GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 130 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,355
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,735
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,502
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,282
Posts1,057,844
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Skinny Joe and Biden? #999836
11/16/20 10:04 AM
11/16/20 10:04 AM
K
Kingscounty Offline OP
Wiseguy
Kingscounty  Offline OP
K
Wiseguy

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999837
11/16/20 10:30 AM
11/16/20 10:30 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by Kingscounty

----
With all do respect fellas, if anyone believes this bullshit, anyone at all, then they are total idiots!

Its not even a debate!

Whacky nut-job conspiracy theorists to the max!.....It's actually embarrassing to imagine that any level headed, intelligent thinking adult person could/would bother to finish even reading this "fantasy" article.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999839
11/16/20 10:45 AM
11/16/20 10:45 AM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
This article has to be from the Onion or Babylon Bee...best quote in there is that Joey wants to be a park ranger.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999840
11/16/20 11:05 AM
11/16/20 11:05 AM
C
chin_gigante Offline
Capo
chin_gigante  Offline
C
Capo
Lol, everytime someone posts this nonsense somewhere

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999841
11/16/20 11:16 AM
11/16/20 11:16 AM
K
Kingscounty Offline OP
Wiseguy
Kingscounty  Offline OP
K
Wiseguy
I lol’d myself. For what it’s worth I posted because I saw no one else did.

NYMAfIA I don’t post here often because unlike you I’m not some gangster fan boy. I happened upon here accidentally years ago when a close friend sent me Wikipedia thing about his father. This site was down the line of the google search. So I stopped in and was blown away by many of the members and how their stories of people I knew as a kid where so close to the ones I either heard or saw. But a lot those members have left because dickhead posters like yourself. Calling people idiots from behind a keyboard is real a tough guy move. And your arguments with Moe do nothing for this site.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999842
11/16/20 11:17 AM
11/16/20 11:17 AM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Bullshit lol

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: merlino] #999844
11/16/20 11:19 AM
11/16/20 11:19 AM
K
Kingscounty Offline OP
Wiseguy
Kingscounty  Offline OP
K
Wiseguy
Originally Posted by merlino
This article has to be from the Onion or Babylon Bee...best quote in there is that Joey wants to be a park ranger.

No the best was Joey delivering the ballots! Hahaha! Can you just picture that for a minute?!

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999846
11/16/20 12:43 PM
11/16/20 12:43 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by Kingscounty
I lol’d myself. For what it’s worth I posted because I saw no one else did.

NYMAfIA I don’t post here often because unlike you I’m not some gangster fan boy. I happened upon here accidentally years ago when a close friend sent me Wikipedia thing about his father. This site was down the line of the google search. So I stopped in and was blown away by many of the members and how their stories of people I knew as a kid where so close to the ones I either heard or saw. But a lot those members have left because dickhead posters like yourself. Calling people idiots from behind a keyboard is real a tough guy move. And your arguments with Moe do nothing for this site.

---
First of all. my comment was about the article, NOT about you per se! So please don't get your panties in a bunch.

#2, it IS an idiot article (you even said you agreed with my assessment). Did you write the article? No right? so why are you so defensive?

#3, I am not a "gangster fanboy" as you say, but I'd like to think of myself as a decent researcher and good contributor of all things organized crime. Do you not agree with me on that? Have you visited our site? Buttonguys of The New York Mafia. I think you may enjoy it if you do visit us. I invite you to do so, ok.

#4, I am not trying to be a "keyboard racketeer," In fact, far from it. I try my best to always conduct myself in an intelligent and gentlemanly fashion on this board. And I like to think I've made a lot of friends on this forum. Even when we disagree on a subject, we tend to be amenable about it, so it's actually a fun exchange.

#5, whatever words I had with Moe is because he started in with me. If you bother to trace our treads all the way back to the start, It'll bare that out. Mine was just a "defense" mechanism against verbal attacks toward me. Understand? But generally speaking I do not have any problems with anyone on here. Moe was the exception.

#6, I don't call other posters "dickheads", Lol, thats not how I speak.

Last edited by NYMafia; 11/16/20 06:15 PM.
Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999847
11/16/20 12:51 PM
11/16/20 12:51 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Haha a lot of people seem to really dislike you NYMafia. I don't consider you a fanboy, but you do sound like somebody who would rather be friends with a wiseguy than a government official haha

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #999857
11/16/20 02:45 PM
11/16/20 02:45 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Haha a lot of people seem to really dislike you NYMafia. I don't consider you a fanboy, but you do sound like somebody who would rather be friends with a wiseguy than a government official haha

---
Hi ya Ralphie, Thank you for that little affirmation. In truth, I am the furtherest thing from a "fanboy" that one could be.

As far as my preference to being friends with a wiseguy as opposed to a government official? Lol.... judging from some of the politicians and government officials we've had out there, it's sometimes difficult to tell who the racketeer really is, the mob guy or the government guy! Lol..... so depending on the "wiseguy" and the "government official" you're asking about, you may be right or wrong on that one! LOL
-
And lastly, I wasn't aware, as you say of "a lot of people dislike me." With the exception of Moe and maybe one or two others, I always thought conversely that we (my website, I, and my partner at the site) were generally very well liked. In fact you're statement is news to me.

You really gotta ask yourself why would it be (if it's even true that is), that certain people do not like me?

I mind my own business and don't bother anyone. We keep very, very busy researching, composing and writing what most people in general have said is very good, unique and informative content for our website; the internet in general, the forum, and other outlets. 99.9% of the time we contribute relevant treads to this forum, and elsewhere. I never denigrate anybody, regardless of who they may be, or their views on various subjects.

You should remember too that I'm not getting paid for any of this (what IMO is great content that we put out weekly). My partner and I both do this for FREE!...so what's not to like about it? On average do you realize that my partner and I release 3-5 new mob stories every single week?

PS: we also track our analytics daily, weekly and monthly to see our viewership, and subscribers. Not to boast but to point of the facts, what we have found is that (overwhelmingly) we have had positive responses and comments toward nearly every single storyline, bio, or mob related article we've ever released. We seem to be growing our members at a solid rate weekly. If I showed you the wonderful comments complimenting our stories (literally hundreds per week), you'd fall out of your chair.

So I'm actually puzzled as to who it is exactly that you feel does not like us number #1. And number #2 if I might ask, why would they not like us, or me?

Ralphie, I also want you to know that I'm asking this question very sincerely here ok? What possible reason (or reasons) would someone, anyone, "dislike me?"

I just don't get where any disapproval or "dislike" comes from...in what way did I offend anyone?

Last edited by NYMafia; 11/16/20 03:04 PM.
Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: merlino] #999860
11/16/20 03:29 PM
11/16/20 03:29 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by merlino

I agree Merlino. Park rangers are cops who have jurisdiction in a park instead of the streets. No way would they give felon that job, and no way would a guy like Merlino want it anyway. The average ranger in NJ State Forests couldn't tell you much about the plants or animals, but they can sure write you a ticket!

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Fleming_Ave] #999861
11/16/20 04:08 PM
11/16/20 04:08 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Yes, I can see Skinny Joey in a khaki outfit and Smokey the Bear hat, asking campers to clean up their trash--or else! lol

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999866
11/16/20 05:38 PM
11/16/20 05:38 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

NYMafia has claimed to be related to two ranking wiseguys, which explains the slant inherent in all of his posts.

Two options.

Assuming he's fibbing, A): He is a fantasist who has developed an obsession with a certain Italian-American subculture.
Assuming he's telling the truth, B): Everything he says has to be taken with a grain of salt because he cannot remain impartial about government witnesses or cases that are on the docket.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: NYMafia] #999872
11/16/20 06:05 PM
11/16/20 06:05 PM
M
Moscone65 Offline
Made Member
Moscone65  Offline
M
Made Member
Hey NY, don’t listen to those gavones, moe and some others on this site offer little other than busting peoples balls, in my opinion. Just bums with nothing else to do than bug people on the internet. I for one enjoy your articles and appreciate the time you and your pal put into them. Keep up the good work!

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Moscone65] #999874
11/16/20 06:09 PM
11/16/20 06:09 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Originally Posted by Moscone65
Hey NY, don’t listen to those gavones, moe and some others on this site offer little other than busting peoples balls, in my opinion. Just bums with nothing else to do than bug people on the internet. I for one enjoy your articles and appreciate the time you and your pal put into them. Keep up the good work!

What he writes has as much credibility as the Weekly World News!

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999875
11/16/20 06:11 PM
11/16/20 06:11 PM
C
ColonelReb Offline
Banned
ColonelReb  Offline
Banned
C
Underboss
Sounds like a bullshit story to me. The only believable thing is the part about being paid $10 per ballot. If the mob got the chance to do that then I could definitely see them getting together a group of associates together to churn out 300,000 ballots. $3 million in a couple of days is just too easy to pass up.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #999876
11/16/20 06:12 PM
11/16/20 06:12 PM
M
Moscone65 Offline
Made Member
Moscone65  Offline
M
Made Member
Well it’s still an interesting read, atleast he’s helping to keep these forums alive, and he’s not making up information. Yes he does have a bias, but so what many of us do. A lot of us are interested about wiseguys, and to an extent admire some of them in some ways, so I think he gets a pass for that.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Moscone65] #999877
11/16/20 06:32 PM
11/16/20 06:32 PM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

---
Moscone, first of all I wanna thank you coming to my defense, as well as that endorsement of my articles. I am glad you enjoy them. Thats why I do what I do in the first place. It's gratifying to hear people such as yourself say that. So thank you!

And as far as Moe Tilden goes, or any other of these type of argumentative posters, and I use the word "posters" very loosely here, I actually take them with a big grain of salt at best, which is the only healthy way to really look at them I think. How does that old saying go?..... "Those who can play get out onto the playing field and do so, showing what they got. Those who don't know how to play, often sit on the sidelines and just bellyache and complain about those players that do!" .... LOL, I think that analogy may very well apply here.

As you so astutely pointed out, typically you'll see that these kind of posters actually contribute very little positive content to any dialogue they enter. They are rabble rousers and malcontents who try and insult others in order to stir the pot and start trouble.

But enough of them already. We give them too much importance. Agreed?

Until we speak again, "stay well".... or as they say in Italian "stare bene"

Last edited by NYMafia; 11/16/20 06:44 PM.
Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999884
11/16/20 07:22 PM
11/16/20 07:22 PM
eastsideofvan Offline
Capo
eastsideofvan  Offline
Capo
I like you too NYMafia and more to the point I think you obviously do everyone here a huge service with the research and posting you do. Actually, right before you appeared on here I thought things had become very dull and I think you've done a lot to liven it up. Without content, there's nothing to drive a discussion board! NYMafia creates a ton of content and we should all be grateful for that.

I suppose you do strike me as a bit of a fanboy, but I don't think you should take offence to that. Aren't we all, to some degree fans of the subject if not the individuals involved in this life? If NYMafia feels some affinity to some of the guys we talk about here, that's your right to feel how you want. Lots of people feel affinities for famous figures whether that's Princess Diana or the Pope or whoever else. We can debate the morality of whether or not we like/approve of these figures - but isn't having that debate one whole key component of even having a "discussion forum" like this? It's a Discussion Forum, not an "agreement forum".

Anyone who claims they're not at least a bit of a fanboy, I guess I gotta ask - why are you here? Just nothing better to do? Why have almost all of us here spent time watching mob flicks and reading the books and so forth?

It is after all a fascinating subject - I've been called on it by friends of mine and have gotten used to offering my own explanation for what I find so fascinating about OC.

As to whether NYMafia has bona fide connections, who knows, and what does it matter anyway? It's like talk radio - callers call in with all kinds of claims, good hosts don't even bother trying to ascertain the veracity of the caller they take their claims at face value and debate and discuss them on that basis for the purpose of a largely theoretical discussion -- assuming what the caller is saying is the truth. I don't care if NYMafia is connected to anybody, or not. I'll likely never meet NYMafia in real life - my only relationship here is as a consumer of their (rather excellent) content, and to whatever degree we have some discussion or debate.

Oh and as to the Joey story, that is obviously bullshit. Much like the claims of mass voter fraud themselves. I don't think Joey could rig a PTA election at the local elementary school much less the US federal election. Joey is no Sam Giancana.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Moe_Tilden] #999892
11/16/20 08:13 PM
11/16/20 08:13 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden
NYMafia has claimed to be related to two ranking wiseguys, which explains the slant inherent in all of his posts.

Two options.

Assuming he's fibbing, A): He is a fantasist who has developed an obsession with a certain Italian-American subculture.
Assuming he's telling the truth, B): Everything he says has to be taken with a grain of salt because he cannot remain impartial about government witnesses or cases that are on the docket.

Which wiseguys has he claimed to be related to? I must admit I doubt he knows any wiseguys, but I do enjoy some of his articles. I know many of them are fiction, but some are accurate

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: eastsideofvan] #999896
11/16/20 09:09 PM
11/16/20 09:09 PM
Fleming_Ave Offline
Underboss
Fleming_Ave  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by eastsideofvan

Oh and as to the Joey story, that is obviously bullshit. Much like the claims of mass voter fraud themselves. I don't think Joey could rig a PTA election at the local elementary school much less the US federal election. Joey is no Sam Giancana.

Yeah, there is no way in hell any candidate from either party is approaching a known gangster like Joey for help. Back in the old days maybe, but not now. The FBI is always lurking, and everyone with any common sense knows it.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999902
11/16/20 10:42 PM
11/16/20 10:42 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
"Buffalo Chronicle" was started in 2014 and has been flagged as dubious by watchdog sites. The site is strange. Authors names aren't listed with a lot of the articles, there's no ownership information, "about" page, etc, as most legit news sites have.

https://www.newsguardtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/buffalochronicle-1.pdf

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-buffalo-chronicle/

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999906
11/16/20 10:59 PM
11/16/20 10:59 PM
UK
S
streetbossliborio Offline
Underboss
streetbossliborio  Offline
S
Underboss
UK
NYmafia appreciate your content always an interesting read. Haven’t posted in a long time but felt compelled to write this considering the amount of content I’ve read of yours in recent times. Keep em coming

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999907
11/16/20 11:05 PM
11/16/20 11:05 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Fake news lol, but on a local level I do think mafiosi have links to politicians. But to influence national politics is impossible although there were rumors the Outfit helped JFK.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Hollander] #999909
11/16/20 11:17 PM
11/16/20 11:17 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
NYMafia makes valuable contributions to this board. If you disagree with his articles or conclusions, you're welcome to say so. But, don't make personal attacks.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Hollander] #999917
11/16/20 11:58 PM
11/16/20 11:58 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted by Hollander
Fake news lol, but on a local level I do think mafiosi have links to politicians. But to influence national politics is impossible although there were rumors the Outfit helped JFK.

I don't think the American mafia has the leverage anymore to control a politician. That racket was taken over by corporate America.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Kingscounty] #999919
11/17/20 12:39 AM
11/17/20 12:39 AM
L
Lou_Para Offline
Underboss
Lou_Para  Offline
L
Underboss
NyMafia, I really enjoy your posts. I especially love your "guess the Mobster" game. It's fun racking my brain to try and decipher the clues (and to be honest,I haven't gotten one yet). The bios are great and there's always a tidbit or two that I never knew. I agree that there's no need or purpose for personal attacks. My counter proposal to the detractors would be that if you don't like what is posted,then maybe do some posting of your own. I love this board and your contributions have,at least for me,given it a major shot in the arm. Thank you for all the work you do.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: Moscone65] #999925
11/17/20 08:38 AM
11/17/20 08:38 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Well it’s still an interesting read, atleast he’s helping to keep these forums alive, and he’s not making up information. Yes he does have a bias, but so what many of us do. A lot of us are interested about wiseguys, and to an extent admire some of them in some ways, so I think he gets a pass for that.

Bingo! Lol... Thank you again Moscone. We "all" has a bit of a bias, one way or another.

As far as info goes. I NEVER make up information. I don't need to. There is so much legitimate data out there if you know where to search it out, there's no need for BS.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #999926
11/17/20 08:54 AM
11/17/20 08:54 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by ralphie_cifaretto
Originally Posted by Moe_Tilden

Two options.

Which wiseguys has he claimed to be related to? I must admit I doubt he knows any wiseguys, but I do enjoy some of his articles. I know many of them are fiction, but some are accurate

---
Ralph, I'm glad you enjoy my articles. But why would you say some are "fiction"? NONE are fiction. they are not even 95% accurate. I'd put that range at about 99%. (hey, nobody is perfect right? Lol)

As far as knowing wiseguys. Again, why would you say that? Why is that so incredulous?

My father, uncles, grandfather, great uncles, and several cousins, were ALL wiseguys. FACT! ..... Over the years i grew up in the areas of Downtown New York - Little Italy, Brooklyn, and Queens. At one time or another I lived in all those areas. All of which were heavily saturated Italian neighborhoods. I rubbed shoulders with guys all my life. Since birth. As far as my own personal credentials go (I won't even go there).

Do you NOT think that I'd bump into guys, go to school with guys, play ball, and hang out with guys. Be with my family members while they operated and bounced around?

Remember, that I didn't grow up out of state. Or in some rural area, or city where there is no presence of organized crime. In my neighborhood if I threw a rock I'd hit 12 wiseguys, or their family members.

In fact I'm not gonna even go any further. Use your imagination and maybe, just maybe, you'll realize that I'm a bit more hooked in than one would first imagine.

My partner was laughing yesterday at some of the comments on the forum. She could not believe that nobody would notice that while she lists her name as Lisa openly. I always go under the handle of "The Other Guy." Why do you think that might be? She was surprised that nobody would deduce that maybe it's because I wanna keep my anonymity.

Re: Skinny Joe and Biden? [Re: streetbossliborio] #999928
11/17/20 09:00 AM
11/17/20 09:00 AM
N
NYMafia Offline
NYMafia  Offline

N

Originally Posted by streetbossliborio
NYmafia appreciate your content always an interesting read. Haven’t posted in a long time but felt compelled to write this considering the amount of content I’ve read of yours in recent times. Keep em coming

---
Liborio, I appreciate your stepping up to the plate in my defense. The fact that you felt compelled to talk up is a very cool thing. And I'm so glad that you read and enjoy my stuff.

And you can have full confidence in the knowledge that what you read is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth! So help me God! Lol

Thanks again pal!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull