GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 109 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,815
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,300
Posts1,058,176
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE 2021! #1002425
12/31/20 11:06 AM
12/31/20 11:06 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Lisa and I just wanted to wish our forum members the Happiest of New Years. Let's hope that in the coming months these new vaccines they've come out with will knock this Covid back down to size, and give all of us our lives back.

I'll be spending it at home with my wife, children and family as we always do. I haven't bounced to Manhattan nightclubs for many years already. In years where I owned and operated my own restaurants and nightclubs we would sometimes celebrate there. It became a big "private party" so to speak. Great memories! But overall I feel that bringing in the new year is meant to be spent with the people you love. Out with the old, and in with the new as they say. And for sure this 2020 has overstayed its welcome.

But we still celebrate much the same as if we booked a top joint. Jumbo shrimp cocktail and Clams Oreganato up front. Then Filet Mignon and lobster tail, sautéed string beans, roasted baby potatoes, insalata misto, sautéed mushrooms, etc, etc. My wife also prepared some "cosi dolce" as well, for afterwards that represents the sweetness of life itself.

I've also got a few nice ice-cold bottles of bubbly for us. Dom Perignon Rose' in the refrigerator for midnight when the ball drops in Times Square.

A few games of poker and blackjack. Maybe some Bingo (or "la tombola" as we say in Sicilian) to boot. And we're good. Lol

It isn't like the old days when we lived in the old neighborhood and all our beloved family was still alive. I miss those precious days for sure. My precious dad and mom, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, my siblings, neighbors popping in to join the celebration. We used to average 25-30 +/- people around the table. It was a typical large Italian-style celebration. We would start about 6pm or so, and go till the wee hours of the next morning. 4-5am was the norm back then.... all the while the iconic Guy Lombardo and his Orchestra playing on TV. Lol, It was great stuff!

But I was taught well. I learned the ways of our "tribe" so to speak. So nowadays I try to carry on those hallowed traditions for my family the best I can. Now my children (all grown up btw), and their children are doing the same. I am very proud of them to say the least.

Lisa told me that she too is enjoying filet, lobster, and some bubbly as well with her immediate family.

In closing let me say that wherever you are in this world. However, and whomever you choose to celebrate the evening with, Happy New Year 2021 to you and yours! God bless!

..... Lisa and "The Other Guy!"

Last edited by NYMafia; 12/31/20 11:07 AM.
Re: HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE 2021! [Re: NYMafia] #1002438
12/31/20 01:02 PM
12/31/20 01:02 PM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
Best wishes for 2021

Re: HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE 2021! [Re: NYMafia] #1002439
12/31/20 01:45 PM
12/31/20 01:45 PM
Friend_of_Henry Offline
Underboss
Friend_of_Henry  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by NYMafia
Lisa and I just wanted to wish our forum members the Happiest of New Years. Let's hope that in the coming months these new vaccines they've come out with will knock this Covid back down to size, and give all of us our lives back.

I'll be spending it at home with my wife, children and family as we always do. I haven't bounced to Manhattan nightclubs for many years already. In years where I owned and operated my own restaurants and nightclubs we would sometimes celebrate there. It became a big "private party" so to speak. Great memories! But overall I feel that bringing in the new year is meant to be spent with the people you love. Out with the old, and in with the new as they say. And for sure this 2020 has overstayed its welcome.

But we still celebrate much the same as if we booked a top joint. Jumbo shrimp cocktail and Clams Oreganato up front. Then Filet Mignon and lobster tail, sautéed string beans, roasted baby potatoes, insalata misto, sautéed mushrooms, etc, etc. My wife also prepared some "cosi dolce" as well, for afterwards that represents the sweetness of life itself.

I've also got a few nice ice-cold bottles of bubbly for us. Dom Perignon Rose' in the refrigerator for midnight when the ball drops in Times Square.

A few games of poker and blackjack. Maybe some Bingo (or "la tombola" as we say in Sicilian) to boot. And we're good. Lol

It isn't like the old days when we lived in the old neighborhood and all our beloved family was still alive. I miss those precious days for sure. My precious dad and mom, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, my siblings, neighbors popping in to join the celebration. We used to average 25-30 +/- people around the table. It was a typical large Italian-style celebration. We would start about 6pm or so, and go till the wee hours of the next morning. 4-5am was the norm back then.... all the while the iconic Guy Lombardo and his Orchestra playing on TV. Lol, It was great stuff!

But I was taught well. I learned the ways of our "tribe" so to speak. So nowadays I try to carry on those hallowed traditions for my family the best I can. Now my children (all grown up btw), and their children are doing the same. I am very proud of them to say the least.

Lisa told me that she too is enjoying filet, lobster, and some bubbly as well with her immediate family.

In closing let me say that wherever you are in this world. However, and whomever you choose to celebrate the evening with, Happy New Year 2021 to you and yours! God bless!

Kinda' nice, an "Old School" sincere Happy New Years wish. Thanx!

"Never walk in a room that you don't know how to get out of"- Henry Zottola
Re: HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE 2021! [Re: Friend_of_Henry] #1002445
12/31/20 03:16 PM
12/31/20 03:16 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Friend_of_Henry
Originally Posted by NYMafia

Kinda' nice, an "Old School" sincere Happy New Years wish. Thanx!

You're very welcome FOH

Re: HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE 2021! [Re: NYMafia] #1002470
12/31/20 11:04 PM
12/31/20 11:04 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Happy New Year and thank you for sharing.

Same here, good food and celebration but on a much smaller scale.

Strange days.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE 2021! [Re: TheKillingJoke] #1002471
12/31/20 11:24 PM
12/31/20 11:24 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
Best wishes for 2021

you too pal. A Happy and Healthy to you and yours!

Last edited by NYMafia; 12/31/20 11:56 PM.
Re: HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE 2021! [Re: DuesPaid] #1002472
12/31/20 11:26 PM
12/31/20 11:26 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by DuesPaid
Happy New Year and thank you for sharing.

Same here, good food and celebration but on a much smaller scale.

Strange days.

Happy New Year DuesPaid. Yes, it's been a whacky year for sure. Can't wait for it to be over! Fuck it! Looking forward to a much better year for us all in 2021!

Buono Salute! "Felice Anno Nuovo"

Last edited by NYMafia; 12/31/20 11:26 PM.
Re: HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE 2021! [Re: NYMafia] #1002474
01/01/21 01:46 AM
01/01/21 01:46 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Best Wishes guys 2021 will be much better!!

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE 2021! [Re: NYMafia] #1002478
01/01/21 03:17 AM
01/01/21 03:17 AM
BarrettM Offline
Underboss
BarrettM  Offline
Underboss
Happy New Years Eve everyone. I know I'm not the most active poster but I love reading you all's banter anyway. Here's to anyone young and old, the oldheads, the neighborhood guys, and the e-lurkers.

Be it Philly, Boston, Pittsburgh, wherever you're from. Love from this poster to all others.

Re: HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE 2021! [Re: NYMafia] #1002481
01/01/21 07:14 AM
01/01/21 07:14 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
That the 2021 will be a better year for everyone.

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 01/01/21 07:14 AM.
Re: HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE 2021! [Re: NYMafia] #1002484
01/01/21 09:01 AM
01/01/21 09:01 AM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
hapy new yerear everyone. jesuss fuc'k im drunk

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull