GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 112 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,095
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,284
Hollander 23,355
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,487
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,216
Posts1,056,191
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ciro Perrone - Mob Museum Mafioso #1001935
12/24/20 08:37 AM
12/24/20 08:37 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

The Other Guy and I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas...here's a little stocking stuffer from us to you via Mob Fireside Chat. Enjoy!

Ciro Perrone | Mob Museum Mafioso

Ciro Perrone was a member of the Genovese Family who was the "right arm" to Tony the Sheik Carillo and had a penchant for knives and odd antiquities.

https://youtu.be/nCh_G92Pafg

Re: Ciro Perrone - Mob Museum Mafioso [Re: NYMafia] #1002131
12/26/20 07:21 PM
12/26/20 07:21 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Fellas, if you haven't already watched our newest podcast about Genovese soldier/Capo Ciro Perrone, I humbly suggest you give it a try.

We've posted it only 2 days ago and its exploded with interest. I'm actually surprised myself at the amount of people who have watched and commented on it. Over 10,000 views in a little over 48 hours. Others we've taped have done well. But this (for whatever reason) has gone next level.

So please give it a shot and let us know what you think. Good or bad, we've love to hear from you. It helps us improve for the next one, ok.

Re: Ciro Perrone - Mob Museum Mafioso [Re: NYMafia] #1002159
12/27/20 02:48 PM
12/27/20 02:48 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
Its very good.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Ciro Perrone - Mob Museum Mafioso [Re: DuesPaid] #1002160
12/27/20 04:09 PM
12/27/20 04:09 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by DuesPaid
Its very good.

Glad you liked it DuesP. Thanks for commenting

Re: Ciro Perrone - Mob Museum Mafioso [Re: NYMafia] #1002161
12/27/20 05:02 PM
12/27/20 05:02 PM
Paris
M
Malavita Offline
Capo
Malavita  Offline
M
Capo
Paris
Nice video.

Just a couple of remarks if I may.

It's pronounced "Tchiro" and not "Siro" ;-)

Also I don't understand why you decide to end the video by saying that Perrone was "a good guy". This is something that comes often in you guys's articles. You seem to like to make a judgement on the person's character and I don't think it's necessary.

In my opinion, you guys should keep it factual. I know you're working hard on your research and you 're doing a good job but you're kind of wasting it by expressing orientated opinions in your articles/videos. You're always very negative about informants and, on the other end, you sometimes praised guys who were hardlined criminals.

I don't see the point and unfortunately, it does not do justice to your hard work.

Re: Ciro Perrone - Mob Museum Mafioso [Re: NYMafia] #1002165
12/27/20 06:08 PM
12/27/20 06:08 PM
F
fergie Offline
Underboss
fergie  Offline
F
Underboss
Great job NY

Re: Ciro Perrone - Mob Museum Mafioso [Re: Malavita] #1002182
12/27/20 08:32 PM
12/27/20 08:32 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by Malavita
Nice video.

Also I don't understand why you decide to end the video by saying that Perrone was "a good guy". This is something that comes often in you guys's articles. You seem to like to make a judgement on the person's character and I don't think it's necessary.

In my opinion, you guys should keep it factual. I know you're working hard on your research and you 're doing a good job but you're kind of wasting it by expressing orientated opinions in your articles/videos. You're always very negative about informants and, on the other end, you sometimes praised guys who were hardlined criminals.

I don't see the point and unfortunately, it does not do justice to your hard work.

-----
Thank you for the compliments Malavita.

As far as negativity, acceptance, or praise on different subject matter. It all depends on your viewpoints and outlook I guess. We are each entitled to our own. After all it is freedom of speech and free opinion. Am I right? We each see things a bit different. And thats a good thing. It makes for a healthy debate, and keeps us on our toes. Lol

Nice talking with you.

Last edited by NYMafia; 12/27/20 08:33 PM.
Re: Ciro Perrone - Mob Museum Mafioso [Re: NYMafia] #1002300
12/30/20 04:30 AM
12/30/20 04:30 AM
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
B
BensonHURST Offline
Bensonhurst
BensonHURST  Offline
Bensonhurst
B
Underboss
Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NYC
NY

Let me start by saying I am a big fan of your work.
GREAT JOB...

However, I have to agree with Malivita, in that I think you should leave the pieces you do just to the facts.

The personal comments good or bad take away from the quality of your work.

I am just trying to be helpful.

That's it.

Again, PLEASE KEEP em' coming...

Last edited by BensonHURST; 12/30/20 04:30 AM. Reason: Typo
Re: Ciro Perrone - Mob Museum Mafioso [Re: Malavita] #1002305
12/30/20 09:56 AM
12/30/20 09:56 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Nice video.

Yes, you are partially correct about the pronunciation of Ciro. In Italy, it is pronounced as "Cheerdo," but in the states we say "Seero."

And with his particular bio I said he was basically a good guy because I actually knew Ciro, as did my family and friends. I also know much more background on him than I included in the article for obvious reasons. So although he was what he was, and I made that pretty clear I think (not to whitewash his background), I also know the "human" side to him. And that was my impression of him.

You will find that I do that from time to time with individuals I actually knew. I will sometimes insert my personal thoughts on a guy (good or bad) for the readers to try and get a better handle on his persona so to speak.

I may even do an extended bio on him in the future and insert a few memories. Not to make him sound like Mother Theresa, lol, but for instance I know that he actually paid a delinquent mortgage on an old woman's home in Ozone Park so she wouldn't get thrown out on the street by the bank. I'm talking like $40,000 here. Maybe more.

Another memory of him was saving another good fellas life (from another crew btw). Ciro had absolutely nothing to do with it. But he liked the guy and stepped in and asked that this guys life be spared. And because of him the guy went on breathing for years to come.

One last thing was that he was known as a sport with money. When you went out with him he'd never let you reach into your pocket to pay a bill. Ciro was good that way.

This is why a say that he was a "good guy." Many in his position are cheap fucks who wouldn't part with a nickel, or step out to save a guy, let alone pay someone else's mortgage. Hell, most legitimate folks wouldn't even do that! Lol

I hope this gives you some insight into the guy, and into my thinking.

Last edited by NYMafia; 12/30/20 10:09 AM.
Re: Ciro Perrone - Mob Museum Mafioso [Re: BensonHURST] #1002306
12/30/20 10:13 AM
12/30/20 10:13 AM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Originally Posted by BensonHURST
NY

Let me start by saying I am a big fan of your work.
GREAT JOB...

However, I have to agree with Malivita, in that I think you should leave the pieces you do just to the facts.

The personal comments good or bad take away from the quality of your work.

I am just trying to be helpful.

That's it.

Again, PLEASE KEEP em' coming...

Thank you pal. I appreciate the comments and support. If you read below though in my response to Malavita, it might explain why I sometimes write what I write. I have known way more than my share of "guys" over the years, and some of what I write is from close personal experience with these fellas. I do not pull thoughts out of the sky, they are usually based in facts. Or at least my knowledge of the facts.

But I do agree that the "facts" are what really counts. Always.

Re: Ciro Perrone - Mob Museum Mafioso [Re: NYMafia] #1002342
12/30/20 02:26 PM
12/30/20 02:26 PM
Paris
M
Malavita Offline
Capo
Malavita  Offline
M
Capo
Paris
Fair enough NYM.

It's not a big issue for me and that doesn't prevent me from enjoying your work but I just wanted to point that out as a matter of feedback.

Your comments about Perrone's humanitarian actions (so to speak) are interesting. I was actually thinking about starting a thread on the involvement of mob guys in charity projects. It's common for mob guys to help their local communities as it's a good way to build power and loyalty but some went further and got directly involved with Charity organizations. Guys like Wild Bill Cutolo or Greg dePalma were very active in medical charities. It deosn't make up for all the bad things they did but it's interesting that they felt the need to take part in such activities.

Re: Ciro Perrone - Mob Museum Mafioso [Re: Malavita] #1002351
12/30/20 05:01 PM
12/30/20 05:01 PM
N
NYMafia Offline OP
NYMafia  Offline OP

N

Fair enough NYM.

It's not a big issue for me and that doesn't prevent me from enjoying your work but I just wanted to point that out as a matter of feedback.

Your comments about Perrone's humanitarian actions (so to speak) are interesting. I was actually thinking about starting a thread on the involvement of mob guys in charity projects. It's common for mob guys to help their local communities as it's a good way to build power and loyalty but some went further and got directly involved with Charity organizations. Guys like Wild Bill Cutolo or Greg dePalma were very active in medical charities. It deosn't make up for all the bad things they did but it's interesting that they felt the need to take part in such activities.

I think that's a good idea. And I certainly encourage to do so. Create a thread about that. I would be more than happy to put my 2-cents in for what its worth with certain individuals I have knowledge of. Its an interesting "alternate" view that is not spoken of. And a "new" vantage point.

Re: Ciro Perrone - Mob Museum Mafioso [Re: NYMafia] #1002362
12/30/20 07:26 PM
12/30/20 07:26 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
That video was top notch. I'm very familiar with Ciro. I'm not always happy with what you write, but you were on point here. Two thumbs up!

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull