GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 72 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,022
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,283
pizzaboy 23,296
Hollander 23,206
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,479
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,175
Posts1,055,792
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box #338603
10/31/06 05:52 PM
10/31/06 05:52 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Here's a breakdown of how to use the post/reply box:

Feel free to test these things out in this thread, and ask any questions you may have...
It's always a good idea to PREVIEW POST before submitting, to make sure it worked correctly.

- Create a link to a webpage - Click this button to include a link. The first pop-up window is where you Paste the complete URL (http://etc), the second is a descriptive title for the link. For example: Gangster BB

- Link to an email address - Click this button and enter an email address. For example: webmaster@gangsterbb.net

- Insert an image from a webpage - Click this button to insert an image from another webpage. Paste the complete URL (http://etc). For example, the first image of each paragraph here.

- Create a list of items - Click this button, then add the first item you want to list. Click again to add the second item, and so on. When you're done, hit OK with the box empty.

For example:
  • Type in the First item, then click OK
  • Type in the Second item, then click OK
  • Type in the Third item, then click OK

For some reason the List button seems a little buggy sometimes. If you want to do it by hand, use this format:
Code:
[list]
[*]First item
[*]Second item
[*]Third item
[/list]

It's always a good idea to PREVIEW POST before submitting, to make sure it worked correctly.

- Text Formating for BOLD, ITALICS, UNDERLINE, and STRIKETHROUGH - The easiest way to use this is to type what you want to say, then highlight the word(s) you want to use the effect on, and then hit the button. Or, you can click the button first, then type the word(s) in between the UBB Code brackets. The first method is much easier, and will result in fewer errors.

- The Quote button - If you're quoting something, it's a good idea to include it in a quote box so it stands apart and doesn't blend in with your commentary on the quote.

For example:
Quote:
Copy and paste the quote you want to use, highlight it all, then hit the Quote button.
Or, you can hit the Quote button first, then copy/paste the quote within the UBB Code Quote brackets. Preview your post to be sure it came out right.

Note: The Quote button here is similar to the Quote button on someone else's post ( ), but in the latter case, you'd use it to quote someone else's comments rather than, say, something you found elsewhere on the internet.

- The Code Button - This is used if you want to, say, format a neatly-arranged column of data. You need to be careful not to make it too wide, though, because IE browser will extend it horizontally passed your browser window (Firefox doesn't do this, making your browsing experience more pleasant tongue wink ).

For example, we use this for Fantasy Sports Scores:
Code:

PTS     [OPT]     (P)
----------------------------
DB   72.72   [00.00]    (1)  
FC  116.74  [126.44]    (0)  
JG   80.26  [111.56]    (0)  I kicked DMC's butt
DM   77.82  [105.92]    (0)  
JL   94.70  [121.63]    (0)  
RB   88.86   [89.86]    (0)  
CC   74.20   [00.00]    (1)  
TU  116.23   [00.00]    (2)  
PL   55.62   [00.00]    (1)  
JB  103.37   [00.00]    (1)  
GO   91.53   [00.00]    (2)  
DC   88.60   [00.00]    (2)  

To use this, click the Code Button, then within the UBB Code brackets, use the space bar to line up your columns. WARNING: If your post is extremely wide, it will be edited! Do not abuse this to cause formatting problems on the BB!

- PHP Code Button - This is for geeks only, to be used to present code in the PHP programming language. It's similar to the Code Button but it color-codes certain words. Please don't bother using it.

- Instant Graemlins / Smilies Button - To add a smilie to your post, you can click this button and then click on the smilie you want to use. If you hover over each of the smilies, you'll see the keyboard shortcuts you can use instead. These shortcuts are necessary to use in the Shout Box. NOTE: Make sure the shortcuts are surround by spaces, or the smilie image won't show up! Preview Post before submitting to make sure your smilies show up properly. NOTE: Smilies cannot be used within the Code functions.

Here are just some examples:
Code:

:)                  = Smile
:p   or  :tongue:   = Stick out tongue
:x   or  :sick:     = Sick
         :lol:      = LOL

- Font Color Options - Highlight the text you want to color, then click this button, then choose the color you want to display that text in. For example: red, green, blue

- Font Family Options - To change your font from the default, highlight the text you want to change and then pick a font. For example: Arial Black, Comic Sans MS, Georgia, Times New Roman

- Font Size Options - This changes the size of the letters. Highlight the text you want to change, then choose a size. For Example, 7pt, 8pt, 11pt, 14pt, 17pt

NOTE: You can combine the different font effects, but you need to be very careful that the UBB Code is embedded properly. It's always a good idea to PREVIEW POST before submitting to make sure things came out alright! When in doubt, keep it simple, because if you're not familiar with UBB Code, you will have a very hard time fixing it!

- These buttons make the post/reply box bigger or smaller. Alternately, you can simply click-drag the bottom-right corner of the reply box to resize it.

Feel free to test these things out in this thread, and ask any questions you may have...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: J Geoff] #428270
08/23/07 02:29 AM
08/23/07 02:29 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
I just started a new thread and there was an option for "news icon" on the top which has only one option called "news.gif" which shows a newspaper pic. It did not show up in the post. What is that?

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: svsg] #428273
08/23/07 03:09 AM
08/23/07 03:09 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Wow, good question! I thought that was some disabled option... ... thanks for the report, tho!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: J Geoff] #591137
01/17/11 03:45 PM
01/17/11 03:45 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Does anyone else have this problem? Sometimes I select a quote and then try to post a response after the quote. But, when I punch a key the content in the box will jump upward so that I can't see the letters I just typed in. I have to move the letters into view using the slide bar on the right. It only happens once in awhile, but it's real annoying.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: olivant] #591144
01/17/11 04:13 PM
01/17/11 04:13 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: olivant
Does anyone else have this problem? Sometimes I select a quote and then try to post a response after the quote. But, when I punch a key the content in the box will jump upward so that I can't see the letters I just typed in. I have to move the letters into view using the slide bar on the right. It only happens once in awhile, but it's real annoying.

Can't say I've noticed that, but perhaps that happens when you're quoting a lot of content?

Try extending the size of the reply box by click-dragging the bottom-right corner of the box so it holds all the content...

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: olivant] #591145
01/17/11 04:26 PM
01/17/11 04:26 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Does anyone else have this problem?

oli, are you using Internet Explorer?

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: SC] #591162
01/17/11 07:07 PM
01/17/11 07:07 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: SC
Does anyone else have this problem?

oli, are you using Internet Explorer?

Yes.

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: olivant] #591165
01/17/11 07:28 PM
01/17/11 07:28 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California

Oli,

Although I don't have that problem now, but, it's happened to me a couple times in the past here on the BB. I think someone suggested clearing my cookies but even that didn't work. I haven't had the problem lately but don't know how it was corrected. Glad to know I wasn't the only one. I know exactly what you're talking about Oli. It is VERY annoying.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #611131
08/15/11 02:10 PM
08/15/11 02:10 PM
I
Immobiliare Offline
Made Member
Immobiliare  Offline
I
Made Member
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Oli,

Although I don't have that problem now, but, it's happened to me a couple times in the past here on the BB. I think someone suggested clearing my cookies but even that didn't work. I haven't had the problem lately but don't know how it was corrected. Glad to know I wasn't the only one. I know exactly what you're talking about Oli. It is VERY annoying.

TIS

I also have this problem. I agree with how annoying it is!!

Reply Quote
(NA) Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: J Geoff] #700107
02/27/13 03:13 PM
02/27/13 03:13 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Oli, have you tried a different browser to see if it's still an issue?

Reply Quote
Re: (NA) Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: J Geoff] #700111
02/27/13 03:35 PM
02/27/13 03:35 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Oli, have you tried a different browser to see if it's still an issue?

I just tried Chrome and it works okay.

Reply Quote
Re: (NA) Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: J Geoff] #700112
02/27/13 03:40 PM
02/27/13 03:40 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA

I think you'll enjoy Chrome more. I never use IE cuz it's such a piece of crap. wink

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: Immobiliare] #700116
02/27/13 04:26 PM
02/27/13 04:26 PM
G
Giancarlo Offline
Underboss
Giancarlo  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Immobiliare
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Oli,
TIS

I also have this problem. I agree with how annoying it is!!

Same thing with me too. When the response hits a certain length between the post your quoting and your response you get that jumping upward effect. When that happens i just write out my post on notepad and then just copy and paste it into the posting/reply box.

I've been thinking about switching to Chrome too. Most people i ask seem to really like it.

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: J Geoff] #927978
01/29/18 01:35 PM
01/29/18 01:35 PM
2a Offline
Made Member
2a  Offline
Made Member

Is it possible to still look up your posts ? I'm asking because I'm not currently able to do so .

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: 2a] #927981
01/29/18 02:52 PM
01/29/18 02:52 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted by 2a

Is it possible to still look up your posts ? I'm asking because I'm not currently able to do so .

You can click on your name, then choose "Show Forum Posts"

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: J Geoff] #928071
01/30/18 11:08 PM
01/30/18 11:08 PM
2a Offline
Made Member
2a  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted by J Geoff
Originally Posted by 2a

You can click on your name, then choose "Show Forum Posts"

Oh I just noticed that ! . Anyways thanks very much .

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: 2a] #929367
02/13/18 02:22 PM
02/13/18 02:22 PM
California

California
Ok, I still am having a problem posting Icons. I check the icon I want, but it doesn't appear in my post. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #929373
02/13/18 02:48 PM
02/13/18 02:48 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted by The Italian Stallionette
Ok, I still am having a problem posting Icons. I check the icon I want, but it doesn't appear in my post. What am I doing wrong?

TIS - which post icons are you clicking? You should be using the icons from the small box ABOVE the post window and NOT the POST ICONS below the box. Those are reserved for new topics.

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: J Geoff] #929375
02/13/18 03:03 PM
02/13/18 03:03 PM
California

California
Ahhh Ok! wink smile whistle EXCEPT to be clear, I had to go to top of page to click "new reply" in order for the icon screen to show. Is that correct? confused I don't get that option if I want to "quote" another's post.

Thanks SC.

smile

TIS

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #929380
02/13/18 03:33 PM
02/13/18 03:33 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted by The Italian Stallionette
Ahhh Ok! wink smile whistle EXCEPT to be clear, I had to go to top of page to click "new reply" in order for the icon screen to show. Is that correct? confused I don't get that option if I want to "quote" another's post.
TIS

Press the "quote" button and the right under the reply box you will see an option to use the FULL EDITOR. Press that and all your favorite buttons and options will be there.

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: J Geoff] #930111
02/20/18 12:34 PM
02/20/18 12:34 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Is the Last Post column on the Forums list page supposed to illustrate the date the Thread began or the date of the most recent post to that Thread?

Last edited by olivant; 02/20/18 12:35 PM.

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: J Geoff] #930269
02/21/18 03:39 AM
02/21/18 03:39 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
If you mean this, then it's supposed to show the last time a post was made:

[Linked Image]

https://prnt.sc/ihoibf

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: J Geoff] #930927
02/25/18 08:59 PM
02/25/18 08:59 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
If you view the Did You Work Out Today Forum you'll see that there is my post dated Yesterday at 10:22 PM.

However, I just posted it about 6pm today.

The reply post from MeyerLansky was posted soon after mine was posted and it too states Yesterday at 10:37 PM.

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: olivant] #930932
02/25/18 09:20 PM
02/25/18 09:20 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
olivant - did you change your time settings?

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: SC] #930937
02/25/18 09:41 PM
02/25/18 09:41 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted by SC

Nope..

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: olivant] #931255
02/27/18 09:27 PM
02/27/18 09:27 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted by olivant
Originally Posted by SC

Nope..

Correction. I decided to check time zone in Preferences and discovered that the wrong zone was selected. I don't know whow since I've never entered Preferences since I joined the Board.

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: J Geoff] #980203
10/30/19 09:48 PM
10/30/19 09:48 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Could we have a simple response setting to posts of a thumbs up or emojis for post we like or support?

Also a count of likes rather than a flame showing every thread and post being active or Popular?

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: J Geoff] #996887
09/14/20 10:29 AM
09/14/20 10:29 AM
UK
D
dsd Offline
Capo
dsd  Offline
D
Capo
UK
It's probably here somewhere but I couldn't find it.

When I tried to upload a photo from my phone, it said only 200 kB accepted. All my photos seem to be around 3mb.

This was using the 'attachment manager' ???
So, how do you upload a photo , ?

Reply Quote
Re: FAQ: The Post/Reply Formatting Box [Re: J Geoff] #1003542
01/22/21 12:50 AM
01/22/21 12:50 AM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Online content
Special
mustachepete  Online Content
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia