GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 89 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,190
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Piggybacking on Gangster BB #1002174
12/27/20 07:19 PM
12/27/20 07:19 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
I’ve been a member now for a long time and like the fact that other sites like us.

I just sometimes wonder if regular links to websites etc is for the best. Whilst it’s great initially, I’d hate to see it growing in a way that the site ends up becoming a short term footstool for others, then dying.

Maybe I’m just being stupid or possessive..I dunno, but I always trust my gut feeling...

NY, I’m talking specifically about you and honestly don’t mean any harm, but it just kind of slipped in there with the regular links without any introduction or explanation.

I’d hate to think your end game was to “steal” the people here interested in organised crime...You’ve spoken to the hosts of this site, I know you have, so I’d prefer we all knew were we where.

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002176
12/27/20 08:12 PM
12/27/20 08:12 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by fergie
I’ve been a member now for a long time and like the fact that other sites like us.

I just sometimes wonder if regular links to websites etc is for the best. Whilst it’s great initially, I’d hate to see it growing in a way that the site ends up becoming a short term footstool for others, then dying.

Maybe I’m just being stupid or possessive..I dunno, but I always trust my gut feeling...

NY, I’m talking specifically about you and honestly don’t mean any harm, but it just kind of slipped in there with the regular links without any introduction or explanation.

I’d hate to think your end game was to “steal” the people here interested in organised crime...You’ve spoken to the hosts of this site, I know you have, so I’d prefer we all knew were we where.

Hi Fergie, I don't believe we've spoken before, so hello.
I don't know what you expect me to say to that. To be honest with you, I don't even understand where you are coming from.

Please explain what what you mean when you say "It just kind of slipped in there with the regular links"? I don't understand.

One thing I will say is that "stealing" people is not my, or my partner Lisa's intention. We have no bad intentions at all.
Do you not like the fact that I write bios and stories for our forum?

I can tell you emphatically that we mean no ill will to anybody on the forum, nor the forum itself. I don't understand why you would be so "possessive" as you say, or be afraid of "stealing." If anything, I truly feel we add something positive to the forum, and are not detracting.

I hope my words have allayed your fears a bit. As you know, we are very busy, and the last thing we want or need is drama as they say. So trust me, we're all good.

Last edited by NYMafia; 12/27/20 08:26 PM.
Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002183
12/27/20 09:41 PM
12/27/20 09:41 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Fergie,

This is Lisa and I want to comment and hope I don't offend while doing so....I take offense with your "piggybacking" statement because believe me when I tell you The New York Mafia and Mob Fireside Chat isnt' piggybacking on anyone. All we're doing is sharing our articles/videos. And to be honest...we dont' have to post anything here on BBG as that is not even a factor in our regular daily visitor numbers which has grown significantly in the past year. So, we don't really need to "steal" anyone and who does that anyway???? It's almost laughable that anyone would make such a statement. Take care.

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002184
12/27/20 10:00 PM
12/27/20 10:00 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
Wow! Both guns...Listen, it’s obvious....use the site, that’s exactly what your doing for your traffic.

But your content is great anyway and it totally interests me, so I have, and will continue to follow you...just a bit fucked up the way your doing it

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002185
12/27/20 10:03 PM
12/27/20 10:03 PM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
We’re not stupid

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002187
12/27/20 10:21 PM
12/27/20 10:21 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Wow! Both guns...Listen, it’s obvious....use the site, that’s exactly what your doing for your traffic.

But your content is great anyway and it totally interests me, so I have, and will continue to follow you...just a bit fucked up the way your doing it

You're out of your mind....I'm not one to show numbers or visitor results...not my style. Nor do I need to...so continue to live in your over-inflated fantasy world. And this is Lisa BTW

Last edited by NYMafia; 12/27/20 10:21 PM.
Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002188
12/27/20 10:23 PM
12/27/20 10:23 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
NYMafia and Lisa,

I really enjoy the quantity and quality of your posts.You put a lot of work into it,and I think our Board has only gained since you started.

Again,I speak only for myself. Keep it up. The pie's big enough for everyone to have a slice without stealing from someone else's plate.

That's the beauty of all the Boards like this.

Posters share what they can, post interesting topics,throw out hypothetical questions,talk about OC guys that they have known,etc.

So let's enjoy each others contributions,and remember,none of us are on these Boards because we DON'T like talking about OC.

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: Lou_Para] #1002191
12/27/20 11:11 PM
12/27/20 11:11 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by Lou_Para
NYMafia and Lisa,

I really enjoy the quantity and quality of your posts.You put a lot of work into it,and I think our Board has only gained since you started.

Again,I speak only for myself. Keep it up. The pie's big enough for everyone to have a slice without stealing from someone else's plate.

That's the beauty of all the Boards like this.

Posters share what they can, post interesting topics,throw out hypothetical questions,talk about OC guys that they have known,etc.

So let's enjoy each others contributions,and remember,none of us are on these Boards because we DON'T like talking about OC.

-----
Thank you Lou. We appreciate your input. But I gotta tell ya, I'm apprehensive to announce that we have a new video for our podcast up tonight. Lol.... The haters are gonna start hating. Lol

Lisa and I are debating whether to even bother posting up announcements or links when we release new mob videos or written mob stories. Lol. I mean, who needs the BS? Am I right or what here? .... what's that old adage? "No good deed goes unpunished?" lol........ thats sorta how we feel in a nutshell. Like we say back in NYC, Nobody here buys us an ice cream cone!

If we decide not to post, then the haters will only have themselves to blame. And those of you who really wanna read our stuff know where we'll be, and how to find us!

Last edited by NYMafia; 12/27/20 11:33 PM.
Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002192
12/27/20 11:48 PM
12/27/20 11:48 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

We’re not stupid

If thats how you really feel? After all we've posted up on this forum, for the enjoyment of you members, then I wouldn't be too sure of your last statement! Lol

WOW! Lol..... it's almost comical

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002195
12/28/20 03:09 AM
12/28/20 03:09 AM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
I see your point fergie. It is kind of funny how NYMafia only started posting here to get traffic for their online OC work. It's more about selling than telling the truth, but I will admit that I do enjoy some of the stuff that comes from them. I wish them the very best. I particularly like Lisa

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002198
12/28/20 07:46 AM
12/28/20 07:46 AM
TheKillingJoke Offline
Underboss
TheKillingJoke  Offline
Underboss
I can only speak for myself, but I'm on this board to read content and NYMafia provides good content. I don't see NYMafia sharing their content on this board as "piggybacking" and I don't really see how there would be any kind of competition between blogs and boards. I'm here to read stories, articles...and maybe share some myself (when I find the time to do so) and that's what NYMafia's doing as well. And even if it links to their website...well, they're the ones who put in the time and research for that article and post so I don't see the issue.

NYMafia, keep up the good work.

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: NYMafia] #1002199
12/28/20 08:27 AM
12/28/20 08:27 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
Look, the guys either trolling or jealous ..

Keep doing what you are doing....

Shit baffles me....... you put out articles and Bios, researched and everything... and people who contribute MUCH less, bitch about it...

The fuck is the complaint? If you wanna write an article, write an article. Wanna do a bio, do a bio, bro. Dont complain when someone else uploads real content. And they get Kudos, it respect.... dont get green eyes.....go fuckin write something or contribute.....

You see the same shit with certain authors or bloggers....like Scott... people like jealously trashing their work...... disagree, fine.....

How the fuck are they gonna ,"STEAL" Gangster bb? Lol?

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: TheKillingJoke] #1002201
12/28/20 09:58 AM
12/28/20 09:58 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by TheKillingJoke
I can only speak for myself, but I'm on this board to read content and NYMafia provides good content. I don't see NYMafia sharing their content on this board as "piggybacking" and I don't really see how there would be any kind of competition between blogs and boards. I'm here to read stories, articles...and maybe share some myself (when I find the time to do so) and that's what NYMafia's doing as well. And even if it links to their website...well, they're the ones who put in the time and research for that article and post so I don't see the issue.

NYMafia, keep up the good work.

TKJ, 'THANK YOU!' my feelings exactly! My partner and I truly bust our asses to produce what we consider to be TOP quality content for our website, that we are kind enough to share on this forum for all of "our" members to enjoy. Remember that we too are "members" here, we're not bastard stepchildren!

What are we getting paid to provide you with all we do? That answer is NO! Nobody around here buys us "squat," yet it is our complete pleasure to continue to share what we have with you. And we get shit for it from several other posters? LOL .........Ya kiddin, right guys? What fucking nerve!

Last edited by NYMafia; 12/29/20 07:49 AM.
Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: CabriniGreen] #1002202
12/28/20 10:20 AM
12/28/20 10:20 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by CabriniGreen
Look, the guys either trolling or jealous ..

Keep doing what you are doing....

Shit baffles me....... you put out articles and Bios, researched and everything... and people who contribute MUCH less, bitch about it...

The fuck is the complaint? If you wanna write an article, write an article. Wanna do a bio, do a bio, bro. Dont complain when someone else uploads real content. And they get Kudos, it respect.... dont get green eyes.....go fuckin write something or contribute.....

You see the same shit with certain authors or bloggers....like Scott... people like jealously trashing their work...... disagree, fine.....

How the fuck are they gonna ,"STEAL" Gangster bb? Lol?

--------
CabriniG, you too get a huge "THANK YOU" in capital letters! I really don't know who the fuck these people are that come at us, or why they do what they do. It truly baffles the fuck out of me as well.

Truth be told, I still don't know what joy these people get out of "trolling" as the term goes, or if they are jealous of us. But I dare say that you are most probably correct in your assessment of their motives.

If you notice, it's usually those who contribute the least (if anything at all constructive to this board), who scream and complain the loudest. Why? Whats their possible motive? I imagine that "trolling" to create havoc and disharmony here on our board is their end game. Either that, or they are "Green-Eyed Monsters" as you so aptly put it, and have such jealousy that they cannot stand it and need to try and knock NYMafia's content down a notch or two if they can (which they can't) to try and make themselves feel better when they look in the mirror.

But whatever their problem is, is just that, "their problem," because Lisa and I could give a fuck less what they think, or about the shit that spills from their mouthes!

We post what we post for "nice" people like you.

If they don't like what we post, then they don't have to click in to read our work. But as they have said themselves, "they enjoy our content", yet still find the need to complain and throw baseless allegations. It's fucked up shit in plain English. They bellyache yet eagerly read all our stuff!

So what the fuck else could it possibly be except complete jealousy. One other possible motive may be that they come here from "another board" (no names mentioned) to try and destroy GBB? Could it be that they are sent here to weaken the fabric of this forum? Could be right? It certainly would then make sense WHY they throw shit our way.

Food for thought no???

Anyway, Thanks again for "manning up" and speaking up on our behalf. There are way too few on here who do. People like to read our stuff, yet hide behind their keyboards when it's time to talk up the "right way." Sad! ..... like their gonna get tracked down in cyberspace and punished or something. No backbone!

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002203
12/28/20 10:24 AM
12/28/20 10:24 AM
F
fergie Offline OP
Underboss
fergie  Offline OP
F
Underboss
Hey, nothing but good will here! It just is a bit different having another actual website host regularly post on here, that was my point.

Worth maybe sliding a few dollars in the direction of site hosts here eh wink

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002204
12/28/20 10:35 AM
12/28/20 10:35 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

One more thing while we're at it. I'm sure these type of people would like nothing better that NYMafia chose to not post up anything else on this board. Maybe then that would make them feel better about themselves. Or achieve their fucked up "goals" whatever they are. God only knows!

But if that were the case, do you truly think that would help this forum, or hurt it? If you look at the plethora of content we are nice enough to contribute here, then think about the loss thereof of that same content, you tell me.

And as Cabrini commented so eloquently, just go look at ALL the content that these little weasels DO NOT contribute to this forum. They don't post articles, or bios, or newspapers, or anything else of real value. Only complaints, baseless accusations, insults, and bullshit!

Any logical person has to ask themselves why that is??

Start researching, making notes, gathering photos and news, writing, correcting and editing, finishing, and then posting up stuff. Then we'll see what they can do! Then maybe they'll realize just how hard it really is, and shut the fuck up! Or put up as the saying goes! Or maybe they already do know and cannot do it, thats why they try and break balls...jealousy and green-eyed envy. Plain and simple! Lol

Last edited by NYMafia; 12/29/20 07:55 AM.
Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002206
12/28/20 10:48 AM
12/28/20 10:48 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Hey, nothing but good will here! It just is a bit different having another actual website host regularly post on here, that was my point.

Is that what you call it, "good will?"

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002207
12/28/20 10:50 AM
12/28/20 10:50 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Wait! You think people are jealous if they criticize you? Jealous of what? All the millions of dollars you're making? lol lol

I call 'em like I motherfucking see 'em. Lisa is a brilliant writer, but the other one simply isn't.

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002208
12/28/20 10:55 AM
12/28/20 10:55 AM
Underboss
Underboss

The articles aren't worth any money, but I would've gladly paid for Guilt For The Gutless. Check out the audiobook on YouTube. Just brilliant.

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002209
12/28/20 11:05 AM
12/28/20 11:05 AM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
It's not even the same shit, they post bios that pertain to the interests of members of the board. This is a place for discussion.

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #1002210
12/28/20 11:11 AM
12/28/20 11:11 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Wait! You think people are jealous if they criticize you? Jealous of what? All the millions of dollars you're making? lol lol

I call 'em like I motherfucking see 'em. Lisa is a brilliant writer, but the other one simply isn't.

Read CabriniGreens post, he says it perfectly. His words not mine!

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002211
12/28/20 11:32 AM
12/28/20 11:32 AM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
I ALWAYS stay out of the petty key board arguments and comments by the same key board tough guys who know it all. But I have to say this out of the blue attack on NYMafia was really (In my opinion) unjust and probably intended to just get a rise out him and fans/supporters (I am a fan of his articles). NYMafia just ignore the ignorant attacks. This is a Organized Crime board, his attack was personal and had nothing to do with OC so why even bother responding. Keep posting NYMafia if anyone has anything to say about your information that's fair game, your motives can be what ever they are. Its not up to anyone but the board hosts to determine if the motives are nefarious or not (I just wanted to use the word nefarious for once!)

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002213
12/28/20 11:48 AM
12/28/20 11:48 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

This actually made me laugh....surely you jest? How much do you think it costs to run a forum? ~ Lisa B

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: NYMafia] #1002214
12/28/20 12:36 PM
12/28/20 12:36 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Originally Posted by NYMafia

This actually made me laugh....surely you jest? How much do you think it costs to run a forum? ~ Lisa B

Just out of curiosity, are you planning on writing another book Lisa?

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: majicrat] #1002220
12/28/20 02:25 PM
12/28/20 02:25 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by majicrat
I ALWAYS stay out of the petty key board arguments and comments by the same key board tough guys who know it all. But I have to say this out of the blue attack on NYMafia was really (In my opinion) unjust and probably intended to just get a rise out him and fans/supporters (I am a fan of his articles). NYMafia just ignore the ignorant attacks. This is a Organized Crime board, his attack was personal and had nothing to do with OC so why even bother responding. Keep posting NYMafia if anyone has anything to say about your information that's fair game, your motives can be what ever they are. Its not up to anyone but the board hosts to determine if the motives are nefarious or not (I just wanted to use the word nefarious for once!)

Thank you Majicrat, I agree with your assessment. These type of people are born troublemakers, and just punks who should be ignored.

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002221
12/28/20 03:50 PM
12/28/20 03:50 PM
California
M
Mikey_Sunset Offline
Capo
Mikey_Sunset  Offline
M
Capo
California
I really like the posts from NYMafia. I also enjoy it when they take the time for guessing games prior to posting their latest article, those are enjoyable. The articles on San Francisco and Bay Area LCN were of particular interest as that's my home turf.

I find OC interesting and enjoy reading or watching movies/documentaries on the topic. For me, it's about learning something new and having some fun. NYMafia's posts accomplish both.

So, thank you for providing a lot of great reading material especially during these days when we all probably have a little more downtime than we'd like.

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002226
12/28/20 05:24 PM
12/28/20 05:24 PM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
I cannot believe that this dead horse is still being beat.

Let me see if I have this right:
People who enjoy reading OC related content on this Board are bitc#ing about people who provide OC related content to this Board.

As far as NYMafia running a revenue producing hustle,I did a little financial summary.
Here it is:
I added up everything that I spent on NYMafia in 2020 to consistently read enjoyable content,have some fun playing the "who's the Mob Guy" game, and learn about some people that I knew very little of.
Here's the final figure;
Zero fuc#in' dollars and Zero fuc#in' cents !!!

If you have something to post,post it. If not, get a Happy Meal,turn on Netflix,and leave the rest of us alone.

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002232
12/28/20 08:43 PM
12/28/20 08:43 PM
mchang93 Offline
Capo
mchang93  Offline
Capo
Like others said this is the place for discussion about OC and NY writes about OC. I don’t get the problem at all.

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002234
12/28/20 08:46 PM
12/28/20 08:46 PM
mchang93 Offline
Capo
mchang93  Offline
Capo
I enjoy everything they do and the board has been more active since they started posting IMO. Maybe I’m wrong numbers wise but I come to read few times a week, they post good shit to read on old timers and defunct families pretty solid contributions to the site IMO

Re: Piggybacking on Gangster BB [Re: fergie] #1002241
12/29/20 03:21 AM
12/29/20 03:21 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA

Hey, fergie -

I appreciate you looking out for the GBB, but at this point I have no reason to believe there is any malicious intent. In fact, it's probably been a benefit having the NYMafia folks choosing to contribute here for no compensation other than the satisfaction most readers get from them. I haven't had any problems with it, and I haven't gotten any complaints. They had reached out to me a while back, but there have been no discussions whatsoever about anything (between the holidays and my mom's passing and all that's involved, and life in general, I haven't had much time for that -- sorry about that, NYMafia).

Let's just get back to what we're here for... wink Of course, anyone with concerns can continue to feel free to report inappropriate posts, etc, and Turnbull or I will look into it.

Thanks!

JG

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull