To All:

I"ve finished the first Novel in a 3 Book Series called : Mob Girls: Genesis. I'm hoping to find a few people with more experience/real-world knowledge than mine to look at a few chapters from the book and share ideas about: authenticity / believable characters / believable action / historical fit / etc.

I've included the blurb/synopsis and the disclaimer for the book below to help give you some idea of the focus and subject matter of the book. I will be happy to answer any questions you might have. I will provide a free copy of the paperback, following publishing, for anyone who provides help/comments/review.

If you're interested please let me know. I'll make arrangements to get you a few chapters and if you feel like reading the whole thing, I can get you that as well. (117,000 words - roughly 400 pages.)

Thanks so much in advance for your intersest.

Steve Pustay

Mob Girls: Genesis

Synopsis:
Ayn Barese, eldest of identical triplets born to Nicolo and Mary Rose Barese, uncovers a secret threat to her family’s privileged lifestyle. Nicky Santino Barese has agreed with the Federal Prosecutor in Cleveland, Ohio to turn states’ evidence. He will abandon his wife and children, enter witness protection, and violate the blood-oath sworn to his Youngstown Mafia family. Ayn holds the truth close to her heart until she is certain that there is only one way forward.
Ayn must persuade sisters Aurora and Amelia to join a devil’s bargain to save her family and do the unthinkable. Nicky Barese must be stopped and the family business saved.

Foreword / Disclaimer

Beginning in the 1960s and for several decades to follow the history of the city of Youngstown, Ohio was colored by the violence, murder, and bombings that resulted from a Mob War fought between rival organizations in Cleveland and Pittsburgh. A Saturday Evening Post article written at the time would give a new name to the city of steel that was cradled by the Mahoning River. ‘Crimetown USA’ stuck and so many car bombs exploded during that year, that a local DJ began running public service ads asking for the bombings to end.

The characters in Mob Girls including; Lenny Strollo, Charlie Carabbia, Orlie Carabbia, Ronnie Carabbia, John Scalish, James Licavoli, Danny Greene, Paul Castellano, and Federal Prosecutor, and Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani are historical figures. Though not mentioned by name in the book, James Trafficant of Youngstown, Ohio is referenced as well. All of the dialogue and interactions of these characters with the other characters in the book is entirely fictional and imagined and does not and is not meant to depict in any way the actual history of their lives or the history of the city.

All other characters are fictional and are not meant to resemble any persons living or dead. Beyond the weaving of those actual persons into the fictional narrative, Mob Girls is purely a work of fiction.