GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 112 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,191
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
nothing's over til we say it is! #206485
02/27/02 01:31 PM
02/27/02 01:31 PM
Cleveland,OH
T
ted1079 Offline OP
Associate
ted1079  Offline OP
T
Associate
Cleveland,OH
How about the revenge factor? Vincent & Michael don't lash out at SOMEBODY for Mary's death? C'mon.
And how does the Kay/Michael/Anthony relationship change with Mary's death?
And what happens to the deal for control of the Immobiliere?
The fall of the Soviet Union/the rise of the internet/the rise of religious extremism/

Connie's role/death.
What does Vincent become?

And the flashback potiental- Michael;or DeNiro as the Don 1935-1945 in NYC;the Luca Brasi story;Sonny Fredo Michael & Connie as kids/teens...

the possibilites are there...

Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206486
02/27/02 07:51 PM
02/27/02 07:51 PM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
wow, Ted you have asked a mouth full...Well folks, what do you say?

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206487
02/28/02 03:05 PM
02/28/02 03:05 PM
Great, let me repeat that, Gre...
D
Don Noledge Offline
Underboss
Don Noledge  Offline
D
Underboss
Great, let me repeat that, Gre...
The part about revenge for Mary is pointless as everyone who was involved (Altobello, Mosca, Keinsig, Luchessi and the Archbishop) were killed at the end of GF3, so who would they go after? Donkey Boy?

I think one lesson Michael learns in GF3 is that theres no end to the violence in the mob world, so him seeking revenge for Mary would create more bloodshed "they hit us, so we hit 'em back" type of talk...

noledge

"If you win you win. If you lose you still win. Theres no way you can lose." Joey - Raging Bull
Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206488
03/01/02 10:20 AM
03/01/02 10:20 AM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally posted by ted1079:
How about the revenge factor? Vincent & Michael don't lash out at SOMEBODY for Mary's death? C'mon.
And how does the Kay/Michael/Anthony relationship change with Mary's death?
And what happens to the deal for control of the Immobiliere?
The fall of the Soviet Union/the rise of the internet/the rise of religious extremism/

Connie's role/death.
What does Vincent become?

And the flashback potiental- Michael;or DeNiro as the Don 1935-1945 in NYC;the Luca Brasi story;Sonny Fredo Michael & Connie as kids/teens...

the possibilites are there...
Donkey Boy is the only living person responsible for the death UNLESS... we find out in GF4, that somebody else higher up controlled Luchesi, Altobello, Mosca, Pope John, Archbishop Gilday, Keinszig, Zasa and MORE! Maybe the son of Barzini or someone, John Tattaglia? Frank Hagen. Jules Segal. Fontane. WHOEVER. Ciccio's grandson!

Kay blames Mike for Mary's death, of course! But they might repair their relationship. Mike could retre to sicily, where Anthony performs monthly at palermo. Kay could move to Sicilia. Mike controls Immobilaire of course, but instead of Vincent taking over, Dominic Abbandando controls Immobilaire. The fall of Communism and red Mafia of course. But NOT internet and religious stuff.

Connie dies in 80's, victor Rizzi takes over.
Vincent becomes the black sheep. Don of Fallen Empire.

Michael;or DeNiro as the Don 1935-1945 in NYC?

how was mike don in 1935? Deniro most likely. Luca Brasi story sounds cool. Made for TV movie, rated R, edited for sex, language, and violence to become PG for afternoon viewing.

Mike taps a cheerleader, sound scool

Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206489
03/04/02 01:54 AM
03/04/02 01:54 AM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
If nature abhors a vacuum, Mafia abhors vacuums more. Can't just leave the Corleone empire and Immobiliare adrift. And Vincent wasn't anointed as "Don Corleone" so he could walk away from all that just because Mary died and Michael lost heart. Possible logical sequence: Vincent pursues Corleone investment in Vatican bank and control of Immobiliare. But Vincent can't do it alone. He enlists Anthony, who realizes he can't escape his destiny (and has his opera career nipped in the bud because of the scandal attached to his debut in Palermo). So, with Vincent's Sonny-like muscle and Anthony's years in law school, they soldier on. Connie becomes de facto consigliere.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206490
03/04/02 06:04 PM
03/04/02 06:04 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
It's a start.

I think Abbandando should take over the LEGAL aspect. Vincent just likes to kill people. He's bound to be assassinated like his father!

Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206491
03/04/02 06:34 PM
03/04/02 06:34 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
A GF IV? Why not?! Besides all the great themes and twists you Wise Guys have already covered, there are so many possibilities and previously unheard of conflicts the Corleones could face in the 21st Century: rich-but-punk gangbangers, foreign terrorists who inadvertently "muscle-in" on Corleone turf (who WOULDN'T wanna see the Corleone's vendetta against THAT type?!), powerful corporations butting in, etc. etc. etc. Besides, there's a whole new generation of great actors we could see strut their stuff!

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206492
03/04/02 07:03 PM
03/04/02 07:03 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
pardon the language but...the Spicks and N!ggers could finally take over. Nobody ever bothered killing the Zasa/Zaluchi/Barzini/Woltz/Rosato black soldiers. They'll be "Moving on up!"...

Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206493
04/13/02 05:48 PM
04/13/02 05:48 PM
Georgia
Jade Offline
Made Member
Jade  Offline
Made Member
Georgia
I hope there is a Godfather Part IV. I like the idea of Anthony going into the "Family." That would cool especially after he said he'd never get involved in the "business."

People can change!
"A f****in jerk like me. Never had nothing in my life. That's not John Gotti. At least I hope that's not me. Maybe I see myself in a light that I'm not in, I don't know."-John Gotti about greed
"We only kill each other."-Benjamin Siegel
"There's no such thing as good money or bad money. There's only money."-Lucky LucianO
R.I.P Mr. Gotti
Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206494
04/13/02 07:06 PM
04/13/02 07:06 PM
Indiana
D
Don Munoz Offline
Button
Don Munoz  Offline
D
Button
Indiana
Just like Michael said, in GF part 1.

"You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone."
- Al Capone (1899-1947)
Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206495
04/13/02 07:21 PM
04/13/02 07:21 PM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline
Underboss
MobbingForMoney  Offline
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Munoz:
Just like Michael said, in GF part 1.
Yeah then Anthony's son say it,then his son,and then his son........

Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206496
04/14/02 07:42 AM
04/14/02 07:42 AM
The Last Don Offline
Made Member
The Last Don  Offline
Made Member
Quote:
Originally posted by MobbingForMoney:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Munoz:
[b]Just like Michael said, in GF part 1.
Yeah then Anthony's son say it,then his son,and then his son........[/b][/quote]then his daughter lol
we need a female don
hehehe

"You go to law courts and wait for months. You spend money on lawyers who know full well you are to be made a fool of. You accept judgement from a judge who sells himself like the worst whore in the streets. Years gone by when you needed money, you went to banks and paid ruinous interest, waited hat in hand like a beggar while they sniffed around, poked their noses up your very asshole to make sure you could pay them back" Don Corleone to Bonasera from Godfather Novel
Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206497
04/15/02 08:53 PM
04/15/02 08:53 PM
Georgia
Jade Offline
Made Member
Jade  Offline
Made Member
Georgia
Yeah how about a female don? I'll be in Godfather Part 4 and I can play the female don or if they need someone to play a psychologist, I could play that part. Vincent, Anthony, or anybody from the "Mafia" could come in for help. I've done dramatic acting before (I played Juliet, in a class production of Romeo and Juliet, hey that's dramatic).

People can change!
"A f****in jerk like me. Never had nothing in my life. That's not John Gotti. At least I hope that's not me. Maybe I see myself in a light that I'm not in, I don't know."-John Gotti about greed
"There's no such thing as good money or bad money. There's only money."-Lucky LucianO
R.I.P Mr. Gotti
Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206498
04/16/02 03:30 AM
04/16/02 03:30 AM
The Last Don Offline
Made Member
The Last Don  Offline
Made Member
dramatic acting lol

female don campaign lolz

"You go to law courts and wait for months. You spend money on lawyers who know full well you are to be made a fool of. You accept judgement from a judge who sells himself like the worst whore in the streets. Years gone by when you needed money, you went to banks and paid ruinous interest, waited hat in hand like a beggar while they sniffed around, poked their noses up your very asshole to make sure you could pay them back" Don Corleone to Bonasera from Godfather Novel
Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206499
04/16/02 04:17 PM
04/16/02 04:17 PM
Georgia
Jade Offline
Made Member
Jade  Offline
Made Member
Georgia
Oh yeah, it was dramatic acting!

People can change!
R.I.P Mr. Gotti
Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206500
04/21/02 01:20 PM
04/21/02 01:20 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
If nature abhors a vacuum, Mafia abhors vacuums more. Can't just leave the Corleone empire and Immobiliare adrift. And Vincent wasn't anointed as "Don Corleone" so he could walk away from all that just because Mary died and Michael lost heart. Possible logical sequence: Vincent pursues Corleone investment in Vatican bank and control of Immobiliare. But Vincent can't do it alone. He enlists Anthony, who realizes he can't escape his destiny (and has his opera career nipped in the bud because of the scandal attached to his debut in Palermo). So, with Vincent's Sonny-like muscle and Anthony's years in law school, they soldier on. Connie becomes de facto consigliere.
Hmm sounds like a Puzo script from the GF Companion

Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206501
04/28/02 10:49 PM
04/28/02 10:49 PM
Georgia
Jade Offline
Made Member
Jade  Offline
Made Member
Georgia
I have an idea for the beginning of the movie. In the beginning of Godfather 4, Anthony could be talking about his father, grandfather's, and sister's death. Then they show a court room and he talks about Vincent's imprisonment. He'll start talking about how he must take over the "family" to continue the "family tradition." The next scene it could show Kay telling him how he shouldn't continue the "Sicilian thing,"how he should have learned from his cousin, father, and grandfather's mistakes. Then just like Micheal did in Godfather 2, Anthony slaps Kay! Proving that he is just a ruthless as his father because he slapped his own mother.

People can change!
R.I.P Mr. Gotti
Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206502
04/29/02 09:16 AM
04/29/02 09:16 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by MobbingForMoney:
...then his son,and then his son........
...and then his son, then his illegitimate nephew, then his son, then his son, then his daughter & only child (by then, females probably wont' be bypassed in the line of succession), then her son...

And on & on...until everyone's satisfied w/ the ending. Which of course, will never happen. :rolleyes:

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206503
04/29/02 09:37 AM
04/29/02 09:37 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
:sigh:

I don't understand this fascination with prolonging the Corleone Family saga. The argument over whether Vito or Michael was the "Godfather" notwithstanding, the story is over!! Let it die, guys.

(This "Godfather" purist will now step off his soapbox).

Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206504
04/29/02 09:34 PM
04/29/02 09:34 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Jade:
I have an idea for the beginning of the movie. In the beginning of Godfather 4, Anthony could be talking about his father, grandfather's, and sister's death. Then they show a court room and he talks about Vincent's imprisonment. He'll start talking about how he must take over the "family" to continue the "family tradition." The next scene it could show Kay telling him how he shouldn't continue the "Sicilian thing,"how he should have learned from his cousin, father, and grandfather's mistakes. Then just like Micheal did in Godfather 2, Anthony slaps Kay! Proving that he is just a ruthless as his father because he slapped his own mother.
Sounds like what I expected in GF3, until FFC turned Anthony into a Wuss. Puzo wouldn't've written in Anthony slaps kay, but if FFC does, he'll just be the most slef-contradicting Writer since 2pac Shakur!

Hey, JGeoff, made this board for a reason, SC. Let us have our fun, we can dream can't we?

I'm NOT for a post-GF3 GF4, i'm for the 1930's, 1960's and a LITTLE Bit of the 1980's only enough to see Vicnent get jailed in the 1985 Commission Case. Wouldn't it be weird if Al Neri snitched?

Of COURSE, FFC would bring back people thought to be dead or just plain gone....Calo, Johnny Fontane, Enzo, Barzini Junior, Victor Rizzi, Frank Corleone, Frank Hagen, Gardner Shaw, Fanucci's Grandson, Willy Cicci (oops, Spinell died RIP), Danny Aiello as Anthony Rosato!

Apple, you don't have to worry. NOBODY besides Don NoLedge (WHo seems to have disappeared lately) wants a son of Vincent!. I personally think GF3 should have been Mancini-less, and the character Vicnent was supposed to be (Santino Junior) shouildn't have been in Gf3. I tshould have taken place in 1968, if ony FFC had lef that scene from 1968 in GF2, we wouldn't be having this discussion!

Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206505
04/30/02 08:44 AM
04/30/02 08:44 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo:
...Let us have our fun, we can dream can't we?...
Sure you can. But those of us who feel the story is over and sequel after sequel can do nothing to enhance the legacy are free to have our fun as well.

At least I hope we are....

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206506
05/01/02 11:05 AM
05/01/02 11:05 AM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[quote]Originally posted by Ricardo:
[b]...Let us have our fun, we can dream can't we?...
Sure you can. But those of us who feel the story is over and sequel after sequel can do nothing to enhance the legacy are free to have our fun as well.

At least I hope we are....

Apple[/b][/quote]*reow* Cat Scratch! Start a Anti-GF4 Topic, in this forum! :p What did you think of Gf3, AppleonYa?

Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206507
05/01/02 11:20 AM
05/01/02 11:20 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
...What did you think of Gf3, AppleonYa?
Tried to watch it several times over past few years, haven't yet been able to get through the 1st 30-40 minutes (Insert 'yawn' image here, if only one existed). Seen the rest in bits & pieces of it but not enough to give a really fair opinion. Most of what I have seen, I have not liked.

That should be enough tell you how it compares to GF & GFII in my book.

Apple

PS - By the way, Ricky Ricardo...see other posts in this topic for an indication I am not alone in the 'anti-GF4' camp.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206508
05/01/02 11:41 AM
05/01/02 11:41 AM
Upstate, New York
CamillusDon Offline
CamillusDon  Offline

Upstate, New York
Dream as we might for more...After GFI and GFII everything else is like a twey-five years reunion show... Yes it is like cake without the Iceing.
I think that the fault lies with GFII. It did such a good job following the first film that you would think that everything after it would have the magic that GFII gave us. Time may heal all, but boy does it take it's toll on peoples good looks and trying to recapture great films!

"Well, old friend, are you ready to do me this service?"

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune."
Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206509
05/05/02 12:16 PM
05/05/02 12:16 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally posted by CamillusDon:
Dream as we might for more...After GFI and GFII everything else is like a twey-five years reunion show... Yes it is like cake without the Iceing.
I think that the fault lies with GFII. It did such a good job following the first film that you would think that everything after it would have the magic that GFII gave us. Time may heal all, but boy does it take it's toll on peoples good looks and trying to recapture great films!
I didn't like the reunion idea either! Apple I know you're not alone!

let me put it like this...Who do you blame for GF3's failures...Puzo...FFC...Sophia...Paramount...etc.?

I see it that Puzo is responsible foor creating the Godfather, the story, leading to two 5-Star Classic movies, followed by a subpar, but SUCCESFUL, sequel!

I blame FFC for ruining the Trilogy in GF3, you would have love dPuzo's story, but instead we get FFC dreaming up a Vincent Mancini, etc.

You wouldn't know this (Novel, of course!) but Lucy mancini is incapable of getting pregnnat, so....there's one mistake. Vincent Mancini was ORIGINAlly Santino Corleone Junior!

Anyway, I'm a fan of the book, the STORY, the STROEIS behind the three movies, and POSSIBLY a fourth.

You PROABBLY prefer FFC's story having never read Puzo's. You MIGHT think that FFC is responsible for writing two CLassic Movies, when in actuality FFC was merely a RE-writer who changed only a FEW things from Puzo's scripts, but he got the fame for writing half o fthe scripts. We saw how good a WRITER FFC actually is in FFC. He took apart Puzo's script piece-by-piece and ruined the Third Movie. Puzo wa sso pissed he wrotw a Fourth script, in a last dicth attempt to finsih teh story the wasy he wanted that FFC wiuldn't let him in GF3!

What's YOUR opinion?

Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206510
05/06/02 09:10 AM
05/06/02 09:10 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
...You wouldn't know this (Novel, of course!) but Lucy mancini is incapable of getting pregnnat, so....
Sure I would know it. Just from being a member of this board since August 2001, I know alot of things about the novel that aren't indicated in the films (thank goodness). Like I've said before, a few more months and I'll probably never even have to pick up the book, will know the whole story thanks to you & others.

Quote:
...What's YOUR opinion?
On GF3? See my earlier post above.

On FFC, Puzo, and the novel? It's apparent that GF3 is based NOT on the novel, but on the two films that came before it, part of which were again, not based on the novel, but original screenplay. FFC & Puzo co-wrote (not RE-wrote) all three, but Puzo deferred on GF3, feeling that it was FFC's baby not his. Whatever the quality of the final product, Puzo was right. GF3 was FFC's baby.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: nothing's over til we say it is! #206511
05/09/02 06:21 PM
05/09/02 06:21 PM
Upstate New York
Ricardo Offline
Underboss
Ricardo  Offline
Underboss
Upstate New York
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
[quote]Originally posted by Ricardo:
[b]...You wouldn't know this (Novel, of course!) but Lucy mancini is incapable of getting pregnnat, so....
Sure I would know it. Just from being a member of this board since August 2001, I know alot of things about the novel that aren't indicated in the films (thank goodness). Like I've said before, a few more months and I'll probably never even have to pick up the book, will know the whole story thanks to you & others.

Quote:
...What's YOUR opinion?
On GF3? See my earlier post above.

On FFC, Puzo, and the novel? It's apparent that GF3 is based NOT on the novel, but on the two films that came before it, part of which were again, not based on the novel, but original screenplay. FFC & Puzo co-wrote (not RE-wrote) all three, but Puzo deferred on GF3, feeling that it was FFC's baby not his. Whatever the quality of the final product, Puzo was right. GF3 was FFC's baby.

Apple[/b][/quote]Oh yeah, You proably DO know most if the Book by now.....try Last Don.

As for Co-Wrote, they OFFICILAYY Co-Wrote it, but Physically it's obvious that Part 1 is at least 85% Puzo's Book, FFC came up with the ideas of whacking Cuneo/Stracci writing Bocchicchio/Panza/Tramonti/Forlenza, etc. out of the movie. He wrotwe out Nino/Jules,a nd downsized Johny and Lucy by about 300%! Jack Woltz was downsized, as was Luca Brasi. Thos echanges were for the better. The only part of GF1 that doesn't seem to agree with the book, is that Luca is NOT scary in gf1! Oh yeah, I beleive FFC CReated Willy Cicci for all the Checch fans.!

GF2 the early years are 50% Puzo's Book, but the Ciccio/Andolini plot were made by either Puzo/FFC and were for the BETTER!

Puzo had originall yintedned for Cleemnza to snitch and his brothe rfrom Sicily to come and shame him. Puzo fans later found out in The Sicilian about Domenick Clemenza/Vincenzo Pentangelli.

Roth is Lansky-like, that only PuZo himself could have came up with it. FFC preffered the Family/Emotion aspect, while Puzo preffered the killing/sex/Mafia aspect. He came up with the Cuba deals. As for Fredo's Turn that may have been FFC, but one thingsfor sure, ROcco and Neri's invovlement were Puzo's idea as later proved in his GF3 script. Cicci's turn MAY have been FFC's idea, but The Rosatos/Gallos were Puzo's idea, Kay leaving Mike was touched on at the end of the Novel (Puzo's idea).

FFC changed at leat Half of GF3 script, that MAY be the main reason it doesn't holda candle to the others. I won't get into detail on his changes again, see above!

P.S. I seem to have forgotten how to tyoe, :p

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull