GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (joepuzzles234, RushStreet, 3 invisible), 114 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,094
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,353
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,485
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,215
Posts1,056,173
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
1963 Capos #1013760
06/12/21 09:59 PM
06/12/21 09:59 PM
N
Njein Offline OP
Capo
Njein  Offline OP
N
Capo
Is there a comprehensive list of capos in the following families at the time of the Valachi hearings:

-Boston/Providence
-Buffalo
-Detroit
-Philadelphia
-Scranton/Wilkes-Barre
-Chicago
-Tampa
-New Orleans
-Los Angeles
-KCMO
-San Francisco

Re: 1963 Capos [Re: Njein] #1013789
06/13/21 05:15 PM
06/13/21 05:15 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Los Angeles.
Joseph Adamo- San Diego to Arizona border.
John Cascio- no soldiers
Joseph Dippolito- Riverside to Las Vegas.
Joseph Giammona- no soldiers
Angelo Polizzi- Biggest and strongest crew.

San Francisco.
Mario Balistrieri
Vincenzo Infusino- no soldiers
Tony Lanza- San Mateo, South San Francisco and other areas, areas up to Reno and Lake Tahoe jointly with Leonardo Cusenza of San Jose crime family.
Vincenzo LaRocca- East Bay area, Oakland.
Acting Gaetano Lazio for LaRocca.
Acting Gregory Genovese for Mario Balistrieri.

San Jose
Charles Carbone- underboss and Calabrian faction leader.
Leonardo Cusenza- Modesto up to Reno Navada, areas jointly with Tony Lanza of San Francisco crime family.
Emanuelle Figlia.
Angelo Marino.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: 1963 Capos [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1013815
06/13/21 10:55 PM
06/13/21 10:55 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Los Angeles.
Joseph Adamo- San Diego to Arizona border.
John Cascio- no soldiers
Joseph Dippolito- Riverside to Las Vegas.
Joseph Giammona- no soldiers
Angelo Polizzi- Biggest and strongest crew.

San Francisco.
Mario Balistrieri
Vincenzo Infusino- no soldiers
Tony Lanza- San Mateo, South San Francisco and other areas, areas up to Reno and Lake Tahoe jointly with Leonardo Cusenza of San Jose crime family.
Vincenzo LaRocca- East Bay area, Oakland.
Acting Gaetano Lazio for LaRocca.
Acting Gregory Genovese for Mario Balistrieri.

San Jose
Charles Carbone- underboss and Calabrian faction leader.
Leonardo Cusenza- Modesto up to Reno Navada, areas jointly with Tony Lanza of San Francisco crime family.
Emanuelle Figlia.
Angelo Marino.

Hi Giacomo.

Was Sacramento part of Tony Lanza's territory too? Couldn't have been much activity there considering it was the state capital and crawling with law enforcement, but there was certainly gambling as there was in every city.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: 1963 Capos [Re: Njein] #1013821
06/14/21 02:12 AM
06/14/21 02:12 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
On Sacramento, Giuseppe Vicari of San Jose had the most say in the city until he died in 1957, then it went to San Francisco having much say with Mario Balasteri. But for all intent and purposes it was an open city with which ever high ranking mobster having the most say in the city. Sacramento is a city Jimmy Lanza had grown to hate cause Jimmy Fratianno had some interests their and a base of operations with his brother and another associate living there, plus a few hangarounds. Vincenzo Infusino even had a wire room in Sacramento which would eventually be taken over by Mike Rizzitello of the Los Angeles family through his friendship with Jimmy the Weasel. Sacramento had illegal gambling, narcotics (Mario Balasteri was the major factor in this), prostitution, and a few other things, but the three above were big. Politicians back in the day loved to have somewhere to unwind and relax, so gambling dens, and a couple of brothels were under protection from raids from the cops with the help of the politicians. Giuseppe Vicari, Salvatore Sabella, and a couple of others where known by politicians in Sacramento.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: 1963 Capos [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #1013823
06/14/21 02:27 AM
06/14/21 02:27 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
On Sacramento, Giuseppe Vicari of San Jose had the most say in the city until he died in 1957, then it went to San Francisco having much say with Mario Balasteri. But for all intent and purposes it was an open city with which ever high ranking mobster having the most say in the city. Sacramento is a city Jimmy Lanza had grown to hate cause Jimmy Fratianno had some interests their and a base of operations with his brother and another associate living there, plus a few hangarounds. Vincenzo Infusino even had a wire room in Sacramento which would eventually be taken over by Mike Rizzitello of the Los Angeles family through his friendship with Jimmy the Weasel. Sacramento had illegal gambling, narcotics (Mario Balasteri was the major factor in this), prostitution, and a few other things, but the three above were big. Politicians back in the day loved to have somewhere to unwind and relax, so gambling dens, and a couple of brothels were under protection from raids from the cops with the help of the politicians. Giuseppe Vicari, Salvatore Sabella, and a couple of others where known by politicians in Sacramento.

Great info as usual, GV. Thanks!

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: 1963 Capos [Re: Njein] #1013879
06/15/21 04:22 AM
06/15/21 04:22 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Buffalo.
Joe Calafato- Erie
Acting for Calafato- James Salamone
John Cammillieri.
Acting for Cammillieri- Joe Pieri Sr.
Steven Cannarozzo
Rosario Carlisi
Joe DiCarlo Jr- Youngstown, back and forth to Buffalo
Joe Falcone- Utica
Giacomo Luppino- Hamilton
Antonio Magaddino
Pasquale Natarelli
Benjamin Nicoletti Sr- Niagara Falls
Tony Papalia- Canada
Acting for Papalia- John Papalia.
Giacomino Russolesi- Rochester

Boston and Rhode Island.
Genaro Angiulo
Frank Cucchiara
Peter DiCarlo
John Guglielmo- William Gasso represented him in Connecticut.
Antonio LaMattina
Orlando Napolitano- only two known soldiers under him his entire reign in Maine.
Henry Tameleo- no soldiers.
Nazzareno Terruso

Re: 1963 Capos [Re: Njein] #1013905
06/16/21 01:51 AM
06/16/21 01:51 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Chicago.
Joey Aiuppa- Cicero
Sam Battaglia- Melrose Park
Fiore Buccieri- Taylor Street
Jack Cerone- Elmwood Park
Frank LaPorte- Chicago Heights
Ross Prio- North Side

Philadelphia.
John Cappello
Felix DeTullio
Alfred Iezzi
Pasquale Massi
Nicholas Piccolo
Joseph Scafidi
Joseph Sciglitano
John Simone
Philip Testa

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull