die. And Michael was the only one who could get close enough to do it. No one was happy about it (least of all Michael), but that's the way it had to be. If Michael hadn't had the motivation that the Sollozzo assasination attempt gave him to join the family he might have ended up teaching math at Dartmouth.

"Come on, Mike, you won. Do you have to wipe out everybody?"
Re: Anthony like Michael... #207814
06/12/03 10:17 PM
06/12/03 10:17 PM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
if we go back to gf2 there is a scene where micheal and anthony are talking and anthony says he wants to go work with mike. i think that if anthony really wants he would do a good gob as head of the family. he may come off as weak like fredo, but ultimatly he is his fathers son. think of the strength he had facing off with his father in gf3. it took a tone of guts to say no to mike. no one says no to mike. anthony might have been the ideal choice when everything is said and done. vincent is too much like sonny, and that will be the downfall of the corleons.

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: Anthony like Michael... #207815
06/12/03 10:38 PM
06/12/03 10:38 PM
Luca's boy Offline
Made Member
Luca's boy  Offline
Made Member
Yeah, but Anthony needed his Mommy to say no, and Kay can say no to Mike.

Re: Anthony like Michael... #207816
06/13/03 02:24 AM
06/13/03 02:24 AM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
it's doesn't matter if kay was in the room, in the end he was still the one who made the choice. he disobayed mike. i think that if mike was still don after mary had been murdered im sure anthony would have tried to help mike avenge her death. he may look and act gay but im sure he is all corleone

"strange things happen all the time, and so it goes and so it goes. and the book says, 'we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us'" - MAGNOLIA
Re: Anthony like Michael... #207817
06/13/03 06:34 AM
06/13/03 06:34 AM
Lexington Park, MD
DaRko Offline
Wiseguy
DaRko  Offline
Wiseguy
Lexington Park, MD
I’m not too sure about having Anthony become the head of the family. Unless there’s some really good storytelling and acting involved it’s gonna take some time to convince me and a lot of others that Anthony is a real threat. I do however, like the idea of Anthony and Vincent fighting over who’s head of the family. Hell, I got ideas about the movie running though my mind right now. By the way, as far as if a Godfather IV should me made I think that it’s a double-edged sword. I would be of course excited to see how it turns out but I can’t picture making another movie without Mario Puzo writing the script. If Anthony is gonna compete for head of the family there better be some extremely good writing involved to get it done.

"If anything in this life is certain; If history has taught us anything, it's that you can kill anyone." -Michael Corleone, The Godfather Part II
Re: Anthony like Michael... #207818
06/13/03 06:46 AM
06/13/03 06:46 AM
toronto
mr. soprano Offline
Underboss
mr. soprano  Offline
Underboss
toronto
let me say this. i don't think that they should have anthony compete with vincent. but i do believe that anthony would probably be a much better don. he seems to be alot like mike, while vincent is alot like sonny. and we all know how sonny turned out. about a godfather four, let me say that i have heard that puzo had started on a script to outline part four. it's old news. all that needs to be done is francis has to look over it, complete it. and poof we have a gf4. the problem is that it will be too overly compared to the first two. i believe if done properly it will turn out great. they just need the right cast, and good plot. bring back robert de niro, figure a way to bring in pacino to tie up the whole series. and try and get pacino to stop shouting his goddamn lines. bring back andy garcia. drop george hamilton and have someone like joe pesci to come in as a consigleri. i know that won't happen but it would definatly put a spin on things. and in terms of having a young sonny forget leo de caprio. have scott caan play the part. if he can give a descent preformance(which would beat out anything leo gives) then it would be good for the movie. not only does he look like a young sonny, but he'll have the last name to back it up. it would also be cool to have someone like james gandolfini in as the don of another family. have a type of sopranos vs godfather type of thing. of course you'd need vincent to loose. but that's another matter.

Re: Anthony like Michael... #207819
06/13/03 10:55 AM
06/13/03 10:55 AM
New Olreans
Irish_Consigliere Offline
Wiseguy
Irish_Consigliere  Offline
Wiseguy
New Olreans
Quote:
Originally posted by mr. soprano:
have scott caan play the part. if he can give a descent preformance(which would beat out anything leo gives) then it would be good for the movie.
I know I'm in the minority here, but I think Leo DiCaprio is agood actor. He was great in What's Eating Gilbert Grape and The Basketball Diaries

"Come on, Mike, you won. Do you have to wipe out everybody?"

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull