GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 73 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,332
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,698
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,500
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,275
Posts1,057,653
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What families are set up for the long run #1003266
01/14/21 09:28 PM
01/14/21 09:28 PM
Boston/Medford
C
Cm Offline OP
Wiseguy
Cm  Offline OP
C
Wiseguy
Boston/Medford
In my opinion all 5 New York families, philly ,New England, and New Jersey are set up to last for a while but not many people think that so I wanted your guys opinion on what families will be around for a while

Re: What families are set up for the long run [Re: Cm] #1003375
01/17/21 11:59 AM
01/17/21 11:59 AM
Woodlawn
V
VitoCahill Offline
Underboss
VitoCahill  Offline
V
Underboss
Woodlawn
the rizzuto/sollecito family in montreal/the mafia in montreal.
the various 'ndrangheta locales in the toronto/hamilton area.
chicago(at the current age of admin members not for much longer.)
detroit partnership.
buffalo???(aside from the evidence of violi being UB may have to see some more current indictments in buffalo for proof it is still functioning and not being supplemented by other NYC/canadian families.

Re: What families are set up for the long run [Re: Cm] #1003391
01/17/21 07:38 PM
01/17/21 07:38 PM
Providence, RI
T
The_Marble_Guy Offline
Capo
The_Marble_Guy  Offline
T
Capo
Providence, RI
I’d be curious to hear how New England is setup for the long term......

" If you're going to be bad, be good at it "

Jerry Tillinghast
Re: What families are set up for the long run [Re: The_Marble_Guy] #1003392
01/17/21 08:18 PM
01/17/21 08:18 PM
Boston/Medford
C
Cm Offline OP
Wiseguy
Cm  Offline OP
C
Wiseguy
Boston/Medford
Because they have a pretty full board of guys, they probably have 4-5 captains and they have a decent amount of confirmed young made guys, and I feel that there’s a lot of guys who are involved or made that haven’t ever been named. I agree providence is on its way out once MG and LM are gone but I think Boston has a good recruitment pool still.

Re: What families are set up for the long run [Re: VitoCahill] #1003400
01/18/21 01:44 AM
01/18/21 01:44 AM
NickleCity Offline
Capo
NickleCity  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by VitoCahill
the rizzuto/sollecito family in montreal/the mafia in montreal.
the various 'ndrangheta locales in the toronto/hamilton area.
chicago(at the current age of admin members not for much longer.)
detroit partnership.
buffalo???(aside from the evidence of violi being UB may have to see some more current indictments in buffalo for proof it is still functioning and not being supplemented by other NYC/canadian families.

What do you think about about the following in Buffalo:
1. Bongiovanni Indictment: DEA agent accused of taking bribes from friends in the mob.
2. Masecchia Superseding Indictment w/Bongiovanni: indicated LE believed him to an associate and possible made man in the Buffalo LCN family. Pleaded guilty to narcotics trafficking and grow operation. Married Bart Mazzara’s daughter whose Uncles are/were Vic and Dan Sansanese.
3. Anthony Gerace criminal complaint alleged sports gambling, narcotics trafficking, gun possession in futherence of trafficking. Alleged Buffalo boss Joe Todaro’s nephew. Pleaded guilty to narcotics charge. Identified as coconspirator in Bongiovanni indictment in Joe Bella detention hearing.
4. Peter Gerace who’s strip club was raided by HSI FBI. Todaro nephew identified as unindicted coconspirator 1 in Bongiovanni indictment during Bella detention hearing.
5. Serio indictment: Family has long history of drug trafficking with connection the Buffalo mob.
6. Joe Bella home raided. Numerous investigations by HSI. Detention hearing revealed he is an associate of IOC. Connected to Butchie BiFulco. Involved with Covid and Telemarketing scams. Alleged to ferry narcotics from Canada to US on his boat. Has unidictment LE officer who traffics cocaine as contact in phone along with all Bongiovanni’s coconspirators.

Last edited by NickleCity; 01/19/21 10:54 AM. Reason: removed the double quote
Re: What families are set up for the long run [Re: Cm] #1003449
01/19/21 05:13 AM
01/19/21 05:13 AM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Nickle,

How are you?

How are things in Buffalo these days?

I read the articles on Buffalo LCN, I was surprised to see in the indictment of that DEA agent it spells out that he was working for Buffalo LCN, members and than I read the article about Joe Bella, and it states he is the liaison to the columbo family.

Pretty interesting....

Re: What families are set up for the long run [Re: BensonHURST] #1003465
01/19/21 11:07 AM
01/19/21 11:07 AM
NickleCity Offline
Capo
NickleCity  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by BensonHURST
Nickle,

How are you?

I read the articles on Buffalo LCN, I was surprised to see in the indictment of that DEA agent it spells out that he was working for Buffalo LCN, members and than I read the article about Joe Bella, and it states he is the liaison to the columbo family.

Pretty interesting....

Doing well BensonHURST. Hope you are too!

It's been interesting to see these criminal complaints and indictments come out and watch most of them get connected. IMHO makes it a lot harder to deny the existence of at least a small and somewhat active of Buffalo LCN family. It sure appears to be more than remnants given the fact that US Attorney's office insinuated the family is active and Todaro is the leader when Tripi said, "Mr. Gerace is also a relative of the reputed head of the Buffalo mafia family." There are rumors that Buffalo is much more active than most people realize. It will be interesting to see what comes of the Bongiovanni trial and if there will be any more indictments from this active investigation into organized crime in Buffalo.

Re: What families are set up for the long run [Re: NickleCity] #1003678
01/25/21 02:11 AM
01/25/21 02:11 AM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Originally Posted by NickleCity
[quote=BensonHURST]Nickle,

How are you?

Pretty interesting....

Doing well BensonHURST. Hope you are too!

It's been interesting to see these criminal complaints and indictments come out and watch most of them get connected. IMHO makes it a lot harder to deny the existence of at least a small and somewhat active of Buffalo LCN family. It sure appears to be more than remnants given the fact that US Attorney's office insinuated the family is active and Todaro is the leader when Tripi said, "Mr. Gerace is also a relative of the reputed head of the Buffalo mafia family." There are rumors that Buffalo is much more active than most people realize. It will be interesting to see what comes of the Bongiovanni trial and if there will be any more indictments from this active investigation into organized crime in Buffalo.

I posted on another thread it appears that a decision was made by whoever was left in the Hierarchy, to not induct the sons, nephews and cousins into the borgata.

Do you agree?

Thats whats missing here really in this family.

Look at Detroit you have Jackie Jr. as boss
Rizzutto's you have the son Leornardo
Colombo's Ally Boi is the boss

That's just to name a few

If Buffalo would have made their sons and nephews you have the next generation on the streets and you kept this thing going for the next generation.

Re: What families are set up for the long run [Re: Cm] #1003694
01/25/21 11:59 AM
01/25/21 11:59 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Five Families I feel will be around for as long as I live; it will still take some time for their recruitment pool to be completely diminished and they've been rebuilding and restructuring for the past few years

New Jersey and Philly I can see falling more and more under the influence of the Five Families; their recruitment pool is still ample but for some reason I can see local hoods getting inducted into one the Five Families so as far as a NJ or Philly "family"...dunno for how long they'll still be around...

New England I can see sticking around for a long time. Recruitment pool is sizable enough and they as well seem to have been restructuring and rebuilding.

Chicago will still be around for quite a while as well. They will never become as influential as they once were anymore, but I got a gut feeling there'll always be Chicago Outfit around in some shape or form.

Detroit is basically a blood family nowadays. They'll never be large scale presence in the city (this is African American drug gang turf) but some localized organized crime in the suburbs compared to the "Chaldean mob"...yeah they'll still be around for a while...

Buffalo...dunno...I think this will become more of an Ontario Ndrangheta playfield when it comes to Italian organized crime, but I could be mistaken of course.

Others that are dead and buried will stay dead and buried.

Re: What families are set up for the long run [Re: Cm] #1003746
01/26/21 10:20 AM
01/26/21 10:20 AM
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
The thing to understand is that what carried LCN, up to this point for the most part does NOT exist anymore.

Meaning the farm teams I am referring specifically in N.Y.C. you had Italian ghetto's with gangs of young Italians, who were being conditioned and groomed to come into the LCN...
In my day there were the Bath Ave Boys, Bay Parkway Boys, 18th Ave Boys, ETC that was in Brooklyn, to name a few.
You had Queens the Young Guns, Liberty Posse, The Bronx the Tanglewood boys, really too many to name.

The majority of the young guys that came up in this environment would have done anything to become a member of a LCN crew.

Again those gangs were where tomorrow's LCN, members were born of.

Fast forward today and those Italian ghetto's and gangs cease to exist.

To me that is the #1 reason right there.

I am sure there were versions of these farm teams in other cities and LCN areas that existed then however, no longer exist today as well.

The above I believe is the predominate reason LCN is in jeopardy in years to come.

So what i am saying here if the generation that is in power today wants LCN, to be around for future generations they are going to have switch things up.

Eventually all you will have left will be the sons, nephews, cousins etc.
Like in the areas with the smaller borgata's today

Its NOT Rocket science so either they will have to align themselves with Italy or Canada, to bring new blood over here or eventually that will be it.

There are enough capable guys on the street to carry the LCN, into the next 20+ years at that point when you have the guys that are in their 40's and 50's those guys are going to be 60;s and 70's and dying off.
If they do nothing today or in the not so distant future than N.Y.C. LCN will look like these smaller borgata's on their last leg...

I would say the Gambino's lead the charge because they more or less merged with the Inzerrello's from Italy, we know they have been poking around in Canada, their leadership seems to be stable

I know Detroit, also has a Siciliam Crew and a Canada Crew so I believe they are in a really good position to exist for generations to come.

The Bonanno's had a Sicilian Crew I am not sure about today if they stand with that.

Re: What families are set up for the long run [Re: BensonHURST] #1003766
01/26/21 08:43 PM
01/26/21 08:43 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by BensonHURST
The thing to understand is that what carried LCN, up to this point for the most part does NOT exist anymore.

Meaning the farm teams I am referring specifically in N.Y.C. you had Italian ghetto's with gangs of young Italians, who were being conditioned and groomed to come into the LCN...
In my day there were the Bath Ave Boys, Bay Parkway Boys, 18th Ave Boys, ETC that was in Brooklyn, to name a few.
You had Queens the Young Guns, Liberty Posse, The Bronx the Tanglewood boys, really too many to name.

The majority of the young guys that came up in this environment would have done anything to become a member of a LCN crew.

Again those gangs were where tomorrow's LCN, members were born of.

Fast forward today and those Italian ghetto's and gangs cease to exist.

To me that is the #1 reason right there.

I am sure there were versions of these farm teams in other cities and LCN areas that existed then however, no longer exist today as well.

The above I believe is the predominate reason LCN is in jeopardy in years to come.

So what i am saying here if the generation that is in power today wants LCN, to be around for future generations they are going to have switch things up.

Eventually all you will have left will be the sons, nephews, cousins etc.
Like in the areas with the smaller borgata's today

Its NOT Rocket science so either they will have to align themselves with Italy or Canada, to bring new blood over here or eventually that will be it.

There are enough capable guys on the street to carry the LCN, into the next 20+ years at that point when you have the guys that are in their 40's and 50's those guys are going to be 60;s and 70's and dying off.
If they do nothing today or in the not so distant future than N.Y.C. LCN will look like these smaller borgata's on their last leg...

I would say the Gambino's lead the charge because they more or less merged with the Inzerrello's from Italy, we know they have been poking around in Canada, their leadership seems to be stable

I know Detroit, also has a Siciliam Crew and a Canada Crew so I believe they are in a really good position to exist for generations to come.

The Bonanno's had a Sicilian Crew I am not sure about today if they stand with that.

detroit have a sicilian crew and canadian crew ?!
i wonder how many members they have and how they do
they always interest me a lot

Re: What families are set up for the long run [Re: Cm] #1003770
01/26/21 09:02 PM
01/26/21 09:02 PM
Woodlawn
V
VitoCahill Offline
Underboss
VitoCahill  Offline
V
Underboss
Woodlawn
i'm gonna go out on a limb and say the detroit partnership does not have a canadian crew.
of course after saying this there will be an OPP/RCMP bust in the next couple weeks.
over the past (being generous) 15 yrs there has been absolutely no evidence of this.
with all the smuggling that has gone on in the southern ontario to buffalo/michigan of various contraband not a single arrest has ever led back to a mafia member or even an associate in detroit.

also stated in an above post was rumours of the gambinos "poking around" up in canada?
wonder who is doing the poking. in the project o tremens bust from 2017 there was a soldier paul semplice who i believe at the time was in lorenzo mannino's crew.
is it mannino/sicilian crew that is trying to operate in canada.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull