GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 64 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,332
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,698
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,500
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,275
Posts1,057,651
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Coppola Talks About Part 4 #206639
04/22/02 08:56 PM
04/22/02 08:56 PM
A brass casket 6 feet undergro...
Joe Gunch Offline OP
Made Member
Joe Gunch  Offline OP
Made Member
If you turn on the commentary on GF Pt 3 and listen to him while the credits are rolling he tells what it would have been about.

"I never keep my enimies close cause i got a perfect view of 'em in my scope, that's close enough."
Re: Coppola Talks About Part 4 #206640
04/22/02 09:20 PM
04/22/02 09:20 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Hey Grunch. We finally meet. From a brass casket, eh? Sally Tessio?

I don't own the DVDs. But i've read the GF Legacy and GF Companion and seen the GF3 A look back. Which is the GF3 commentary.

Does it involve Maranzano, Masseria, Sonny, and Vito in the 30's? And Vincent, Connie, and neri in the 80's?

Re: Coppola Talks About Part 4 #206641
04/23/02 07:02 PM
04/23/02 07:02 PM
Joe Gunch Offline OP
Made Member
Joe Gunch  Offline OP
Made Member
Off the top of my head the only thing i remember him saying is that it would be more similar to Part II. he said it would it feature the rise of the corleone family as one story (in which he said Sonny would be the main character) and a story about an older Vincent running the family

"I never keep my enimies close cause i got a perfect view of 'em in my scope, that's close enough."
Re: Coppola Talks About Part 4 #206642
04/24/02 02:43 AM
04/24/02 02:43 AM
sthlm, Sweden
Alberto_Neri Offline
Capo
Alberto_Neri  Offline
Capo
sthlm, Sweden
The Corleones, lead by Vincent off course, would get into the cocaine business and move alot of its interests down to South America in Colombia...

"After all, we're not communists"
- Barzini
Re: Coppola Talks About Part 4 #206643
04/24/02 12:11 PM
04/24/02 12:11 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
gee another thing to look for....just when you thought you have seen and heard it all ...

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: Coppola Talks About Part 4 #206644
04/24/02 10:47 PM
04/24/02 10:47 PM
Chicago
Daniel Corleone Offline
Underboss
Daniel Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Chicago
Quote:
Originally posted by CamillusDon:
gee another thing to look for....just when you thought you have seen and heard it all ...
HAHAHA, give em a break, newbies

"Life is so beatiful" - Don Vito in The Godfather novel
"My name is Michael Corleone...There are people who'd pay a lot of money for that information" - The Godfather
Re: Coppola Talks About Part 4 #206645
04/26/02 11:59 PM
04/26/02 11:59 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Alberto_Neri:
The Corleones, lead by Vincent off course, would get into the cocaine business and move alot of its interests down to South America in Colombia...
As we've heard in "ANOTHER MOVIE" Pacino hates FILTHY Colombians

What is Garcia, cuban, Colombian,?

Re: Coppola Talks About Part 4 #206646
04/27/02 04:53 AM
04/27/02 04:53 AM
geelong, australia
injektilo* Offline
wizard of aus
injektilo*  Offline
wizard of aus
Underboss
geelong, australia
This is for Ricardo, Apple and anyone else who does not have the DVD trilogy. Buy it, it is the greatest investmane you can make! Anyway, here is my transcript of what FFC says at the end of GF3.

"Mario and I thought, that as we discussed a possible forth film, that the forth film would be much more like the second film, in that it would be told in two time periods, that one time period would be the period in New York, sort of picking up from Godfather two and taking you into the time period of Godfather one. You would see the Corleone family in it's rise to power, and the main character would be Sonny Corleone, and he would be juxtaposed, very much in the way the second godfather was with a modern story, in which the main character would be Vincent Mancini, sonny's son. And his story would be Vincent, of course, in a modern period after this action (GF3), in which he had really become the head of the Corleone Family, but it had gone into a realm of cocaine and a dangerous relationship, with this tremendous drug trade, but there would be two storys of what Mario called the happy years, which was the story of the Corleone faminly coming into power and would be Don Corleone as played by Marlon Brando reaching his Zentih tAnd at the same time the story of the rise, the story of the fall of the family in a modern context, almost in a story starring Vincent Mancini, with the haunting he had, of this love that he lost, and his ultimate hunting down, almost like a pabloesque (SP) bar on the landscape of Columbia, in which they are hunting down this last gangsta mogul. And there would be one more scene with Vincent and the old Michael Corleone, which ironically had happened really earlier than his death scene at the end. So it would be a movie sort of like GF2, that would interpose the rise of the family before WW2 and the destruction of the family and the person of Vincent Mancini, but ultimately, we never really laid out the script, although there are parts of the old section, the period before WW2, but the new section was never worked on. And Mario Puzo unfortunately died, before any oppurtunity was made to have him work on the script with me."

Re: Coppola Talks About Part 4 #206647
04/29/02 11:57 PM
04/29/02 11:57 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally posted by injektilo:
This is for Ricardo, Apple and anyone else who does not have the DVD trilogy. Buy it, it is the greatest investmane you can make! Anyway, here is my transcript of what FFC says at the end of GF3.
THANK YOU!!!

I've heard bits and pieces of this elsewhere.

The Father Vito Rise-Son Michael Fall story is imitated in the Father Sonny Rise-Son Vincent story!

I think Vito would STILL be the main character though, but Sonny would DEFINITELY be a Best Supporting Actor role! After all, Sonny was only 15 during the Castellamare War with Maranzello and Masseria!

To tell the truth, I KNOW Puzo respected FFC, but from his comments about how the Director has final say even if the writer disapproves, i don't think Puzo really liked FFC writing the scripts, I think he preferred Francis the Director, and NOT Francis the Writer!

After all, Puzo writes The Godfather Novel, FFC cuts 1/3 of it, and change sbits here and there, CUTS one of Puzos' Favorite scenes (Fabri's Death). Puzo's Novel also contains the early part of Gf2, and a scene from after the Baptism but before the Communion that sets up things to come. I believe that Puzo came up with the Roth sets up Clemenza, Clemenza and Cicci testify, BUT brother Domenick Clemenza (From The Sicilian) appears in court to discourage Peter from ratting. Rather than Mike having Clemenza whacked, Clemenza does the honorable thing and slits his wrists. Kay leaves Mike. Thats' the PERFECT Sequel and END to a Great Series! BUT Castellano won't come back, Peter's role becomes Frank Pentangelli, Domenick becomes Vincenzo Pentangelli. Kay STILL leaves, and Anthony stays with Mike (Just in case Puzo is ever bothered about Mike's son and GF3 twenty years down the road!) Puzo originaly had the 30's after the 20's as well, there was no Ciccio, so no reason for the movie to end with him killing Ciccio. FFC says "We can't do the 30's to expensive, too long!") Puzo changes Antonio Andolini killing Ciccio to Ciccio killing Antonio Andolini, thus the movie can end with Vito killing Cicico rather than the Castellamre War, Irish War, etc.

Puzo based the Five families hits on teh REAL LIFe factas. In the 1950's TWO NY DOns were murdered, Albert Anastasia, and his predecessor Mangano. SO Puzo writes that Barzini and Tattaglia die. He probably plans on having Stracci, Bocchicchio, Cuneo in GF2. Why else would Cuneo's son pop up in GF3. Puzo was dismayed and never wrote in another Five families in GF2. Only Pentangelli, and The Rosatos. At least when they hit Cuneo, it was ina barber shop (The Anastasia Hit). The Five familes Commission didn't DIE in the 50's, FFC's next attempt at wiping out the WHOEL Commission (Helicipter GF3) Didn't go down well either! Puzo had written a LITTLe about Batista and Neri staying at the Family hotel in Cuba to establish the Havan stroyline for GF2!

Moe Greene was based on Bugsy Siegel who died in 1947. Carlo, Fabrizzio, and Tessio died becasue that was the fitting way to end the story. Puzo is angered that FFC didn't let him kill off Fabri in GF1, and writes the same scene into the second movie. FFC changes it to death by carbomb, then CUTS it.

So after 10 years away from GF2. After releasing Fols Die, and The Sicilian...Mario gets to writing a GF3! He remembers leaving Anthoyn with Mike, and sets it up with Mike being killed by a mailbomb from a Rival Family (Barzini's Son), and there is a suspected Family traitor. Anthony, and Santino Junior, are in The Family. Anthony falls in love with a Newsreported (Grace Hamilton) who secretly works for the CIA, they get Anthony to hit Barzini's Son (a MAJOR Druglord) to avenge Mike. Anthony doesn't go through with the hit. CIA try to kill Anthony but Tom dies instead! We later find out that Santino Junior is The Family traitor and set up the amilbomb with Barzini Junior. When Anthony finds out he murders Santino. (Echoing Mike being good until he is forced to kill to avnge his Father!) Thats' how Puzo ends the Trilogy.

Later on, Paramount decides to go through with this movie. Puzo adds on, Willy Cicci is whacked by Leo Cuneo to avenge HIS Father, Cuneo earns Mike's respect, Rosato's are whacked by Santino to help out Cuneo. Victor Rizzi is in Attica and vows to avenge the killing of his father. It turns out he ordered the hit with Santino on Mike.

Puzo writes an alternate script just in case. Connie knows about Fredo, she confronts Neri, Neri confesses to helping Fredo, Roth, Rocco, Ola Hit Mike in 1958. Connie blackmails him into poisoning hi scofee, after Mike dies, Neri is whacked by Victor. Connie gave the order! Anthony finds out and whacks Victor. He flees to Cuba to hide from Santino, meets Grace, she get shim inyo the CIA, they Hit Santino. Tom and Anthony "live" ahppily ever after. But there's still COnnie to worry about......

FFC says "We need Mike as a main character". Puzo changes it so Anthony is killed instead of Mike. (The death of a son which led to Mary's death). FFC: We need Anthony as another character.

Duvall can't come back so Puzo makes Tom get killed. Spinell dies, the Cicci/Cuneo line is gone. FFC doesn't think Tony Lucatorto (Santino Junior) is good enough actor to hold such an important role. FFC changes Santino Junior to Vincent Mancini. Puzo thinks Fans will feel ripped off after he explained how Lucy COULDn'T get pregnant, but Paramount backs the Mancini decision. Puzo writes out Sonny's other children, and write sin Lucy Mancini and Jules Segal.

FFC says NO Jules, and Lucy need s abit part only. Puzo writes tehm out. FFC says "No Tom, we need a Consigliere". Puzo writes in the "CLose Family member" Dom Abbandando (even though Gencio had TWO DAUGHTERS), and legal man B.J. Harrison. FFC writes them down, and emphasizes the daughter, Mary. Changes CIA to Vatican. Puzo writes in VIncenzo Pentangelli to kill Mike. he is replaced with Mosca. Mary is UPPED bigtime to fall in love with Vincent. Grace is written down, and saved for a future sequel. FFC says " NO more Sequels!" Puzo writes out Grace, bu tFFC writes Grace back in. Puzo writes Opera scene, and rest of movie. Mike is killed at the Opera in front of his family (Dom, Kay, Anthony, Mary, Dom, Andrew, B.J., Neri, Vincent, etc.). NO FFC thinks Mike deserve worse, and amkes Mary die!. Mike dies some years later in Sicily, during the funeral procession Connie confronts Neri about Fredo and the Hitmen. We find out Conni eblackmailed Neri into poisoning Mike! FFC writes the funeral out for length reasons. Then they need filler. Puzo writes in Family traitor Don Altobello, and Joe Colombo charcter Joey Zasa.

The rest is History.

Puzo DID wrie another script, he just hasn't shown FFC ait yet!

Re: Coppola Talks About Part 4 #206648
05/02/02 10:38 PM
05/02/02 10:38 PM
Long Island, NY
deathkiss Offline
Underboss
deathkiss  Offline
Underboss
Long Island, NY
Coppola's vinyard was featured on Good Morning America. His crops looked good and he selling a lot of the ole bubbly. Darn! that's not a good sign that he need to do GF IV!

Send the car for me too, mama
Re: Coppola Talks About Part 4 #206649
05/06/02 11:17 AM
05/06/02 11:17 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by injektilo:
This is for Ricardo, Apple and anyone else who does not have the DVD trilogy. Buy it, it is the greatest investmane you can make! Anyway, here is my transcript of what FFC says at the end of GF3....
It's always such a BLAST to be surfing around in different topics out of boredom (when fellow members seem to be sleeping late, or maybe working )...and suddenly seeing my Screen Name pop up out of nowhere!!

Anyway, thanks fore the recommendation injektilo, you're not the first to encourage purchase of DVD trilogy. However, without a DVD player I gather it's kind've useless, and with a pre-school aged child running around, my priority at this point is investing toward a camcorder!!

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Coppola Talks About Part 4 #206650
05/09/02 06:02 PM
05/09/02 06:02 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[quote]Originally posted by injektilo:
[b]This is for Ricardo, Apple and anyone else who does not have the DVD trilogy. Buy it, it is the greatest investmane you can make! Anyway, here is my transcript of what FFC says at the end of GF3....
It's always such a BLAST to be surfing around in different topics out of boredom (when fellow members seem to be sleeping late, or maybe working )...and suddenly seeing my Screen Name pop up out of nowhere!!

Anyway, thanks fore the recommendation injektilo, you're not the first to encourage purchase of DVD trilogy. However, without a DVD player I gather it's kind've useless, and with a pre-school aged child running around, my priority at this point is investing toward a camcorder!!

Apple[/b][/quote]As soon as we get a DVD Player, the very FIRST thing getting rented is The Godfather Trilogy, followed by saving 65$ and BUYING The Trilogy!

Re: Coppola Talks About Part 4 #206651
05/10/02 04:57 AM
05/10/02 04:57 AM
geelong, australia
injektilo* Offline
wizard of aus
injektilo*  Offline
wizard of aus
Underboss
geelong, australia
OK then. Lets start a Ricardo and Apple DVD player fund. We will all pass around the hat, then failing that, organise a charity benefit concert, with the aim of raising the money for them.

Surely no one should be without the DVD box set!

Think if all 1060 members put in $1 each, we would have change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it asap guys! It rocks!

Re: Coppola Talks About Part 4 #206652
05/10/02 12:25 PM
05/10/02 12:25 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
I am truly touched.

But please...give the DVD to Ricardo, I'm sure he'd get MUCH more use out of it than I would.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Coppola Talks About Part 4 #206653
05/10/02 06:15 PM
05/10/02 06:15 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
I am truly touched.

But please...give the DVD to Ricardo, I'm sure he'd get MUCH more use out of it than I would.

Apple
Ys, I agree, it would hav ebeen a Nuice Mother's Day Gift tho.

I'll but the Set i just need someone to buy the DVD Player

I'd be content with the Video Trilogy but its out-of-Print!

I'll have to settle for taping teh Saga next time its on. it has MORE Scenes anyway.

A GOOD Editor could even repleace the Edited scenes with ther UnCut scenes. I'd get to see Moe Greene's bloody eye AND the other great TV scenes. I'd dub Geary's F*ing Family over Filthy Family.

The Only edited movie i dever contemplat ebuyng is Goosdfellas, BEst EDITINg EVER! You can't even tell they;re reall syaing f This, F That!

Re: Coppola Talks About Part 4 #206654
07/06/02 03:26 AM
07/06/02 03:26 AM
J
jackson Offline
Made Member
jackson  Offline
J
Made Member
I for one, truly hope there is not another Godfather film made following the death of author, Mario Puzo. I feel this chapter of wishing for a fourth film should now be over.

Re: Coppola Talks About Part 4 #206655
07/06/02 03:37 PM
07/06/02 03:37 PM
Long Island, NY
deathkiss Offline
Underboss
deathkiss  Offline
Underboss
Long Island, NY
I think FFC is a better screen adapter than attempting to tell an orginal story. Lets face it, All of his big screen successes are stories that he adapted from novels, ( Patton, Hearts of Darkness, Godfather, and Rainmaker). Puzo should have written the continuation in a novel, and FFC would adapted it into a movie.

Send the car for me too, mama
Re: Coppola Talks About Part 4 #206656
07/09/02 05:11 PM
07/09/02 05:11 PM
lorain ohio
D
dominic columbia Offline
Associate
dominic columbia  Offline
D
Associate
lorain ohio
I don't think there will ever be a Godfather IV....Why should there be...FFC is too busy now with his winery...I think it would never match the first two films

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull